• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Not sure what you're trying to say about Eevee being more deserving in game, the only game I can think of Eevee being considered somewhat important is Pokemon XD and Pokemon Yellow, but Meowth would be much more deserving than Eevee if you derived his popularity from the anime alone.

In either case you should consider the backlash of dropping a three-time Smash veteran for someone who isn't even highly requested or as popular.
well Eevee is also important to Pokemon Conquest, being you're starter, and is a starter Mystery Dungeon red/blue and he is one of the few pokemon to be catchable in literally every main game. but no i overall wouldnt say he's that important. moreso than Jiggs, but she has her veteran status to help her out

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Does anybody have a problem if I replace JigglyPuff with Eevee. (Not saying Eevee will evolve or not)

It's just that Eevee is more deserving than JigglyPuff in both anime & game, I think it's a good idea.
Complains I have a bad roster. Adds Eevee to his roster.
Compains I know nothing about Pokemon. Considers Eevee more important than Jigglypuff.
Complains I add nothing to the discussions. Posts a theoretical question concerning Eevee as a playable character in the game.

LOL :lol:

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Go right ahead and replace Jigglypuff with Eevee. I only liked Jigglypuff in Melee anyways. Eevee is just 20x more awesome.

Compains I know nothing about Pokemon. Considers Eevee more important than Jigglypuff.
Complains I add nothing to the discussions. Posts a theoretical question concerning Eevee as a playable character in the game.

Complains about someone complaining. Loophole doods!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Henry: A dark mage who's so blatantly serious it's intimidating and walks in on the female avatar naked
Chrom: A corpse obsessive prince who likes to watch himself bleed and does anything anyone asks him to do.
Yes....
Just absolutely YESSS!!!
Chrom personality switched with Robin's would do nicely, at least then more people will see him as the main character. I thought Chrom was overshadowed by the other important characters and the quirky personality ones, so that also lead to his demise of not being favored by me, over more interesting seeming lords.

Gune

Smash Lord

DONT. YOU. START.

TheDivineDeity

Seriously, WHAT makes Eevee so SPECIAL? :confused: There are FAR better choices to choose from in Pokemon than EEVEE.

Examples: Mewtwo, Lucario, Genesect, Zoroark, Meowth, Blaziken, Ditto, etc.

:ohwell:

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Chrom personality switched with Robin's would do nicely, at least then more people will see him as the main character. I thought Chrom was overshadowed by the other important characters and the quirky personality ones, so that also lead to his demise of not being favored by me, over more interesting seeming lords.

Would you say Avatar was more significant than Chrom?

Khoru

Smash Champion
why is someone always trying to start **** in here
is this really necessary

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, there's something I don't get, DivineDiety...isn't one of the principles of Christianity the fact that lying is sinful? If so, why are you blatantly lying in your signature? And in ketchup and mustard colors, no less.

But back on topic, while Eevee is an important Pokemon, I just don't see it getting in over Jigglypuff.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Seriously, WHAT makes Eevee so SPECIAL? :confused: There are FAR better choices to choose from in Pokemon than EEVEE.

I'd like Blaziken, but only if he's part of a "Pokemon Trainer" character along with Grovyle and Mudkip.
If the Grovyle from PMD2 is a fighter, then the Trainer's other Pokemon should be Treecko and Marshtomp instead.

Could you explain how Ditto would work a a fighter?

Edit: Lucky seven!!! DING DING DING

----

TheDivineDeity

I'd like Blaziken, but only if he's part of a "Pokemon Trainer" character along with Grovyle and Mudkip.
If the Grovyle from PMD2 is a fighter, then the Trainer's other Pokemon should be Treecko and Marshtomp instead.

Could you explain how Ditto would work a a fighter?

----
Honestly, it is more of a suggestion than anything, and honestly I think he's better off as an AT. What I would find interesting, however, is a Ditto who acts like Kirby and copies moves of the opponents - with different physics, attack power, jump and height, etc. Of course, it could also have Struggle as an attack. Again, thought, it's more of an experimental pick - there are other Pokemon much more easier to deal with.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
No cutting jigs she's original 12 she's iconic and has to many fans to cut at this point, eevee would be a forced addition (perfect for a pokeball), I think young link better represents the "younger" version of link in all games where he is a boy, he would use alot of different Zelda items.

TheDivineDeity

You know, there's something I don't get, DivineDiety...isn't one of the principles of Christianity the fact that lying is sinful? If so, why are you blatantly lying in your signature? And in ketchup and mustard colors, no less.

But back on topic, while Eevee is an important Pokemon, I just don't see it getting in over Jigglypuff.
There's the truth and there's lying, now isn't there? We ALL saw how GoldenYu not only BACKED DOWN from the challenge, but also INSULTED ME on his retreat. That, to me, is a morally deficiency that YOU should be calling out on, not me being honest.

CAN WE SERIOUSLY MOVE ON FROM THIS ****!?!?!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Would you say Avatar was more significant than Chrom?
By the end of the game, yes, it baffled me because, the Avatar was pretty much there to represent you, but they gave him too much of a personality/character development, that he was almost unrelatable, he was really not that open to interpretation. Chrom, however as I felt could've been perfect personality for the avatar. I'm not hating on either one of these characters, but I just think the story focused too much on the Avatar and not alot on Chrom, which I felt should of been reversed really to make Chrom actually more interesting. Fire Emblem 12 did a nice job at the avatar though, not too much overshadowing Marth, and open to interpretation.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
There's the truth and there's lying, now isn't there? We ALL saw how GoldenYu not only BACKED DOWN from the challenge, but also INSULTED ME on his retreat. That, to me, is a morally deficiency that YOU should be calling out on, not me being honest.

Calm your pantyhose will ya? That comment was a kindly implied request to change your sig because it's not felt true. Personally I have to agree myself it isn't true either, so...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

All I'm saying is that going by your rules (the winner is determined by number of likes), Golden won. His post got much more likes than your "victory" post. That's all I'm saying. I only brought it up because you started to talk down to Noah.

Anyway,
No cutting jigs she's original 12 she's iconic and has to many fans to cut at this point, eevee would be a forced addition (perfect for a pokeball), I think young link better represents the "younger" version of link in all games where he is a boy, he would use alot of different Zelda items.
I would argue that Toon Link is the better representation. He at least looks stylistically different. Plus, it's pretty much guaranteed that the youger version of Link would use Link's moveset, considering Sakurai says he views that as "a rule."

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

other than making more appearances, some of which being a lead or starting role, being consistently relevant to the series due to not only always being available but also having new evolutions added to him and did play a more reoccurring role in the anime than most of those pokemon you suggested (barring Meowth of course), and is simply just a well liked pokemon. i have no idea what would make Eevee so special :rolleyes:

know that i am just playing devils advocate. i like Eevee but i by no means really expect him to get in over the likes of Mewtwo or as a replacement of Jigglypuff.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
By the end of the game, yes, it baffled me because, the Avatar was pretty much there to represent you, but they gave him too much of a personality/character development, that he was almost unrelatable, he was really not that open to interpretation. Chrom, however as I felt could've been perfect personality for the avatar. I'm not hating on either one of these characters, but I just think the story focused too much on the Avatar and not alot on Chrom, which I felt should of been reversed really to make Chrom actually more interesting. Fire Emblem 12 did a nice job at the avatar though, not too much overshadowing Marth, and open to interpretation.
Well, when the avatar is the main villain and main hero, as well as cousin of Chrom, it's kinda difficult to put Chrom at a higher level. It's also difficult to ignore the avatar and lead it to interpretation both due to plot relevancy and character/parent relevancy.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982

Better than the Tactician from FE7. Then again, that one really served no purpose in the story.

TheDivineDeity

Calm your pantyhose will ya? That comment was a kindly implied request to change your sig because it's not felt true. Personally I have to agree myself it isn't true either, so...
Are you... calling me a lier? ...Watch yourself with this response... I don't take too kindly to false accusations..... I am no lier, and I will not stand to being called one...

Let's just DROP THE SUBJECT and MOVE ON..........

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
12 and 13's avatar suffered from opposite problems IMO, 12 was too removed from the plotline and really there was no reason for them to be there, on top of that their personality wasn't nearly as developed so they weren't interesting enough on their own. 13 had too much screentime and a defined personality to the point that it overtook the lords even. If they revisit the concept I'd hope they'd reach a medium because one extreme was not better then the other, at least not for me.

Absolutely. Both male and female are better developed than Chrom, although... the male is for whatever reason given more than the female...
hm...
I wouldn't say they're more developed but they definitely have more screentime then either of the Lords.

Better than the Tactician from FE7. Then again, that one really served no purpose in the story.
To be fair he/she was meant to be "just there," they had no importance and just served as the link in a sense between you and the main characters.

TheDivineDeity

All I'm saying is that going by your rules (the winner is determined by number of likes), Golden won. His post got much more likes than your "victory" post. That's all I'm saying. I only brought it up because you started to talk down to Noah.

Anyway,
I would argue that Toon Link is the better representation. He at least looks stylistically different. Plus, it's pretty much guaranteed that the youger version of Link would use Link's moveset, considering Sakurai says he views that as "a rule."
The contest NEVER EVEN BEGAN, as GoldenYu backed down before it even started. Therefore, the challenge was fofeit by himself, including HIS OWN ADMISSION THAT HE FORFEITED the competition. Therefor, BY HIS OWN WORDS, I am the winner of the challenge. :rolleyes:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, when the avatar is the main villain and main hero, as well as cousin of Chrom, it's kinda difficult to put Chrom at a higher level. It's also difficult to ignore the avatar and lead it to interpretation both due to plot relevancy and character/parent relevancy.
That's what I'm saying though, the Avatar had too much Character Development and completely overshadowed Chrom in the game as the main character. The Avatar of FE12 showed the perfect formula for a avatar, being able to to pick the unit, backstory, and etc. without it making the story revolve around him and not the main character.
Arcanir summed it up, pretty much.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
To be fair he/she was meant to be "just there," they had no importance and just served as the link in a sense between you and the main characters.

True, I just felt the need to bring him/her up since he/she is also a Tactician.

Are you... calling me a lier? ...Watch yourself with this response... I don't take too kindly to false accusations..... I am no lier, and I will not stand to being called one...

Dude, when the heck did she ever imply that you're a liar? You really need to calm down and just forget about that Yu person

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heeeere's Pokemon talk!

Anyway, Jiggs won't go. This is almost the same as back when a lot of people were sure ICE CLIMBERS would leave, or Mr.Game & Watch too.

Jigglypuff, being a 3-time veteran, I have a hard time believeing she'll leave.

Then Eevee vs Meowth. Since the anime/movies usually play the bigger role before the games, I can see Meowth being the top pic between the 2.
(And if anyone doubts this.... why wasn't PT playable from SSB64 on? Pikachu was only playable in Yellow, and had a tamagotchi-like game back then I think. Manga/anime popularity turned him into the icon he is. Then there's Jigglypuff... One of Red's Rivals main Pokemon in the Manga, and a loose gun/comic relief on the anime show for a good part of season 1, and a good part of Johto season, if memory serves me correctly).

Then there's the fact that Mewoth was a Pokeball item TWICE. Charizard was also a pokeball item twice before he became playable.

And finally, Meowth is famous for being the villain in the anime. He's not THE cruelest villain, but he's an appropiate Nintendo-y villain like Bowser who can sometimes, but rarely, set his differences aside.
So far there is no Pokemon villain slot taken, and Mewtwo apparently is a villain no longer... leaving Meowth to possibly fulfill that role.

*rant*

Then there's Snorlax. :)
Ah, Snorlax... I was surprised to see him among RED'S roster in Pokemon Gold/Silver. Caught me off guard and my god was he hard to deal with the first time..
He's been in all 3 SSBs as Pokeball item... I think he might be a Final Smash "character" for POkemon Trainer like Warioman is to Wario, or Giga Bowser is to Bowser.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

I'm sorry this just bugs me. The word you want is Liar. A Lier is someone who sits around waiting.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman

The subject can't be dropped lest all players drop it and move on. I felt your interpretation was inaccurate of the situation, not that you were lying, hence why I said it isn't true but by no means did I ever mention you lying. If someone tried to pick a fight with you and you chose that it wasn't worth your time and ignored it, how would you feel if the other person who "challenged" you claim they had beaten you, then preceded to rub it in your face and mark it with their account sig?
Mine is a joke
Yours is a wrongly interpreted event leading some to view it as an insult

Very childish of you, DivineDeity, that's all I can say...

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Anyway,
Could you link the source where he specifically says he wants young link to be a clone as a rule? I thought the only rule was he wanted to represent a younger version of link not a cloned Moveset.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

As if Eevee is remotely bad as No Ike, No EarthBound, Geno, Dark Trio, Angry Bird, or Impa.

Care to back up one of your statements for the first time in your life? Have you seen any anime episodes or games that promote JigglyPuff as much as Eevee? Because a lot of people speculate the possibiliyt of JigglyPuff being dropped. Well?

Except Eevee is more popular and promoted by Pokemon Company in anime and game than Blaziken, or Meowth, or......................DID YOU JUST SUGGEST DITTO AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!?!?!?!!?

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
As if Eevee is remotely bad as No Ike, No EarthBound, Geno, Dark Trio, Angry Bird, or Impa.

Care to back up one of your statements for the first time in your life? Have you seen any anime episodes or games that promote JigglyPuff as much as Eevee? Because a lot of people speculate the possibiliyt of JigglyPuff being dropped. Well?

People only remember Jigglypuff because of Smash & the Anime. Since she's no longer in the anime, if she was never in Smash, no one will remember her basically.

TheDivineDeity

Let's move on.....

Anyways, I feel there are WAY to many complications with Eevee being a playable character, evn if its just a theoretical question. Just imagine all the technical issues with its evolutions, which evolutions are you actually going to use, generation representation, transformation issues, balacning multiple characters among other characters on the roster (not to mention if PKMN TRAINER returns), and the fact that do you either A) force Eevee to evolve only once or B) discontinue the concept of Pokemon evolution just for Smash's sake?

These are concerns that MUST be addressed. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom