• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've never seen the appeal, and just got so mad at all of the incredibly flawed garbage spewed out all the time. I'm still not excited over Chrom not being exciting, disregarding the fact that he is unfortunately one of the most likely characters at the moment. Bleh, why not just reveal Dr. Mario while you're at it too? No offense to Golden.

Meh, I'll try to settle down.
I appreciate your attempt to settle down. Different strokes for different blokes, eh? To quote Golden, "We cool now, right?"

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
I main Lobo in Injustice, and love playing as Ghost Rider in UMvC3.

Mach Rider sounds like it would be right up my alley, now excuse me while I look further into it and change up my roster.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen the appeal, and just got so mad at all of the incredibly flawed garbage spewed out all the time. I'm still not excited over Chrom not being exciting, disregarding the fact that he is unfortunately one of the most likely characters at the moment. Bleh, why not just reveal Dr. Mario while you're at it too? No offense to Golden.

Meh, I'll try to settle down.
Well, for what it's worth, though I consider myself a Chrom supporter I agree with you. I must ask though:
Would you be more in favor of Chrom if his character was better developed in FE:A? I'm curious because I find his poor development an issue myself...

Reznor

work in progress
I main Lobo in Injustice, and love playing as Ghost Rider in UMvC3.

Mach Rider sounds like it would be right up my alley, now excuse me while I look further into it and change up my roster.
when I played Injustice I played GL,Flash and Sinestro (people crying about me spamming with Sinestro was such a good feeling and most of them were Deathstrokes)
is injustice holding up ok or are people leaving it to play other Fighting games

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also I'm pretty sure Mach Rider isn't bound to a bike like Excitebiker is (even though riding on a bike all the time would be really unique). Excitebiker's inability to jump was his problem with getting into Melee.

Though if that doesn't work and Sakurai only sees him as a bike riding character, then what other oldies are there? Duck Hunt is really the only one that comes to my mind, but I'm not very familiar with the NES library.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Well, for what it's worth, though I consider myself a Chrom supporter I agree with you. I must ask though:
Would you be more in favor of Chrom if his character was better developed in FE:A? I'm curious because I find his poor development an issue myself...
As someone who is against Chrom, one of my problems is his lack of development. I don't think I would necessarily support him, but I think I would be more open to the idea.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
when I played Injustice I played GL,Flash and Sinestro (people crying about me spamming with Sinestro was such a good feeling and most of them were Deathstrokes)
is injustice holding up ok or are people leaving it to play other Fighting games
It's doing pretty well actually. It was featured at EVO and the game is on its second round of DLC characters, with 3 more characters left to go.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
On another note, I do not like being ignored. Can I get at least one person's word on this?
Well the thing with Louie is that, despite being a plot point in Pikmin 3 he isn't much other than that in Pikmin 3. But I see your point here. Although, with Louie being considered the King of Bugs, I always imagined him to utilize mostly bugs and bulbmin over Pikmin. It would certainly make Louie much different from any other potential Pikmin characters.

Yes, yes I was. Not sure if I was posting much on Smashboards at the time, though.
In fact, I brought it up to AEM and we were both hyped.
Then it didn't happen, and he was absolutely crushed. He never lets me live it down.....

EDIT: Damn double post. Sorry.
Still mad at you for making me have hope for a rebooted franchise that I never even played before.
:<

CalumG

Smash Lord
Also I'm pretty sure Mach Rider isn't bound to a bike like Excitebiker is (even though riding on a bike all the time would be really unique). Excitebiker's inability to jump was his problem with getting into Melee.

Though if that doesn't work and Sakurai only sees him as a bike riding character, then what other oldies are there? Duck Hunt is really the only one that comes to my mind, but I'm not very familiar with the NES library.
For what it's worth, neither character would have to be on a bike all the time. The rules of hammerspace apply here, I guess, especially for a more cartoony character like Excitebiker - he can just pull the bike out of thin air and remove it from reality again as appropriate. I, for example, envision all of his B moves using a bike in some form, but his physical attacks being more akin to Falcon (someone who, again, had not been seen without their vehicle pre-Smash).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So does Olimar appearing over Alph relate to the possibility of Issac over Matthew? Or is that a different case because I think it is.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I don't think they can be compared because Olimar is a Brawl Veteran while Isaac is not.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
What are the other things you hold against him?
Other than development, in Awakening, he just feels very generic. Nothing about him really stands out, and one thing I've noticed is that a lot of his critical animations do seem very bland compared to other lords.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
What's the point of putting Alph in, He'll play exactly like Olimar but with Rock & Winged Pikmin instead of Purple & White. You might as well just give Olimar those two new Pikmin types.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Other than development, in Awakening, he just feels very generic. Nothing about him really stands out, and one thing I've noticed is that a lot of his critical animations do seem very bland compared to other lords.
Though his seriousness does give some humor to the game, his placement as a character seems more akward and misplaced to me when talking to the other characters.

Here's an interesting thought, if any of the other characters personalities in FE:A could switch with Chrom's, who's would you pick? I nominate Lon'qu (just because it'd be hilariously ironic)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Though his seriousness does give some humor to the game, his placement as a character seems more akward and misplaced to me when talking to the other characters.

Here's an interesting thought, if any of the other characters personalities in FE:A could switch with Chrom's, who's would you pick? I nominate Lon'qu (just because it'd be hilariously ironic)
Henry. It would make the game about 10x funnier.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982

Personally, I'd pick Gaius. A thief who's obsessed with sugar? Sign me up. :laugh:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
DivineDeity He posts the dumbest roster ever, that's pretty trollish, he then insults people for having good rosters because they don't remove the best people like he does, that's pretty trollish, and now........when people give in to his troll comments he reports them.

BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE TROLL!!!!!

Why does Young Link surpass Toon Link, Brawl contradicts that. Also what about Genesect and maybe Chrom. And Demise, Impa, & Tom Nook don't need to be in SSB.
I like young link more idk I feel he represents the young link demographic better, he would be decloned of course, gene sect is a flavor of the month Pokemon, until he is a dominate favorite in the series and across poke fans I probly won't add him, chrom is a flavor of the month fe character (although I bet he will be included due to the stage) if he earns his spot in multiple fe games or holds an important spot in fe history then id add him, until then he is just a popular random. Demise I believe to be important as he is the original source of the dark power, impa is a very consistent character in the universe her role is linked into the history repeating sort of thing and she could replace shiek well, and for Tom nook he is more iconic than villager is to the animal crossing series and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in ssb4, not including Ac also has 4 enties.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody have a problem if I replace JigglyPuff with Eevee. (Not saying Eevee will evolve or not)

It's just that Eevee is more deserving than JigglyPuff in both anime & game, I think it's a good idea.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I like young link more idk I feel he represents the young link demographic better, he would be decloned of course, gene sect is a flavor of the month Pokemon, until he is a dominate favorite in the series and across poke fans I probly won't add him, chrom is a flavor of the month fe character (although I bet he will be included due to the stage) if he earns his spot in multiple fe games or holds an important spot in fe history then id add him, until then he is just a popular random. Demise I believe to be important as he is the original source of the dark power, impa is a very consistent character in the universe her role is linked into the history repeating sort of thing and she could replace shiek well, and for Tom nook he is more iconic than villager is to the animal crossing series and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in ssb4, not including Ac also has 4 enties.
But, Toon Link IS Young Link. Just not the same one, difference is he's more different from Link and people like him better.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Henry. It would make the game about 10x funnier.
Henry: A dark mage who's so blatantly serious it's intimidating and walks in on the female avatar naked
Chrom: A corpse obsessive prince who likes to watch himself bleed and does anything anyone asks him to do.
Yes....
Just absolutely YESSS!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does anybody have a problem if I replace JigglyPuff with Eevee. (Not saying Eevee will evolve or not)

It's just that Eevee is more deserving than JigglyPuff in both anime & game, I think it's a good idea.
Personally, I do. And it's mainly that I feel Jigglypuff is sort iconic to Smash Bros.

I mean, her playstyle is completely unique not just to Smash, but to fighting games in general. No one fought like Jigglypuff except...Jigglypuff. I just feel it wouldn't be the same without her, you know?

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Not sure what you're trying to say about Eevee being more deserving in game, the only game I can think of Eevee being considered somewhat important is Pokemon XD and Pokemon Yellow, but Meowth would be much more deserving than Eevee if you derived his popularity from the anime alone.

In either case you should consider the backlash of dropping a three-time Smash veteran for someone who isn't even highly requested or as popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom