• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think Louie COULD happen because:

• He could have Red, Blue, Yellow, and Winged & Rock.
  • He can be a great clone. Pikmin Chain shoots straight upwards, he throws Pikmin higher but shorter, and he both whistles could be electric, with the exception of Louie whistling straight forward rather than all around. Also Winged Pikmin could carry people up into the air upon grabbing just like Kirby & Meta Knight.
  • He appears in the story mode of Pikmin 3.
But, it's still unlikely. I think it would make more sense to give all the pikmin to olimar. Also, contrary to Oppossum and Dark Pit supporters. I think it's really dumb to have someone as a re color and NOT have them be clones. What's even dumber is having a recolor as a separate character AT ALL.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I personally rather dislike the idea of Pikmin getting any more characters. I think Olimar will always successfully represent the series to the fullest extent that it needs to be, largely because it isn't "Olimar", he's "Pikmin & Olimar". Pikmin's got its character, and I think time invested in supporting another character would be wasted.

Yes, they could create another character with an entirely different moveset... but... why? At a distance, can anyone even tell Olimar and Louie apart? It's significantly worse than, say, including three blue haired sword using characters from the same franchise.
(in my humblest of opinions.)
At this point, I wouldn't have any hopes for another Pikmin character in SSB4's initial cast. I'm speaking in terms of either DLC or SSB5 altogether.

Olimar and Louie have different head-shapes and heights, I believe. I also believe that Olimar is more of the character than the Pikmin are, on part of how it's possible to play as Olimar without Pikmin, but not the other way around. The same could be said for Louie.

My other defense for Louie is that Mother, which shares just as many games as Pikmin, has two characters. Since Pikmin actually has Miyamoto's favorability, and since Ness and Lucas were originally very similar in both role and stat-build, I could definitely see the same ideas apply for Pikmin. It'd be the best way to show off the new Pikmin, as well.

D

Deleted member

Eh, we'll let it slide. I mean, Buddha is already used in satirical media in a similar vein as the others.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Is Louie the main villian again? I've never played a Pikmin game so if he wasn't in Pikmin 2, sorry.
He's never been a villain, per say.
He does play a briefly antagonistic role, though.

I wish Pikmin 3 wasn't released only a day ago so I don't feel obligated to hide spoilers out of respect for others who are playing it themselves. #FirstWorldProblems

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I can't really give you everything because my own studies of sociology are very different from APPsychology. If there's any specific topic you'd like to talk to me about it though, I'd be happy to share. Besides, it's kinda merciful if I do it that way, isn't it? After all, listing EVERYTHING I know about psychology and sociology would make my reply one huge essay floating here.
Wow. Okay, it makes a lot more sense. Thank you! :)

And yes, Buddhist. I like the idea of enlightenment and inner peace. But enough about religions and philosophies.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I understand the concept of someone killing themselves. :troll:
IIRC, it's called something like "suicide".
... and you have the stones to say that to someone who's been suicidal since the age of 4 (implying myself, not Divine)?
clap clap clap clap clap
Someone needs to bring an audience in here...

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Let's discuss... Mach Rider's chances? I feel like he was a popular choice a bit ago but he's kind of gotten forgotten recently.
Since Sakurai wants to revive a NES game with Smash 4 (or so that's how I interpreted the interview), I think Mach Rider is a frontrunner for such a game (depending on how you analyze Takamaru due to Samurai Warriors).

CalumG

Smash Lord
This isn't a competition of who's more suicidal than whom. Let it rest now.

And God Robert's Cousin, as someone who won't be playing Pikmin 3 for a long time, would it be too much trouble to ask for a very vague (not necessarily spoiler-free but not too indepth) spoiler-tagged description of Louie's role in the third game? Assuming you've played through enough to comment, of course.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Since Sakurai wants to revive a NES game with Smash 4 (or so that's how I interpreted the interview), I think Mach Rider is a frontrunner for such a game (depending on how you analyze Takamaru due to Samurai Warriors).
Very true. I think the Mach Rider could be implemented if Sakurai put his effort into it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
At this point, I wouldn't have any hopes for another Pikmin character in SSB4's initial cast. I'm speaking in terms of either DLC or SSB5 altogether.

Olimar and Louie have different head-shapes and heights, I believe. I also believe that Olimar is more of the character than the Pikmin are, on part of how it's possible to play as Olimar without Pikmin, but not the other way around. The same could be said for Louie.

My other defense for Louie is that Mother, which shares just as many games as Pikmin, has two characters. Since Pikmin actually has Miyamoto's favorability, and since Ness and Lucas were originally very similar in both role and stat-build, I could definitely see the same ideas apply for Pikmin. It'd be the best way to show off the new Pikmin, as well.

I think the headshape isn't super readable from a distance, especially since they're wearing helmets.

I think Louie (and the other Olimarians) would be lovely alternate costumes. Having the same moveset makes a fine amount of sense between all these characters, as I'm fairly sure in Pikmin itself there are no character differences.

I would say that Pikmin would warrant additional characters if it authentically had additional characters... but in the end, the focus is really on the Pikmin, not the intrepid astronauts. I'm kind of hoping that Olimar's new moveset incorporates the new Pikmin types, namely by giving him a more reliable new recovery special with the flying Pikmin.

CalumG

Smash Lord
What's up with all the Mach Rider love? Did he appear in a new game to get himself ahead of other NES characters?
It's not us who love Mach Rider - it's Sakurai who has stated in the past that he has a soft spot for Mach Rider. Whether that will contribute to his potential inclusion however, is another debate altogether.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
This isn't a competition of who's more suicidal than whom. Let it rest now.

And God Robert's Cousin, as someone who won't be playing Pikmin 3 for a long time, would it be too much trouble to ask for a very vague (not necessarily spoiler-free but not too indepth) spoiler-tagged description of Louie's role in the third game? Assuming you've played through enough to comment, of course.
Sorry about that.
He was Olimar's partner in Pikmin 2, but later got lost when Olimar left the planet. Olimar returned to look for Louie, who was found on top of the final boss, a giant four-legged spider using elemental devices. Many have theorized that Louie himself was controlling the Titan Dweevil, rather than being held hostage by it.

In Pikmin 3, he's found captured by a giant bee and its underlings, this time definitely not controlling his captor. He gets rescued, steals all the food on the Pikmin 3 crew's ship, and runs off to get captured again. The crew find and save him again, and he tells them where to find Olimar, whom they've been looking for for half the game.

That should do it.

D

Deleted member

... and you have the stones to say that to someone who's been suicidal since the age of 4 (implying myself, not Divine)?
clap clap clap clap clap
Someone needs to bring an audience in here...
Refer to a previous post of mine:
I will refrain from saying stuff like that in the future.
But as an fyi, I actually had a former relationship where it was an issue, so I understand it more than you might think.
Don't really want to go into it; the past is the past and it is rather irrelevant to the thread.
While I apologize that it offends you on a personal level, I really don't understand how someone as young as 4 can develop suicidal thoughts. The concept of death itself is usually censored within families at that age from my knowledge.
If you'd rather not talk about it here, shoot me up a PM. Or don't, if you don't want to talk about it at all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's not us who love Mach Rider - it's Sakurai who has stated in the past that he has a soft spot for Mach Rider. Whether that will contribute to his potential inclusion however, is another debate altogether.
Well, to be fair...a lot of us love Mach Rider, as well. :p

Plus, he has an awesome theme song.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Sorry about that.
He was Olimar's partner in Pikmin 2, but later got lost when Olimar left the planet. Olimar returned to look for Louie, who was found on top of the final boss, a giant four-legged spider using elemental devices. Many have theorized that Louie himself was controlling the Titan Dweevil, rather than being held hostage by it.

In Pikmin 3, he's found captured by a giant bee and its underlings, this time definitely not controlling his captor. He gets rescued, steals all the food on the Pikmin 3 crew's ship, and runs off to get captured again. The crew find and save him again, and he tells them where to find Olimar, whom they've been looking for for half the game.

That should do it.
Ah, so this time it's made clear that Louie isn't in control of the bugs? That's actually interesting news to me - I personally always bought into the theory that he was the one controlling the Titan Dweevil. The more you know, I guess. :p

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Mach Rider 2 could be something like a top-down rail shooter.

And if they remix his theme as well as they remixed Kid Icarus' themes... then insta buy.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
I was unaware this was richarddawkins.net, where atheists and agnostics can go around mocking religions as much as they please. I thought this was Smashboards, where we can discuss, like civilized and intelligent human beings, topics relating to the Smashverse. I guess I was wrong. :urg:

Reznor

work in progress
speaking of religion can you believe people still worship Arceus how dumb is that
there is science that proves Mew is the creator of all pokemon

+1 for Mewthiests
-1 for Arceusans

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
On DHD, as much as I like the character, I admit he's not likely. I haven't heard of a Duck Hunt re-release like ever.
And to make matters worse, the fact that Nintendo ignores the guy who ripped off Duck Hunt for his own profit, doesn't bode too well.
I just looked up this Duck Retro Hunt game.... why didn't Nintendo make a Duck Hunt sequel like this for the 3DS?! This is actually clever use of gyroscope controls and augmented reality camera. It could be a good eShop game and I would have gladly paid $10 or less for that!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ah, so this time it's made clear that Louie isn't in control of the bugs? That's actually interesting news to me - I personally always bought into the theory that he was the one controlling the Titan Dweevil. The more you know, I guess. :p
Either way, I'd love to see the Titan Dweevil as his final smash. It'd be pretty niche for your ultimate power move to be drawing in something more powerful than him and kidnapping him rather than having a strong finishing move himself.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Personally, if we were to get any kind of vehicle-based character, I'd take preference for an Excitebiker, just because there's five titles in the Excite series and it's unarguably more iconic. Plus, it could have an old school NES graphics Excitebike course as an accompanying stage, which would be hot.

How a bike-centric moveset would work however, is another thing entirely. Anybody got any moveset ideas for such a thing whilst also being distinct from Wario?

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Refer to a previous post of mine:

While I apologize that it offends you on a personal level, I really don't understand how someone as young as 4 can develop suicidal thoughts. The concept of death itself is usually censored within families at that age from my knowledge.
If you'd rather not talk about it here, shoot me up a PM. Or don't, if you don't want to talk about it at all.
My best friend died at 4 and nobody gave a **** and was suicidal until I was 13 and finally talked to someone online who really helped me, but for what it's worth I wrote that comment with a neutral aspect, not an offended one. I'm not ashamed ya' know. Past creates the future after all.
Anyway, I would also like to direct to a past comment of my own:
Sorry, my computer froze for a while and I had to re-post my comment. It was meant for the page prior to this and I didn't mean to go off topic.
Personally I'm fine about it. If you'd like to learn more I'm fine to share it PM, but of course on this forum would be inappropriate. I'll refrain from further statements like that in the future.

D

Deleted member

You can't tell me you guys wouldn't want to see a new game about this:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You can't tell me you guys wouldn't want to see a new game about this:
Were you there for the "Mach Rider:Unchained" rumor in 2011? Man, I wanted that to be real soooo badly. ):

D

Deleted member

My best friend died at 4 and nobody gave a **** and was suicidal until I was 13 and finally talked to someone online who really helped me, but for what it's worth I wrote that comment with a neutral aspect, not an offended one. I'm not ashamed ya' know. Past creates the future after all.
Anyway, I would also like to direct to a past comment of my own:

Personally I'm fine about it. If you'd like to learn more I'm fine to share it PM, but of course on this forum would be inappropriate. I'll refrain from further statements like that in the future.
Trust me when I say that everyone goes down that road at least once in their life. ......Even me.
So we cool, right?

Were you there for the "Mach Rider:Unchained" rumor in 2011? Man, I wanted that to be real soooo badly. ):
Yes, yes I was. Not sure if I was posting much on Smashboards at the time, though.
In fact, I brought it up to AEM and we were both hyped.
Then it didn't happen, and he was absolutely crushed. He never lets me live it down.....

EDIT: Damn double post. Sorry.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
GameFaqs is quite bad with a lot of things. I would definitely suggest staying away from there. Look, I know I can never persuade you to like Chrom, nor do I intend to do so. All I ask is that you just show the Chrom supporters here a bit of respect. After all, we aren't GameFaqs. But yeah, take that as you will.
I've never seen the appeal, and just got so mad at all of the incredibly flawed garbage spewed out all the time. I'm still not excited over Chrom not being exciting, disregarding the fact that he is unfortunately one of the most likely characters at the moment. Bleh, why not just reveal Dr. Mario while you're at it too? No offense to Golden.

Meh, I'll try to settle down.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I was unaware this was richarddawkins.net, where atheists and agnostics can go around mocking religions as much as they please. I thought this was Smashboards, where we can discuss, like civilized and intelligent human beings, topics relating to the Smashverse. I guess I was wrong. :urg:
It is, and both religion and lack of are both influential aspects of the gaming universe.
Ace Combat 4 was a reference to religion (more specifically Christianity if I'm not mistaken)
Silent Hill was a reference to the evils and stupidity of organized religion (also in reference to Christianity)

Now please leave this political issue alone. It's best be served either ignored or hinted between the lines, but not as if this is the sole topic on this forum. We're on Mach Rider right now and would appreciate if everyone either spoke of it through intellectual debate or had another game interested in advocating for.

Trust me when I say that everyone goes down that road at least once in their life. ......Even me.
So we cool, right?
Of course :)
My apologies if I made you feel as though it was otherwise. I suppose my reply could've been written in better taste.
Hahaha, thinking about it, I'm wondering why I wasn't the one asking you that first XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom