• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sure, whatever stops you from killing yourself.

If thinking you "beat" me just because I don't want to participate in some pointless endeavor makes you feel special, all power to you.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Thank you for the compliment, sir, but really none is needed. I just speak and behave out of my own experiences is all, and getting aboard the "rage train" didn't exactly help. Seeing Divine do and speak as has been seen by everyone else on this forum... I can relate.

As unbelievable as this might sound... I used to act just like Divine does now.
You're right. And I can believe you being someone lime that. Everyone has had a time like that. But, you're right. Getting on the rage train is pretty dumb. It only makes your argument look worse. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Quick question: you're in sociology and stuff like that, right? If I may, can tou please explain it to me? I know the broad definition of it, but I'm taking it and PPsychology for my next year and I'd like to know specifics.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
:laugh: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLQLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :laugh:

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I knew you would back out from this challenge! I knew it! The 'greatest' 'intellectual' 'debater' of the forums REFUSES a challenge by a 'self-imposed rival'.... Looks like your pride wasn't will worth defending after all, if you weren't really bothered even defending your arguments or your beliefs when they are challenged..... I will chalk this up as a win for me, if that's all right... I WIN! I WIN!!! :laugh: I have FINALLY defeated GoldenYu in something! Thank you all ladies and gentlemen..... I will take a break and come back later, so that we can actually discuss IMPORTANT matters... I call a discussion on Lucario vs Genesect again! :shades:
Winner by forfeit... that's hardly a victory. that's like beating Metapod who's defense won't go any higher.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Praise be to DivineDeity,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done.

I for one accept our new DivineDeity overlord. gg well played

D

Deleted member

Yes.

A thing happened, and then things happened, and probably my fault or something apparently. I don't know, **** sucking isn't my forte.
Ah.
I'm guessing a newer guy wasn't used to your infamous sour disposition and made a fuss about you?

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Praise be to DivineDeity,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done.

I for one accept our new DivineDeity overlord. gg well played
There is one thing I will say before taking my leave...
***DO NO INSULT MY RELIGION***
I don't care if you don't like me, or if anybody else does for that matter. Call me whatever names you've got, I'll take it. But leave my personal religious beliefs out of this. There are other Christians on this site too, so at the very least show some respect to them. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

Please don't say what you don't understand lest we blatantly ignore the power of word and manipulation.
I'm pretty sure I understand the concept of someone killing themselves. :troll:
IIRC, it's called something like "suicide".

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Please don't say what you don't understand lest we blatantly ignore the power of word and manipulation.
I agree. And coming from me may sound hypocritical, and I accept that, but don't go there, Golden. I used to joke and dismiss people like that until something happened to a friend of one of my best friends. It really changed her. Please don't say that on the thread.

D

Deleted member

Not going to lie here, that Scoliosis and Opossum were ragging on me for having a dislike for Chrom. People were so maaaaaaad.
Hmmm.
I should probably go back to see this.
Though later; not really much to be done about what happened.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not going to lie here, that Scoliosis and Opossum were ragging on me for having a dislike for Chrom. People were so maaaaaaad.
I did not rag on you for disliking Chrom. I ragged on you for making other feel bad for liking Chrom. There's a huge difference there.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
I don't care if you don't like me, or if anybody else does for that matter. Call me whatever names you've got, I'll take it. But leave my personal religious beliefs out of this. There are other Christians on this site too, so at the very least show some respect to them. :ohwell:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
WHY DOES HE THINK THERE NEEDS TO BE A CHALLENGE!? NOT ONE SINGLE SOLITARY PERSON HAS EVER SIDED WITH HIM! WHY DOES HE COMPARE HIMSELF TO GOLDENYU WHEN NOBODY AGREES WITH HIM!? WHY DOES HE THINK HE WON WHEN NOBODY GAVE HIM LIKES AND VOTED GOLDEN AS THE WINNER!

Dude, nobody cares about your religious or non religious beliefs. You on the other hand are making a big deal out of what you believe and think that you're better because you're religious. That's what we are making fun of. How old are you btw?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah let's stop with the religious topic. no one cares who or what we each pray to, it's none of our business, and it's completely irrelevant to the site.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Didn't insult your religion, friend. That being said, I do hope you'll accept my religion with just as open arms as I do yours.

D

Deleted member

I agree. And coming from me may sound hypocritical, and I accept that, but don't go there, Golden. I used to joke and dismiss people like that until something happened to a friend of one of my best friends. It really changed her. Pl don't say that onthread.
I will refrain from saying stuff like that in the future.
But as an fyi, I actually had a former relationship where it was an issue, so I understand it more than you might think.
Don't really want to go into it; the past is the past and it is rather irrelevant to the thread.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
There are no suicide victims or murderers here.
There are no Christians or Atheists here.
There are no English literates, Freudian scholars, or "Champions of Debate" here.
The only thing here in this thread is nothing but fools. The only thing that makes us different from one another is how some of us are not fools as much as others.

Can we move on now?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Can someone tell GoldenYu to unignore me for being stupid in the past? He's clearly legitimate and clearly people seem to like me better now. Should let by gones be by gones, Golden is cool guy.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Good lord, this thread is moving too fast for me to keep up. I love TheDivineDeity.
I'm wouldn't be surprised if feels the same way towards you as most of everyone else here. And I don't know about him, but I don't want respect from you right now.

Aside from him, Divine, people are TRYING to help you.

You've done things that have gotten you into this arguments, not bullying. You are refusing to admit your own flaws and mistakes. You've either used no logic or say they're making false accusations without further explaining how it is a false accusation. At least, that's what I think. You said you made a roster a long time ago, when it was made 5 days ago. It would be long if you were a fruit fly.

And people are treating you this way because of your behavior, you've bashed people for reasons not relating to Smash in the past, you've given them no reasons to show you respect. You brought this upon yourself, and some people are trying to help you fix it, but you refuse to cooporate.

With that, I'm done with you. From what I've seen you hardly ever know what you are talking about, and you've declared yourself Golden's rival because of one argument and due to apparently making similar posts and behaving similar to one and other in the past.

I'm done with you. Nothing can be done to help you. If you are really this hated, (which you are) it's obviously for a reason, and you aren't doing anything to change that.
So, DivineDeity? Would you like me to dumb myself down for you? Would you like me to respond to your abusive and corrosive comments in a simple two-word response so someone like you can undertsand? Fine then:

****. You. You hear me? Go **** yourself.

I'm sorry, but the last 3 pages, I've held my tongue, I've even tried to break up arguments. But you know what? I'm done. You're vile, ignorant, homophobic, intolerant, and obsessive. In other words, maybe if you can understand it better, you are a ****. The word I used should be censored like that. I have NEVER called anyone something like that, but you pushed me over the edge. I'm done.

If I may suggest, ignoring him will be much better. Not physically ignoring him, just don't give two ****s about anything he says.
My, how intolerant of you. :wario:

So here's a quick hypothetical. Pikmin 3 spoilers, beware:
Louie appears to be the second most important character in the series so far, playing a big role of Pikmin 3 as well as being the entire catalyst of Pikmin 2. That said, he appears to be a series character at this point rather than just a one-off. Does Louie seem like a possible character, in a future Smash Bros. if not this one? I'm debating whether I should create a support thread for him or not. With the idea of him using Bulbmin, Rock Pikmin, and Winged Pikmin, does Louie sound like a decent addition, at least over Alph?
I'd like Louie as a newcomer, as unlikely as it is. I see him as the Luigi to Olimar's Mario, and thus being a character like Wolf, sharing a special move or two, but generally having unique moves from Olimar.

Go ahead, make a thread for him.
I have some ideas for a moveset if you want to see them.

He has a three hit standard A combo ending with the Brute Knuckles from Pikmin 2, being carried by a Bumbling Snitchbug as his up B, burping out Ultra-Bitter Spray for his side B, and using either the Raging Long Legs or the Titan Dweevil as his Final Smash.

One of his taunts is damaging, much like Luigi's taunt kick. He lies down using the napsack. If he has at least 2 Pikmin with him, they'll pick him up and toss his forward slightly, hitting anyone in the way.

His main B is Pikmin Pluck, but it works somewhat differently than Olimar's Version; same goes for his Down B, Pikmin Order. He uses Pikmin for some of his A attacks, but doesn't rely on them nearly as much as Olimar.

I'll go into more detail if that's what you wish.

----

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I will refrain from saying stuff like that in the future.
But as an fyi, I actually had a former relationship where it was an issue, so I understand it more than you might think.
Don't really want to go into it; the past is the past and it is rather irrelevant to the thread.
Oh. I'm really sorry to hear that. But we can refrain from the discussion. And everyone enough with jokig aabout religions! I'm the least devout person on this thread, but it'd get on my nerves if someone was making a mockery of it.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'd like Louie as a newcomer, as unlikely as it is. I see him as the Luigi to Olimar's Mario, and thus being a character like Wolf, sharing a special move or two, but generally having unique moves from Olimar.

I have some ideas for a moveset if you want to see them.
Do tell. I tried to create a moveset for him once myself, but I found it hard creating an Up Special and Down Special that wasn't just like Olimar's.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Divine's satisfied. Now let's stop before he gets upset again.

On another note, I do not like being ignored. Can I get at least one person's word on this?

I personally rather dislike the idea of Pikmin getting any more characters. I think Olimar will always successfully represent the series to the fullest extent that it needs to be, largely because it isn't "Olimar", he's "Pikmin & Olimar". Pikmin's got its character, and I think time invested in supporting another character would be wasted.

Yes, they could create another character with an entirely different moveset... but... why? At a distance, can anyone even tell Olimar and Louie apart? It's significantly worse than, say, including three blue haired sword using characters from the same franchise.
(in my humblest of opinions.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I did not rag on you for disliking Chrom. I ragged on you for making other feel bad for liking Chrom. There's a huge difference there.
I would be lying if I said no.

...Maybe I should stay away from GameFAQs, that place just builds up my rage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do tell. I tried to create a moveset for him once myself, but I found it hard creating an Up Special and Down Special that wasn't just like Olimar's.
One idea for a Down Special could be Louie using the Sprays. As for an Up Special, perhaps one of the Geysers in Pikmin 1? Not sure if those carried over to Pikmin 2 or 3, however.

I would be lying if I said no.

...Maybe I should stay away from GameFAQs, that place just builds up my rage.

GameFaqs is quite bad with a lot of things. I would definitely suggest staying away from there. Look, I know I can never persuade you to like Chrom, nor do I intend to do so. All I ask is that you just show the Chrom supporters here a bit of respect. After all, we aren't GameFaqs. But yeah, take that as you will.

D

Deleted member

How about, instead of making a big deal over mocking religions, we just mock ALL religions equally (including Atheism, even if it's not really a "religion").
It's only fair. :troll:

So Jesus, Vishnu, Buddha, Ra, Odin, Zeus, Arceus, etc. walk into a bar.....

CalumG

Smash Lord
I could get on-board with Louie as a second rep for Pikmin - assuming there even is a second rep for Pikmin, that is. I haven't played Pikmin 3 yet but the fact that he apparently shows up in it gives me hope for him being a re-occurring character (assuming Pikmin doesn't get dropped by Nintendo for another decade or so like it did previously). That, coupled with his major plot role in Pikmin 2 (arguably moreso than Olimar himself when it comes down to it) and him quite literally being the Luigi to Olimar's Mario means that if anybody from Pikmin gets in, it should be him. Including one of the new guys would be recency for the sake of recency, like including Rosalina just because of Galaxy, or including Ghirahim just because of Skyward Sword. Louie has recency and a legacy with the series - which, to me at least, counts more than anything.

Personally I don't think Pikmin is getting a new rep though, but I'd rather it be someone who's been about for a while - we don't even know yet whether or not the new trio are one-offs.

No Shrek...? ):

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Good lord, this thread is moving too fast for me to keep up. I love TheDivineDeity.

My, how intolerant of you. :wario:

----
Okay, you know what? I'm going to start all over. Take deep breaths, think before I type, and so on. I just needed to calm down and let that out. Now that that is over, I like the idea of Louie, he would be an interesting character. But I think Olimar is enough.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
How about, instead of making a big deal over mocking religions, we just mock ALL religions equally (including Atheism, even if it's not really a "religion").
It's only fair. :troll:

Good idea. But I view Buddhism as a philosophy, not a religion. But that's why I follow it.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
You're right. And I can believe you being someone lime that. Everyone has had a time like that. But, you're right. Getting on the rage train is pretty dumb. It only makes your argument look worse. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Quick question: you're in sociology and stuff like that, right? If I may, can tou please explain it to me? I know the broad definition of it, but I'm taking it and PPsychology for my next year and I'd like to know specifics.
Well, Psychology is how the mind itself works. Literally anything with a brain can be conceived as a different class of psychology, if your willing to study it specifically. My own human psychology teacher didn't educate the class much on human psyches, but more on brain sections and functions (like temporal, cranial, occipital, stuff like that). My sociology teacher however was much better at teaching the class human psyches because he built his lessons around the class discussing topics from things to race and homophobia to starwars and manga, and commonly through discussions he at times would make us defend viewpoints we didn't agree with like historical gender bias back when the US was founded and "Don't Ask Don't Tell" law. I learned that through calm discussion you can learn more about people and their opinions than just aggressive debate. I suppose TWEWY and Ricehaters also had a hand in this and it'd be wrong of me to ignore them, but for method of discussion and preferred neutralism, as well as sociological passion came from the class.
I can't really give you everything because my own studies of sociology are very different from APPsychology. If there's any specific topic you'd like to talk to me about it though, I'd be happy to share. Besides, it's kinda merciful if I do it that way, isn't it? After all, listing EVERYTHING I know about psychology and sociology would make my reply one huge essay floating here.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Didn't insult your religion, friend. That being said, I do hope you'll accept my religion with just as open arms as I do yours.

Well, Calum, I'm willing to say that at this point you're being a ****. :p But, hey, whatever, internet.

DD, you can't expect people to respect you when you don't respect others. I think that's the simplest way to put it.

Besides, just a bit ago weren't you slamming athiests? I'm not exactly sure what makes you think that others' beliefs are fair game while yours is sacred.

And, uhm, don't go callin' yourself GoldenYu's rival. Half the people in this thread have had bigger rivalries with him than you. :p He's practically this forum's official Rival in Residency.

Heh. Anyway.
Back to Smash topics.

Let's discuss... Mach Rider's chances? I feel like he was a popular choice a bit ago but he's kind of gotten forgotten recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom