• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor

work in progress
wait I thought every one loved Habanero why are people turning on him

*walks in trying to avoid the Internet fight going on*
OMG yes, I would main Hector in a heartbeat if he made it in.
I haven't even played the game with Hector but an Axe guy would be awesome (or a Lance)

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, man, WHAT is your PROBLEM with me? Seriously? What is your problem with me? Every time I say something or anything, your on my *** and start either insulting me or making fun of me or something along those lines. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, dude, let's just get this over with and be done with it. What is your problem?
Have you ever heard the saying: "Don't feed the trolls"? Same applied. If he's trolling, just ignore it altogether. There's more than one person to talk to on this thread anyway.

CalumG

Smash Lord
This probably got lost amongst the sea of people drowning in their own butthurt, so I'll just re-post it:

If it were my business, I'd include a generic Fire Emblem Tactician/Avatar type character (possibly based on the white-haired "standard" avatar from Awakening?) that could summon little chibi-fied 'units' to do his/her bidding, like some kind of mix between Olimar's playstyle and the Advance Wars Assist Trophy.

But alas, with Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Pokemon Trainer (since he allegedly represents more than just Red) and Villager already present, people would complain too much about it not being an 'actual' character since the Avatar doesn't really have a firmly established look or personality.
That's pretty much my opinion on who should get the spot of Fire Emblem rep. Haters be damned, this seems like just the type of left-field thing Sakurai would do, and the type of gameplay idea that would yield both a lot of moaning from the Smash fanbase and a potentially interesting gameplay mechanic at the same time. Everybody loses because it's not a specific Fire Emblem character, and yet everybody wins because it's a non-blue-haired FE rep with a unique gameplay mechanic. Problem? :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm scared to enter this thread anymore.

Why can't we just be nice about this?

Reznor

work in progress
I don't know, but this thread is getting on my nerves. Look, quit with the arguments everyone! Please, for the sake of most of our sanity!
no we must continue the drama fills me :demon:
honestly it's fun when you all argue like this ....... this makes me a bad person doesn't it :awesome:

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
This probably got lost amongst the sea of people drowning in their own butthurt, so I'll just re-post it:

That's pretty much my opinion on who should get the spot of Fire Emblem rep. Haters be damned, this seems like just the type of left-field thing Sakurai would do, and the type of gameplay idea that would yield both a lot of moaning from the Smash fanbase and a potentially interesting gameplay mechanic at the same time. Everybody loses because it's not a specific Fire Emblem character, and yet everybody wins because it's a non-blue-haired FE rep with a unique gameplay mechanic. Problem? :troll:
How about **** the Avatar and **** Chrom, and just have Marth, Roy and Ike, or at least Marth and Ike in Smash, and forego any Fire Emblem newcomers altogether. I don't give a damn of Fire Emblem getting more representation, and neither does the Smashverse by the looks of it (only Fire Emblem butt-hurt maniacs do, and its a small niche community to begin with). We could EASILY solve this dilemma with just Marth, Ike, and a decloned returning Roy. End of story, moving on to next topic.

Reznor

work in progress
How about **** the Avatar and **** Chrom, and just have Marth, Roy and Ike, or at least Marth and Ike in Smash, and forego any Fire Emblem newcomers altogether. I don't give a damn of Fire Emblem getting more representation, and neither does the Smashverse by the looks of it (only Fire Emblem butt-hurt maniacs do, and its a small niche community to begin with). We could EASILY solve this dilemma with just Marth, Ike, and a decloned returning Roy. End of story, moving on to next topic.
why would we want a clone to return instead of a popular new character
don't say they will declone Roy because they might decide to keep him the way he was in melee

TheDivineDeity

I want Lyn because she was the wests first main hero for fire emblem, and she's super cool. :sadeyes:
Her chance came and went with Brawl. And **** Lyn, I'd rather have other badass eastern-cultured samurais like Takamaru or Samurai Goroh in the game, or at least bring Lloyd Irving or Grey Fox (not samurais, though), some other similar characters with similar characteristics.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
uh...um been watching that movie so wtf happened here?
Habanero got angry and ranted on to some Chrom supporters, acting like a know it all. And Divine was just being his usual self.

Thus starting two seperate arguments. I suggest you abandon the thread while you still can.

TheDivineDeity

why would we want a clone to return instead of a popular new character
don't say they will declone Roy because they might decide to keep him the way he was in melee
Popular ONLY in a small niche community of cult fanatics. The Smashverse and Sakurai, on the other hand, see things differently, where the popularity of characters are different in that series than all the other sub-series within the game. Hence, character like Chrom, Ghirahim, and Ashley may be popular within their universes, but not necessarily in the Smashverse. :glare:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Her chance came and went with Brawl. And **** Lyn, I'd rather have other badass eastern-cultured samurais like Takamaru or Samurai Goroh in the game, or at least bring Lloyd Irving or Grey Fox (not samurais, though), some other similar characters with similar characteristics.
Lyn doesn't have the best chance anymore but she still an important representative to include.

CalumG

Smash Lord
That doesn't really "solve" anything though. Some of us want a Fire Emblem newcomer, and some of us want a more varied and accurate representation of the Fire Emblem series (as opposed to feminine-looking sword users; the Fire Emblem franchise has so much more to offer than that and it'd be a darn shame to let it go to waste).

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Its stuff like that. **** Lyn? Its a difference when you're enlightening someone and their choices rather than completely insulting the. For example, I don't agree with Hotfeet's roster. Instead of saying "**** this roster, its never gonna happen", I give my opinion on it, rate it, and move on. Okay? That's what you have to do.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Noah....what are you doing? lol My defense for Tom Nook was "It could happen." Far from an excuse, and 100% true.
See Swampasaur's post please., on the similarity of mewtwo and lucario.
The shadow effect and aura effect are about as similar as the aura effect and the fire effect. Basically what I'm saying is, that doesn't matter.
Who agrees with any of your Genesect badgering?

@DivineDeity...lets not get our personal views involved here. Just say "I don liek u cuz ur bein mean" if you must.
lol, I can refer you to several people who agree with Genesect. I would have taken a minute to think before you said that. I may have overestimated him IN THE BEGINNING. But, you underestimate him. He's the most likely newcomer aside from Eevee and Zoroark is just a failed attempt at topping Lucario. We don't need a 3rd Shadow Ball Pokemon. Give other types a chance. Are you suggesting there is a better newcomer Pokemon other than Genesect? besides eevee? (P.S. Mewtwo is not a a newcomer, he's an updated veteran)

Also I hope you guys aren't assuming I think Lucario is the same thing as Mewtwo because he's not. And you still didn't explain the difference between teh Aura effect and the Shadow effect, you only compared it to the fire effect.

Still. Far from a personality trait.

EDIT:

Actually...

They don't sound similar at all.

Also enjoy the full movies while you're at it. :awesome:
Actually I saw Mystery of Mew a couple days ago, first time I watched Pokemon in a while. It was actually pretty boring if not for the fact that Lucario was in it. And thos Reggies were actually pretty scary.

But, my point wasn't there voice, it's the WAY they talk. I don't know would you rather I replace JigglyPuff? Because my opinion on having a newcomer Pokemon will not be swayed.

TheDivineDeity

Its stuff like that. **** Lyn? Its a difference when you're enlightening someone and their choices rather than completely insulting the. For example, I don't agree with Hotfeet's roster. Instead of saying "**** this roster, its never gonna happen", I give my opinion on it, rate it, and move on. Okay? That's what you have to do.
I didn't insult the person, but rather constructively criticized the unlikely choices that person presented to me.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I didn't insult the person, but rather constructively criticized the unlikely choices that person presented to me.
I never said you insulted the person, I said you insult their choices.

And constructive criticism. Does adding the word "***** before Lyn sound like constructive criticism to you? It doesn't to me. You could have said: I'd rather not have Lyn. There are better options, and she seems a bit stale.

Reznor

work in progress
Popular ONLY in a small niche community of cult fanatics. The Smashverse and Sakurai, on the other hand, see things differently, where the popularity of characters are different in that series than all the other sub-series within the game. Hence, character like Chrom, Ghirahim, and Ashley may be popular within their universes, but not necessarily in the Smashverse. :glare:
Roy is only popular in the smashverse because he was already in smash if Chrom got in he would probably become just as popular
Chrom is one of the most popular FE characters over all right now mostly because the new FE game is a lot of peoples first FE game
and how is Chrom only popular to a niche community of cult fanatics every time I talk to a fan of FE offline they always say they want chrom

TheDivineDeity

lol, I can refer you to several people who agree with Genesect. I would have taken a minute to think before you said that. I may have overestimated him IN THE BEGINNING. But, you underestimate him. He's the most likely newcomer aside from Eevee and Zoroark is just a failed attempt at topping Lucario. We don't need a 3rd Shadow Ball Pokemon. Give other types a chance. Are you suggesting there is a better newcomer Pokemon other than Genesect? besides eevee? (P.S. Mewtwo is not a a newcomer, he's an updated veteran)
Seriously, can you change the coloring of your words? Dark blue makes it difficult to read on a black background. I have to actually highlight the words to read them clearly.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Saying "**** Lyn" is not constructive. It's destructive.

You're making people respect you less!

I beg you! Stop now before it's too late!
Actually I saw Mystery of Mew a couple days ago, first time I watched Pokemon in a while. It was actually pretty boring if not for the fact that Lucario was in it. And thos Reggies were actually pretty scary.

But, my point wasn't there voice, it's the WAY they talk. I don't know would you rather I replace JigglyPuff? Because my opinion on having a newcomer Pokemon will not be swayed.
Dem Reggis. I love them so much.

Their dialogue isn't that similar either. Just saying.

TheDivineDeity

Roy is only popular in the smashverse because he was already in smash if Chrom got in he would probably become just as popular
Chrom is one of the most popular FE characters over all right now mostly because the new FE game is a lot of peoples first FE game
and how is Chrom only popular to a niche community of cult fanatics every time I talk to a fan of FE offline they always say they want chrom
What's popular in Fire Emblem isn't necessarily popular in the Smashverse. I hope you understand that. :ohwell:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What's popular in Fire Emblem isn't necessarily popular in the Smashverse. I hope you understand that. :ohwell:
He's saying that Roy is popular in the smashverse because he appeared in smash and that if Chrom appeared, he would be popular too.

Reznor

work in progress
I hope you understand Roy is only popular in Smash because he was already a character in smash :ohwell:
also being popular in FE does matter its part of the reason Ike got in (some one suggesting Ike because he was popular)

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Here's a secret, any character that makes it into smash their popularity immediately grows Alot.

TheDivineDeity

He's saying that Roy is popular in the smashverse because he appeared in smash and that if Chrom appeared, he would be popular too.
The Smashverse would rather see a returning Roy than a newcomer Chrom, considering if Mewtwo is going to return, so should Roy, because they're the popular Melee veterans. (Dr. Mario, Young Link, and ESPECIALLY Pichu don't count, because they don't have the same level of popularity as Mewtwo and Roy.)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stop acting like you're better than everybody else, dude. Seriously.
Follow your own advice.

Stop criticizing people. He made a joke for crying out loud!

The Smashverse would rather see a returning Roy than a newcomer Chrom, considering if Mewtwo is going to return, so should Roy, because they're the popular Melee veterans. (Dr. Mario, Young Link, and ESPECIALLY Pichu don't count, because they don't have the same level of popularity as Mewtwo and Roy.)
I never said otherwise. I was just explaining his logic.

CalumG

Smash Lord
And Sakurai would do well to ignore what's "popular in the Smashverse". If he went with what was "popular in the Smashverse", we could end up with Lloyd Irving over Pac-Man, or Geno over Toad, or Ghirahim over <insert important re-occurring Zelda character here>. Some characters are popular within the insular nature of the Smash community, but the smart-thinking developer would go for a character with wider appeal or better gameplay potential rather than that which is "popular in the Smashverse".

EDIT: Just examples of course - don't hate on me, Geno/Lloyd/Ghirahim fans. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom