• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalumG

Smash Lord
This isn't English class in a border school, this is the Internet. Take your Grammar Naziness elsewhere. By the way, congratulations on your ten or more likes I gave you. Considering these people here will do anything to put me in a negative light and everybody else in a positive light... :ohwell:
You corrected him on his grammar, and now you're calling him a Grammar Nazi? Come on bro. Give up the game. Who's alt account are you? :troll:

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I think the one I wasn interested in was the original... I THINK, whichever one has Kite and Black Rose (cause all I know of >Hack is Project X Zone and a book I read that was based off of a .Hack videogame (but wasn't a manga, was an actual book), but I can't remember which set it was based off of lol.
Kite and BlackRose from Project X Zone are from the original .hack (hence why the Skeith looked the way it did and not being Haseo from G.U) However, because the original was so long they broke it into 4 games (infection being the first)
I also have looked into the anime and it's alright. Better than the lazy manga where there's 2 new people who get Kite and BlackRose's avatars and play around in The World helping Aura's "daughter" meet Aura again.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why is that hilarious?
Because nobody actually likes Chrom. Are you simply just going to ignore all of these pessimistic comments because it doesn't suit your fancy?

I like Chrom too.
Fallacy words to disguise that you only like Chrom because of being the newest toy, and once that time has passed you're going to go latch onto the next hot thing. I know how fans like you work out, so don't try to bull**** your way out of this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Inb4 Chrom gets another game and Habanero has to eat his words. :troll:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
This is more constructive criticism then anything else, but can you please change your front from dark blue to something else? It's very difficult to read anything because the words camouflage with the background.
Holy crap, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble reading that. Blue is one of my favorite colors and all, but.

Still. Far from a personality trait.

EDIT:

Actually...

They don't sound similar at all.

Also enjoy the full movies while you're at it. :awesome:
Let's bet on how long it takes before he's banned. Best quality I've seen on YouTube, though.

---

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Noah....what are you doing? lol My defense for Tom Nook was "It could happen." Far from an excuse, and 100% true.
See Swampasaur's post please., on the similarity of mewtwo and lucario.
The shadow effect and aura effect are about as similar as the aura effect and the fire effect. Basically what I'm saying is, that doesn't matter.
Who agrees with any of your Genesect badgering?
Actually, I do. :ohwell:

Considering Genesect is more relevant than Lucario with a movie coming out starring himself and Mewtwo, has more of a potential moveset regarding unique factors (such as robotic technical machine moves), has a different weight class and a different typing, has the privilege of being a special type of character (a robot organism machine), has powerful laser cannons and other machine type weaponry, has many similarities with Mewtwo and even moreso than Lucario does but at the same time is also very different, unique coloring and design, and would sponsor Generation 5 whereas Mewtwo would sponsor Generation 6, it seems very obvious... Genesect and Mewtwo for the Smashverse. :)

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Because nobody actually likes Chrom. Are you simply just going to ignore all of these pessimistic comments because it doesn't suit your fancy?

Fallacy words to disguise that you only like Chrom because of being the newest toy, and once that time has passed you're going to go latch onto the next hot thing. I know how fans like you work out, so don't try to bull**** your way out of this.
I like Chrom in FE:A because he's so serious that I find it hilarious. I would honestly prefer Lucina in over Chrom though, but even then with her mask on, plus her outfit people would be mistaking her for fem Marth, hence Chrom support.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

You have got to be one of the most arrogant users on this site. You think you know everything, but you're completely wrong.

But go ahead and think you know how people are. Of course, you're just going to reply to this and say i'm wrong in a rude matter of saying things, because that's basically all you do anyway. You do nothing but insult people, probably to make yourself feel better. That's pretty sad Habanero. I really don't have any sort of problem with you, but your constant disrespect to me is really leaving me with no patience.

Take your childish bull**** somewhere else.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Look, Swamp is completely right. You tried to "correct" someone, and you were wrong. It's a hypocrisy if you call someone out for correcting what you "corrected." Now you're just being an ***.
While I technically agree, can we please get on topic? It's important to use correct grammar, okay? Build bridges, not walls. I saw this a while back, but does anyone have any idea when the next Direct is?

TheCreator

Smash Lord

Considering Genesect is more relevant than Lucario with a movie coming out starring himself and Mewtwo, has more of a potential moveset regarding unique factors (such as robotic technical machine moves), has a different weight class and a different typing, has the privilege of being a special type of character (a robot organism machine), has powerful laser cannons and other machine type weaponry, has many similarities with Mewtwo and even moreso than Lucario does but at the same time is also very different, unique coloring and design, and would sponsor Generation 5 whereas Mewtwo would sponsor Generation 6, it seems very obvious... Genesect and Mewtwo for the Smashverse. :)
I knew SOMEBODY did. lol

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You have got to be one of the most arrogant users on this site. You think you know everything, but you're completely wrong.

But go ahead and think you know how people are. Of course, you're just going to reply to this and say i'm wrong in a rude matter of saying things, because that's basically all you do anyway. You do nothing but insult people, probably to make yourself feel better. That's pretty sad Habanero. I really don't have any sort of problem with you, but your constant disrespect to me is really leaving me with no patience.

Aww...C'mon. He's a nice guy when you aren't talking about Chrom. You and I both know that.

You do have to stop just blatantly hating a character though Habanero, its not helping your cause.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like how you seem to be ignoring the positive comments because they don't suit your own?

Except that's not true at all? You know what they say about people who make assumptions, right? But seeing as you're so vehemently biased against Chrom, to the point of having seething rage about his supporters and making rather hateful remarks which I probably shouldn't repeat in this thread, you may be passed the "assumption" phase.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, that's not entirely true.

He has made some good points and has had normal conversations on the social thread, but otherwise I see and agree with your point, as of now.

TheDivineDeity

You corrected him on his grammar, and now you're calling him a Grammar Nazi? Come on bro. Give up the game. Who's alt account are you? :troll:
When I "corrected" that one guy, I didn't do so with the intent of sounding college professor smart or trying to be a grammar jackass, I just did it without thought or reason to do it. It wasn't even a major point of my contention with that one guy, it was just a random statement that has been vastly overblown. Now it's overshadowed everything else about my replies to that one guy.

Seriously, pack your bags and get the **** out of here with this bull**** about me being an alternate account.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman

Hm... you do have some points, but the biggest difference between Genesect and Lucario via type is Bug (weakest type) vs Fighting (they're both steel types). Mewtwo has more colors in common with Genesect than with Lucario. Lucario has also carried relevancy, if not mascot status for past recent Pokémon games too (not to say other Pokémon from Gen 5 haven't either but that's beside the point).
I still see Lucario holding more popularity than Genesect. Even with the movie.
lol~ I wouldn't be surprised if Lucario would appear randomly somewhere in the Genesect movie XD

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Aww...C'mon. He's a nice guy when you aren't talking about Chrom. You and I both know that.

You do have to stop just blatantly hating a character though Habanero, its not helping your cause.
I have little patience with this anymore. Most things I post, he's right there talking **** to me. I've had it. I do nothing to warrant that whatsoever.

TheDivineDeity

THIS is EXACTLY what needed to be said about Habanero, EXACTLY what needed to be said. No respect, no thing from the guy. NOTHING BUT DISRESPECT.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have little patience with this anymore. Most things I post, he's right there talking **** to me. I've had it. I do nothing to warrant that whatsoever.
Maybe he likes you. :troll:

In all seriousness, lay off a bit Habanero. You're doing more harm than good.

THIS is EXACTLY what needed to be said about Habanero, EXACTLY what needed to be said. No respect, no thing from the guy. NOTHING BUT DISRESPECT.

He's a nice guy when you aren't talking about Chrom. He really is.

Chrom just comes up a lot...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
When I "corrected" that one guy, I didn't do so with the intent of sounding college professor smart or trying to be a grammar *******, I just did it without thought or reason to do it. It wasn't even a major point of my contention with that one guy, it was just a random statement that has been vastly overblown.

Seriously, shut the **** up, pack your bags, and get the **** out of here with this bull**** about me being an alternate account.
Calm. Down. They were just correcting grammar. No one is out to get you. Let's just zip it and move on.

You need to learn when to say the right thing at the right time.

TheDivineDeity

Calm. Down. They were just correcting grammar. No one is out to get you. Let's just zip it and move on.

You need to learn when to say the right thing at the right time.
I'm tired of people insulting me. I sick and tired of it.

Maybe he likes you. :troll:

In all seriousness, lay off a bit Habanero. You're doing more harm than good.

He's a nice guy when you aren't talking about Chrom. He really is.

Chrom just comes up a lot...
I've never defended the idea of Chrom being in the game and in fact I actually agree with Habanero on the Fire Emblem representation in Smash. But some of the other things he says really pisses me off.

TheDivineDeity

Honestly, Metwo and Lucario can work out just fine together in the same game. in fact, it would be pretty fun, actually. The only problem is that with Genesect getting much more attention via movies and games, as well as a need to represent a previous generation in addition to Mewtwo's, it almost makes too much sense - Mewtwo vs Genesect, Generations 5 and 6, all in Smash. It's perfect. :ohwell:

TheCreator

Smash Lord

We don't insult EVERYBODY, odds are you do something to warrant it. So figure out what that is, and stop it, or accept harsh judgement.

@ The response above me, the only attention Genesect is getting is from that movie. He's not being marketed or advertised like Lucario. He is not a popular pokemon, and I remember reading he had a hatebase of sorts.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well... You could leave. That's always an option.

On a serious note, (I'm trying to help you here, so don't get mad), maybe tone it down a bit? You're attitude comes off as a bit condescending and your views on controversial topics...well....left a bad impression in many people's minds. I suppose you'll need to work to get the initial respect back for many people. It will take a while, but certainly not impossible. Noah did it! And he's been accepted as a member of the community now. I'm not sure what else to say. I am honestly trying to help you, so please so do get mad....

Whoops. Double post.
I'd like to think Habanero's bigotry and apparent hate for Chrom is more to rile you guys up and get a reaction out of you, in which case he wins.

But I'd also like to think he's a better man than that.
This.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to think Habanero's bigotry and apparent hate for Chrom is more to rile you guys up and get a reaction out of you, in which case he wins.
No, it's because unlike dip****s out there I actually care about diversity. **** demographics. **** sales. **** recency. **** relevance. If a character is dull, a character is dull, and no amount of fancy numbers will change it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well... You could leave. That's always an option.

On a serious note, (I'm trying to help you here, so don't get mad), maybe tone it down a bit? You're attitude comes off as a bit condescending and your views on controversial topics...well....left a bad impression in many people's minds. I suppose you'll need to work to get the initial respect back for many people. It will take a while, but certainly not impossible. Noah did it! And he's been accepted as a member of the community now. I'm not sure what else to say. I am honestly trying to help you, so please so do get mad....
Do get mad? Not your best advice. But yes. Apart from the grammatical error, this is what you need to do. You could leave, but that isn't really the best option. Just win back respect.

TheDivineDeity

Seriously, man, WHAT is your PROBLEM with me? Seriously? What is your problem with me? Every time I say something or anything, your on my ass and start either insulting me or making fun of me or something along those lines. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, dude, let's just get this over with and be done with it. What is your problem?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No, it's because unlike dip****s out there I actually care about diversity. **** demographics. **** sales. **** recency. **** relevance. If a character is dull, a character is dull, and no amount of fancy numbers will change it.

Oh, so now Chrom supporters are dip****s? I guess that's in addition to being "vermin" and the "abortions of speculation" that you've called us in your own words? I don't know if you can understand this, but being "dull" is entirely subjective. Maybe if you'd actually looked around at how some people can make him interesting, you'd see that it's just your opinion. But no. Instead, you actually refuse to accept or even look at what others have done, as you have also told me you do. That, Habanero, is ignorance.

Reznor

work in progress
as some one who has only played one FE games (sacred stones) why are some of you against Chrom and how is Roy better
I say we get a Lord that doesn't use a ****ing sword again Emphraim or Hector

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That doesn't mean that you have to insult and disrespect people because their opinion if different from yours.

TheDivineDeity

While I agree with you about Chrom, stop acting like a jackass to everybody around you. I know, I know what you will say - that is exactly what I do (apparently). :rolleyes: Here's the thing, though - two wrongs don't make a right. It's one thing if I accidentally offend someone, and then usually apologize for my actions and move on - I man up and accept my actions and consequences, and then forgive and forget. But, it's another thing when you offend other people and don't give a ****, like you just go on and offend everybody because it makes you feel better about yourself. Stop acting like you're so damn entitled like you're on welfare or something, stop acting like such a high and mighty crusader looking to prove you're right and they're wrong, and stop looking down on anybody who doesn't agree with you on anything like they're lower than you and you're higher than them. Just stop. :ohwell:

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
as some one who has only played one FE games (sacred stones) why are some of you against Chrom and how is Roy better
I say we get a Lord that doesn't use a ****ing sword again Emphraim or Hector
*walks in trying to avoid the Internet fight going on*
OMG yes, I would main Hector in a heartbeat if he made it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom