• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor

work in progress
Here's a secret, any character that makes it into smash their popularity immediately grows Alot.
thats what I posted :glare:

The Smashverse would rather see a returning Roy than a newcomer Chrom, considering if Mewtwo is going to return, so should Roy, because they're the popular Melee veterans. (Dr. Mario, Young Link, and ESPECIALLY Pichu don't count, because they don't have the same level of popularity as Mewtwo and Roy.)
the Smashverse fans aren't the only fans that matter other nintendo franchise fans matter just as much (we only have FE characters in smash because there are FE fans)

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Not really. If anything, you subconsciously think you're better than anyone. This Guy right here just plainly doesn't give two ****s, because it's frivolous to argue over something this stupid.
Alright fine, everybody else is better than me, I GET IT. Fine then, I'll argue something else then. And why are you using big words like 'frivolous'? This isn't a school essay your writing, it's a Smashboard forum community. There are people here that may not understand the context or meaning of those big words. It's just a warning for later though, as some of the users here may be confused as to what you're saying.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I didn't insult the person, but rather constructively criticized the unlikely choices that person presented to me.
You don't give constructive criticism, you give unorganized, faulty, and ignorant criticism based on your own bias. Your first roster shows you clearly don't know what you're talking about and thus aren't in the position to criticize rosters while acting like you would know the best choice. You always complain when somebody has such an obvious choice that everybody would have.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you post the roster you made and start insulting people and their rosters. You are going to get everybody really p***** because you have NO right to do that. You have not earned the right to insult peoples rosters until you fix yours. I've seen bad rosters on YouTube and other sites, and not once were any of them as horrid. (not to mention every wishlist, dream roster, kid made roster, and prediction roster has EarthBound on it because it's one of the best franchises.) THIS IS A CROSSOVER BETWEEN NINTENDO'S GREATEST! NOT NINTENDO'S LATEST! Get that through your head and please and stop treating us like **** when we clearly know better.

I have nothing against you personally, but if you keep insulting people and rosters I certainly will.

Stop acting like you're better than everybody else, dude. Seriously.
Again, take your own advice. It'll make SmashBoards more fun for you and all of us.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
lol what? Divine, I couldn't be less serious about what I said :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

chill pimpin, you're a little too emotional right now to be making random judgments about people you don't even know

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Kite and BlackRose from Project X Zone are from the original .hack (hence why the Skeith looked the way it did and not being Haseo from G.U) However, because the original was so long they broke it into 4 games (infection being the first)
I also have looked into the anime and it's alright. Better than the lazy manga where there's 2 new people who get Kite and BlackRose's avatars and play around in The World helping Aura's "daughter" meet Aura again.
Well whatever I read it most definatly wasn't a manga, I don't like mangas the much, same with how I don't like comic books that much as I want tons more words then pictures, or suffice to say at the very least it wasn't in the typical manga style lol. As long as I don't have to deal with an excessive amount of gore/horror/grusomeness I will probably try to find at least the first .Hack game as I own a PS2, but what you said about the games is a bit of a turn off for me. e_e

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright fine, everybody else is better than me, I GET IT. Fine then, I'll argue something else then. And why are you using big words like 'frivolous'? This isn't a school essay your writing, it's a Smashboard forum community. There are people here that may not understand the context or meaning of those big words. It's just a warning for later though, as some of the users here may be confused as to what you're saying.
You're on the ****ing internet.

If you don't know what a word means then you have every tool available to look it up. You are the worst troll I have ever seen.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
So I just get back from dinner and see a bunch of arguments going on. Yeah, everything seems normal here.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Plus, why should people dumb themselves down for others on the internet? If you have something, use it. It's as simple as that. And protip: frivolous isn't exactly a big word.

TheDivineDeity

You don't give constructive criticism, you give unorganized, faulty, and ignorant criticism based on your own bias. Your first roster shows you clearly don't know what you're talking about and thus aren't in the position to criticize rosters while acting like you would know the best choice. You always complain when somebody has such an obvious choice that everybody would have. You mean a rookie roster I made, admittedly with several mistakes, A LONG TIME AGO?! :rolleyes: THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO! I've changed my roster since then. Don't criticize me for mistakes I made long ago and have since then fixed.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you post the roster you made and start insulting people and their rosters. You are going to get everybody really p***** because you have NO right to do that. You have not earned the right to insult peoples rosters until you fix yours. I've seen bad rosters on YouTube and other sites, and not once were any of them as horrid. (not to mention every wishlist, dream roster, kid made roster, and prediction roster has EarthBound on it because it's one of the best franchises.) THIS IS A CROSSOVER BETWEEN NINTENDO'S GREATEST! NOT NINTENDO'S LATEST! (Brawl: Lucario, Ike, Lucas: THE LATEST EDITIONS AT THE TIME!!! Otherwise, we'd be permanently stuck with only veterans and not newcomers.) :ohwell: Get that through your head and please and stop treating us like **** when we clearly know better. Even though I never treat people like **** while everybody else treats me like ****, that's cool I guess, huh? That's cool. Real cool. :urg:

I have nothing against you personally, but if you keep insulting people and rosters I certainly will. :psycho:

Again, take your own advice. It'll make SmashBoards more fun for you and all of us. That's what I TRY TO DO...

Reznor

work in progress
Would anybody prefer this roster better? It's not offical yet. (P.S. I'm not making an all veteran Pokemon roster)
View attachment 1937
its so hard to read your text dark blue is annoying :urg:

Dixie has more of a chance than King K.Rool
doubt we will get Toon Link
I don't know a lot about Stafy so I can't comment on him
Genesect over Jiggs doesn't make too much sense and I doubt we will get the old Mewtwo we will probably get the new one
get rid of Mii Sakurai doesn't like them and not many smash players like him either

I think you might wanna cut the roster down 55 character is way too many

TheDivineDeity

You're on the ****ing internet.

If you don't know what a word means then you have every tool available to look it up. You are the worst troll I have ever seen.
Seriously, do you use words like 'frivolous' in your vocabulary? Do you? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, except for college professors or English teachers, uses fancy words like that. I don't need to go through the effort of looking up words on an online dictionary when the person could JUST AS EASILY use a smaller word. It isn't all that difficult Swampasaur, but once again, as long as you can find other ways to insult me, then apparently its okay...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Divine, you have indeed treated people like crap in the past for reasons not relating to Smash.

If you think you have a right to do that, then they have just as much of a right to treat you like crap too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Brawl: Lucario, Ike, Lucas: THE LATEST EDITIONS AT THE TIME!!! Otherwise, we'd be permanently stuck with only veterans and not newcomers

They were the latest, yes, but they were also extremely popular choices. That's what got them in, not recentness.

Also, I just wanted to say something. You keep going on about how Chrom "isn't popular in the Smashverse," but that's incorrect. Take a look at Shortie's poll that spanned numerous websites. Chrom actually placed pretty well.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Would anybody prefer this roster better? It's not offical yet. (P.S. I'm not making an all veteran Pokemon roster)
View attachment 1937

Still feel Pokemon doesn't have enough variety...
Pretty solid roster.
-Not sure about Starfy and Sheriff, but that's only because I'm not very well acquainted with them.
-I'd rather not have Miis but that's just my bias.
-I am a strong supporter of Paper Mario, but I have a nagging feeling that Bowser Jr. has an advantage.
-GENESECT! W00T

Mhh... I gotta say, most rosters go up to a max of 50, but what if we get up to 54? Would that be too much?

TheDivineDeity

They were the latest, yes, but they were also extremely popular choices. That's what got them in, not recentness.

Also, I just wanted to say something. You keep going on about how Chrom "isn't popular in the Smashverse," but that's incorrect. Take a look at Shortie's poll that spanned numerous websites. Chrom actually placed pretty well.
Again, as I've said MANY TIMES BEFORE, just because a character is popular in their universe, it doesn't mean they will be popular in the Smashverse. I mean look at Mario or Yoshi - they're important to their universe, and even popular, but it doesn't mean people will ever play as them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seriously, do you use words like 'frivolous' in your vocabulary? Do you? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, except for college professors or English teachers, uses fancy words like that. I don't need to go through the effort of looking up words on an online dictionary when the person could JUST AS EASILY use a smaller word. It isn't all that difficult Swampasaur, but once again, as long as you can find other ways to insult me, then apparently its okay...
I'll have you know that I do use the word "frivolous" in everyday conversation. Like I said, why should I, or anyone for that matter, dumb myself down for others when it's their problem they don't know what the word means? You're advocating ignorance.

Again, as I've said MANY TIMES BEFORE, just because a character is popular in their universe, it doesn't mean they will be popular in the Smashverse. I mean look at Mario or Yoshi - they're important to their universe, and even popular, but it doesn't mean people will ever play as them.
Dude. The poll was for Smash Bros. It was a poll that asked who you wanted to be in Smash Bros., for heaven's sake...how does that not show popularity among Smash fans?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
> Swamp never insulted you, he's telling to use the tools that have been given to you. If anything, he's giving you the constructive criticism that you yourself claim to be giving out

> How do you know people other than professors use words like "frivolous"? I use words like empathetic all the time on Facebook in casual conversation and people are still able to understand my statements. There's a such thing as contextual clues, I'd suggest you use them

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not surprising considering that the people at GameFAQs and NeoGAF have Fire Emblem: Awakening shoved up their ass.

CalumG

Smash Lord
You're trolling. You're definitely trolling. Come on friend, come clean - you've got all of the Smashboards regulars tripping over themselves in anger. You've won. Troll successful. Who is this alt? :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You don't give constructive criticism, you give unorganized, faulty, and ignorant criticism based on your own bias. Your first roster shows you clearly don't know what you're talking about and thus aren't in the position to criticize rosters while acting like you would know the best choice. You always complain when somebody has such an obvious choice that everybody would have. You mean a rookie roster I made, admittedly with several mistakes, A LONG TIME AGO?! :rolleyes: THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO! I've changed my roster since then. Don't criticize me for mistakes I made long ago and have since then fixed.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you post the roster you made and start insulting people and their rosters. You are going to get everybody really p***** because you have NO right to do that. You have not earned the right to insult peoples rosters until you fix yours. I've seen bad rosters on YouTube and other sites, and not once were any of them as horrid. (not to mention every wishlist, dream roster, kid made roster, and prediction roster has EarthBound on it because it's one of the best franchises.) THIS IS A CROSSOVER BETWEEN NINTENDO'S GREATEST! NOT NINTENDO'S LATEST! (Brawl: Lucario, Ike, Lucas: THE LATEST EDITIONS AT THE TIME!!! Otherwise, we'd be permanently stuck with only veterans and not newcomers.) :ohwell: Get that through your head and please and stop treating us like **** when we clearly know better. Even though I never treat people like **** while everybody else treats me like ****, that's cool I guess, huh? That's cool. Real cool. :urg:

I have nothing against you personally, but if you keep insulting people and rosters I certainly will. :psycho:

Again, take your own advice. It'll make SmashBoards more fun for you and all of us. That's what I TRY TO DO.

You mean a rookie roster I made, admittedly with several mistakes, A LONG TIME AGO?! :rolleyes: THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO! I've changed my roster since then. Don't criticize me for mistakes I made long ago and have since then fixed.

You mean 5 days ago? And you didn't fix it entirely...

(Brawl: Lucario, Ike, Lucas: THE LATEST EDITIONS AT THE TIME!!!

(Brawl: Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, Diddy, King Dedede, Ike: ALL HAD RED CLOTHING!!! That must mean it's the ONLY reason they got in

Anybody will tell you that if you think Ike & Lucario got in JUST because the were recent, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Otherwise, we'd be permanently stuck with only veterans and not newcomers.

OH, so NOW you're saying if they weren't recent they would NEVER have gotten in. You're ignorance hurts.

IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT THAT IKE & LUCARIO DID NOT GET IN BECAUSE OF RECENCY THEN I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOU AS A POSSESSOR OF A BRAIN.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
So don't use a broader vocabulary in order to accommodate to ignorance? How about we use whatever words we like, and hopefully others will learn from us?
I just... jesus that logic is so infuriating. You're siding with ignorance, I hope you realize this in retrospect.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not surprising considering that the people at GameFAQs and NeoGAF have Fire Emblem: Awakening shoved up their ***.
As far as I'm concerned, popularity is popularity, no matter where it comes from.

Reznor

work in progress
okay I remade my roster thing taking out some characters most people disagree with (Waluigi :()
Johto trainer is in because I like him more than Kanto trainer no other reason :bee:

Brawl Roster.png

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Well whatever I read it most definatly wasn't a manga, I don't like mangas the much, same with how I don't like comic books that much as I want tons more words then pictures, or suffice to say at the very least it wasn't in the typical manga style lol. As long as I don't have to deal with an excessive amount of gore/horror/grusomeness I will probably try to find at least the first .Hack game as I own a PS2, but what you said about the games is a bit of a turn off for me. e_e
It's less bloody grotesque (it takes place in an online game "The World" so logically speaking expecting such doesn't make sense for the setting) and more visually unnerving with creepy music, sounds and visuals. Take Tarvos

for example of this. It "cries" what I can only assume is supposed to be muddy ooze, uses... finger/claw things... to inflict massive damage on you, has a one hit kill attack using the spike severed through its head and it growl/barks at you throughout the battle (on the plus it has a rainbow colored rain attack that's pretty cute).
The game tries more to be unnerving and visually grotesque than bloody, if bloody at all.
Though .hack (original 4) are more known for that unnerving and visually grotesque aspect, it does have some cute qualities, like the grunties. Being able to run through fields without having to worry about an enemy encounter, plus the music that plays with it being out in the field is pretty funny considering the universal mood of .hack. Some of the teammates you get throughout the game are also cute and/or funny too.
Don't think of .hack as a one trick pony simply because all 8 Phases have the same theme remixed to be a little creepier than the previous or the dungeon monsters... or what you feed the grunty to raise it into an adult to be used in the fields.

This is just based on my own experience with the original .hack game series. Yours will probably differ, but considering the age it's definitely worth a try.

TheDivineDeity

(Thanks to Theasarus.com)

"Considering the extricater metaphysics of both Meta Knight's subjectivity and objectivity, it is not so operose in that perceptive of the lack of correspondencen of you neurotic voralsensitive brain chemicals within your cranium of Sakurai, but of course judging by Bowser's and Ganondorf's asinine clack of calcium nutrition within their bone processes and osseus matter, it is calculated that evisceration is the ubiquitous result of controverting Solid Snake..."

Are THESE the sort of sentences you want to read online? Or would you rather read simpler sentences for the laymen to understand. I mean, my example is probably bad and maybe I could have used a better one, but my point stands. At least use simpler words.

TheDivineDeity

So don't use a broader vocabulary in order to accommodate to ignorance? How about we use whatever words we like, and hopefully others will learn from us?
I just... jesus that logic is so infuriating. You're siding with ignorance, I hope you realize this in retrospect.
No, I'm just suggesting that it wouldn't waste other people's time looking up the definitions of words they don't understand. Why use a more difficult-to-understand synonym of the word 'hard' when you could just say 'hard'?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

"Considering the extricater metaphysics of both Meta Knight's subjectivity and objectivity, it is not so operose in that perceptive of the lack of correspondencen of you neurotic voralsensitive brain chemicals within your cranium of Sakurai, but of course judging by Bowser's and Ganondorf's asinine clack of calcium nutrition within their bone processes and osseus matter, it is calculated that evisceration is the ubiquitous result of controverting Solid Snake..."

Are THESE the sort of sentences you want to read online? Or would you rather read simpler sentences for the laymen to understand. I mean, my example is probably bad and maybe I could have used a better one, but my point stands. At least use simpler words.
You looked all that up and posted it. You could of easily just looked up the one word you didn't understand instead of 50. Also I understand all these words.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

And now you are overexaggerating, I've never seen someone on this site post such a sentance.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's less bloody grotesque (it takes place in an online game "The World" so logically speaking expecting such doesn't make sense for the setting) and more visually unnerving with creepy music, sounds and visuals. Take Travos

for example of this. It "cries" what I can only assume is supposed to be muddy ooze, uses... finger/claw things... to inflict massive damage on you, has a one hit kill attack using the spike severed through its head and it growl/barks at you throughout the battle (on the plus it has a rainbow colored rain attack that's pretty cute).
The game tries more to be unnerving and visually grotesque than bloody, if bloody at all.
Though .hack (original 4) are more known for that unnerving and visually grotesque aspect, it does have some cute qualities, like the grunties. Being able to run through fields without having to worry about an enemy encounter, plus the music that plays with it being out in the field is pretty funny considering the universal mood of .hack. Some of the teammates you get throughout the game are also cute and/or funny too.
Don't think of .hack as a one trick pony simply because all 8 Phases have the same theme remixed to be a little creepier than the previous or the dungeon monsters... or what you feed the grunty to raise it into an adult to be used in the fields.

This is just based on my own experience with the original .hack game series. Yours will probably differ, but considering the age it's definitely worth a try.
Ok let me ask a simple question, how would you compare the "unvervingness" to Gears of War? That seems the best question for me to ask, as GoW is a very borderline game for me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom