• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
I don''t understand your example of "character only getting in because they were red" because it had nothing to do with my example of recency and relevance. Lucario and Ike are just simply flavors-of-the-game for the series they represent, so don't hold you breath waiting for their return, when it's very likely they'll be replaced by more recent additions of Pokemon or Fire Emblem characters. :ohwell:.

Reznor

work in progress
okay I remade my roster thing taking out some characters most people disagree with (Waluigi :()
Johto trainer is in because I like him more than Kanto trainer no other reason :bee:

View attachment 1938
pretty good roster but I doubt we will get Dixie and King K.Rool
good idea picking Johto Trainer over Kanto Trainer

10/10 roster your awesome Reznor

TheDivineDeity

pretty good roster but I doubt we will get Dixie and King K.Rool
good idea picking Johto Trainer over Kanto Trainer

10/10 roster Reznor
Honestly, I do expect either King K Rool or Dixie Kong. I can't see the DK series not going on without at least one more rep.

I'll have you know that I do use the word "frivolous" in everyday conversation. Like I said, why should I, or anyone for that matter, dumb myself down for others when it's their problem they don't know what the word means? You're advocating ignorance.

Dude. The poll was for Smash Bros. It was a poll that asked who you wanted to be in Smash Bros., for heaven's sake...how does that not show popularity among Smash fans?
Whoops... I thought you posted a Fire Emblem poll. I wasn't thinking when I responded. :urg:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Wow, you think ANY character will work flawlessly.
>Implying any character can't work.
  1. Similar character/body structure
  2. Auroa type is similar to Shadow
  3. Both have similar personality and can talk
  4. Both have shadow ball attack and similar Smash Attacks
  5. Both are lightweight and floaty and share some similar movements
I'm not stating these as reasons to not have Lucario. I'm just stating the similarities.
1. Oh so because they're both bipedal they can't coexist?
2. Aura is something unique to the Lucario family. Lucario is a Fighting / Steel type, there is no aura type.
Shadow Ball is a ghost type move. Mewtwo is Psychic type. Fighting and Psychic are literally opposites of each other.
3. Similar personality? You think that matters in a fighting game?
4. Aura Sphere =/= Shadow Ball.
4 / 5. Their movesets are not set in stone for this game, if they are both included, until we see them in action in the retail release next year.

There are reasons why people say Lucario played like a Psychic type in Brawl, because he did. With Bowser now being adjusted to be more like he would be in the Mario series, it's safe to assume that this is being implemented for other characters as well (Ganondorf and Lucario). I assure you, if they made Lucario more of a fighting / steel type, he would have been a MUCH different character than he is in Brawl.
But, my point wasn't there voice, it's the WAY they talk. I don't know would you rather I replace JigglyPuff? Because my opinion on having a newcomer Pokemon will not be swayed.
Telepathy is an ability many Pokemon have. It's not just unique to those two. It doesn't matter in a FIGHTING game.
Any word on when's the next Nintendo Direct? Or do they simply come out of the blue?
They're normally announced like a day or two before released.

This isn't English class in a border school, this is the Internet. Take your Grammar Naziness elsewhere. By the way, congratulations on your ten or more likes I gave you. Considering these people here will do anything to put me in a negative light and everybody else in a positive light... :ohwell:
then why did you decide to make a pointless incorrect correction rather than actually creating a counterargument or actually taking in what I stated
okay I remade my roster thing taking out some characters most people disagree with (Waluigi :()
Johto trainer is in because I like him more than Kanto trainer no other reason :bee:
View attachment 1938
If I could switch the Johto Trainer for the Kanto one, I'd say that's a pretty good roster. I just think that's still one too many Donkey Kong characters.
The lack of Toon Link is disappointing, I'm at least happy you added to Tingle to sorta keep that style going.
Also, one last thing, instead of adding Alph (which is okay and all), I really think you should consider adding in a character from another franchise (Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Takamaru, etc.). From what I can see you seem to lack a spot for a Retro character.
So maybe remove Dixie Kong or King K. Rool for a Retro character and Alph for a more recent unrepresented character?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don''t understand your example of "character only getting in because they were red" because it had nothing to do with my example of recency and relevance. Lucario and Ike are just simply flavors-of-the-game for the series they represent, so don't hold you breath waiting for their return, when it's very likely they'll be replaced by more recent additions of Pokemon or Fire Emblem characters.
That's the oldest, and dumbest argument in the book.

Sakurai looks at what characters can DO, and their popularity. Unless that's what you meant.

Recency has nothing over popularity and potential. If the character is more recent, but not popular or has little or nothing that could be used for a potential moveset, then the character is unlikely to get in.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Ok let me ask a simple question, how would you compare the "unvervingness" to Gears of War? That seems the best question for me to ask, as GoW is a very borderline game for me lol.
Hm... I'm borderline on GoW myself. It's one of the few games I never got a chance to pick up, plus I was only introduced to it on its most recent release, so I can only really give you little in comparison to someone who's been a fan of it since the first game and/or played it.

Reznor

work in progress
then why did you decide to make a pointless incorrect correction rather than actually creating a counterargument or actually taking in what I stated
If I could switch the Johto Trainer for the Kanto one, I'd say that's a pretty good roster. I just think that's still one too many Donkey Kong characters.
The lack of Toon Link is disappointing, I'm at least happy you added to Tingle to sorta keep that style going.
Also, one last thing, instead of adding Alph (which is okay and all), I really think you should consider adding in a character from another franchise (Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Takamaru, etc.). From what I can see you seem to lack a spot for a Retro character.
So maybe remove Dixie Kong or King K. Rool for a Retro character and Alph for a more recent unrepresented character?
I forgot Little Mac :urg:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hm... I'm borderline on GoW myself. It's one of the few games I never got a chance to pick up, plus I was only introduced to it on its most recent release, so I can only really give you little in comparison to someone who's been a fan of it since the first game and/or played it.
Ok uhm.... The only other somewaht border line game I can think of is Pandora's Tower, to a certain extent (let's just say there a few things in the game I don't care for to much, but in the end the pros win out over the cons)though not visually unerving that much, aside from when Elena eats the raw beast flesh, it has more of a mental unervingness to it instead.

TheDivineDeity

You're trolling. You're definitely trolling. Come on friend, come clean - you've got all of the Smashboards regulars tripping over themselves in anger. You've won. Troll successful. Who is this alt? :p
Here is what I mean - Mario and Yoshi are obviously going to be in the game because they are mascots. But here's the thing - they are hughely popular outside the Smashverse, but inside it... not so much. Nobody I know of plays as Mario or Yoshi. Okay, maybe its a horrible example, and I wasn't able to translate my meaning properly, so yeah, I may have made a mistake in my choice of words. :urg:

And seriously, leave off, just leave the leave off, JUST LEAVE OFF!!! I'M NOT YOUR SLAVE, AND YOUR NOT MY MASTER, I'M NOT YOUR ***** SLAVE TO BE TREATED WORSE THAN A PIECE OF ****ING ****. I DESERVE MORE ****ING RESPECT AS A COMMENTATOR ON THIS WEBSITE, I DON'T DESERVE THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT BY YOU!!! :mad:

Let me ask YOU a question, since you like asking questions - are YOU an alt account of GoldenYu? I'm just asking. Are you an alt account of GoldenYu? Or maybe even Habanero or somebody else that doesn't like me. Chances are, you are either an alt account designed to torment me, OR you are in cohoots with GoldenYu to make fun of me (like, you went to a private convo and decided with him to gang up on me), OR you just like treating everybody like ****. Chances are, again, you are just being an asshole to me because you think you're so much better than me. :rolleyes:

Well, I had enough of it. If you don't like me, block me. That's right, block me. If you don't like me, don't go making false accusations about me, just block me and ignore me. That's it. That's all you have to do. I will never be treated like this ever again. NEVER AGAIN! :urg::urg::urg:

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
No, I'm just suggesting that it wouldn't waste other people's time looking up the definitions of words they don't understand. Why use a more difficult-to-understand synonym of the word 'hard' when you could just say 'hard'?
Here, let me take you on a wonderful what if scenario:
Instead of wasting your time advocating ignorance and that people should not use "hard" words, you could've just LOOKED UP THE WORD and that would've been the end of it.
But no, I guess we can't let people "waste their time" when they're on important business posting on a Smash Bros Forum.

jesus christ

CalumG

Smash Lord
Here is what I mean - Mario and Yoshi are obviously going to be in the game because they are mascots. But here's the thing - they are hughely popular outside the Smashverse, but inside it... not so much. Nobody I know of plays as Mario or Yoshi. Okay, maybe its a horrible example, and I wasn't able to translate my meaning properly, so yeah, I may have made a mistake in my choice of words. :urg:

And seriously, leave off, just leave the leave off, JUST LEAVE OFF!!! I'M NOT YOUR SLAVE, AND YOUR NOT MY MASTER, I'M NOT YOUR ***** SLAVE TO BE TREATED WORSE THAN A PIECE OF ****ING ****. I DESERVE MORE ****ING RESPECT AS A COMMENTATOR ON THIS WEBSITE, I DON'T DESERVE THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT BY YOU!!! :mad:

Let me ask YOU a question, since you like asking questions - are YOU an alt account of GoldenYu? I'm just asking. Are you an alt account of GoldenYu? Or maybe even Habanero or somebody else that doesn't like me. Chances are, you are either an alt account designed to torment me, OR you are in cohoots with GoldenYu to make fun of me (like, you went to a private convo and decided with him to gang up on me), OR you just like treating everybody like ****. Chances are, again, you are just being an ******* to me because you think you're so much better than me. :rolleyes:

Well, I had enough of it. If you don't like me, block me. That's right, block me. If you don't like me, don't go making false accusations about me, just block me and ignore me. That's it. That's all you have to do. I will never be treated like this ever again. NEVER AGAIN! :urg::urg::urg:
So... you're not gonna tell us who you're an alt for? Could've just said so friend.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
About the Nintendo Direct questions a while back, there is supposed to be one sometime this month, however it'll be focusing mainly on Wonderful 101, so I won't be expecting any smash news, unless Red Hero gets revealed :troll:

TheDivineDeity

Here, let me take you on a wonderful what if scenario:
Instead of wasting your time advocating ignorance and that people should not use "hard" words, you could've just LOOKED UP THE WORD and that would've been the end of it.
But no, I guess we can't let people "waste their time" when they're on important business posting on a Smash Bros Forum.

THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M ADVOCATING! I'm just SUGGESTING to tone down the vocabulary so that EVERYBODY, not a few educated people, but EVERYBODY, can understand. I'm home-schooled myself, I didn't go into public schooling or any of that, so don't act like I trying to be stupid when I'm not.
jesus christ
So... you're not gonna tell us who you're an alt for? Could've just said so friend.
You know what Calum- I mean GoldenYu, fine then, I don't care, go elsewhere and troll some other discussion boards or something. I don't care anymore.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I love this thread. It lets me live a stable, peaceful life while still getting to witness a lot of real hostility and drama.

Quick question. What's the best way to talk about something spoiler-heavy without actually spoiling it for people? I have a craving to talk about Pikmin 3 related things, since I just recently beat Pikmin 3. Obviously /collapse works, but would that leave a structured way to talk?

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman

Let me ask YOU a question, since you like asking questions - are YOU an alt account of GoldenYu? I'm just asking. Are you an alt account of GoldenYu? Or maybe even Habanero or somebody else that doesn't like me. Chances are, you are either an alt account designed to torment me, OR you are in cohoots with GoldenYu to make fun of me (like, you went to a private convo and decided with him to gang up on me), OR you just like treating everybody like ****. Chances are, again, you are just being an ******* to me because you think you're so much better than me. :rolleyes:

Calm down...
Relax...
Don't let a little water rattle you, otherwise others will just see you as someone who intentionally trolls an explodes at the slightest provacination or disagreement.
You just need to breath... and clam down.
Relax a little kid, this is the internet after all

TheDivineDeity

I love this thread. It lets me live a stable, peaceful life while still getting to witness a lot of real hostility and drama.

Quick question. What's the best way to talk about something spoiler-heavy without actually spoiling it for people? I have a craving to talk about Pikmin 3 related things, since I just recently beat Pikmin 3. Obviously /collapse works, but would that leave a structured way to talk?
Why don't you actually do something and actually protect ME from this constant harassment of these online bullies? Maybe the Smashboards has no tolerance for kindness from the heart or any of that, but still, at the very least, if you have heart, at least stop this bullying bull**** and protect the victims, and not advocate the bullies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Not sure, I guess you could try starting a conversation with people who would like to talk about it with you, that is if you don't want to risk the /collapse not working. (sometimes it doesn't work for me, not sure what causes such things to not work on this site)

And I think it's kind of funny how theres at least one user-related argument on this thread everyday.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
>Implying any character can't work.
1. Oh so because they're both bipedal they can't coexist?
2. Aura is something unique to the Lucario family. Lucario is a Fighting / Steel type, there is no aura type.
Shadow Ball is a ghost type move. Mewtwo is Psychic type. Fighting and Psychic are literally opposites of each other.
3. Similar personality? You think that matters in a fighting game?
4. Aura Sphere =/= Shadow Ball.
4 / 5. Their movesets are not set in stone for this game, if they are both included, until we see them in action in the retail release next year.

There are reasons why people say Lucario played like a Psychic type in Brawl, because he did. With Bowser now being adjusted to be more like he would be in the Mario series, it's safe to assume that this is being implemented for other characters as well (Ganondorf and Lucario). I assure you, if they made Lucario more of a fighting / steel type, he would have been a MUCH different character than he is in Brawl.
Telepathy is an ability many Pokemon have. It's not just unique to those two. It doesn't matter in a FIGHTING game.
Ariand..........did you miss the post where I said "I'm not stating these as reasons to not have Lucario."? It's in the post you replied to. The similarities I posted have nothing to with him being playable with Mewtwo.

Am I not allowed to point out similarities between these 2 Pokemon without it having something to do with Super Smash Brothers?

TheDivineDeity

Ariand..........did you miss the post where I said "I'm not stating these as reasons to not have Lucario."? It's in the post you replied to. The similarities I posted have nothing to with him being playable with Mewtwo.

Am I not allowed to point out similarities between these 2 Pokemon without it having something to do with Super Smash Brothers?
Seriously, change the color on your words - NOBODY CAN READ IT! Use a brighter color in contrast to the black! EDIT: Thank you, Noah.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman

Well, this IS a Smash Bros website...

CalumG

Smash Lord
Why don't you actually do something and actually protect ME from this constant harassment of these online bullies? Maybe the Smashboards has no tolerance for kindness from the heart or any of that, but still, at the very least, if you have heart, at least stop this bullying bull**** and protect the victims, and not advocate the bullies.
That's a bit of a long and unnecessary word, don't you think? In future you should think of toning down the big words so the everyman can understand them and not just the scholars of Smashboards. :troll:

TheDivineDeity

That's a bit of a long and unnecessary word, don't you think? In future you should think of toning down the big words so the everyman can understand them and not just the scholars of Smashboards. :troll:
I'm into political discussion and the word comes up a lot. 'Advocate' is far from a difficult word.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So, DivineDeity? Would you like me to dumb myself down for you? Would you like me to respond to your abusive and corrosive comments in a simple two-word response so someone like you can undertsand? Fine then:

****. You. You hear me? Go **** yourself.

I'm sorry, but the last 3 pages, I've held my tongue, I've even tried to break up arguments. But you know what? I'm done. You're vile, ignorant, homophobic, intolerant, and obsessive. In other words, maybe if you can understand it better, you are a ****. The word I used should be censored like that. I have NEVER called anyone something like that, but you pushed me over the edge. I'm done.

If I may suggest, ignoring him will be much better. Not physically ignoring him, just don't give two ****s about anything he says.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Way to throw salt onto the wound.

Way to put gasoline on the fire.

Way to take a hammer to someone's head.

Congrats, you are ze bruner~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom