• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't call either Lucas or Luigi clones at all. They just share a few specials and a few aerials and that's it. Unjustified "clone" complaints (example, Wolf being called a clone of Fox) generally get on my nerves.

*looks below* 14 users viewing. Geez, is this thread always this active?
Yes. Yes it is

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well I don't get why people want yet ANOTHER blue haired Fire Emblem swordsman, but I just roll with it. :awesome:

DHD just sprung up because of the rumor, actually.

I'm almost equally split between him, Balloon Fighter, or Mach Rider.
But Balloon Fighter is unpopular now because of a certain Villager... and Mach Rider... well... I don't know, I think I prefer another wacky character, but Mach Rider is great too. :)

There are SOO many retro characters I'd love to see in...

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised so many are talking about Dixy but nobody utters a word about Tiny. I find it extremely difficult to see her being a clone in any fashion really to Diddy or DK....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speaking of DHD, I don't think he'd be a very good choice, but he could have a very original moveset.
He'd also have the best taunt. :troll:

I wouldn't call either Lucas or Luigi clones at all. They just share a few specials and a few aerials and that's it. Unjustified "clone" complaints (example, Wolf being called a clone of Fox) generally get on my nerves.

*looks below* 14 users viewing. Geez, is this thread always this active?
Well, Luigi shares a good amount of moves with Mario, 2 Smashes, F-Tilt, 3 Aerials, and his N-Special is the one that is most comparable to one of his brother's Specials.

He's not that much of a clone really. And Lucas just shares a few moves with Ness. (less than I thought)

And Wolf shares one Special with Fox, (the others are quite different from Fox's) anyone who would call him a clone of Fox is blind as a bat.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't get why people want yet ANOTHER blue haired Fire Emblem swordsman, but I just roll with it. :awesome:

DHD just sprung up because of the rumor, actually.

I'm almost equally split between him, Balloon Fighter, or Mach Rider.
But Balloon Fighter is unpopular now because of a certain Villager... and Mach Rider... well... I don't know, I think I prefer another wacky character, but Mach Rider is great too. :)

There are SOO many retro characters I'd love to see in...
Don't blame the fanbase about the blue-haired swordsmen, blame the game creators who thought it'd be a great idea if every really good swordsman must have blue hair...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Don't blame the fanbase about the blue-haired swordsmen, blame the game creators who thought it'd be a great idea if every really good swordsman must have blue hair...

lol
This reminded me of Zoolander for some reason.

"Why must all swordsmen be really, really, ridiculously good looking?" :marth:

EDIT: Point is.. There are a lot of questionable characters in the roster, but I just roll with them. Don't see why people have to point out the oddballs that don't make it to the mainstream rosters. What good is this thread if we're going to go about the same characters over and over again, right? :D

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well I don't get why people want yet ANOTHER blue haired Fire Emblem swordsman
People want to be right, but don't consider the problems with such an idea.

The problem isn't so much the blue hair, it's more like the general disposition giving off a worn out mental image. We've already gotten Marth and Ike, so having another character that is a mere expy of both is kind of not thrilling. The only reason why people are persistent with it is because ******** patterns and demographics, while ignoring the big problem presented.

CalumG

Smash Lord
If it were my business, I'd include a Fire Emblem Tactician/Avatar type character (possibly based on the white-haired "standard" avatar from Awakening?) that could summon little chibi-fied 'units' to do his/her bidding, like some kind of mix between Olimar's playstyle and the Advance Wars Assist Trophy.

But alas, with Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Pokemon Trainer (since he allegedly represents more than just Red) and Villager already present, people would complain too much about it not being an 'actual' character since the Avatar doesn't really have a firmly established look or personality.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna cite, I think it was peeup who said this? and say that
"A desk lamp could be given a worthy smash bros. moveset. Doesn't mean it will happen but fighting capabilities really matter very little."
Essentially meaning: He has no flaws. It could happen. It's just unlikely.

Then I'm gonna point out how you ignored half of what both I and Arcanir said when diciding what to respond to...

He's a humanoid? That's similar. About as similar as Mewtwo and Lucario.
As arcanir said, Mewtwo is generally an antihero, while Lucario is an actual hero. (The one that can speak anyways.)

Point out a flaw in any character Mr.SaturnGamer. And if it's not true, I'll gladly disconfirm it while keeping a good distance away from excuses. Funny coming from you, who has nothing but excuses towards a lot of characters on your roster?
Better excuses then yours, probably because they aren't excuses and the characters are good choices agreed by many. And how is not responding ignoring. Do I need to post that I agree? And you still haven't told me what makes Genesect similar. And again pointing out similarities doesn't mean they can't both be in it.

so basically you haven't explained what makes auroa NOT similar to shadow other than saying that fire isn't similar. They do have similar personalities because they both talk with telekinesis, act kind of like loners, and talk similar.

You're really in no position to be calling my reasons excuses when several people agree with my reasons, my reasons work for the character, and they're not nearly as bad as your Tom Nook defense. And that's because I use reasons, not excuses.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If it were my business, I'd include a Fire Emblem Tactician/Avatar type character (possibly based on the white-haired "standard" avatar from Awakening?) that could summon little chibi-fied 'units' to do his/her bidding, like some kind of mix between Olimar's playstyle and the Advance Wars Assist Trophy.

But alas, with Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Pokemon Trainer (since he allegedly represents more than just Red) and Villager already present, people would complain too much about it not being an 'actual' character since the Avatar doesn't really have a firmly established look or personality.
EDIT: THANKS TO THIS POST, I think I now support ROBIN (if that's what FE:A's tactician is called)
Because I think it's a brilliant idea.

It would be amazing to have a Tactician with a moveset that includes famous faces from Fire Emblem.
There are so many deserving figures from Fire Emblem.. it would be impossible to choose ONE among them.
Tactician, in this case ROBIN, would make the most sense to me for:

1.) The fact that it wouldn't be a swordsman.
2.) It would represent the "Tactical" aspect of Fire Emblem
3.) ROBIN in particular, has probably met with a lot of the most famous Fire Emblem characters like Lyn, Roy, etc. Why choose one, when all of them can be part of Robin's moveset?

For example (I'll use Fire Emblem GBA for reference, since it's the one I'm playing right now)

B: Rebecca Bow (shoots 2-3 arrows)
Btilt: Dorca Hand Axe (throws hand axe)
Bup: Florine lance flight. (thrusts upwards with lance)
Bdown: Oswin Spear (protects with shield)

Each with a 1% chance of Critical Hit.

I don't know what he'd use for standard attacks, though.
--

On DHD, as much as I like the character, I admit he's not likely. I haven't heard of a Duck Hunt re-release like ever.
And to make matters worse, the fact that Nintendo ignores the guy who ripped off Duck Hunt for his own profit, doesn't bode too well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People want to be right, but don't consider the problems with such an idea.

The problem isn't so much the blue hair, it's more like the general disposition giving off a worn out mental image. We've already gotten Marth and Ike, so having another character that is a mere expy of both is kind of not thrilling. The only reason why people are persistent with it is because ******** patterns and demographics, while ignoring the big problem presented.

Or because, you know, they actually like the character. That, and I don't think it's very fair to blatantly call Chrom an Ike/Marth expy...

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: THANKS TO THIS POST, I think I now support ROBIN (if that's what FE:A's tactician is called)
Because I think it's a brilliant idea.

It would be amazing to have a Tactician with a moveset that includes famous faces from Fire Emblem.
There are so many deserving figures from Fire Emblem.. it would be impossible to choose ONE among them.
Tactician, in this case ROBIN, would make the most sense to me for:

1.) The fact that it wouldn't be a swordsman.
2.) It would represent the "Tactical" aspect of Fire Emblem
3.) ROBIN in particular, has probably met with a lot of the most famous Fire Emblem characters like Lyn, Roy, etc. Why choose one, when all of them can be part of Robin's moveset?

For example (I'll use Fire Emblem GBA for reference, since it's the one I'm playing right now)

B: Rebecca Bow (shoots 2-3 arrows)
Btilt: Dorca Hand Axe (throws hand axe)
Bup: Florine lance flight. (thrusts upwards with lance)
Bdown: Oswin Spear (protects with shield)

Each with a 1% chance of Critical Hit.

I don't know what he'd use for standard attacks, though.
--

On DHD, as much as I like the character, I admit he's not likely. I haven't heard of a Duck Hunt re-release like ever.
And to make matters worse, the fact that Nintendo ignores the guy who ripped off Duck Hunt for his own profit, doesn't bode too well.
I don't see Robin not because of lack of potential, but rather lack of face. Robin can be/is a boy/girl, has what, 6 different voice actors? Not to mention hair and face and... well, you get the idea. To hold Robin to me seems a bit unreliable in the sense that there's so many different kinds of Robins to pick. Take Morgan for a better example. There's so many different ways for Morgan to look and turn out in combat that it's really more of a pain all around to put him/her in rather than just to leave Morgan out altogether.
I wish there were more well known tacticians in FE though. It'd be nice to see one in Smash Bros.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
so basically you haven't explained what makes auroa NOT similar to shadow other than saying that fire isn't similar. They do have similar personalities because they both talk with telekinesis, act kind of like loners, and talk similar.

First off, it's spelled AURA, not auroa, unless that's how it's spelled where you live.

Second, talking with telekinesis is not a personality trait. It's an ability which they both have, but it does not make their personalities similar.

Finally, I don't see how they talk similar, and you didn't even define what you meant by talking similar. Similar voice? Similar tone? Similar manner of speech? You weren't very specific there.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Or because, you know, they actually like the character. That, and I don't think it's very fair to blatantly call Chrom an Ike/Marth expy...
Unless the Marth they speak of is Lucina with a mask, then you're right, Chrom fights very little like Marth or Ike.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think he means similar tone of voice. Lucario sounds somewhat like Mewtwo did in Mewtwo Strikes Back.

----
Still. Far from a personality trait.

EDIT:

Actually...

They don't sound similar at all.

Also enjoy the full movies while you're at it. :awesome:

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Never got to play .hack games or watch the anime looks awesome though...
So much fun. Hope you like Giygas though, otherwise the 8 phases might just scare you to the brink of abandoning the original game...
(G.U was laughable really by comparison, and what they did to Gorre.... *shudders*)
[original]

[G.U]

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So much fun. Hope you like Giygas though, otherwise the 8 phases might just scare you to the brink of abandoning the original game...
(G.U was laughable really by comparison, and what they did to Gorre.... *shudders*)
I think you just killed my interest in .Hack now to. LMFAO.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
The avatar from Fire Emblem does have a personality. If you go through the game the character comes through.

As for the face thing, I personally think it's just like with the Villager: they'll pick a default face and a cult will develop around that.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I think you just killed my interest in .Hack now to. LMFAO.
D'Arvit >_<
Will you at least give Infection a chance? The only phases are the Skeith and meeting Aura's jealous stalker boy friend Cubia (whom is sadly the only one who gets better in horror factor in G.U)You'll need a PS2 though, and trust me as someone who's played it myself; It's better to experience the game by playing it than sitting back and watching it.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Okay, I seriously can't let this go.

NOPENOPENOPE. One thousand NOPEs. "Irregardless" isn't a word at all. Regardless is what he meant to say. Adding "Ir-" as a prefix to "regardless" negates the "-less" suffix, making it entirely redundant, as it would just mean "regard" since the other two cancel. As such, "irregardless" is not a word.
This isn't English class in a border school, this is the Internet. Take your Grammar Naziness elsewhere. By the way, congratulations on your ten or more likes I gave you. Considering these people here will do anything to put me in a negative light and everybody else in a positive light... :ohwell:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
D'Arvit >_<
Will you at least give Infection a chance? The only phases are the Skeith and meeting Aura's jealous stalker boy friend Cubia (whom is sadly the only one who gets better in horror factor in G.U)You'll need a PS2 though, and trust me as someone who's played it myself; It's better to experience the game by playing it than sitting back and watching it.
I think the one I wasn interested in was the original... I THINK, whichever one has Kite and Black Rose (cause all I know of >Hack is Project X Zone and a book I read that was based off of a .Hack videogame (but wasn't a manga, was an actual book), but I can't remember which set it was based off of lol.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This isn't English class in a border school, this is the Internet. Take your Grammar Naziness elsewhere.
This is after you "corrected" a guy with an incorrect word.

Hypocrisy!!!

TheDivineDeity

Duck Hunt as many flaws.

And how does Genesect have similar body structure or similarities to either characters? And yes their personality is similar.

You don't accept anything that points out the slightest flaw in any character, usually by using excuses for characters like Duck Hunt Dog or Tom Nook. Everyone is perfect to you. That gets annoying.

There were only 2 Bundles

Super Mario Brothers & Duck Hunt
Super Mario Brothers & Duck Hunt & Track
This is more constructive criticism then anything else, but can you please change your front from dark blue to something else? It's very difficult to read anything because the words camouflage with the background.

Gune

Smash Lord
I think the one I wasn interested in was the original... I THINK, whichever one has Kite and Black Rose (cause all I know of >Hack is Project X Zone and a book I read that was based off of a .Hack videogame (but wasn't a manga, was an actual book), but I can't remember which set it was based off of lol.
yep original is kite and blackrose.

TheDivineDeity

This is after you "corrected" a guy with an incorrect word.

Hypocrisy!!!
Dude, seriously, get off my ass for every little thing I do. I know I'm not you because you are perfect and I'm not, but take your perfectionism somewhere else, where it won't bother others like me who are imperfect. God forbid you have don't have access to the Garden of Eden while everybody else cannot.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Better excuses then yours, probably because they aren't excuses and the characters are good choices agreed by many. And how is not responding ignoring. Do I need to post that I agree? And you still haven't told me what makes Genesect similar. And again pointing out similarities doesn't mean they can't both be in it.

You're really in no position to be calling my reasons excuses when several people agree with my reasons, my reasons work for the character, and they're not nearly as bad as your Tom Nook defense. And that's because I use reasons, not excuses.
Noah....what are you doing? lol My defense for Tom Nook was "It could happen." Far from an excuse, and 100% true.
See Swampasaur's post please., on the similarity of mewtwo and lucario.
The shadow effect and aura effect are about as similar as the aura effect and the fire effect. Basically what I'm saying is, that doesn't matter.
Who agrees with any of your Genesect badgering?

@DivineDeity...lets not get our personal views involved here. Just say "I don liek u cuz ur bein mean" if you must.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dude, seriously, get off my *** for every little thing I do. I know I'm not you because you are perfect and I'm not, but take your perfectionism somewhere else, where it won't bother others like me who are imperfect. God forbid you have don't have access to the Garden of Eden while everybody else cannot.
Who said I was perfect? I don't act like I'm perfect and don't expect anyone else to be.

I just don't like hypocrisy.

You called someone out for doing something and then complain when someone else does the same thing to you. That doesn't sit right with me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dude, seriously, get off my *** for every little thing I do. I know I'm not you because you are perfect and I'm not, but take your perfectionism somewhere else, where it won't bother others like me who are imperfect. God forbid you have don't have access to the Garden of Eden while everybody else cannot.
Look, Swamp is completely right. You tried to "correct" someone, and you were wrong. It's a hypocrisy if you call someone out for correcting what you "corrected." Now you're just being an ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom