• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Patting the head always works. :awesome:

But seriously, yea you getting a bit heated for no reason. It is just the damned internet. Don't let it get to you. If you do, you probably won't be living for much longer, due to the internet being so tough it will cause you to suicide. :sick:
Yeah... I have no interest in wasting the only life God has given me... unless I wish to spend the next one regretting my decision to end the past one. I don't mind getting into intellectual debates with others, but sometimes it does get heated, on both sides. It happens. :)

You kinda exploded on someone for their name, despite the fact that there was nothing blatantly wrong with it...that's when you lost my respect.

:crying:

Moving on. What was the previous discussion about?

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I will NOOOT have my courage questioned by the likes of you... I have other things to do sometimes, like school, family, or church. :ohwell:
I actually haven't seen your reason, if you've even stated it, but I don't want to argue. We just got this thread back on track, so don't drive it into the ground again. When you go around naming characters that WILL be cut, the majority of people here won't agree with you. Just let your opinions be that. Opinions. You have many controversial ones, which you willingly voice, but then you play the victim when people turn the heat on you. If you're prepared to make such claims, be prepared to take the flame that comes along with it, or just keep them to yourself.

Reznor

work in progress
Yeah... I have no interest in wasting the only life God has given me... unless I wish to spend the next one regretting my decision to end the past one. I don't mind getting into intellectual debates with others, but sometimes it does get heated, on both sides. It happens. :)
if your a Hindu you get more than one life :awesome:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just for the record:

I know popularity was a big factor in Sonic's inclusion, but I think we'd all do well to look at the third-party inclusions critically rather than just assuming they each got in for one reason and one reason only. Sonic was more than likely put in out of a combination of popularity and Sega's request, considering he was going to be included in Smash long before he was even included on most character polls.
Link to that article about sonic ment for Melee please

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There is no logical reason for Ness or Lucas to go at this point other than possible time restraints.

Even then, we may still see them with DLC.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Are you posting that Avatar to insult me... I'm just wondering.
Oh please, I'm not the kind to use an avatar to piss people off, it's just not worth it as it's just an aesthetic look, and it's from an anime I happen to like alot. If I really cared about putting up avatars to insult people, I'd be wearing a Classic Link avatar. :p

dude its from a anime calm down (a good anime I might add)
Kudos to you. Glad to see people showing love for this anime.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Oh please, I'm not the kind to use an avatar to piss people off, it's just not worth it as it's just an aesthetic look, and it's from an anime I happen to like alot. If I really cared about putting up avatars to insult people, I'd be wearing a Classic Link avatar. :p

Kudos to you. Glad to see people showing love for this anime.
What's the name of this anime? Just curious.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
How do you ignore people? I know I don't post much, but I always read the posts and thedevinedeity is very offensive and I don't wish to see his/her posts.

And anyway, I don't believe either Mother characters will be cut, but I also don't think any will be added.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I have a talking point to discuss:

Will Lucas either stay in the Smash, or be kicked to the curb? Why or why not?

He's most likely not going anywhere. (I'm not saying he's guaranteed to be in but I would be quite surprised if he didn't make it)

He intended to replace Ness in Melee but time issues and delays with Mother 3 prevented that.

The Mother series, and his game especially, has had phenomenal reception universally.

Lucas, as a a character, has much more positive reception than negative even though most of the negative reception (very little as it is) is more geared towards his moveset as opposed to his character. (And in terms of moveset clones there are far worse contenders than Lucas-Ness)

Mother 3, Lucas' game, also had a lot of content featured in Brawl like New Pork City and the boss Porky.

He wasn't one of the lowest priority characters to be included like Wolf, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Sheik. (Correct me if I'm wrong here)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What's the name of this anime? Just curious.
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. An anime with a different visual style than normal that I like to call the South Park of anime, and by that, I mean they like to make fun of alot of current-day things. But don't worry, I consider it better than that of South Park, especially since Christopher Sabat plays an awesome Garterbelt.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have a talking point to discuss:

Will Lucas either stay in the Smash, or be kicked to the curb? Why or why not?
Well, to be perfectly honest, I am sorry for snapping at you quite a few times. Respect is a two way street. And if I ever did anything to make you feel like a lesser human being, I'm really sorry. I kinda snap sometimes. So I hopewe can just start over. Just don't bring up religious or political views on here, then I will call you out on it.

Anyway, to answer question, I feel Lucas has a good chance of returning. Being planned in Melee definitely gives him a boost in priority. Still, its been a good ten years since Melee, more perhaps. But I feel Earthbound will stay as it was in Brawl, with a slim chance of getting a third.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
gonna answer for him its called Panty and Stockings its a anime trying to be like an american cartoon

I just want a second season :sadeyes:
We're accordingly on our way to getting a new season, they were just having some issues with japanese censorship companies or something along those lines, and accordingly we should have our new season starting next year. I just wonder if Scanty's face is going to continue being burnt like it was at the end of the last season.

TheDivineDeity

He's most likely not going anywhere. (I'm not saying he's guaranteed Admitting is the first step to acceptance to be in but I would be quite surprised if he didn't make it)

He intended to replace Ness in Melee but time issues and delays with Mother 3 prevented that. Which destroys the "Original 12" argument altogether...

The Mother series, and his game especially, has had phenomenal reception universally. Why did it BOMB like a KABOOM!!! :salt: KABOOM!!! so badly?

Lucas, as a a character, has much more positive reception than negative even though most of the negative reception (very little as it is) is more geared towards his moveset as opposed to his character. (And in terms of moveset clones there are far worse contenders than Lucas-Ness)

Mother 3, Lucas' game, also had a lot of content featured in Brawl like New Pork City and the boss Porky. Which is the ONLY reason he is in the game - music and stages.

He wasn't one of the lowest priority characters to be included like Wolf, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Sheik. (Correct me if I'm wrong here) You might be wrong here, but I don't know, I can't exactly source this.
By the way... where can I get that picture of Naruto?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I think other characters using NES accesories would fit better.
I don't know how you turned me into divine deity there, but who else is there to use things like that?
9-Volt I guess, but there are other characters in Wario Land / WarioWare that would have more priority over 9-Volt.

Reznor

work in progress
We're accordingly on our way to getting a new season, they were just having some issues with japanese censorship companies or something along those lines, and accordingly we should have our new season starting next year. I just wonder if Scanty's face is going to continue being burnt like it was at the end of the last season.
wait her face got burnt I need to re watch the last episode

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Which destroys the "Original 12" argument altogether...
Not quite sure what you're saying here but if Brawl had just a few less characters Jigglypuff would've been axed. Being in the original 12 wasn't going to save Ness in Melee had Mother 3 came out in time, nor did it do Jigglypuff any favors by being one of the last characters implemented. Hence this is a reason why she had such little influence in Brawl's SSE. But if you're trying to say the original 12 argument holds little water I can agree with that.

Why did it BOMB like a KABOOM!!! :salt: KABOOM!!! so badly?
Sales hardly matters. Ike's games sold terribly and the reception wasn't the greatest compared to other Fire Emblem games in the series yet Ike got a spot before Roy did.

Which is the ONLY reason he is in the game - music and stages.
He got in because Sakurai believed he deserved the spot, heck Sakurai thought he deserved the spot back in Melee. Animal Crossing got a stage and music, yet it didn't get any characters in the final product even though Villager was planned at one point.

You might be wrong here, but I don't know, I can't exactly source this.
I just remember that Toon Link, Jigglypuff, Wolf, and Sheik were among the lowest priority.

Also if you're asking about my avatar that's Owain and Lissa from Fire Emblem Awakening, not Naruto.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. An anime with a different visual style than normal that I like to call the South Park of anime, and by that, I mean they like to make fun of alot of current-day things. But don't worry, I consider it better than that of South Park, especially since Christopher Sabat plays an awesome Garterbelt.
gonna answer for him its called Panty and Stockings its a anime trying to be like an american cartoon.
My friend told me about this! Doesn't she like take her panties off and it turns into a weapon or something?

There is no logical reason for Ness or Lucas to go at this point other than possible time restraints.

Even then, we may still see them with DLC.
DLC is something I'm actually really skeptical about. Sakurai said they have no plans for it at the moment, and development wise, DLC is highly dependent on how the game is designed. Adding characters later without the original ability to do so in the game's data, may prove to be difficult which why I think we'll have things like stages/collectibles as DLC rather than characters, but if we do get them, it probably won't be many.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
*I'm making negative comments about the Earthbound / Mother franchise because it did bad in the states!*
(NOTE: I did not actually say this!)
Listen Deity, you're obviously not thinking about Japan. Japan is what comes first for Smash Brothers and Earthbound / Mother sold very well in Japan and is a beloved franchise in AND out of it (Regardless if you yourself are aware of this or not).

You need to get your head out of the gutter and ask yourself one question, if Earthbound is such a "failure" and "waste of space" in the gaming industry, why would Nintendo FINALLY after YEARS of constant neglection to the Earthbound fanbase outside of Japan release the game worldwide on the virtual console if they didn't see any a potential audience that would want the game.

Now sure, I'm not telling you that you should like the franchise (If you don't, you don't) but I'm telling you that expecting the franchise to be cut completely is not only stupid in itself, but would cause INCREDIBLE backlash.
Essentially imagine Mewtwo and Roy being cut, but only 50 times worse.

EDIT: Also, while this may not be completely relevant to what I just stated. Please keep your religious beliefs to yourself. Everyone has right to believe in what they want to believe in, if you don't like you're going to have to live with it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait...

Diety why are you copying Golden?

Are you trying to be anti-Golden?!?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
My friend told me about this! Doesn't she like take her panties off and it turns into a weapon or something?

DLC is something I'm actually really skeptical about. Sakurai said they have no plans for it at the moment, and development wise, DLC is highly dependent on how the game is designed. Adding characters later without the original ability to do so in the game's data, may prove to be difficult which why I think we'll have things like stages/collectibles as DLC rather than characters, but if we do get them, it probably won't be many.
Somewhat...the main characters, Panty and Stocking, are Angels, and their underwear can transform into weapons. Panty's is a gun called Backlace, and Stocking gains two swords called stripes. The demon sisters, Scanty and Kneesocks, can do the same but with evil weapons. But don't worry, as perverted as it may sound, it's alot more comical than that of sexual, as the animation style shows.

wait her face got burnt I need to re watch the last episode
Yeah it did, not gonna explain it though, it's spoiler heavy for those who haven't seen it. :p

TheDivineDeity

Listen Deity, you're obviously not thinking about Japan. Japan is what comes first for Smash Brothers Two wrongs don't make a right and Earthbound / Mother sold very well in Japan and is a beloved franchise in AND out of it (Regardless (Irregardless, you mean to say) if you yourself are aware of this or not).

You need to get your head out of the gutter and ask yourself one question, if Earthbound is such a "failure" and "waste of space" in the gaming industry, why would Nintendo FINALLY after YEARS of constant neglection I wonder why to the Earthbound fanbase outside of Japan release the game worldwide on the virtual console if they didn't see any a potential audience that would want the game.

Now sure, I'm not telling you that you should like the franchise (If you don't, you don't) but I'm telling you that expecting the franchise to be cut completely is not only stupid in itself, but would cause INCREDIBLE backlash. Arguments for this assumption... why of course. None!
Essentially imagine Mewtwo and Roy being cut, but over 50 times worse.
From what, a small niche community? I understand Mewtwo and Roy, because they have HUGE fanbases, but still... comparing Earthbound to Pokemon? That's a bit of a stretch...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait...

Are you seriously saying that Roy has a big fanbase outside of smash? Bigger than the Mother series?!?!

Lol. You ignant (yes that was mispelled on purpose before you tear into me because of that) Do some research.

The twist is that Diety is Golden's second account.
I'm starting to think he is an alt.

TheDivineDeity

Wait...

Are you seriously saying that Roy has a big fanbase outside of smash? Bigger than the Mother series?!?! NEVER said that. I said POKEMON, NOT FIRE EMBLEM, BUT POKEMON has a larger fanbase..... Stop quoting me out of context.

Lol. You dumb. Do some research. Again with the insults...

HUH?!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wait...

Are you seriously saying that Roy has a big fanbase outside of smash? Bigger than the Mother series?!?!

Lol. You ignant (yes that was mispelled on purpose before you tear into me because of that) Do some research.

That makes no sense...Golden doesn't start needless arguments and is basically a great debater. If anything, he's trying to be the anti-Golden...which I think he's doing wrong. His avatar should be a Suicune. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom