• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I just hate characters playable twice.

This goes for all of them, Link-Toon Link, Mario-Paper Mario, Ryu-Evil Ryu, Cole-Evil Cole, Ben 10-Young Ben 10, Rabbid-NinjaRabbid-SplinterRabbid, etc.
I don't see why we have to represent the very same character more than once. Even if their playstyles are different. (Let's also add: Mario&Luigi Mario, Meroid Prime Samus, Pokemon Mistery Dungeon Pikachu, Classic Sonic, Megaman Starforce, Cel-Shaded Donkey Kong from Jungle Beat, Retro Donkey Kong...

Well you get the idea by now. XD
Alternate playstyle = not a very good reason IMHO.

*rant over*
*Activate flame shield*
*Activate flame shield again*
*Casts Life 3*
*Casts Wall*
*Casts Regen*
*Runs away safely*
How is Paper Mario, Mario twice! He's NOTHING like him in the slightest! Paper Mario is the most logical Mario rep if you ask me and should have been there since Melee. Did you even see my move set???
(How do you put spoilers on?)

Special Animations:

Entrance: Unfolds
Jump 1: Normal jump animation
Jump 2-5: Parakarry
Mid-Air Dodge: Bow
Rolling Animation: Vivian. Takes Mario underground and comes back up where his roll animation would end.
Swimming: Sushie OR Paper Boat
Sheild: When using sheild, Mario ducks pulling his hat over his head as he does in the game.
Duck: Folds himself
Holding Item: Paper Mario is the first character to hold an item above his head in traditional video game fashion.
Grab: Uses the Pixl; Thoreu. This is a long range grab.
Holding Jump in Mid-air: This turns Paper Mario into an Airplane.

Actual Moves:

A: Punch
AA: Punch, Punch
AAA: Punch, Punch, Hammer

F-tilt: Flip Flop Sticker
D-tilt: Tanooki Tail Sticker
U-tilt: Spiny Hat Sticker

U-throw: Uses Thoreu to throw character upwards.
D-throw: Throws character down and rolls up into a tube form, then proceeds to grind back and forth on the character.
F-throw: Hits the character sideways with a hammer.

N-air: Crumples up into ball just like Wolf & Sonic's N-Air attack.
U-air: Boomer. This Pixl explodes
F-air: Watt. Mario Holds out Watt and he shocks characters obviously
D-air: Spinning Ground Pound

Running attack: Trips and falls. (Same animation used when entering a battle in the first Paper Mario)

U-smash: Fire Flower Sticker. Charge it and Fireballs spit out the top of the flower.
D-smash: Bombette. The longer you charge, the further Bombette walks.
F-smash: Slap Hammer, charging this makes Mario do a spin attack with his hammer.

Neutral-B: Hammer. You charge this attack, if you charge it too long, the head falls off causing only 1% damage. The head can be picked up and thrown as an item.
Forward-B: HurlHammer (BaaHammer, BurnHammer, ChillHammer) A different Hammer is thrown each time, the BaaHammer making you fall asleep, The ChillHammer freezes you, and the BurnHammer burns you.
Down-B: Kooper/Koops. Works as it does in game. You kick the shell and it comes back to you, Like the game it does not fall of cliffs and it can pick up items.
Up-B: Barry. This Pixl creates a Spiky Barrier around Paper Mario. This move is limited and must be charged similar to R.O.B.'s beam and Wario's Fart.

U-Taunt: Kersti
D-Taunt: Focus
F-Taunt: Appeal
Special Taunt: Goombette comes out and does an analysis of the opponent just like Fox, Falco, and Snake.

FINAL SMASH: Star Spirits

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Ugh... I just went on a day long hike, I'm SO exhausted. So, everyone excited for the next pictures and possibly the next character?
It depends on whether we're getting anything at Vidcon. I expect the monthly veteran reveal next week, but possible newcomer reveals at vidcon not too long after. I expect Little Mac and a Fire Emblem character to be the ones announced, especially since it'd get the speculation of that boxing ring being anything BUT a Punch-Out stage out of the way, and the Fire Emblem stage on the 3DS would finally have an heir...probably being Chrom. Also, what I'd like first is to see the Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager on the 3DS.

Toad deserves to be in Smash before Paper Mario.
I have no problem with Toad, but he just seems like such an underwhelming character. He's not as important to the plot of games as Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, he's just the side-helper who is often good for nothing.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It depends on whether we're getting anything at Vidcon. I expect the monthly veteran reveal next week, but possible newcomer reveals at vidcon not too long after. I expect Little Mac and a Fire Emblem character to be the ones announced, especially since it'd get the speculation of that boxing ring being anything BUT a Punch-Out stage out of the way, and the Fire Emblem stage on the 3DS would finally have an heir...probably being Chrom. Also, what I'd like first is to see the Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager on the 3DS.
Wait, whens Vidcon?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
All this said, I don't see how these facts can add to or deduct from their chances other than having them be obvious targets for low priority.
I don't think you were present during the Toon Link discussion and why he's important to Zelda fans AND Sakurai. Making his priority bigger than any old average person would assume at first.

Toad deserves to be in Smash before Paper Mario.
He works better as part of Peach. I think Paper Mario deserves it more because of his potential.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's not about moveset for me. If anything, the fact it's not a clone adds insult to injury for me.
(As in, a quick clone would be the perfect excuse to include a duplicate character into the roster...)

I don't need another Mario face in the roster. That creativity that can be implemented into Mario, could easily go to another hero probably gathering dust somewhere in the corner of Nintendo's mind. Who ultimately, if lucky, gets in as an Assist Trophy... because of Mario #2.

Mario does NOT need this. If anything, change his side+B CAPE for the HAMMER for regular Mario, allowing it to function the same way, except stronger, and that would be a nod to both Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi.

I never frown upon ANY character suggestion. Not one.

But dupli-characters is my Achilles heel. I just don't like them, and I can't do a thing about it.

My views are strong in this matter. So take me to the stake, or the gallows. But I'll never accept duplichars. Not even budging on this, sorry. :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's not about moveset for me. If anything, the fact it's not a clone adds insult to injury for me.
(As in, a quick clone would be the perfect excuse to include a duplicate character into the roster...)

I don't need another Mario face in the roster. That creativity that can be implemented into Mario, could easily go to another hero probably gathering dust somewhere in the corner of Nintendo's mind. Who ultimately, if lucky, gets in as an Assist Trophy... because of Mario #2.

Mario does NOT need this. If anything, change his side+B CAPE for the HAMMER for regular Mario, allowing it to function the same way, except stronger, and that would be a nod to both Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi.

I never frown upon ANY character suggestion. Not one.

But dupli-characters is my Achilles heel. I just don't like them, and I can't do a thing about it.

My views are strong in this matter. So take me to the stake, or the gallows. But I'll never accept duplichars. Not even budging on this, sorry. :p
WELL, THEN!!!!! :c

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Having duplicates for characters in roster games is a fantastic idea. Just as long as you don't over do it like Melee.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alright, so Konami. Who's the most likely?

SNAKE:
+No cuts
/Favor to Kojima might have been considered fulfilled.
-Konami might want to represent a franchise that WILL be on Nintendo.

CASTLEVANIA CHARACTER:
+Castlavania has a huge history with Nintendo. Company with most exclusive Castlevania games.
-Not enough demand?

BOMBERMAN:
+Pretty popular character
-Konami ego getting in the way.

BILL RIZER:
+Because why the heck not?
... JK
-Guns
-Guns
-Guns

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Having duplicates for characters in roster games is a fantastic idea. Just as long as you don't over do it like Melee.

Right! Let's name them now: Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Young Link, Falco, Ganondorf, & Luigi (to some extent)........a little overboard there Sakurai.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
BOMBERMAN:
+Pretty popular character
-Konami ego getting in the way.
Mostly just gets in the way of people predicting him. They're piss scared because he's owned by Konami.

Right! Let's name them now: Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Young Link, Falco, Ganondorf, & Luigi (to some extent)........a little overboard there Sakurai.
I meant personas, not clones.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Alright, so Konami. Who's the most likely?
CASTLEVANIA CHARACTER:
+Castlavania has a huge history with Nintendo. Company with most exclusive Castlevania games.
-Not enough demand?
I dunno, I think Castlevanis has a decent amount of demand, it just seems to be over shadowed by the people who are absolutly against cuts and would rather see Snake return.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I dunno, I think Castlevanis has a decent amount of demand, it just seems to be over shadowed by the people who are absolutly against cuts and would rather see Snake return.
Same as Bomberman. Difference is I think the character Bomberman is more iconic then Simon Belmont.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
[quote="SaturnGamer64, post: 15751567, member: 220470"I meant personas, not clones.[/quote]

I know, I just felt like naming all the clones

Alright Wise Guy, why do you think Bomberman is more iconic than Simon Belmont?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My perfect konami rep would be...

... oh right... 4th party... (and published by Activision now)

Anyway, I rather see a Newcomer. Unless that veteran was Pokemon Trainer to put all the restlessness... to rest. :[

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
[quote="kingmario92, post: 15751579, member: 177861"Alright Wise Guy, why do you think Bomberman is more iconic than Simon Belmont?[/quote]

Iconic doesn't mean better. Who's better is just an opinion. I'm saying the character is more well known.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Same as Bomberman. Difference is I think the character Bomberman is more iconic then Simon Belmont.
Look, maybe if Hudson was still their own company, yes, he'd be more important to add than that of a Konami character. But he isn't, his company was bought out by Konami and has done nothing with him during said time-frame of purchasing Hudson. Bomberman is not Konami's mascot, he's not important to Konami, if Konami was given another chance to get a rep other than Snake, they wouldn't use Bomberman, they'd use Simon Belmont or a character from their next most popular franchise, Castlevania. To Konami, Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania are the most important franchises out there, Bomberman doesn't even come close. So yes, maybe he's more iconic, maybe he's more popular, but in the state Bomberman is in with Konami right now, there's no way in heck they'd choose him over one of their own created mascots, AKA Snake and Simon.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
[quote="kingmario92, post: 15751579, member: 177861"Alright Wise Guy, why do you think Bomberman is more iconic than Simon Belmont?

Iconic doesn't mean better. Who's better is just an opinion. I'm saying the character is more well known.[/quote]

That's what I meant to say. My bad.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Bomberman is more well known than Snake?

I really find that hard to believe. You got a source on ya?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Simon Belmont would be perfect for Smash! I wish more people supported Simon Belmont instead of clinging onto Snake like a security blanket for dear life because they have sicosnipophobia. We could have had Pit, Mega Man, and Simon Belmont together by now.

I guess Snake will be the closest thing we have to Simon Belmont since he dresses similarly to Simon from Captain N.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
I am SO TIRED of not only being consistently insulted, but also emotionally, mentally, and almost physically assaulted by this horde of atheistic hounds, asshole high-borns, and apathetic hyenas. :glare: I DESERVE BETTER TREATMENT! From all of you! NOT ONCE has anybody ever welcomed me with open arms, or even hugs and kisses, not that I'm asking for it, but again, NOT ONCE has ANYBODY showed me RESPECT AND DIGNITY that I DESERVE, as does anybody else under the blue skies and green Earth of GOD. Fine then. :urg: NO MORE! Because from now on... I'm on my own. I don't give a DAAAAAMN what anybody else thinks of me. I've been too much of a nice guy, I've been too much lazy and careless on what other people think of myself, I've been too much of a kind and gentle person with a kind and gentle heart. NOW COLD AND STEEL! Well, no more. From now on, I'm on my own. :glare:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I am SO TIRED of not only being consistently insulted, but also emotionally, mentally, and almost physically assaulted by this horde of atheistic hounds, ******* high-borns, and apathetic hyenas. :glare: I DESERVE BETTER TREATMENT! From all of you! NOT ONCE has anybody ever welcomed me with open arms, or even hugs and kisses, not that I'm asking for it, but again, NOT ONCE has ANYBODY showed me RESPECT AND DIGNITY that I DESERVE, as does anybody else under the blue skies and green Earth of GOD. Fine then. :urg: NO MORE! Because from now on... I'm on my own. I don't give a DAAAAAMN what anybody else thinks of me. I've been too much of a nice guy, I've been too much lazy and careless on what other people think of myself, I've been too much of a kind and gentle person with a kind and gentle heart. NOW COLD AND STEEL! Well, no more. From now on, I'm on my own. :glare:
You were being a bit of a jerk.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I am SO TIRED of not only being consistently insulted, but also emotionally, mentally, and almost physically assaulted by this horde of atheistic hounds, ******* high-borns, and apathetic hyenas. :glare: I DESERVE BETTER TREATMENT! From all of you! NOT ONCE has anybody ever welcomed me with open arms, or even hugs and kisses, not that I'm asking for it, but again, NOT ONCE has ANYBODY showed me RESPECT AND DIGNITY that I DESERVE, as does anybody else under the blue skies and green Earth of GOD. Fine then. :urg: NO MORE! Because from now on... I'm on my own. I don't give a DAAAAAMN what anybody else thinks of me. I've been too much of a nice guy, I've been too much lazy and careless on what other people think of myself, I've been too much of a kind and gentle person with a kind and gentle heart. NOW COLD AND STEEL! Well, no more. From now on, I'm on my own. :glare:

TheDivineDeity

If we go by the game's data, Lucas is one of the higher priority newcomers, not to mention being a starter character. Lucas is not a clone. All of his normals are completely different, that being said, thought was put into Lucas as all his normals were intended to look like his attack from Mother 3. Going by your logic, Falco and Luigi should be cut as well. Explain these examples you gave, and why Lucas is lower priority than Snake, a third party inclusion? You must misunderstand what priority actually means in smash if you believe this is the case. What makes Lucas' priority lower than these characters anyway? You've yet to explain. I've already gave my reasons, but NOBODY is either listening to them or just ignoring them. Lucas seems to much like an afterthought, based on game data pertaining to his cloned moveset, conceptual elements, and the irrefutable fact he was only brought in by 1) an angry mob of sycophantic supporters and 2) to bring in Earthbound 3 music and stages (which I thought were awesome... and apparantly so did Sakurai). Besides, Falco and Luigi are different - Falco is Fox's right-hand man while :estatic: LUIGI IS LUIGI :estatic: so that means Lucas is like Ike and Lucario in terms of replacement characters OR temporary side characters at the time.

EDIT: He seems to unintentionally cause trouble, then flee the scene once he's seen the mess he's made.:glare:
I will NOOOT have my courage questioned by the likes of you... I have other things to do sometimes, like school, family, or church. :ohwell:

You were being a bit of a jerk.
:confused: Arguments? DO you have any... arguments for this assumption...? No? No, you don't? :confused: Of course not. I just simply don't fit in with the mainstream group-think society of these forums, considering GoldenYu and Habanero's political maneuverings to scapegoat me into every problem that's caused (whether or not with me involved) in these forums. I'm tired of being burned at the stake for this (hence... MY AVATAR :urg: ).

mimgrim

Smash Hero
*pats head* There there boy calm down now. Everything will be alright. It's just the internet, no need to get so upset.

TheDivineDeity

*pats head* There there boy calm down now. Everything will be alright. It's just the internet, no need to get so upset.
... You're right about that... wheeeeew... :urg: ... I'm getting pretty heated up over nothing, huh?

maybe deity's issue with mother is that it involves prayer to someone other than god
Who... are.. you? :confused:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
:confused: Arguments? DO you have any... arguments for this assumption...? No? No, you don't? :confused: Of course not. I just simply don't fit in with the mainstream group-think society of these forums, considering GoldenYu and Habanero's political maneuverings to scapegoat me into every problem that's caused (whether or not with me involved) in these forums. I'm tired of being burned at the stake for this (hence... MY AVATAR :urg: ).
You kinda exploded on someone for their name, despite the fact that there was nothing blatantly wrong with it...that's when you lost my respect.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
... You're right about that... wheeeeew... :urg: ... I'm getting pretty heated up over nothing, huh?
Patting the head always works. :awesome:

But seriously, yea you getting a bit heated for no reason. It is just the damned internet. Don't let it get to you. If you do, you probably won't be living for much longer, due to the internet being so tough it will cause you to suicide. :sick:

TheDivineDeity

You're right about that, however it is a hypocritical statement for you to make

Speaking of which:

Will you stop being a jerk and quit acting like you're Sakurai. EVERYBODY HERE acts like Sakurai, what with predictions of newcomers, who will or won't be cut, what stages and music will be in the game, blah blah blah etc etc etc... You have no basis for Lucas getting cut other then you're own ignorance on the status of EarthBound's love (?) and impact (?). P****s Penis? Pisses? people off when somebody with such a terrible roster You said you liked it! :urg: goes around acting like he knows what's going to happen when he clearly has nothing good to back it up. And fails everybody for being logical. I don't understand.

You have nothing to prove Lucas would ever be considered for removal besides your own preference and bias.
I gave my reasons, you and everybody else just either ignore it or pretend I didn't say anything. :ohwell:

There's no hope for you Says you and everybody's HERO OF ALL TIME GoldenYu... :glare:

THE ULTIMATE DIVINE DEITY EXCUSE: If you agree with a character that I don't like, it's because you're a fanboy and anything you say to promote a character is bias because you're a fanboy!
THE ULTIMATE SATURNGAMER64 EXCUSE: If you agree with anything TheDivineDeity says, it's because you're a fanboy and anything you agree with TheDivineDeity is bias because you're a fanboy. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom