• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
No no no...there's only one real worst pokemon...

Stupid letters...although it's kind of funny when you catch certain letters to spell words and/or use them on your seals in gen 4. :3

By worst, I mean in terms of stats. Unknown's stats are better than Sunkern's...but not by much at all. Unknown I agree is a piece of s***.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Actually, there's a good number of people who wouldn't care if they just had all veterans, Snakey's topic even shown that a good chunk of the Japanese fanbase would prefer no newcomers if they just got Mewtwo and Roy.

Anyway, the Pokémon company may ask him to include Genesect, that's the key word here, may. You have to take into consideration that just because it's in the movie that it may not be enough on its own, there are other factors and choices to consider and that may shoot it down for other candidates or just even Mewtwo. Genesect is a possibility, not a probability or certainty, that's really all I'm saying.
People need to stop saying the movie is Genesect's only reason. My Bull**** radar is off the charts. More so than when people say Starfy won't get in based on Sakurai's own personal preference.

• Toon Link seems very unlikely to me, since he appears in the background of the Spirit Tracks stage. You could argue that Wind Waker Link is different, but I'd still say it'd be pretty confusing. The only way I'd see Toon Link in is if he's exclusive to the Wii U Smash (because of the new HD remake) and Classic Link would just be exclusive for 3DS (because of A Link Between Worlds)
  • I know next to nothing about Sin and Punishment. Is Isa from the most recent game? I was under the impression that Saki was sort of the "face" of the series, like Marth and Ness. Is that a wrong assumption?
  • Bomberman hasn't had a game on a Nintendo system in years, and even beyond that has been pretty inactive for the past couple years on any system. Namco is helping make the game, and Pac-Man is their mascot. Plus, Pac-Man has actually been on more Nintendo systems in recent years, and in addition has actually been in a crossover with Nintendo before. He seems more logical to me.
  • Toon Link has everything Classic Link has + more, he also differs more in design and most people want him. Also there are no console exclusive characters, only stages. A Link Between Worlds isn't a reason to have Classic Link to be honest.
  • Yes, because she only appeared in one game, the only excuse to use is that she was an assist trophy, which is not an excuse.
  • Bomberman 2 and Bomberman Blitz came out on DS in 2008-2009 and there were also the Bomberman Land games which were a hit, maybe more so than Pac-Man Party. But, let's just forget Bomberman being one of the most iconic third-parties with the most affiliation with Nintendo because he didn't have a game for a couple years. This is because of his buyout, Bomberman had a cancelled title on 3DS ya know. You might as well deny he ever existed if that's your reason. Not having a game for a while doesn't erase video game characters off the face of the earth.
  • Bomberman had several cross overs with Wario and comics, where as Pac-Man was in an obscure arcade game. Sakurai already stated Namco characters aren't getting any special treatment, so it's likely we won't get Pac-Man.

D

Deleted member

...Why does nobody ever give him recognition and vote for him in Smash Bros again? No seriously, why does almost everyone forget about Deathborne?
4 words: Falcon Densetsu Black Shadow.

Pretty much made GX Deathborne look like a wimp in comparison.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
But doesn't Pichu have worst health , defense AND special defense?

HP: 20
Attack: 40
Defense: 15
Special Attack: 35
Special Defense: 35
Speed: 60
Total: 205

Pichu has worse health and defense than Sunkern & Metapod, but has better special defense. Pichu has the same stat total as Metapod, and more than Sunkern (God I'm a nerd!)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, since I just thought of this...people speculate that Pichu and Roy will probably be coming back as DLC fighters thanks to DLC is being considered but is not planned at any point yet. What if it wasn't Pichu...but instead...this...

Or the Pichu Bros...

Or something that wouldn't make Pichu look so goddamn worthless...

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I'm just saying that because I think because of that you can easily one-shot him.
make sure he knows Volt Tackle. his speed is pretty decent as far as pokemon within its level range are concerned. Sunkern just has overall the worst stats of any pokemon with literally no benefits

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
People need to stop saying the movie is Genesect's only reason. My Bull**** radar is off the charts. More so than when people say Starfy won't get in based on Sakurai's own personal preference.
I'm not doubting it didn't have popularity before, hell I'm part of that group that loved it from the beginning and I would like it in SSB4, my thing is what you're giving as points for being very likely doesn't prove it on its own. Popularity doesn't equal a spot, Ridley, Little Mac, King K. Rool and other characters can attest to that (much to my dismay) and again, the movie's not enough on its own, Pokémon like Deoxys can attest to that. I'm not saying it's impossible for it to get in, quite the opposite but I think you're letting your personal bias affect how likely the character may be.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Well, since I just thought of this...people speculate that Pichu and Roy will probably be coming back as DLC fighters thanks to DLC is being considered but is not planned at any point yet. What if it wasn't Pichu...but instead...this...

Or the Pichu Bros...

Or something that wouldn't make Pichu look so goddamn worthless...

Cause two Pichus' are better than one, right?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm not doubting it didn't have popularity before, hell I'm part of that group that loved it from the beginning and I would like it in SSB4, my thing is what you're giving as points for being very likely doesn't prove it on its own. Popularity doesn't equal a spot, Ridley, Little Mac, King K. Rool and other characters can attest to that (much to my dismay) and again, the movie's not enough on its own, Pokémon like Deoxys can attest to that. Those two factors even together don't make it very likely, they make it a possibility, one that I'd like to happen but may not. That's really the gist of what I'm trying to say, I'm not saying it's impossible for it to get in but I think you're letting your personal bias affect how likely the character may be.
Well, I haven't stated anything so far that doesn't attribute to Genesect. Also Deoxys is not the same thing as Genesect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not even sure if he was as popular during his time.

If Pichu is DLC that better be his Final Smash!

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Well, it's double the power, so I guess so. :p

Anything to make him 10x better than he was in Melee I'll say that much :grin:

Well, I haven't stated anything so far that doesn't attribute to Genesect. Also Deoxys is not the same thing as Genesect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not even sure if he was as popular during his time.
We get it, your in love with Genesect. Keep your fetishes to yoself boy. :crazy:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know everyone is saying mewtwo is going to get in because of the movie and not genesect and genesect can represent 5th gen heres what I want to know

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
4 words: Falcon Densetsu Black Shadow.

Pretty much made GX Deathborne look like a wimp in comparison.
Is than an anime or a Manga? And even if it was the case of a new character being added, they'd most likely reflect the design/personality of the character from the videogame than the anime/manga.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I just don't even.....Bomberman doesn't even come close to Pacman in terms of how iconic they are, and again not close with relation to Nintendo. Plus the fact that he is owned by Konami now, (The fact you so steadily ignore) means he's basically disconfirmed.
Plus if your reason for having him is that you cut Snake, it still doesn't work. The creator of MGS specifically came to Sakurai, not Konami as a company. He has no reason to include any 3rd party character from Konami other than Solid Snake.

And your Genesect points are seeping with bias, I'm not even gonna start.
(Your Bomberman reasons where as well, but I'm more passionate about Pacman.)

I'm for Genesect btw, I'd even like the red one, so as to represent a pokemon villain

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Deoxys was popular as a Pokémon itself but I don't remember too much from back in the Brawl days in terms of wanting the character since I only lurked, all I know is that it did have at least a small following for it getting in before the Pokeball update hit.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Oooh I think someone posted a vid of this mod before but this vid shows more of what Genesect could look like in smash:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I know everyone is saying mewtwo is going to get in because of the movie and not genesect and genesect can represent 5th gen heres what I want to know
Well that's a tricky situation. From what I can tell, there's five big pokemon right now when it comes to marketing/popularity that are the big deal of the Pokemon world.

1.) Mewtwo
2.) Eevee
3.) Genesect
4.) Lucario
5.) Zoroark

I'd say it's generally in that order as well. Mewtwo is the big thing because of the movie role, the big amount of merchandise circled around it and more, Eevee is big in the anime right now, is big in advertisement for the game and other media, and alot of merchandise, Genesect is being marketed with the new movie, partially marketed in other media and slightly seen in the marketing trailers for X/Y as well as Black 2/White 2 still being fairly recent, Lucario is used slightly in marketing other sources of media and the new games, and Zoroark is being used as one of the pokemon seen in the new pokemon game and more, including the fairly recent Black 2/White 2. But in short, it depends if Sakurai is looking to actually use two reps from the new movie, although I think Mewtwo means more than that.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Deoxys was popular as a Pokémon itself but I don't remember too much from back in the Brawl days in terms of wanting the character since I only lurked, all I know is that it did have at least a small following for it getting in before the Pokeball update hit.
Yeah, I remember quite a few people including myself that were upset the day he was confirmed as a pokeball pokemon.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That's what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that's a tricky situation. From what I can tell, there's five big pokemon right now when it comes to marketing/popularity that are the big deal of the Pokemon world.

1.) Mewtwo
2.) Eevee
3.) Genesect
4.) Lucario
5.) Zoroark

I'd say it's generally in that order as well. Mewtwo is the big thing because of the movie role, the big amount of merchandise circled around it and more, Eevee is big in the anime right now, is big in advertisement for the game and other media, and alot of merchandise, Genesect is being marketed with the new movie, partially marketed in other media and slightly seen in the marketing trailers for X/Y as well as Black 2/White 2 still being fairly recent, Lucario is used slightly in marketing other sources of media and the new games, and Zoroark is being used as one of the pokemon seen in the new pokemon game and more, including the fairly recent Black 2/White 2. But in short, it depends if Sakurai is looking to actually use two reps from the new movie, although I think Mewtwo means more than that.
You can easily knock off Eevee and Zoroark, ESPECIALLY Zoroark.

A roster of mine that has realistic choices but overall isnt a realistic roster due to so many characters but this is what I want anyways.

• I like the addition of Lyn, she's got reasons to be in Smash
  • Get rid of Demise cuz that's never happening
  • Porky is actually a good idea, but I have my doubts.
  • Replace Saki with Isa
  • Replace Blue with Genesect. 2 Pokemon Trainer's is a common used idea of mine, but if you have 6 Pokemon, 2 of which include 3, that's too many. I doubt we're going to get 6 anyway.
  • I'd get rid of Krystal
  • 3 F-Zero reps is too much of a stretch, same for Metroid, and we don't need Dark Samus for any reason. Make Dark Samus a pallete swap. Also we may not get Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh because of Ganondorf and Takamaru.
  • I had 4 Fire Emblem reps yesterday, but I switiched it to 3
  • Diddy + Dixie is unnecessary
  • Still think Shadow Mario should be removed
  • Waluigi is skeptical as he would only work as a Mario character, and I'm against 5 Zelda reps and 6 Pokemon/Mario reps.
  • Add Starfy and maybe Chrom

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Let's talk about Mimgrim's idea to have a multi-gen Pokemon Trainer, should that happen? Or more so: Will it happen?

After that let's talk about Porkey.

Reznor

work in progress
Let's talk about Mimgrim's idea to have a multi-gen Pokemon Trainer, should that happen? Or more so: Will it happen?

multigen probably won't happen but it would be cool as long as we get totodile

I think Earthbound has a good amount of characters but I'm not really a Earthbound guy

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also we may not get Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh because of Ganondorf and Takamaru
Calling bull on this. Goroh and Takamaru have much different swordplay. While Takamaru has a more precise and refined style, along with numerous projectiles, Goroh has a more hack-and-slash reckless style.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Call me mimgrim please, I have my name non-capatalized on purpose. it is a pet peeve of mine. lol

You already know I think it should happen. As for will it happen? I think it is 50/50, as the can't jsut copy and paste the code for original PT from Brawl and will thus have to creat him from scratch meaning they could take the opritunity to change him up a bit and make him multi-gen.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Calling bull on this. Goroh and Takamaru have much different swordplay. While Takamaru has a more precise and refined style, along with numerous projectiles, Goroh has a more hack-and-slash reckless style.
Yes, we all know. Somebody mentions it everytime. This doesn't mean they're exactly the same, but they're a bit similar. And shouldn't your defense be that Takamaru could use Shurikens, stealth, and mystical samurai powers, instead of different sword wielding directions or speed? Different direction and speed is the kind of stuff given to clones. And what specialties does Goroh have besides his sword that would differ him from Marth, Ike, Chrom, and Takamaru? What I'm saying is it's kind of senseless to have a both in the same way it'd be senseless to have Zoroark with Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom