• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Why? Because it's design inspired this...? :p

It's mostly the way serpents have been absorbed into the concept of what a dragon is due to modern interpretation becoming more encompassing. Also it doesn't help that serpents have been dragons before (Ladon and the Cadmus monster in Greek Myth for instance) so because of that serpents like Orochi can be considered dragons, not always but that is how interpretation can be taken.

And I love Hydreigon, such a cool concept.

I can totally see those wings they're over... Oh wait.
Asian Dragons.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
But does it have legs...? :p
Typically no but that's never been a restriction either, Ladon in Greek Myth didn't have legs either and it's considered a dragon and lets not get into how many dinosaurs have been considered dragons themselves in either myth or modern interpretation. :p

that's honestly one of my least favorite dragon types after Altaria and Druddigon
What's wrong with Druddigon? :(

D

Deleted member

People still think Charizard is a dragon? People, that's the wrong mythical lizard.

Charizard is a salamander (the legendary creature, not the real world amphibian under the same name).

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Can we not talk about dragons and Batman?

View attachment 1788

My roster, now with pictures and some edits/cuts.

Limited myself to 45, so I think it's pretty realistic.
I doubt we'll get Isaac, Shulk, and Saki. I'd say take two of them out and put back R.O.B. and the Ice Climbers, those two cuts were the only ones unnecessary. And if there was to be a second Link, I still think it will be Toon Link, he's the most important "second" Link.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
with Altaria for me, it's that its a dragon type at all. hell the thing its based off of, a Peng, is just a bird. not a dragon. i wouldnt mind so much if it wasnt a dragon type
Personally I find that to be a humorous thing, but eh. I have an odd sense of humor. :laugh: Mainly because you usually think of dragons as big and menacing, but then you see Altaria.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
No, they're primarily pushing Mewtwo, Genesect's second to him (ok, her) but it's pretty obvious who their marketing darling is right now and who they'd pick if it came down to it first. Really, you seem to be overestimating Genesect's popularity, it's not nearly to the level of Mewtwo, Pikachu, Jigglypuff or even Lucario, especially at their primes.

And yet Lucario has been pushed even after his generation is over and still holds on to a strong, dedicated fanbase. That's popularity, if Genesect does the same then all the power to him but right now he doesn't compare to Lucario at his prime and we don't know how the future will affect his popularity.
These are all good reasons not to replace them with Genesect (except JigglyPuff) but, not good reasons not to include Genesect. He's likely gonna be playable in some way. And again an all veteran Pokemon roster is going to disappoint a lot of people. You can't be entirely sure they are gonna do that. The best case scenario isn't always the best choice scenario, even Mewtwo didn't make it to the finished product. It's very likely Pokemon Company has already tried to influence Sakurai to add Genesect.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Depends on the dragons.

Nagas (Indian Dragons) can be known to have no legs. The Lindworm ( Scandinavian & Germanic dragons) can be know to have no legs. It ain't required. ._.
OK then so basically then what you're giving me is that there is some specific confusing requirement to what makes a serpent and what isn't. So basically if it's called a serpent then IT'S A GODAMN SERPENT K? I may be the uneducated dumbass in this situation but this isn't an important topic at all :p

Flying walrus

Smash Rookie
Why were ROB and the Ice Climbers cut? That doesn't make any sense. And I don't think Snake, Wolf, or Lucario should be cut either, but the other two are inexcusable.
Ah...I knew I forgot someone.

With Ice Climbers that's 46. I don't think R.O.B.'s coming back. Besides the fact that he's a unique character I don't think he has much going for him. I'm surprised he made it into Brawl, but I don't see him going any further. Just my opinion.

I've already explained why not in another post, but if you want me to elaborate more, I will.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
OK then so basically then what you're giving me is that there is some specific confusing requirement to what makes a serpent and what isn't. So basically if it's called a serpent then IT'S A GODAMN SERPENT K? I may be the uneducated ******* in this situation but this isn't an important topic at all :p
It is simple as to what a serpent can be, you have the sea-serpent which lives in the water and the serpent that is a giant snake and should be unable to fly (wings are unimportant in this as there are dragons designed without wings that can fly.). Also no topic in this thread is important, this thread isn't even important, heck this site isn't even important. It's a way to pass time. But I gotta get off the comp anyway. ._.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
It is simple as to what a serpent can be, you have the sea-serpent which lives in the water and the serpent that is a giant snake and should be unable to fly (wings are unimportant in this as there are dragons designed without wings that can fly.). Also no topic in this thread is important, this thread isn't even important, heck this site isn't even important. It's a way to pass time. But I gotta get off the comp anyway. ._.
OK maybe it's a worthwhile discussion topic but a stupid thing to have an argument about XD

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Can we talk about something? I looked up Super Smash Bros. news on Google and there was a GameFaqs article about a developer direct. I got excited, clicked on it. It was the Direct from E3, and I got so pissed. It took them a month and a half to post the Developer Direct? Really?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
These are all good reasons not to replace them with Genesect (except JigglyPuff) but, not good reasons not to include Genesect. He's likely gonna be playable in some way. And again an all veteran Pokemon roster is going to disappoint a lot of people. You can't be entirely sure they are gonna do that. The best case scenario isn't always the best choice scenario, even Mewtwo didn't make it to the finished product. It's very likely Pokemon Company has already tried to influence Sakurai to add Genesect.
Actually, there's a good number of people who wouldn't care if they just had all veterans, Snakey's topic even shown that a good chunk of the Japanese fanbase would prefer no newcomers if they just got Mewtwo and Roy.

Anyway, the Pokémon company may ask him to include Genesect, that's the key word here, may. You have to take into consideration that just because it's in the movie that it may not be enough on its own, there are other factors and choices to consider and that may shoot it down for other candidates or just even Mewtwo. Genesect is a possibility, not a probability or certainty, that's really all I'm saying.

Flying walrus

Smash Rookie
  • Replace Classic Link with Toon Link. There's no reason to have him over Toon Link besides Muh recency.
  • Replace Saki with Isa.
  • If you don't have Snake, Bomberman is the logical choice before Pac-Man.
  • Toon Link seems very unlikely to me, since he appears in the background of the Spirit Tracks stage. You could argue that Wind Waker Link is different, but I'd still say it'd be pretty confusing. The only way I'd see Toon Link in is if he's exclusive to the Wii U Smash (because of the new HD remake) and Classic Link would just be exclusive for 3DS (because of A Link Between Worlds)
  • I know next to nothing about Sin and Punishment. Is Isa from the most recent game? I was under the impression that Saki was sort of the "face" of the series, like Marth and Ness. Is that a wrong assumption?
  • Bomberman hasn't had a game on a Nintendo system in years, and even beyond that has been pretty inactive for the past couple years on any system. Namco is helping make the game, and Pac-Man is their mascot. Plus, Pac-Man has actually been on more Nintendo systems in recent years, and in addition has actually been in a crossover with Nintendo before. He seems more logical to me.

D

Deleted member

What's funny about that picture is the fact that Black Shadow is probably the biggest wussbag in F-Zero. :p
Anyone's a wussbag when you have to deal with this guy as a boss:

EDIT: Then again, not in the GP Legend/Falcon Densetsu canon. Black Shadow is far from a wussbag in that canon. And funnily enough, the image I posted is that Black Shadow, not the F-Zero/X/GX canon one.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
No no no...there's only one real worst pokemon...

Stupid letters...although it's kind of funny when you catch certain letters to spell words and/or use them on your seals in gen 4. :3
Yeah, I was pretty pissed when I caught a whole bunch and then found out they can only learn hidden power, a move that ALMOST ALL POKEMON CAN LEARN!!

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Nope, Metapod has better stats than Sunkern. Here's my proof.

Sunkern Metapod

HP: 30 HP: 50
Attack: 30 Attack: 20
Defense: 30 Defense: 55
Special Attack: 30 Special Attack: 25
Special Defense: 30 Special Defense: 25
Speed: 30 Speed: 30
Total: 180 Total: 205

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Anyone's a wussbag when you have to deal with this guy as a boss:

EDIT: Then again, not in the GP Legend/Falcon Densetsu canon. Black Shadow is far from a wussbag in that canon. And funnily enough, the image I posted is that Black Shadow, not the F-Zero/X/GX canon one.
...Why does nobody ever give him recognition and vote for him in Smash Bros again? No seriously, why does almost everyone forget about Deathborne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom