• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
most people prefer a villain with real motivation and character not just "lol randomly kill peole"
the lol kill random people is ok if your 12 or something though
To me that's what makes him stand out from the others, he is more dangerous then any other batman villain because he is simply insane :p

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Actually if I'm not mistake Charizard is still being shown in the anime, which is probably watched mostly by little kids now due to most Pokemon fans being sick at how downhill the anime has gone.
Yep he was reintroduced I the anime.

But hey screw charizard. Squirtle squad for life

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Might I also mention that Charizard's design is really freaking boring? It's a big orange dragon...that's not even a dragon...that has wings...that couldn't fly for three generations...:p It's not like Hydreigon, who's based on the freaking Yamato No Orochi, it's just...boring...
That is your opinion, and one I strongly disagree with. I personally love Charizard's design and find it cool.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Might I also mention that Charizard's design is really freaking boring? It's a big orange dragon...that's not even a dragon...that has wings...that couldn't fly for three generations...:p It's not like Hydreigon, who's based on the freaking Yamato No Orochi, it's just...boring...
Well I am seeing this is one ground we pretty much agree on XD

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
most people prefer a villain with real motivation and character not just "lol randomly kill peole"
People prefer villains they enjoy, and that depends on a number of factors. Sometimes a complex villain is preferred but other times it's not warranted. Kefka for instance is a villain like the Joker, a nihilistic manic that just wants to destroy everything and it works in the context of FF6's story because it's about life being important and rebuilding despite disaster. Joker works for a similar reason, he's the antithesis of Batman, he lives to cause anarchy while Batman lives to keep the order and they're a classic clash of ideals that really work to each others benefit within the terms of the story.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
That is your opinion, and one I strongly disagree with. I personally love Charizard's design and find it cool.
Cool... OK you can see it as cool but what I see is an overweight dragon painted orange, this is not an innovative or creative design but then again, OOH IT BREATHES FIRE THEREFORE IT'S AWESOME -_-

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's kind of different for the Joker. He's who he is BECAUSE of Batman, and Batman is who he is BECAUSE of the Joker, the two are destined to this fate for the rest of their lives, and might I also add that the actors/Voice actors of the Joker are just plain excellent? Mark Hamill voices a fantastic Joker, and it's good to see him doing more than just still being known for being Luke Skywalker. It was great...until Eidos ruined it with the ending boss battle of Arkham Asylum...

Reznor

work in progress
To me that's what makes him stand out from the others, he is more dangerous then any other batman villain because he is simply insane :p
hes the most dangerous batman batman because of PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity)
also being Insane is not an advantage its because hes smart and if you want a better insane random kill every thing villain than read some comics about Carnage hes actually a threat to more than 1 super hero

People prefer villains they enjoy, and that depends on a number of factors. Sometimes a complex villain is preferred but other times it's not warranted. Kefka for instance is a villain like the Joker, a nihilistic manic that just wants to destroy everything and it works in the context of FF6's story because it's about life being important and rebuilding despite disaster. Joker works for a similar reason, he's the antithesis of Batman, he lives to cause anarchy while Batman lives to keep the order and they're a classic clash of ideals that really work to each others benefit.
Kefka is a better written character (joker is rarely written well)
and just going to say most people who like the "random kill every thing villain" are mostly 14 year olds

It's kind of different for the Joker. He's who he is BECAUSE of Batman, and Batman is who he is BECAUSE of the Joker, the two are destined to this fate for the rest of their lives, and might I also add that the actors/Voice actors of the Joker are just plain excellent? Mark Hamill voices a fantastic Joker, and it's good to see him doing more than just still being known for being Luke Skywalker. It was great...until Eidos ruined it with the ending boss battle of Arkham Asylum...

there are way better villain super hero relations that the Joker one and a ton wit hthe "He's who he is BECAUSE of Batman, and Batman is who he is BECAUSE of the Joker" thing Mark Hamill is an awesome voice actor though

Wario's Fart

Smash Rookie
Are you talking nolan's joker, or the real comics joker?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Cool... OK you can see it as cool but what I see is an overweight dragon painted orange, this is not an innovative or creative design but then again, OOH IT BREATHES FIRE THEREFORE IT'S AWESOME -_-
If you truly think that is the reason he is popular, then it just shows how incredibly biased you are. ._.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What makes you say that? Is there some sort of poll or something, because I'm pretty sure this is something you would be disappointed to be seeing and you're just putting words into the mouths of other people.
From what I've seen, the majority of fans want to see Mewtwo comeback without the expense of another character.
That is commonly referred to as the best case scenario.

Genesect is not a mascot though.
Lucario is more of a mascot than Genesect is, especially because the only reason why Genesect is so advertisement friendly now is because of it's movie and the fact that it's basically the Arceus of Gen 5.
When we find out what the new last Pokemon in the Pokedex is Genesect will just be replaced by that thing, you're giving it a lot more credit than it actually deserves.
I'm actually giving it all the credit it deserves. Also Sakurai never said anything about adding the mascot of a generation. I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Company told him to include Genesect, because that's currently the character they are pushing. I think you are greatly underestimating Genesect's popularity. And a lot of us would like to see a new Pokemon instead of just veterans, even Sakurai would probably feel that he's not giving Pokemon a lot of love by just bringing back a Melee Veteran.

Genesect is being pushed through Anime, Merchandise, special game character, movie, and he's the arceus of Gen 5 like you said as well as beloved to many fans. You don't need a poll to know that unless you've completely ignored it. I'm certain he's going to be playable somehow. If you think the movie is why Genesect is popular more research should be done. No offense, but that's biased.

only reason why Genesect is so advertisement friendly now is because of it's movie and the fact that it's basically the Arceus of Gen 5.
Kind of like how Lucario was in the movie and he was the mascot of Gen 4?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
If you truly think that is the reason he is popular, then it just shows how incredibly biased you are. ._.
He's a giant dragon that breathes fire, isn't that every stupid kid's dream come true? That's why he's ****ing popular and I see little to contradict that :p

Reznor

work in progress
quick question why do people like Charzard he just looks like a generic dragon to me (hated him as a kid also)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well then, let me ask you...what's better to you...this...

Or this...
What does this have to do with Charizard? But I prefer the first one compared to the second one, but also the quality between thos images are also majorly different. The first one has much higher quality compared to the second one. :L

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What does this have to do with Charizard? But I prefer the first one compared to the second one, but also the quality between thos images are also majorly different. The first one has much higher quality compared to the second one. :L
The point is that the first is what Charizard is based on and the second is what Hydreigon is based on. Also, if you're looking for a better picture...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm actually giving it all the credit it deserves. Also Sakurai never said anything about adding the mascot of a generation. I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Company told him to include Genesect, because that's currently the character they are pushing. I think you are greatly underestimating Genesect's popularity. And a lot of us would like to see a new Pokemon instead of just veterans, even Sakurai would probably feel that he's not giving Pokemon a lot of love by just bringing back a Melee Veteran.
No, they're primarily pushing Mewtwo, Genesect's second to him (ok, her) but it's pretty obvious who their marketing darling is right now and who they'd pick if it came down to it first. Really, you seem to be overestimating Genesect's popularity, it's not nearly to the level of Mewtwo, Pikachu, Jigglypuff or even Lucario, especially at their primes.

Kind of like how Lucario was in the movie and he was the mascot of Gen 4?
And yet Lucario has been pushed even after his generation is over and still holds on to a strong, dedicated fanbase. That's popularity, if Genesect does the same then all the power to him but right now he doesn't compare to Lucario at his prime and we don't know how the future will affect his popularity.

Kefka is a better written character (joker is rarely written well)
and just going to say most people who like the "random kill every thing villain" are mostly 14 year olds
Do not do that, do not put down a group of people by saying their favorite character is only liked by "young kids/teens." On top of that, you have no basis for that point, no polls or otherwise to support it and really there's a lot of adults that do like the character so don't try to push your opinion as fact.

Reznor

work in progress
View attachment 1788

My roster, now with pictures and some edits/cuts.

Limited myself to 45, so I think it's pretty realistic.
I doubt we will only get 4 pokemon and I doubt we will get Palutena

Personally my fave Joker was the one in The Dark Knight. :L
he didn't even act like the joker in that movie (although Heath did do good acting it was the writing that was a mess)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The point is that the first is what Charizard is based on and the second is what Hydreigon is based on. Also, if you're looking for a better picture...

Eh bit better quality i suppose, but I still prefer the first one. But I have always prefered the classic style dragon (the first one) designs compared to other designs. :L

Reznor

work in progress
Do not do that, do not put down a group of people by saying their favorite character is only liked by "young kids/teens." On top of that, you have no basis for that point, no polls or otherwise to support it and really there's a lot of adults that do like the character so don't try to push your opinion as fact.
well from what i've seen its mostly 14 year olds but ya its an opinion (ruining all the fun :( )

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Eh bit better quality i suppose, but I still prefer the first one. But I have always prefered the classic style dragon (the first one) designs compared to other designs. :L
Yamato No Orochi isn't a dragon...it's a Serpent. :p

Honestly the first one. The other one looks really dumb to me
Someone hasn't played Okami. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
well from what i've seen its mostly 14 year olds but ya its an opinion (ruining all the fun :( )
That's still not a good sample size though and it doesn't even take into consideration things like the "silent majority" and the like. Just saying don't make blanket statements you can't prove about a group of people.

Yamato No Orochi isn't a dragon...it's a Serpent. :p
If you want to get technical, it should be a serpent but modern interpretation makes it a dragon nowadays.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 1788

My roster, now with pictures and some edits/cuts.

Limited myself to 45, so I think it's pretty realistic.
Why were ROB and the Ice Climbers cut? That doesn't make any sense. And I don't think Snake, Wolf, or Lucario should be cut either, but the other two are inexcusable.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I call BS if that second pic is suppose to be a serpent. That ain't not damn snake. ._.
Actually it is, it's a nine-headed snake. :p

That's still not a good sample size though and it doesn't even take into consideration things like the "silent majority" and the like. Just saying don't make blanket statements you can't prove about a group of people.

If you want to get technical, it should be a serpent but modern interpretation makes it a dragon nowadays.
Why? Because it's design inspired this...? :p

Reznor

work in progress
I agreed its an opinion though :cool:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
There have been dragons created that do not have wings. your point is invalid, a dragon is not required to have wings.

That ain't no nine-headed snake either. ._.
Well what do we associate with mythical serpents OH RIGHT SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS

Fits the bill to me. Either way why are we arguing this Serpents are basically snake like dragons any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom