• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I ****ing hate it when people treat cuts as the apocalypse.

Look, here's the scoop, what happens is going to happen. If something is removed, suck it up and move on. ******** won't lead to anything, all it does is show that you're a big cry baby.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Cuts in order of likeliness

1. :lucario:
  2. :snake:
  3. :sonic:
  4. :ness2:/ :lucas:
  5. :toonlink:
  6. :falco:/ :wolf:
I don't really think Lucario will be cut unless Pokemon only has 4 characters again
I understand Snake and Sonic, because of their 3rd party status so I'll let that live.
I don't find Ness or Lucas going very likely
I think Toon Link should be only after Snake and Sonic being number 3
I think Falco has more of a chance to leave than Wolf does but okay.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Of course they won't be the apocalypse, Mewtwo was cut, yeah sad stuff but I moved on with Toon Link, if he gets cut and there is no real suitable replacement for him then I will just carry on with Ness. Life goes on and at least the characters are still there in the previous games to enjoy. ;)

But talking about them constantly will just lead some people into a state of paranoia like how it was for Ness during the Brawl days. :rolleyes:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So you guys think this won't work?

This is why DLC works, because you get more characters (from the past games) after the full version. :bee:
Only problem is Poke'mon Trainer is DLC and Young Link won't return even in DLC because of Toon Link.

Also Zoroark is not remotely likely because of Lucario, and he certainly wouldn't get in over Poke'mon Trainer. Also Sakurai would NEVER make Ike and Poke'mon Trainer DLC to make room for Prince Sable, Anna, Dixie Kong, Pac-Man, or a 100% pointless character (Tom Nook). Maybe yous should think who's more important and deserving, not removing the recent characters and the ones not preffered by 1-3 Smash Fans (Poke'mon Trainer/R.O.B.)

The mere thought that Poke'mon Trainer and Ike, 2 characters essential to the representation of their franchise, beloved and popular in both their games and SSB, for THESE characters, is absurd.

Please give a reason for Lucario being at the top of the list. For him being an original character as well as an non-Gen 1 Pokemon who is quite a high tier, it makes no sense for his removal.
1. Lucario had a chance. And don't think I'm a Lucario protester because I want him to be in over Mewtwo.
2. Mewtwo is more important to the series representation.
3. Generation 6 needs representation. (This may seem like I have a double standard, but Poke'mon is an obvious exception. Poke'mon from other gens outside Gen 1 only need to be represented once. But, if there is room Lucario is beloved enough to stay.)

Well for me personally, she could be a fun (hot FE) character with quick attacks.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't really think Lucario will be cut unless Pokemon only has 4 characters again
I understand Snake and Sonic, because of their 3rd party status so I'll let that live.
I don't find Ness or Lucas going very likely
I think Toon Link should be only after Snake and Sonic being number 3
I think Falco has more of a chance to leave than Wolf does but okay.
You guys have to understand this is if cuts are needed. In that situation these characters are all endangered.

I explained Lucario

Sonic & Snake are probably not as prioritized as Nintendo Characters, hence this is a fighting game FOR Nintendo Characters. This just one reason why Third-Parties don't usually return in games.

Lucas & Ness don't need to both be in it. Ness can be removed because Lucas is the newest, and Lucas can be removed because of Ness's international popularity from EarthBound and SSB64.

Falco may be removed solely because of Wolf's existent in SSB, but Wolf's move set could be handed over to Falco.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Only problem is Poke'mon Trainer is DLC and Young Link won't return even in DLC because of Toon Link.

Also Zoroark is not remotely likely because of Lucario, and he certainly wouldn't get in over Poke'mon Trainer. Also Sakurai would NEVER make Ike and Poke'mon Trainer DLC to make room for Prince Sable, Anna, Dixie Kong, Pac-Man, or a 100% pointless character (Tom Nook). Maybe yous should think who's more important and deserving, not removing the recent characters and the ones not preffered by 1-3 Smash Fans (Poke'mon Trainer/R.O.B.)

The mere thought that Poke'mon Trainer and Ike, 2 characters essential to the representation of their franchise, beloved and popular in both their games and SSB, for THESE characters, is absurd.
The thing is, I don't want new characters to be DLC at all, or else we will not get the full experience for Smash 4 as Sakurai intended. Cut characters are essentially "the past experience.", so it's good to put them as DLC. Implementing (this is just about him) Zoroark, would make people happy.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Its actually really satisfying and calming to see 300+ pages of stress of who wont be back hehehe Brawl didnt add a single damm char..actually just one...Wario and i like Diddy even though i didnt play as him.

I dont care who comes back......
Ahhhhhh feels sooo good to be on the other end of the s_it stick for once RealTalk!
About f_cking time....

I really shouldnt have said all that..but eh....

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
The first one definitely. Tom Nook and Anna over Ike is just proposterous. Just replace Dixie with King K. Rool and remove Zoroark and Prince Sable.

Oh, no....Is Hotfeet talking about Classic Link again?
Oh I dunno, maybe if you weren't cowering behind an ignore button you'd know yourself? :rolleyes:

Well for me personally, she could be a fun (hot FE) character with quick attacks.
Final smash...she brings in all her identical sisters to wail on everyone. :p

Yes, but Lucario's not the number one character to be cut. Sonic and Snake are.
Here's what I think would happen in order
1. :snake:and :sonic:
2. :toonlink:
3. :falco:
4. :sheik:
5. :jigglypuff:
6. :lucario:
I highly doubt Sonic is anywhere near that high in the cutting block list.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
You guys have to understand this is if cuts are needed. In that situation these characters are all endangered.

I explained Lucario

Sonic & Snake are probably not as prioritized as Nintendo Characters, hence this is a fighting game FOR Nintendo Characters. This just one reason why Third-Parties don't usually return in games.

Lucas & Ness don't need to both be in it. Ness can be removed because Lucas is the newest, and Lucas can be removed because of Ness's international popularity from EarthBound and SSB64.

Falco may be removed solely because of Wolf's existent in SSB, but Wolf's move set could be handed over to Falco.
Yeah because we ALL know feathers are the same thing as claws >.>

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Professor Layton or Anna were playable. I wouldn't care too much about any other veteran favourites coming back. But since they are so unlikely, I guess I will have to make do for some of my mains such as Mewtwo and Toon Link coming back and if worse comes to worse. There is still Ness. So I'm content I guess. :rolleyes:

Autumn ♫

If Professor Layton or Anna were playable. I wouldn't care too much about any other veteran favourites coming back. But since they are so unlikely, I guess I will have to make do for some of my mains such as Mewtwo and Toon Link coming back and if worse comes to worse. There is still Ness. So I'm content I guess. :rolleyes:
What if Ness doesn't come back either? :crazy:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't think any of the Mario and Zelda choice are hype worthy, if there was a 5th character for Mario and Zelda, it would most likely be Dr. Mario and Young Link again for actually making it in Melee.
I honestly doubt they will put clone characters in over new characters such as Bowser jr and Vaati.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The thing is, I don't want new characters to be DLC at all, or else we will not get the full experience for Smash 4 as Sakurai intended. Cut characters are essentially "the past experience.", so it's good to put them as DLC. Implementing (this is just about him) Zoroark, would make people happy.
A character's importance always outweighs a character's recency. An you have no reason to have Zoroark over Lucario because he's not the newest Poke'mon and Lucario is more important.

Gune

Smash Lord
Cuts in order of likeliness

1. :lucario:
  2. :snake:
  3. :sonic:
  4. :ness2:/ :lucas:
  5. :toonlink:
  6. :falco:/ :wolf:
Give me one good reason why Lucario is the most likely to be cut, if anyone is getting cut out of earthbound its Lucas not Ness his game just has been released to virtual console so Ness definitly has a foot up over Lucas who games still havent came out to the USA, Toon link I understand and starfox reps are beyond boring to me I dont care which ever one those two get cut.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What if Ness doesn't come back either? :crazy:
Highly doubtful, but if for some very weird-moronic-foolish-crazy-and-utter-upside-down-backwards-forwards reason he didn't make it in either....

There is still :mario2:and he will never go. Not even in the Year of Luigi. In fact he was confirmed on the year of Luigi. :troll:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Oh, we all know who will succeed here...

CRAP, I was going to insert a image of me... Oh well, just imagine there is a black mage there.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yes, but Lucario's not the number one character to be cut. Sonic and Snake are.
Here's what I think would happen in order
1. :snake:and :sonic:
2. :toonlink:
3. :falco:
4. :sheik:
5. :jigglypuff:
6. :lucario:
Yeah, Lucario over any of these guys. No. And JigglyPuff and Sheik being cut. No. The fact that you think Lucario is the least likely to be removed is mind blowing.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah, Lucario over any of these guys. No. And JigglyPuff and Sheik being cut. No. The fact that you think Lucario is the least likely to be removed is mind blowing.
Yet you think Lucario should stay...

I think Snake might be the only one that could be removed. Everyone else is either confirmed. semi-confirmed, or iffy

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Jiggs is still in because she's an Original 12 member. She wasn't very high on Brawl's character importance list hence her lack of SSE appearance.

Cuts, I can see Jiggs and Ness being possible, Sheik, Lucario, Snake, Toon Link, and even maybe Ike. Ike just in case they do the ole keep Marth add newbie routine again.

And Wolf's moveset on Falco is probably one of the more stupid things I've heard today.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Give me one good reason why Lucario is the most likely to be cut, if anyone is getting cut out of earthbound its Lucas not Ness his game just has been released to virtual console so Ness definitly has a foot up over Lucas who games still havent came out to the USA, Toon link I understand and starfox reps are beyond boring to me I dont care which ever one those two get cut.
Compared to other characters he's honestly a flavor of the moneth type character. Do note that pretty much all of brawl's characters deserve their place in the new roster but Lucario is in the lower end of that spectrum here's my personal rating
1. :snake: Well it all depends if Sakurai's little friend wants to see him again, if he does then Snake is staying no questions asked and if no... Snake is not getting in no questions asked. He's most likely to leave because there's no guarantees either way.
2. :lucario: reasons I stated above. If we have cuts due to time constraints he will likely be one of the first to go.
3.:toonlink:
4. :lucas:
5. :ike: I think there'll be 3 FE reps so Ike has a good chance of staying
6. :sonic: I don't think it's very likely SEGA would say no.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yet you think Lucario should stay...

I think Snake might be the only one that could be removed. Everyone else is either confirmed. semi-confirmed, or iffy
I never said that. I said I WANT him to stay.

Jiggs is still in because she's an Original 12 member.

And Wolf's moveset on Falco is probably one of the more stupid things I've heard today.
I'm disappointed you think that's the only reason for Jiggs. And I'm talking about Wolf's Special Moves, not Smash Attacks.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed you think that's the only reason for Jiggs. And I'm talking about Wolf's Special Moves, not Smash Attacks.
But aren't wolf's smash attacks/whatever are what makes him a unique character? And frankly other then the side b Wolf's versions of the space animal specials don't really suit Falco very well.

Autumn ♫

Jigglypuff and Sheik are fairly likey to get cut and Falco and Toon Link are pretty much clones compared to the other characters in the roster. Sonic and Snake are because they are 3rd party's and we don't even know if they will return or not.

Lucario's also not the least likely guy either as there will probably be about 40 or 45 more characters left in SSB4 :troll:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Compared to other characters he's honestly a flavor of the moneth type character.
That is the dumbest reason ever. Saying he's "flavor of the month" will pretty much be the reason Z will be in instead.

I never said that. I said I WANT him to stay.
Then I guess I confused myself then. Apologizes for that.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
That is the dumbest reason ever. Saying he's "flavor of the month" will pretty much be the reason Z will be in instead.

Then I guess I confused myself then. Apologizes for that.
Flavor of the month character, a simple way to say he's only somewhat important for a certain period of time. I don't see why saying he's not as important any more by any means and pokemon is an ever growing franchise which sometimes means you need to give some guys the boot in their place. Your argument against my argument unless I'm reading it wrong you're basically saying Lucario leaving due to being a flavor of the month character makes no sense because a flavor of the month character will take his place. Do you not understand what that means? It basically means Lucario will be replaced by pokemon people will stop caring about in a year because that's how it goes. The flavor of october gets replaced by the flavor of november I don't think that argument holds any ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom