• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Landmaster's great, just... not great enough to have three times. :p
I definitely want Fox to keep the Landmaster, Falco to get an Arwing, and Wolf to call in a strike team.

Also, I want Lucas and Ness to differentiate their FS attacks.
... I'm still annoyed that neither Lucas nor Ness know PK Fire, PK Thunder, PK Freeze, Psi Magnet, and PK Starstorm in the actual Earthbound games. Could the Smashmakers really not make actual moves from their in-game powers?

Oh wellllll.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you think that vet Final smashes will be redone? I mean... We saw clearly in the trailer that Samus still have the Zero beam thing. But there're some final smashes that were quite lame in Brawl... Landmaster, *cough cough*

And yeah, if there're no cuts, it would be cool to see Toon Zelda/Tetra.
Please, no Toon Zelda/Tetra... I don't want to see the Light Arrow become the new Landmaster. Brawl had 3 Landmasters. I don't want 4 Light Arrows in SSB4.

Reznor

work in progress
wait why do we care about final smashes pretty sure no one here plays with items on (well maybe a little)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I absolutely hate it when other people cut characters because of "patterns" like with Fire Emblem or Pokemon for example. We only had one game that had cuts before, it's too early to have a pattern.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
wait why do we care about final smashes pretty sure no one here plays with items on (well maybe a little)
I bloody hate the Smash Ball. It completely breaks the flow of the fight, and using final smashes doesn't really feel satisfying, as you didn't earn the ability to unleash one, you just picked up a random glowing ball that just appeared out of thin air.

You know what'd be pretty cool? Acquire the FS like in traditional fighting games: execute consecutive combos to build up a power gauge, and once that gauge is full, you can use a FS any time you want. That'd be sweeeeeet.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I bloody hate the Smash Ball. It completely breaks the flow of the fight, and using final smashes doesn't really feel satisfying, as you didn't earn the ability to unleash one, you just picked up a random glowing ball that just appeared out of thin air.

You know what'd be pretty cool? Acquire the FS like in traditional fighting games: execute consecutive combos to build up a power gauge, and once that gauge is full, you can use a FS any time you want. That'd be sweeeeeet.
An option to use a FS meter would be nice.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I like Roster 1 more, minus the fact that Chrom is misspelled, and the fact that it lacks K. Rool. I'd personally swap Zoroark for K. Rool.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I dunno, it sounds a bit.... contradictory?

All I'm saying is that he's planned to return. Time constraints might force him to cut a few characters, but if he has his way, the whole Brawl cast will return.
How is it contradictory if hes already said not all characters from every game will return? And for all we know newer characters might take priority, and then theres characters that could already be planned to be left out from the start. He already knows he cant please every single fan of every character, sure hed like to but he may already have an idea of whats possible within their time.

“I can answer that: no. We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point.”

He has never made a promise or said that we should expect them to all return, since it might not be in the cards. And for all we know they have a small set of characters they might feel are disposable, ones that they would get to if time permitted.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Dude, just drop it already. We won't know what is going to happen to the Brawl roster in terms of Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS and which characters definitely will or won't return. If Sakurai still feels that a child Link is importand to him and if Toon Link is still far more popular than either Classic or Young Link (At least in Japan) than he will likely decide to bring him back and make time for him to be brought back, but probably still as a last priority character like he was in Brawl and Young Link in Melee. We won't know what exactly is going on behind the scenes. All we can do is wait until the full roster is revealed or Sakurai talks more about the matter.

Now lets get back to talking about Corn... or Lint or whatever.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Poll:

Would you prefer this roster:

Or this roster:
I like the first one better. However, I think you should drop Z and put a new Zelda character in there and the odd spot turn into a Mario character to make it even. Pokemon having 6 reps over Mario and Zelda with 4 seems a little unfair imo. Other than that, it looks nearly perfect.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Poll:

Would you prefer this roster:

Or this roster:
The first one definitely. Tom Nook and Anna over Ike is just proposterous. Just replace Dixie with King K. Rool and remove Zoroark and Prince Sable.

Dude, just drop it already. We won't know what is going to happen to the Brawl roster in terms of Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS and which characters definitely will or won't return. If Sakurai still feels that a child Link is importand to him and if Toon Link is still far more popular than either Classic or Young Link (At least in Japan) than he will likely decide to bring him back and make time for him to be brought back, but probably still as a last priority character like he was in Brawl and young Link in Melee. We won't know what exactly is going on behind the scenes. All we can do is wait.

Now get back to talking about Corn... or Lint or whatever.
Oh, no....Is Hotfeet talking about Classic Link again?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I like the first one better. However, I think you should drop Z and put a new Zelda character in there and the odd spot turn into a Mario character to make it even. Pokemon having 6 reps over Mario and Zelda with 4 seems a little unfair imo. Other than that, it looks nearly perfect.
But your opinion is irrelevant :p

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So you guys think this won't work?

This is why DLC works, because you get more characters (from the past games) after the full version. :bee:
Swap Lucario for Mewtwo :troll:

Anna isn't going to happen. I don't understand why people want her in.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I wasn't mad, sorry if I sounded like that. Just gotten a little tired of that old discussion now.
Oh i know its been done to death, that i agree with, but i really wasnt focusing on the toon link part of it. More of the fact that a lot of people think that everyone is in until they are taken out after, when they more than likely dont put everyone in right off the bat. I highly doubt that they pile on the characters before and subtract after, they might leave room for potential spots but they definitely dont fully create them only to scrap them. I just dont like the term "cut", when to me that implies they were already in and them removed, when we have no idea if they were even planned for this game, in which case they would never be cut if they didnt even make the team.

Ah well moving on, heres to corn!!!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh i know its been done to death, that i agree with, but i really wasnt focusing on the toon link part of it. More of the fact that a lot of people think that everyone is in until they are taken out after, when they more than likely dont put everyone in right off the bat. I highly doubt that they pile on the characters before and subtract after, they might leave room for potential spots but they definitely dont fully create them only to scrap them. I just dont like the term "cut", when to me that implies they were already in and them removed, when we have no idea if they were even planned for this game, in which case they would never be cut if they didnt even make the team.

Ah well moving on, heres to corn!!!
If it's because of that then sure I guess. But I think Sakurai pretty much understands that when people are asking if any characters didn't make the cut, that they are talking about the veterans and not the newcomers as obviously we don't know which newcomers are planned besides the confirmed ones.

To be honest, I personally don't want to think about any cuts just yet and just let it go with the flow, or else you will just end up getting paranoid. If they happen then oh well. I first want to know which characters do make it in. And any who don't (Especially those who I like) oh well then. There is always still Ness for me or any newcomer I do like who does make it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom