• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention that I view Toon Link Super Smash Brothers as Wind Waker Link. His taunt led me to that conclusion. So...
Spirit Tracks=/= Wind Waker

They are both Toon Link? Not to me. They are not both Toon Link. Sakurai chose the name Toon Link because he couldn't call him "Link" without adding a designation.

IT IS SUBJECTIVE. LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF SUBJECTIVE AND THEN COME BACK.
"I forgot to mention that I view Toon Link Super Smash Brothers as Wind Waker Link. His taunt led me to that conclusion. So..."
So it is because of your little idea that you are $hitting on facts? I'm gonna take this from Toon Link's brawl character page, just like golden did.

It’s Link’s other incarnation—Toon Link. He has a slightly comical expression and big, catlike eyes.
So with that definintion of toon link...make your on conclusions.
Later on he also says that as a rule, the special attacks are the same. Which further proves things discussed earlier.
And I'm not saying he's not returning either, I have less of an idea about that than I do about other things in the game at this point. I'm also saying they are the same. His liklihood is above me.
Sorry for the continuation of this, I'm being stubborn.

Please dear god no fire emblem, I JUST unloaded the gun :039:

lol Im totally down for a change of subject though. So.....New Series reps? Just list every new rep from a currently unrepresented series you think we will get.

Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Isaac
Lil Mac
Takamaru
possibly one more.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Given that Sakurai has already said that no cuts are planned, I don't even understand why this debate is continuing...

Being a stage element does not disconfirm Toon Link.

/discussion

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Given that Sakurai has already said that no cuts are planned, I don't even understand why this debate is continuing...

/discussion
I dont think you should take that quote too literally, it doesnt mean everyone from before is there, he could just mean all the current characters and newcomers planned for this game are still in tact (and that might even include cuts already)

D

Deleted member

I dont think you should take that quote too literally, it doesnt mean everyone from before is there, he could just mean all the current characters and newcomers planned for this game are still in tact (and that might even include cuts already)
This. Very much this.
This was what I got out what Sakurai said.

So really, Toon Link's fate is still up in the air no matter how you look at it.
I have a personal feeling though that Toon Link is still being planned on as a low-priority character just like Brawl. Though it wouldn't surprise me if a Zelda Newcomer such as Tingle was higher priority this time around.

And who knows, if Toon Link happens to be cut, perhaps he'll be DLC in something like a "Veteran Fighters pack" along with Pichu, Dr. Mario, and (if they also don't make it) Roy and Jigglypuff.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This. Very much this.
This was what I got out what Sakurai said.

So really, Toon Link's fate is still up in the air no matter how you look at it.
I have a personal feeling though that Toon Link is still being planned on as a low-priority character just like Brawl. Though it wouldn't surprise me if a Zelda Newcomer such as Tingle was higher priority this time around.

And who knows, if Toon Link happens to be cut, perhaps he'll be DLC in something like a "Veteran Fighters pack" along with Pichu, Dr. Mario, and (if they also don't make it) Roy and Jigglypuff.
Yeah it's really a good idea have cut characters as DLC.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I dunno, it sounds a bit.... contradictory?

All I'm saying is that he's planned to return. Time constraints might force him to cut a few characters, but if he has his way, the whole Brawl cast will return.

Gune

Smash Lord
The man in the interveiw asked Sakurai if everyone from the previous game were coming back and sakurai replied with no one has been cut as of yet so that leads me to believe he ment brawl vet's otherwise that statement would have been unnecessary.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Personally for me, I don't think any newcomer (anyone that hasn't been implement as a character in Smash yet) should be DLC, Sakurai would want to have the whole experience in the games. Just making them DLC would make an incomplete experience. I think cut characters as DLC is a good idea, as they are leftover characters you have already experienced, but you have the decision to buy back an experience.

D

Deleted member

"Cut" characters also refer to new characters that couldn't quite make it.

Such as Toon Zelda/Sheik.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'd rather get a "new experience" from DLC than have to wait another 6 or more years for the next Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

The man in the interveiw asked Sakurai if everyone from the previous game were coming back and sakurai replied with no one has been cut as of yet so that leads me to believe he ment brawl vet's otherwise that statement would have been unnecessary.
This is not accurate.

On the topic of the roster, Sakurai noted that the 3DS version of the game, with its hardware’s technical limitations, would likely keep the volume of the roster in check, though no characters had been cut so far, and any determination to that effect is a ways away.
This is merely stating that none of the planned characters for this game had to have been cut so far even though the 3DS is likely to keep a check over what can be done.

It gives no indication that someone like Toon Link is a part of that plan. I have a feeling he is, however. Just as a lower-priority character that is expendable if cuts have to be made. Just like in Brawl.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey I thought we changed the discussion to CORN!!! D:<

Ah well's. We won't know Toon Link's fate as of yet so blindly saying that he is definitely staying or cut is getting us nowhere. All we have to do is just wait until the full roster is revealed or if Sakurai states something on the matter, especially if he is going to be a last priority character again like he was in Brawl and Young Link was in Melee.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I can't stand it when people use the 'He said no cuts' argument and don't know what he really meant. Of course none of us are really sure what he meant, but I think its pretty certain he meant the characters he has planned for the game. Overall because it's a really subjective thing.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sorry! I got side-tracked. I was watching Mean Girls... but anyway, I agree with Golden and TheCreator. No one knows what he meant, it could be no cuts from the last game or no cuts to the final product right now, the latter of which more likely. I hope Toon Link doesn't go though, he's my main!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm still pretty sure that the combination of these two quotes imply that he means Brawl's roster and a few newcomers--SSB4's roster--have so far been uncut.
"Whether it's a minor character or a character that is one of the most highly skilled and most played, if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt. I think we have to really consider that, so I take a very serious, hard look at that and have empathy for the players who look for these type of characters when we're making these decisions."
"So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it's good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologize in advance to those fans."
I don't think he'd be apologizing to fans of cut newcomers that haven't been announced... There would be no reason for him to go out in public pre-launch and say that they weren't able to add ___, that would lead to more backlash than if hackers found it out on their own. More so, I believe Sakurai means that he is trying as hard as he can to make sure every character in Brawl is making a return, apologizing for anyone replaced or dropped out between the games.

That said, I'd say it's an educated guess that he feels for each of the characters and that he will take steps to make sure they are not dropped.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
  • why drop tingle his really popular in japan
  • if dixie kong & diddy kong were separate they will just play the same way
  • toon link not return ssb4
  • ridley would be a clone of charizard
  • True, Tingle has the popularity to be a Smash rep.
  • toon link not return ssb4 - That's not confirmed. The Toon Link is neither the same outfit, model, or even the same person. Having Yoshi's in the background wouldn't deconfirm Yoshi, and neither did the Retro DK in Brawl.
  • ridley would be a clone of charizard - I'm sorry, what!?!?!? Just because he has wings doesn't make him a clone of charizard. By this logic, Little Mac would be a clone of C. Falcon, JigglyPuff would be a clone of Kirby, and King K. Rool would be a clone of King Dedede.

And bring back Marth cuz he's not leaving and neither is Ike.
I agree, I am a big Impa supporter. I mean you don't need to necessarily be in every game to have a chance. In my honest opinion, she would be a great replacement for Sheik. I like Sheik more, but I would prefer Impa. It would give us something fresh while maintaining the play-style and vibe.
Oh, cool Morbid is back!

The reason I protest Impa is because she doesn't play as major of a role as the other Zelda Characters, and would in fact be a Sheik semi-clone because they are both Sheikah. Then again she is kind of like family to Zelda, but she's kind of an assistant like Magnus, hence those 2 should be assist trophies.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I cannot stand Toon Link discussions already....It's like discussing pokemon pre-brawl...
But man people seeing Tingle as even plausable is making me happy.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Do you think that vet Final smashes will be redone? I mean... We saw clearly in the trailer that Samus still have the Zero beam thing. But there're some final smashes that were quite lame in Brawl... Landmaster, *cough cough*

And yeah, if there're no cuts, it would be cool to see Toon Zelda/Tetra.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Do you think that vet Final smashes will be redone? I mean... We saw clearly in the trailer that Samus still have the Zero beam thing. But there're some final smashes that were quite lame in Brawl... Landmaster, *cough cough*
Landmaster was the closest thing to slamming a steamroller on an opponent.
And my god, it still looked FRICKING sweet.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

And yeah, if there're no cuts, it would be cool to see Toon Zelda/Tetra.
Hope to god Falco gets an Arwing. And Luigi gets some insane electric attack... And Wario gets that earth-shaking punch thing from Wario Land Shake It!...

And so on and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom