• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah Golden is actually quite neutral when it comes to Toon Link and is really trying to address both sides. He's not really siding with either side of the "Toon Link is definitely out" or "Toon Link is definitely in" crowd.

Which we should as there really is no way to tell and boldly claiming that he is definitely in or out will probably end up with another Brawl Ness or Melee Mewtwo on our hands.

Morbi

Scavenger
Pretty sure when I state that the all Links are the same within Smash canon and that "Toon Link" is stated to be an alternate incarnation, that means I'm referring to the concept that Smash uses a universal Link.
If anything, what I said is the elaboration for the concept, as it seems unlikely people would get what "Smash uses a universal Link" means without an explanation.
I've shown people outside these boards my initial post to show a breakthrough I've had in regards to Smash, and they understood what I was saying without problem.

I don't think either of you are incompetent. Or at least not yet. Please don't prove me otherwise. :glare:
I would have understood if you simply asserted that Smash utilizes a universal Link. Maybe that is just me though. The notion seems straight to the point.

Edit- It is funny. I don't really care if he makes it in the game or not. I just don't like it when people think that a background prop is enough to claim that he is not in the game. That is fallacious. Simply fallacious. I actually had to main Toon Link over Link in Brawl (I was not adequate with Link). At the same time, I have no attachment to him. I would prefer that he was cut for a better Zelda character that isn't a clone. If he did return? I would main him over Link again. Brawl really attenuated my adoration for the character. The new design in Smash 4 looks repugnant. I was actually hoping for a SS redesign.

D

Deleted member

Just because I wasn't part of the debate from the start doesn't mean I can't have an opinion regarding it.

It CAN prevent a debate. This is the Internet: a single mistake can start gruesome flamewars. If you have said from the very beginning that you weren't against Toon Link making it into SSB4, MAYBE no one woulda brought up this whole discussion. If anything, the discussion might have been about Toon Link being replaced by, I dunno, Tingle.
Saying "I am not against Toon Link in Smash 4" would have done absolutely nothing.
The debate wasn't about his chances.

It was about how the argumentation that ST Link is "a different Link" doesn't hold merit towards the case that the stage cameo doesn't prevent Toon Link's return.
But I did state in my initial post that the stage cameo doesn't necessarily prevent his return either. Just that the "different Link" point doesn't apply as to why that is.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Remember when people boldly claimed that Ness was definitely out because of Lucas or how R.O.B. definitely wouldn't be playable because of the R.O.B. enemies? Yeah, that's why I'm not going to boldly claim Toon Link of being definitely cut without more evidence regarding the matter.

All I will say is that we just have to wait for the full roster to be revealed or if Sakurai himself comments on the matter.

Morbi

Scavenger
Saying "I am not against Toon Link in Smash 4" would have done absolutely nothing.

It was about how the argumentation that ST Link is "a different Link" doesn't hold merit towards the case that the stage cameo doesn't prevent Toon Link's return.
But I did state in my initial post that the stage cameo doesn't necessarily prevent his return either. Just that the "different Link" point doesn't apply as to why that is.
What is the point of the debate then? Everyone agrees that a stage cameo is not enough to dictate whether or not he will be in the game. That is all I was arguing.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I would have understood if you simply asserted that Smash utilizes a universal Link. Maybe that is just me though. The notion seems straight to the point.

Edit- It is funny. I don't really care if he makes it in the game or not. I just don't like it when people think that a background prop is enough to claim that he is not in the game. That is fallacious. Simply fallacious. I actually had to main Toon Link over Link in Brawl (I was not adequate with Link). At the same time, I have no attachment to him. I would prefer that he was cut for a better Zelda character that isn't a clone. If he did return? I would main him over Link again. Brawl really attenuated my adoration for the character. The new design in Smash 4 looks repugnant. I was actually hoping for a SS redesign.
Uh, isn't Link in SSB4 in his Skyward Sword incarnation, though?

D

Deleted member

Yeah Golden is actually quite neutral when it comes to Toon Link and is really trying to address both sides. He's not really siding with either side of the "Toon Link is definitely out" or "Toon Link is definitely in" crowd.

Which we should as there really is no way to tell and boldly claiming that he is definitely in or out will probably end up with another Brawl Ness or Melee Mewtwo on our hands.
Exactly.
We don't know what will happen yet.

The stage cameo doesn't automatically mean he's out. It could, but at the same time it could not.
But being a "different Link" doesn't dispel the idea that it could, since all Links are the same in Smash. Or "Smash uses a universal Link", whichever people understand better.

What is the point of the debate then? Everyone agrees that a stage cameo is not enough to dictate whether or not he will be in the game. That is all I was arguing.
*facepalm*
I am really starting to lose my patience. I just said the point of the debate was about the "different Link" argumentation and how it doesn't apply.
Which had been my point from the onset.
How do you want me to rephrase that?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Ohhhhhhh...

Ok, sorry for the confusion.

Morbi

Scavenger
*facepalm*
I am really starting to lose my patience. I just said the point of the debate was about the "different Link" argumentation and how it doesn't apply.
Which had been my point from the onset.
How do you want me to rephrase that?
You are debating yourself then. I don't even really care about that. It is a different Link to me.

D

Deleted member

You are debating yourself then. I don't even really care about that. It is a different Link to me.
If you "didn't really care", you wouldn't have tried to prove me wrong on how the point does stand.

Arguing for a personal opinion makes no sense to debate against a theory/hypothesis formed from compiling information together.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Come on guys, don't start a debate about whether you cared about the argument or not.

New subject, new subject! Or else I will start one.

Fire Emblem! :troll:

D

Deleted member

I was just trying to assert that I think that there is a difference between Wind Waker Link and Spirit Tracks Link. That is all. I was just putting my opinion out there.
I never said otherwise, though.

@Kiwi: Ok. Now time to debate about Chrom. Any volunteers? :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
If you "didn't really care", you wouldn't have tried to prove me wrong on how the point does stand.

Arguing for a personal opinion makes no sense to debate against a theory/hypothesis formed from compiling information together.
I like arguing. It doesn't really need to make sense. You are giving me something fun to do while I pass the time. When it stopped being fun I dropped it. Simple.

Edit- By stating that all Toon Link incarnations are the same. You are alluding to the premise that WW Link and ST Link are the same. That was what I meant.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok so someone catch me up on what is going on now. I wasn't able to get on yesterday besidees in the morning and I'm way to lazy right now to read about what the current topic is.

Also Morbid, where you been man. o.o

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Ok so someone catch me up on what is going on now. I wasn't able to get on yesterday besidees in the morning and I'm way to lazy right now to read about what the current topic is.

Also Morbid, where you been man. o.o
Well, I just got back from being up all-night with Fire Emblem Awakening, so I'm not sure. Also, although it's not scanned yet, half of your requests are done. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, actually, since someone has had their request removed due to be an utter douche, I think I can fit you in to even out the number of requests.
*Hopes that the utter douche didn't request a character that I'd like to see*

If you can say, which characters won't get drawings?:/

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
yay :grin:
a Luigi with the poltergust would be awesome
Oh, Sorry, but I'm kind of only drawing newcomers. Sorry. :c

*Hopes that the utter douche didn't request a character that I'd like to see*

If you can say, which characters won't get drawings?:/
Ninten and Shy Guy, or whatever that green-haired girl from GS: Dark Dawn was named. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, Sorry, but I'm kind of only drawing newcomers. Sorry. :c

Ninten and Shy Guy, or whatever that green-haired girl from GS: Dark Dawn was named. :p

OOOOOOOOh, that's who you were talking about...yeah, I don't mind those not being done. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's hoping we get another character reveal soon! Tomorrow maybe? :troll:

As far as Chrom goes, there are definitely ways that he could be unique from the other lords. Sakurai just has to create a moveset, whether it be from his base lord class with only the Falchion, or if he incorporates lances and other things into Chrom's moveset.

Look at that. Made an argument over a character without spewing insults for no reason. :awesome:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Here's hoping we get another character reveal soon! Tomorrow maybe? :troll:

As far as Chrom goes, there are definitely ways that he could be unique from the other lords. Sakurai just has to create a moveset, whether it be from his base lord class with only the Falchion, or if he incorporates lances and other things into Chrom's moveset.

Look at that. Made an argument over a character without spewing insults for no reason. :awesome:
No, Chrom won't be in because **** you.

But really, I do agree that he can given a moveset that makes him stand out greatly from the other characters.
I mean, after I saw this, I kinda wanted that to be real, even if those moves seem to be entirely made-up.

I hear people say he's too bland or that he'd just be a mix of Marth and Ike, but still.

---

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Should we call in Habanero? After all, he always loves to lecture us about how bland Chrom is.
CORN IS VERY INCREDIBLY BORING NOBODY LIKES CORN PEOPLE WHO LIKE CORN ARE NITWITS WHO SUPPORT CANCER WHY MUST WE WE GET CORN ANGST ANGST ANGST GIRL MARTH IS ACTUALLY MORE POPULAR THEN CORN STOP BEING IN DENIAL ROY'S OUR BOY HE HAS T3H PH1R3 :roymelee: :roymelee: :roymelee: OH MY GOD I'M SO REAR MANGLED RIGHT NOW ENJOY YOUR INCREDIBLY BORING CHARACTER IN YOUR SUPER BASH SISTERS MOTHER****ERS.

lefireemblempicture.jpg

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Fun Fact for those that don't know: Matthew Mercer directed There Will Be Brawl and even did the voicing for Hannibal Kirby Lecter and Ganondorf in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom