• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But you're not, you're just trying to pull out as many excuses as you can to say it can't work in Smash Bros when you get half of them wrong or misinterpret what I say to try and turn it against Sylveon's odds. And who said I prefer Sylveon over Mewtwo again? Seriously. :rolleyes:

Look, I actually keep up with the popularity of Pokemon. Jigglypuff's popularity has dropped immensly in every category. It was not in the Top 100 most popular pokemon list, it's been forgotten by the anime, the world has pretty much stopped caring for Jigglypuff. So please, don't say that her popularity hasn't tanked when you have no proof to back it up.

Skull Kid is a NOT a main antagonist, MAJORA was a main antagonist. Skull Kid was a pawn, a puppet used by Majora and never really had any importance than pissing people off (In OoT, MM AND TP). And just because she's a servant/guard of Zelda she's not that important? Tingle is a freaky 35 year old man who spouts gibberish and sells you maps as he lives in the delusion of being a fairy...which is more important again? Impa's probably the most recurring Zelda character outside of Link, Ganondorf and Zelda, and is probably going to appear in future titles as well.
Are we seriously bringing cannon into this, does it matter weather Skull Kid was TECHNICALLY antagonist or not, not to mention if Majora was the main antagonist, there'd stil be Majora. But, we've already talked about this a million times. I still see no reason to remove JigglyPuff at all. (Also I can assure you there is more than one Top 100 Poke'mon list :rolleyes:)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Now that someone brought it up, the Genesect movie's plot is.... Bad. :ohwell:
What is the plot exactly?

Do you mean she's going to be? Because she's only been in one so far, or are you referring to the Sheikah in general?
Impa has been in Ocarina of Time, the Oracle of Seasons/Ages, and Skyward Sword. :p

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The character Impa has been in 5 games (Skyward Sword, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Zelda 2 and Ocarina of Time), while also being a cameo in Wind Waker and she appears in the instruction booklet of Zelda 1.

The character Tingle has been in 5 games (Oracle of Ages, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap and Four Swords), in addition to his three DS spin-off games.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Are we seriously bringing cannon into this, does it matter weather Skull Kid was TECHNICALLY antagonist or not, not to mention if Majora was the main antagonist, there'd stil be Majora. But, we've already talked about this a million times. I still see no reason to remove JigglyPuff at all. (Also I can assure you there is more than one Top 100 Poke'mon list :rolleyes:)
I'm talking about the huge list by IGN that was completely voted-based by fans of the franchise. Jigglypuff was nowhere to be found on the list while Mewtwo, Lucario, every pokemon the Pokemon trainer has, Pikachu, and all but one Eeveelution made it on. And Majora serves no major importance to the franchise, it's a one-time villain with less popularity than Ghirahim. :rolleyes:

Someone had posted a link which had the plot's summary....
Which page?

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman

Well it's technically not the same person, but the same could be said for every Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.
P.S I liked the boobs better 0.0
The character Tingle has been in 5 games (Oracle of Ages, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap and Four Swords), in addition to his three DS spin-off games.
Let's not forget the SS cameo.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm talking about the huge list by IGN that was completely voted-based by fans of the franchise. Jigglypuff was nowhere to be found on the list while Mewtwo, Lucario, every pokemon the Pokemon trainer has, Pikachu, and all but one Eeveelution made it on. And Majora serves no major importance to the franchise, it's a one-time villain with less popularity than Ghirahim. :rolleyes:
Which page?
Majora serves no major importance to the franchise. less popularity than Ghirahim.

Also fans make Poke'mon lists ALL THE TIME! What makes THOSE fans' opinions count more, because of WHERE they posted it? A site that's well known, but makes horrible and unfair reviews?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Here, found a summary on serebii: http://www.serebii.net/movies/genesect/

Also, a pretty good preview of the movie (in Japanese): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRL4dEILB0Y
Wow...that's one of the dumbest premises I've ever seen for a Pokemon movie. The only thing that shocks me is that a Genesect is capable of speech and that Mewtwo is now confirmed to be a girl and not just a creature with a more gentle personality. I haven't seen a premise that bad in a Pokemon movie since the Manaphy Movie.

The character Impa has been in 5 games (Skyward Sword, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Zelda 2 and Ocarina of Time), while also being a cameo in Wind Waker and she appears in the instruction booklet of Zelda 1.

The character Tingle has been in 5 games (Oracle of Ages, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap and Four Swords), in addition to his three DS spin-off games and is hated by Americans.
I just threw in an extra thing that is kind of the reason why Tingle has no chance.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It's probably the new original smash stage. Melee got Final Destination and Brawl got Battlefield, which was also shown off in Brawl's reveal trailer, so this probably follows that same trend. This may/may not disconfirm Little Mac and that supposed "leak".
Except that Battlefield and Final Destination have been in all three games. Granted, in 64 you could only play on them in Classic Mode (and Battlefield was actually called "Duel Zone"), and in Melee you had to unlock both, but they're there.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Majora serves no major importance to the franchise. less popularity than Ghirahim.

(Insert Stupid Seizure Glitch here)

Also fans make Poke'mon lists ALL THE TIME! What makes THOSE fans' opinions count more, because of WHERE they posted it? A site that's well known, but makes horrible and unfair reviews?
A main villain in an alternate dimension means nothing over a hugely popular villain that has actually contributed to the series, you seriously need to deal with the fact that Skull Kid has no chance and comparing Skull Kid to Impa is a dumb idea. And what makes those fans count more? Buddy, these were votes taken all across the world by fans of the franchise, Charizard won fair and square. And while the site itself is horrible, the fans are the ones that voted, not the editors picking their top 100. You've still yet to give me proof that proves Jigglypuff's popularity by the way.

Actually, Ghirahim is behind Skull Kid on Shortie's poll. :p

That said, I don't think either of them deserve to be included over Impa, Tingle and Vaati.
No, they don't. And I'm surprised people actually like Skull Kid, or should I say Majora, more. Ghirahim is just an overall more likeable character to me.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Wow...that's one of the dumbest premises I've ever seen for a Pokemon movie. The only thing that shocks me is that a Genesect is capable of speech and that Mewtwo is now confirmed to be a girl and not just a creature with a more gentle personality. I haven't seen a premise that bad in a Pokemon movie since the Manaphy Movie.
I'm pretty sure it's the same premise all Pokemon movies have: Evil Pokemon/human hates everyone because the world is harsh. Ash and friends go through a roller coaster and fight the big bad either directly or indirectly. The big bad has a moment of revelation where they discover the world is beautiful and friendship is magic. The End.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm pretty sure it's the same premise all Pokemon movies have: Evil Pokemon/human hates everyone because the world is harsh. Ash and friends go through a roller coaster and fight the big bad either directly or indirectly. The big bad has a moment of revelation where they discover the world is beautiful and friendship is magic. The End.
Well, not really. It wasn't like that in the Third, Fifth, or sixth movie.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I honestly don't like another Zelda rep... Triforce trio is enough, imo.
But if I had to go with another one...

Oracles or Twinrova ,either will do.

and then with the more popular choice, Impa.

(to be brutally honest, I rather have OoT Impa, then Fat Impa from the Oracle games, and LAST SS Impa)

Then I'd go for Ricky the boxing Kangaroo.

Then, Classic Link IF there had to be another Link taking Toon Link's place. But I usually don't take multiple versions of the same character nicely.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

Impa also appears in the manual for AoL. For those arguing that Impa replace Sheik for SS Zelda: That doesn't make sense because Zelda doesn't transorm into Impa. You could make it an explosion or something but still it would be awkward transition since they dont have the same type of relationship as any other transformation characters (really it would be just two characters shoehorned together). The simply answer should team use SS Zelda is to make up an SS Sheik. They've done it before.Impa is more likely to be her own character than be a replacement for Sheik.

Starbound

Yeah, Impa is better as a standalone character, rather than a Zelda transformation.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This thread just recycles topics, I swear.

I doubt Zelda is going to get a rep in the first place. Similar to Mario, they already have the four most important characters (three if you don't count Toon Link). While Skull kid may be "popular", there are several other categories that he doesn't win in.

As I've said before, Sakurai is not an idiot, and he is not going to add a character based on the popularity of a character from a niche group. Skull Kid's popularity for Smash is nowhere near the likes of Ridley, K.Rool, etc... If Skull Kid CONSISTENTLY placed high on polls (that aren't rigged) then I would be convinced. I have yet to see that.

On Mewtwo, at this point it might just be easier to implement him/her/it as its normal form, with the forms as a Final Smash.

EDIT: I WOULD like to mention that Majora isn't important to the franchise timeline/storyline wise, not even close to Ghirahim. Popularity is a different story.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
All this talk of Skull Kid....
Recently my friend got into an argument with me that Skull Kid was more likely than Ridley. RIDLEY.
Saying that Ridley had no character, and Skull Kid was such an influential and tragic story compared to the "bland" Ridley.
I was in fits. Oh man. There was more to it, but that's ultimately what it came down to. Had the gal to say I lost the argument, when none of points made sense and didn't have relevance too.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
This thread just recycles topics, I swear.

I doubt Zelda is going to get a rep in the first place. Similar to Mario, they already have the four most important characters (three if you don't count Toon Link). While Skull kid may be "popular", there are several other categories that he doesn't win in.

As I've said before, Sakurai is not an idiot, and he is not going to add a character based on the popular of a niche group. Skull Kid's popularity for Smash is nowhere near the likes of Ridley, K.Rool, etc... If Skull Kid CONSISTENTLY placed high on polls (that aren't rigged) then I would be convinced. I have yet to see that.

On Mewtwo, at this point it might just be easier to implement him/her/it as its normal form, with the forms as a Final Smash.

EDIT: I WOULD like to mention that Majora isn't important to the franchise timeline/storyline wise, not even close to Ghirahim. Popularity is a different story.
The thread has already covered possibilities for new reps for all the franchises in Brawl at one point or another, and any new character/franchise usually gets passed over quickly, or gets stamped with the "unlikely" label, which is why we find ourselves where we started so often.
High polls don't necessarily guarantee a character a spot either because, in the end, Sakurai puts in who he wants whether the fans suggested it or not.

Starbound

Recently my friend got into an argument with me that Skull Kid was more likely than Ridley. RIDLEY.
Saying that Ridley had no character, and Skull Kid was such an influential and tragic story compared to the "bland" Ridley.
I was in fits. Oh man. There was more to it, but that's ultimately what it came down to. Had the gal to say I lost the argument, when none of points made sense and didn't have relevance too.
Sounds like one of my friends who told me that Knuckles should be in the next game instead of King K. Rool.

...that didn't go over well.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like one of my friends who told me that Knuckles should be in the next game instead of King K. Rool.

I feel your pain....
I've gotten into arguments with this friend over Skull Kid so many times. He finally conceded to Ghirahim, but still won't accept the second major Metroid character. ugh...
It only causes anger it seems

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman

Yup, not everyone can be as Smashtasic as we are. My friend wanted Shadow the Hedgehog over Ridley for SSB4.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
A main villain in an alternate dimension means nothing over a hugely popular villain that has actually contributed to the series, you seriously need to deal with the fact that Skull Kid has no chance and comparing Skull Kid to Impa is a dumb idea. And what makes those fans count more? Buddy, these were votes taken all across the world by fans of the franchise, Charizard won fair and square. And while the site itself is horrible, the fans are the ones that voted, not the editors picking their top 100. You've still yet to give me proof that proves Jigglypuff's popularity by the way.

No, they don't. And I'm surprised people actually like Skull Kid, or should I say Majora, more. Ghirahim is just an overall more likeable character to me.
Those aren't ALL the Poke'mon fans existing in the world. And be more specific when you mean a character is important to the timeline and not to the fans of the series. I don't see what makes you so sure a character has to be important to the timeline. Impa is not really important to the timeline. Also if you don't like Skull Kid that's not a reason. Why should accept Skull Kid has literally no chance when that clearly is not the case at all. Comparing Skull Kid to Impa is not a dumb idea because he had more impact on Zelda fans than Impa did. And I don't need a poll to prove JigglyPuff's popularity. Do you honestly mean to tell me you think JigglyPuff is NOT a popular Poke'mon. That's just unbelievable. I shouldn't HAVE to prove her popularity because YOU don't see why.

Your roster is mostly just based off what you WANT. You want Sylveon, put her in. You don't like JigglyPuff, take her out. You don't like Skull Kid, don't talk about him. You like Impa better than other Zelda characters so get rid of Sheik.

I don't think ANYBODY wants to go in another pointless loop saying what's ALREADY been said about these Zelda characters. So I'm not going to repeat what's been said to death.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It personally sounds like your friend has never played a Metroid game. But hey, I've seen worse...and by that I namely mean every comment section of every youtube video about Smash Bros.

I shouldn't HAVE to prove her popularity because YOU don't see why. So you can't prove it can you? Give me one piece of information that Jigglypuff is STILL popular, because all I see is an excuse to go searching for one and not find anything.

Your roster is mostly just based off what you WANT. You want Sylveon, put her in. You don't like JigglyPuff, take her out. You don't like Skull Kid, don't talk about him. You like Impa better than other Zelda characters so get rid of Sheik. Why would I ever get rid of Sheik? Impa and Sheik can play completely differently, and I never said I don't like Jigglypuff, I LOVE using Jigglypuff, but she's not as important as she used to be.

I don't think ANYBODY wants to go in another pointless loop saying what's ALREADY been said about these Zelda characters. So I'm not going to repeat what's been said to death. Especially when you can't accept the fact that Skull Kid is still a worthless character to the series.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Those aren't ALL the Poke'mon fans existing in the world. And be more specific when you mean a character is important to the timeline and not to the fans of the series. I don't see what makes you so sure a character has to be important to the timeline. Impa is not really important to the timeline. Also if you don't like Skull Kid that's not a reason. Why should accept Skull Kid has literally no chance when that clearly is not the case at all. Comparing Skull Kid to Impa is not a dumb idea because he had more impact on Zelda fans than Impa did. And I don't need a poll to prove JigglyPuff's popularity. Do you honestly mean to tell me you think JigglyPuff is NOT a popular Poke'mon. That's just unbelievable. I shouldn't HAVE to prove her popularity because YOU don't see why.

Your roster is mostly just based off what you WANT. You want Sylveon, put her in. You don't like JigglyPuff, take her out. You don't like Skull Kid, don't talk about him. You like Impa better than other Zelda characters so get rid of Sheik.

I don't think ANYBODY wants to go in another pointless loop saying what's ALREADY been said about these Zelda characters. So I'm not going to repeat what's been said to death.

I agree, everyone is going to have bias. FE, Zelda, and Pokemon are all going to have a little bias in everyone. I personally don't think Skull Kid is too significant, and I also think Ghirahim has a better move set potential, but that's just me.

It personally sounds like your friend has never played a Metroid game. But hey, I've seen worse...and by that I namely mean every comment section of every youtube video about Smash Bros.

The YouTube comments are disgusting, I don't even look anymore.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think all games are important to the franchise unless otherwise stated. So Majora's Mask is just as important as Twilight Princess. And the characters within them do not get importance from the mere fact they appear in the game. It's the role they play in the overall timeline, and even that's up for debate. A great of deal opinion goes into that, because it's impossible to remove most of these villain's importance outside of the context of their game. Because really, the only people who continually play an important role in the Zelda Timeline are Link, Zelda, and Ganon, hence their smash appearances and only them. If you want to argue a different criteria, like I do with Tingle, I think that is a better argument.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
But we don't know if Mewtwo's new form is supposed to be a stronger Mewtwo, or a Mewtwo that takes a different approach to how it battles (IE It has more defense, less speed for more [special] attack, etc.) If it's the former, then having it be his Final Smash wouldn't make sense. I don't mean to beat an old topic into to the ground, but we just don't know what this new from does. Unless the movie has shown something new...

Noah J. Linderer said:
I shouldn't HAVE to prove her popularity because YOU don't see why.
No...that's not how arguments work. You say something is there, someone else says it isn't. The burden of proof is on you to show them that it is there.
Not that it really matters...we all know that Jiggles is going to get in anyway despite not being as popular as it was.

Let's just start talking about how Ness is going to cut while we're at it. :troll:

Gune

Smash Lord
Okay guys grade A idea I came up with it while eating a corndog that was hotter than the sun! Okay so you know the food items right and how people like to hog them and recover health what if some food was super Mutha****** hot and the person would eat it yell (the yell's will be unique to each character) then runaround in circles till there mouth cools down or they get hit punishment for hogging the food! Genius? Yes I know.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys grade A idea I came up with it while eating a corndog that was hotter than the sun! Okay so you know the food items right and how people like to hog them and recover health what if some food was super Mutha****** hot and the person would eat it yell (the yell's will be unique to each character) then runaround in circles till there mouth cools down or they get hit punishment for hogging the food! Genius? Yes I know.
What did I just read? Another reason to turn off items?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think that corndog may have fried something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom