• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's Smash, it doesn't need to be 100% logical and accurate.

Otherwise, Jigglypuff grabbing on to people just by poking them would not be. Pretty sure a Jigglypuff can't actually grab another character due to its stubby, fingerless arms/hands, with the only excuse being "Kirby does it". In fact, a hefty sum of Jigglypuff's attacks were taken from Kirby.

And like I said, early moveset. At this point, I would take B/W into account and also have Eevee latch onto the opponent to grab them.

You also talk as if being limited in physical capability is a bad thing. That since Sylveon has those ribbon things, it will magically have more to work with.
NEWSFLASH: All that means that instead of tail attacks, Sylveon will be limited to using the ribbons for the exact same purpose. And instead of "psychic projectiles", it has to resort to "magic projectiles", which in the context of Smash, is barely different.

So what have we learned?
Eevee and all its evolutions are all just as capable to grab and attack, though how they would depends on the 'Eon. And all are just as limited in what they can do as the others.
Sylveon is not a special case in any regard.
Well, actually, you're wrong on the limited to ribbons. Sylveon has the ability to use ribbons, tail, kicks, headbutts, and pretty much anything else another Eeveelution could do plus more. And it's more than magic projectiles, as I already stated. So yes, the grabbing thing is out of the window, but it still doesn't change the fact that Sylveon has more to work with than any other Eeveelution does. So yes, in a case, Sylveon is special, you just overlooked what else it can do other than ribbon attacks.

I second this. How about the Mario Franchise or the next reveal?
What I want to know is knowing what that Boxing ring really is. Is it an originl Smash Bros stage? A representation of the Dedede battle stage in Kirby Super Star or a Punch-Out stage? Basically what I'm saying is that they should just release Little Mac if that's what the stage is supposed to represent.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
now idk if Nintendo is able to function in a similar manner but thats how it's usually done.
Well considering that New Super Mario Brothers U / Streetpass Mii Plaza updated regardless of me purchasing any of the new content, I could say this would be a yes.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
What I want to know is knowing what that Boxing ring really is. Is it a Smash Bros stage? A representation of the Dedede battle stage in Kirby Super Star or a Punch-Out stage. Basically what I'm saying is that they should just release Little Mac if that's what the stage is supposed to represent.
:ohwell: But what if it's actually a Punch Out!! stage, but its like Smashville in Brawl? (A stage that doesn't have a character to go with it.)

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Are you under the impression that you couldnt use a DLC character online unless other people have bought it? cause thats not how it works. when a dlc is released ur game would go through an update to accamodate the new content in both the servers and ur own game regardless of whether or not u buy said content at the time. online u could still use a character/skin/stage that a person who hasnt bought it because they still did the free game updates. thats how Marvel vs Capcom 3, Playstation Allstars, Street Fighter X Tekken etc do it generally speaking. now idk if Nintendo is able to function in a similar manner but thats how it's usually done.
This can be done but I somehow feel that this is unfair to people who have found their faves appearing in DLC compared to the free integrated fighters...

I really don't want to see DLCs on sale for SSB, but it'd be cool for some extras that can't be really used online. Such as more target stages, VS polygon fighters, platform stages, events, etc, besides regular stages and characters.

Well if your friend wanted to play with the DLC and didn't buy it, (s)he would just have to play on your console. Or you could bring over your SD card. But you could always copy your data over to theirs, they would have to put some sort of safety on that.
I will not wanna live on this planet anymore when I see this happening...

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
:ohwell: But what if it's actually a Punch Out!! stage, but its like Smashville in Brawl? (A stage that doesn't have a character to go with it.)
It's probably the new original smash stage. Melee got Final Destination and Brawl got Battlefield, which was also shown off in Brawl's reveal trailer, so this probably follows that same trend. This may/may not disconfirm Little Mac and that supposed "leak".

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
As a HARD-GEN.......................Lucario is cooler than Mewtwo THERE I SAID IT!!!! I really hope he stays in SSB4!

Also back when I was a lad. I made my own little Stage Selection years ago, and the Kirby stage I picked was Dedede's Stadium. But I thought having a stadium was a dumb idea for a smash stage, but apparently they did it exactly as I imagined. I do worry this may mean no Little Mac.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Little Mac is like....one of the most likely characters. He's not gonna get a stage and no character slot
It's probably the new original smash stage. Melee got Final Destination and Brawl got Battlefield, which was also shown off in Brawl's reveal trailer, so this probably follows that same trend. This may/may not disconfirm Little Mac and that supposed "leak".
I hope you guys are right, even if it isn't a Punch Out stage, Little Mac still deserves a spot on the roster.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Well, actually, you're wrong on the limited to ribbons. Sylveon has the ability to use ribbons, tail, kicks, headbutts, and pretty much anything else another Eeveelution could do plus more.
Pikachu can already do all of these, plus he has electricity and the fan base of a life time.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Page 256. Keep posting and the next page might be the screen of death.

Ugh, Pokemon. Why do we always end up at Pokemon?
Because Pokemon has a large and varied cast of characters, so who will get in and who will be replaced is a bit more unpredictable. Same goes for Fire Emblem.

As a HARD-GEN.......................Lucario is cooler than Mewtwo THERE I SAID IT!!!! I really hope he stays in SSB4!

Also back when I was a lad. I made my own little Stage Selection years ago, and the Kirby stage I picked was Dedede's Stadium. But I thought having a stadium was a dumb idea for a smash stage, but apparently they did it exactly as I imagined. I do worry this may mean no Little Mac.
What's a "HARD-GEN"? lol
Do you mean someone who grew up with gen 1, like myself?

---

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Pikachu can already do all of these, plus he has electricity and the fan base of a life time.
We're already passed this. And if we're going by that logic, Ike can't use a sword because Marth does.

Regardless of what it is, I highly doubt Little Mac is going to be left out of this game.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
This can be done but I somehow feel that this is unfair to people who have found their faves appearing in DLC compared to the free integrated fighters...

I really don't want to see DLCs on sale for SSB, but it'd be cool for some extras that can't be really used online. Such as more target stages, VS polygon fighters, platform stages, events, etc, besides regular stages and characters.
thats a really bad reason to exclude dlc as an option. now i personally dont want DLC for other reasons such as balancing issues and other more nitpicky stuff that i dont wanna get into. but it has nothing to do with being "fair" or "unfair" cause in the end the other option is that the character could just skip out on Smash bros all together and i think most fans would rather the dlc option over no option at all.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Page 256. Keep posting and the next page might be the screen of death.

Because Pokemon has a large and varied cast of characters, so who will get in and who will be replaced is a bit more unpredictable. Same goes for Fire Emblem.

What's a "HARD-GEN"? lol
Do you mean someone who grew up with gen 1, like myself?[/quote]

Yes, it means you are mostly affiliated with Gen 1 and don't really like the other Poke'mon. But, I'm not completely Hard Gen. I am 100% okay with and enjoy Gen 2. And no it's not my nostalgia the new poke'mon look stupid. (with exceptions)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

There...is this any better? I added back in Ike and Lucario. The only character cut is Jigglypuff, which is a character I'm already seriously unsure of in so many ways for so many reasons.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

There...is this any better? I added back in Ike and Lucario. The only character cut is Jigglypuff, which is a character I'm already seriously unsure of in so many ways for so many reasons.
1. Jigglypuff is too popular of a Poke'mon character as well as one of the original 12. She is more popular than Sylveon & Lucario if you ask me.

2. Saki should be Isa, but I doubt there will even be a Sin & Punishment rep.

3. You get a plus for Toon Link, but I can't say for Impa one way or the other. I doubt it because we have Sheik so she's not entirely necessary. Maybe Impa should be an assist Trophy. Impa should be an assist trophy. In fact that's what I honestly predict will happen. After all she is more Zelda's guardian/assistant rather than a major Zelda character.

This roster IS improved, but could use those few tweaks. I suggest that if you want a 5th Zelda rep either Skull Kid or better yet Tingle.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

With fewer cuts, I'll happily give it more points. :) (Yes, I like it better.)

moshiman

Smash Rookie
I'm just gonna ignore the current subject of debate and post my top five most wanted newcomers:

In no particular order:
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
2. Koopa Bros. (Mario)
3. Shulk (Xenoblade)
4. Little Mac (Punch Out!)
5. Ridley (Metroid)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
1. Jigglypuff is too popular of a Poke'mon character as well as one of the original 12. She is more popular than Sylveon & Lucario if you ask me.

2. Saki should be Isa, but I doubt there will even be a Sin & Punishment rep.

3. You get a plus for Toon Link, but I can't say for Impa one way or the other. I doubt it because we have Sheik so she's not entirely necessary. Maybe Impa should be an assist Trophy. After all she is more Zelda's guardian/assistant rather than a major Zelda character.

This roster IS improved, but could use those few tweaks. I suggest that if you want a 5th Zelda rep either Skull Kid or better yet Tingle.
Actually, Jigglypuff's popularity has tanked almost everywhere. She's not as popular as Lucario or any evolution of Eevee as of now, it's fallen flat on its face.

As for the Saki/Isa....either is good, they'd act/fight basically the same.

Impa is a more important/recurring character than Skull Kid and Tingle, having multiple important roles throughout the franchise. And who says Impa and Sheik would fight the same exactly? Impa is much more deserving a spot than Skull Kid and Tingle, especially since she's a really popular character, being the second most popular SS character aside from Ghirahim.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
What....what?! Cut Jigglypuff? Lucario/Ike/Toon Link are WAY more questionable of returning than it is. But hey, you can't please everyone, so just piss off Lucario fans instead.:p

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well you said that Sylveon is unique in the fact that she uses those things, which she isn't.
You must have misinterpreted. What I said is that the all Eeveelutions can do that, but Sylveon can do more than that. Seriously, why are you trying so hard to prove me wrong?

I'm just gonna ignore the current subject of debate and post my top five most wanted newcomers:

In no particular order:
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
2. Koopa Bros. (Mario)
3. Shulk (Xenoblade)
4. Little Mac (Punch Out!)
5. Ridley (Metroid)
Do you mean the Koopa Bros from Paper Mario 64? If so...why?

moshiman

Smash Rookie
Yeh the ones from paper mario, I have no reason, I've just always liked the characters and want to see them in more games.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
You must have misinterpreted. What I said is that the all Eeveelutions can do that, but Sylveon can do more than that. Seriously, why are you trying so hard to prove me wrong?

It's not personal, if you, the guy next door, or even Obama was trying to say Sylveon should be in over Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, or the Pokemon Trainer, I would give reasons why she shouldn't.

.....What? You're not seriously implying....

Oh yeah, I just went there :laugh:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeh the ones from paper mario, I have no reason, I've just always liked the characters and want to see them in more games.
They were great characters, very memorably funny. Not quite as much as Junior Troopa, but still memorable none-the-less. I'm just going to say though, maybe they'll appear in a future Paper Mario title, maybe one for the Wii U, but when it comes to Smash Bros, we'd need Paper Mario first.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Actually, Jigglypuff's popularity has tanked almost everywhere. She's not as popular as Lucario or any evolution of Eevee as of now, it's fallen flat on its face.

As for the Saki/Isa....either is good, they'd act/fight basically the same.

Impa is a more important/recurring character than Skull Kid and Tingle, having multiple important roles throughout the franchise. And who says Impa and Sheik would fight the same exactly? Impa is much more deserving a spot than Skull Kid and Tingle, especially since she's a really popular character, being the second most popular SS character aside from Ghirahim.
JigglyPuff's popularity is not tanked, and she's still one of the original 12. If you are reffering to her popularity as a SMASH character rather than a Poke'mon character than MAYBE. JigglyPuff got into SSB for a reason and I highly doubt she would be prioritzed over Mewtwo in Brawl if she wasn't an important Poke'mon rep. Ness is the ONLY 12 that's LIKELY to be removed, because it was planned in the last 2 installments.

And I do disagree with Impa. Skull Kid was a main antagonist as well as the second most popular one, and Tingle is a more popular Zelda character. Sure Impa is important, but she'd really just a servant/guard for Zelda. That doesn't mean she can't work though.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Yay we're back to Pokemon!... Wait, what's this? Oh, well, I'll show Genesect the latest rosters.

... Oh my, he didn't take the news well.

Gune

Smash Lord
I supported Eevee for smash like a nut when I was younger, but realized this will probably never happen. Mewtwo and Eevee are my two favorite pokemon actually. It's just, theres no way he could switch, and what's Eevee without his eeveelutions? [besides cute af]
I like the evolve into one at random after a final smash attack. But the movesets of all the eeveelutions would have to be similar because theres no way they'd make that many unique movesets for characters that never show up aside for after a final smash.
Maybe if the Rival, had a party of eeveelutions? Idk.
And on Lucario. he's an awesome pokemon, no doubbt about that. He's still super popular as well. It's just...I really wouldn't care if he got cut because they don't know what to do with him! In brawl he's slow as hell, and nothing like he is anywhere else. He's a quick nimble fighter and that's how he should be. Not a thick *** mewtwo clone.
No one ever appreciates Lucario's martial art's he even developed the style himself and I personally think it fits him, he's calm and collected waiting for the moment when the enemy slips up and then he strikes fast and hard, and please dont refer to Lucario as a Mewtwo clone when he is clearly not.

moshiman

Smash Rookie
Of course, I'm not saying that I'd ever see them in a smash bros. game, they're just some of my personal requests

(On a side note, how do you quote posts?)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Yay we're back to Pokemon!... Wait, what's this? Oh, well, I'll show Genesect the latest rosters.

... Oh my, he didn't take the news well.
Pokemon: The First Movie all over again?

Eh, the Genesect movie's plot is.... Bad. :ohwell:
You could also say that for the other more recent films, but that's probably just my nostalgia acting up.

(EDIT: wait, what? I thought this was the Social thread for a second.)

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
And I do disagree with Impa. Skull Kid was a main antagonist as well as the second most popular one, and Tingle is a more popular Zelda character. Sure Impa is important, but she'd really just a servant/guard for Zelda. That doesn't mean she can't work though.
Impa has so much of a better move set than Tingle. They only reason Impa would be in was if Sheik was cut. So if you don't like Impa, your are probably safe. I don't see Sakurai cutting Sheik, but it would be the logical choice. I've personally grown from supporting Impa, to now supporting Sheik. But Impa > Tingle for move set potential.
(On a side note, how do you quote posts?)

Hit the reply button.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's not personal, if you, the guy next door, or even Obama was trying to say Sylveon should be in over Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, or the Pokemon Trainer, I would give reasons why she shouldn't.
But you're not, you're just trying to pull out as many excuses as you can to say it can't work in Smash Bros when you get half of them wrong or misinterpret what I say to try and turn it against Sylveon's odds. And who said I prefer Sylveon over Mewtwo again? Seriously. :rolleyes:

JigglyPuff's popularity is not tanked, and she's still one of the original 12. If you are reffering to her popularity as a SMASH character rather than a Poke'mon character than MAYBE. JigglyPuff got into SSB for a reason and I highly doubt she would be prioritzed over Mewtwo in Brawl if she wasn't an important Poke'mon rep. Ness is the ONLY 12 that's LIKELY to be removed, because it was planned in the last 2 installments.

Look, I actually keep up with the popularity of Pokemon. Jigglypuff's popularity has dropped immensly in every category. It was not in the Top 100 most popular pokemon list, it's been forgotten by the anime, the world has pretty much stopped caring for Jigglypuff. So please, don't say that her popularity hasn't tanked when you have no proof to back it up.

Skull Kid is a NOT a main antagonist, MAJORA was a main antagonist. Skull Kid was a pawn, a puppet used by Majora and never really had any importance than pissing people off (In OoT, MM AND TP). And just because she's a servant/guard of Zelda she's not that important? Tingle is a freaky 35 year old man who spouts gibberish and sells you maps as he lives in the delusion of being a fairy...which is more important again? Impa's probably the most recurring Zelda character outside of Link, Ganondorf and Zelda, and is probably going to appear in future titles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom