• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I like it, I'm just not too sure on if Sylveon's "Bowties"can be used as arms or not.
I would also recommend adding back Ike since FE is large enough to have at least 3 characters.
From what I've seen of Sylveon, it can have full control over how its bows move. Of course they won't show animations of them punching or smacking someone in the face in X/Y because it probably has no attacks like that, but it's there. And I'll keep Ike in mind for next roster.

Go home Hotfeet, you're drunk
Y-You don't own me! I-I'm perfectly capabbbble of d-driving! :estatic:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys...Guys...

**** Face Pac-Man for Smash 4. He'll steal the show, your women, and your soul ALL AT ONCE!
If he had teeth like in the show, it would have been much worse. *shudders* But that doesn't mean that I'll stop supporting Pacster.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If he had teeth like in the show, it would have been much worse. *shudders* But that doesn't mean that I'll stop supporting Pacster.
You know you're doing something bad when a Pac-Man in a Mech from SFxT is better than that of the new Pac-Man...seriously, at least they made him somewhat true to his series...like talking in symbols from the old Pac-Man arcade title rather than an obnoxious voice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know you're doing something bad when a Pac-Man in a Mech from SFxT is better than that of the new Pac-Man...seriously, at least they made him somewhat true to his series...like talking in symbols from the old Pac-Man arcade title rather than an obnoxious voice.
If I recall, doesn't he have a voice in SFxT too? I did remember that he do a creepy laugh when ever his partner dies in a tag team match.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If I recall, doesn't he have a voice in SFxT too? I did remember that he do a creepy laugh when ever his partner dies in a tag team match.
Well he does have a voice yes, but he didn't actually talk, but rather just made noises and laughed, that's pretty much it. How he does so without ever closing his mouth I will never know....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well he does have a voice yes, but he didn't actually talk, but rather just made noises and laughed, that's pretty much it. How he does so without ever closing his mouth I will never know....
At least the Villager will be silent. I would **** bricks if he talked.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
-The Eevee family's importance in the franchise across the series since the beginning
-The last mascot pokemon to not be represented in Smash
-The series as of now, with a huge abundance of fairy types
etc.
Did you just throw "etc." in to make it sound like there are more we don't know?

Sad that you cut lucario for only one reason ("relevancy")

Sounds like you outright cut him for Sylveon :(

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Here, I cut down the roster to 47 characters and made some appropriate tweaks.

Cuts: Ike, Lucario
Newcomers: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, MegaMan, Paper Mario, King K.Rool, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Chrom, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, Shulk.

Sylveon as a whole represents...

-The Eevee family's importance in the franchise across the series since the beginning
-The last mascot pokemon to not be represented in Smash - There are always going to be new Pokemon, and Sakurai wonb't be able to put in every single one.
-The series as of now, with a huge abundance of fairy types - Jigglypuff is a Fairy type.
etc.

Lucario > Sylveon

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Did you just throw "etc." in to make it sound like there are more we don't know?

Sad that you cut lucario for only one reason ("relevancy")

Sounds like you outright cut him for Sylveon :(
Well the etc. are just the smaller reasons that pretty much connect to the others, so just repeating myself isn't a good idea.

And no, I didn't cut Lucario for Sylveon, especially since I've had other Pokemon like Genesect and Zoroark on my roster at different points in time. But hey, as I've said, it's all up in the air at this point, so who knows what will happen honestly? It's not like I'm going to cry if Lucario gets in, I'll probably use him occasionally, but I do like to have some diversity in the Pokemon roster. If Pokemon is a series that is always changing, having the same reps from the previous game doesn't seem like a good idea in my eye. But hey, that's opinion and you don't need to agree with it.

Lucario > Sylveon
That's nice. It's your opinion and I respect it, but don't try and force me to think the same.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm not forcing you to do anything, I'm just stating that your logic doesn't apply.
Logic always applies to everything my dear friend. But if you think you can over-reason that Lucario is more important than the Eevee family...there's kind of an issue with that not being true in the slightest. Now move on, I don't want another Noah conversation.

I like how everyone concludes with "who knows what will happen." Somewhat of a predictable sentence with no logic behind it.
But we don't know what will happen. Well...sure we can predict the obvious things like the original 20 returning, but as for the newcomers and what direction will be taken with newcomers, we have no surefire idea. I think the Wii Fit Trainer is a good example of this.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Come on people, not having Lucario isn't that bad. Do I like?No, not really. Is it possible for Lucario to leave? Yes it is. Now let's move onto something else, shall we?

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Logic always applies to everything my dear friend. But if you think you can over-reason that Lucario is more important than the Eevee family...there's kind of an issue with that not being true in the slightest. Now move on, I don't want another Noah conversation.

Alright, first bashing on Noah, that had nothing to do with him is uncalled for, and half of your "logical" reasons like Sylveon represents Fairy types, well so does Jigglypuff.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Alright, first bashing on Noah, that had nothing to do with him is uncalled for, and half of your "logical" reasons like Sylveon represents Fairy types, well so does Jigglypuff.
That wasn't a bash, that was a statement of a conversation being carried on for too long, which Noah likes to do. It's not like I said "OH HEZ STUPID BCUZ HE TALK TOO MUCH". And also, only one reason was connected to the new type. And we're not even sure of Jigglypuff's future, that and the fact that its moveset probably won't be changed due to being somewhat iconic in the series. The point is that's not enough to support your counter-argument and are pretty much wasting comment space at this point.

Come on people, not having Lucario isn't that bad. Do I like?No, not really. Is it possible for Lucario to leave? Yes it is. Now let's move onto something else, shall we?
Yes, please do, let's move on before one reason is held accountable for everything. Here's a question, what's your preferation of Snake for Smash Bros 4? Solid Snake or Naked Snake?

D

Deleted member

Lucario may not be more important in the long run compared to Eevee and the Eevee Family as a whole unit, but I'm pretty damn sure Lucario is more important than Sylveon individually.

And I'm also sure that Sylveon is not Eevee nor represents the Eevee Family as a whole.

Reznor

work in progress
Lucario may not be more important in the long run compared to Eevee and the Eevee Family as a whole unit, but I'm pretty damn sure Lucario is more important than Sylveon individually.

And I'm also sure that Sylveon is not Eevee nor represents the Eevee Family as a whole.
we don't know how important Sylveon is yet she might be a major part of the game or the Anime so I wouldn't write her off yet also Lucario has become way less important

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
we don't know how important Sylveon is yet she might be a major part of the game or the Anime so I wouldn't write her off yet also Lucario has become way less important
Lucario is more important than Zoroark and Sylveon (so far, but most likely forever).

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman

I agree, there are so many better choices of characters. Lucario is very important and has a unique moveset, he is also very versatile meaning if when Mewtwo comes back, they can change some of his moves to hand to hand combat.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Lucario is good Steel/Fight type pokemon that fits in pretty well as a Smash Bros fighter, better suited than any other pokemons you can ever got in mind for SSB. He's like Mario in Pokemon-esque (look at Mario and Lucario's movesets, you'd be surprised that Lucario is like Luigified clone of Mario!)... He's very unique to others thanks to his Aura moves, and that IS diversity. I can guaranteed that he's going to stay because of his uniqueness and relevance. Lets take a look at what happened to the fallen Melee fighters that didn't make it to Brawl. You can see that most of them are clones. Mewtwo is the only exception and he got cut just because of "time constraints". I'm sure the same reason will apply to Lucario whenever he got cut from SSB4. I understand that if every pokemon reps from Brawl make it to SSB4 with an addition to Mewtwo will feel overrepresented and boring, but that's how it goes... SSB64 to Melee all veterans returns, Melee to Brawl, most who didn't make it to Brawl are clones, but every SSB games don't feel the same because of new-comers, new stages, gameplay styles, de-cloning, and graphical updates.

There are many reasons of why Lucario should stay:
1) Popularity
2) Relevance
3) Uniqueness
4) Diversity
5) "etc."

The one and only reason that would stop Lucario's returning is:
1) Time constraints

I can respect your opinions but it'd be just strange if Lucario got cut out of the roster...

This is "prediction" thread, not "dream" but w/e lol.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Well, when you classify an Eeveelution, you usually classify it amongst/with the entire family since there's so many options for evolution, so saying it represents more than an individual Eeveelution doesn't make much sense. Well, in a sense, a Sylveon IS an Eevee but just evolved, but I see what you're getting at. However, if only one evolution is put in, AKA Sylveon, it would technically be a representation of the whole family/line of evolutions, kind of in the same sense as how Pikachu is the representation of the Pikachu family and each individual starter from the Pokemon Trainer is the representation of their own family of pokemon. They may not be the definitive/best part of their family (except for Charizard and Lucario), but they're representation of that line all-together.

Edit: I just noticed that representation is in the exact same spot for three lines in the paragraph. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...if you want a representitive of the Eevee family, why not just use Eevee?

Reznor

work in progress
Lucario is more important than Zoroark and Sylveon (so far, but most likely forever).
he was important but not anymore Zoroark and Sylveon might not ever be as important as lucario was in his prime but they are more important than lucario is currently

I can respect your opinions but it'd be just strange if Lucario got cut out of the roster...
it was strange that Mewtwo got cut also

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So...if you want a representitive of the Eevee family, why not just use Eevee?
Mainly due to Eevee lacks several things that would make it a suitable quadruped fighter. Eevee doesn't have any extra appendages to assist aside from a tail, and doesn't have any elements to use for attacks like Ivysaur and Pikachu do. It also doesn't have a suitable way to grab opponents and throw them, and lacks any real moves to use as special moves or a Final Smash. The only way an Eevee could work is if the Eevee from Manga Pokemon Adventures with the ability to switch forms on demand was used, but since that has little to no relevancy to the actual games/series, it can't really be taken into account to defend Eevee's inclusion in that state. It pretty much wasn't until Sylveon came around that the Eevee family had the makings of a unique quadruped fighter that could make up for what it lacked with seperate appendages, kind of like Ivysaur with its vines.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
but hes not in any current movies or anime from what I've seen (might be wrong about that but to lazy to look it up so i'll say its right and not back it up with proof :bubblebobble: )
Just because Charizard isn't in any movies doesn't mean he isn't important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom