• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Did you just ask me if I think Oracles are re-releases because they were re-released???

Also I'm saying that Hotfeet used OOS/OOA as if it were a reason to have Classic Link. I was saying that if re-releases can support a character than a REMAKE would support them even MORE. Putting in favor of Toon Link.
Ah, I just had no idea what the hell you meant back there.
Thanks for finally clearing that up.

---

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Impa and Demise i dont see being very likely. Demise because although his role is fairly significant in the Zelda series, the popularity isnt really there. (I'm assuming i dont really know for sure) and with Impa, i'd much rather just keep Sheik personally.

Bowser Jr: not my first choice but i respect it.

Sylveon: I know you're in love with her but i really don't see it happening in any way. yes Eevee is a significant Pokemon within the series and i personally would love to see Eevee playable (He is my favorite Pokemon). but i dont see it happening either way. Mewtwo is all u need to rep X/Y

Galacta Knight: outside of the main 3 i dont think any character from the Kirby series is necesary imo.

Captain Syrup: now i do think the Wario series could warrant another character. the sales and the consistency of the Wario games can speak for that. I'd much rather see a Warioware rep before a Wario Land one.

Yarn Yoshi: maybe an alternate costume. i dont see it as a full fledged character.

everything else im fairly cool with

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*King Dr. Yarn Baby Meta Paper Ridley Trainer
Correction:

King Metal Dr. Yarn Baby Metal Baby Paper Meta Invisible Super Wii Mega Ultra Ultimate Turbo Special Fantastic Powerful Ridley Trainer HD Remix in Daisy's sports outfit.
Jesus, do you guys usually descend into madness like this?
No, but we will now.
Because if you do, then you're the best community that has ever existed.
You are welcomed here, and you are welcomed for the greatness that we presented with you.

*bows*

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Isn't Ghirahim more important to Skyward Sword's plot than Demise? Like I know Demise is the final boss, but I've always heard that Ghirahim is more important.

I've yet to play Skyward Sword, so that's why I'm asking.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Isn't Ghirahim more important to Skyward Sword's plot than Demise? Like I know Demise is the final boss, but I've always heard that Ghirahim is more important.

I've yet to play Skyward Sword, so that's why I'm asking.
Ghirahim plays a more prominent role in SS. i dont wanna spoil anything so i'lll just say that Ghirahim is essentially Demise lackey in the end. in the end Demise can be considered the main antagonist though he's on screen far less than Ghirahim

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to request somebody take the pictures I used in my recent roster post of Ninten and Lyn and give them Brawl BG. I'd be really grateful and give FULL CREDIT to those pictures.

Also this with a brawl BG would be nice:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Okay guys, I have my very serious roster that I made with Johnknight and Habanero here. We want serious feedback!

(Mario and Hoes)
Hotel Shadow Dr. Paper Metal Winged Mario in his sports outfit version 2.0 championchip tanooki edition
Mr. L
Toadette
Krusha
Tatanga
The Stickerbook from Sticker Star
Roy Koopa

(Yoshi)
Birdo's Eggs
Pakk E Derm

(Wario)
Waluigi in his strikers outfit
Wario's Woods

(Donkey Kong)
Funky Kong
Krunch
T.T.
Tiptup
Kazooie
Professor Von Kripplespac
Sabrewulf

(The Legend of Zelda)
Error
Wolf Link riding Midna
You Should Never Be Alone Guy
Old Fat Impa
Nico (From Tetra's Crew; GTA 4 Moveset)
Kaepora Gaebora
The CD-I

(Kirby)
Adeline
The Stone version of Rick the Hamster (With Rick Astley's moveset)
Keeby
Wispy Woods (The Dreamland 64 Stage)

(Metroid)
Yarn Meta Ridley
Kraid

(StarFox)
Landmaster (Krystal is final smash)
Marcus Mccloud (Krystal's staff is final smash)
Other Landmaster
Tricky riding on Panther (wearing Majora's Mask) with Navi

(Pokemon)
Baby Lucario and Baby Mewtwo
Swirlix with Glasses
Crossdressing Ash
Hot Skitty on Wailord Action
Agumon riding Blastoise in his sports outfit

(Fire Emblem)
Chrom's ***
The SMT x FE logo
Roy cosplaying as Tharja
ChronoBound's Jaw
Hector disguised as the Black Knight disguised as Ike fighting for his friends

(Earthbound)
Photo-Man
The Phone that you call Ness's Dad
Flint's Plank with Duster's Snake

(F-Zero)
Rick Wheeler with Pico
James Mccloud
Chef Goroh with his sports outfit
Leon
Dr. Stewart
Bio Rex
Miyamoto denying an F-Zero sequel
Blood Falcon disguised as Black Shadow
Mute City

(Animal Crosssing)
Redd
Blathers
Mr. Resetti
Wisp

(Kid Icarus)
Dark Palutena with glasses on in a hottub
The Eggplant Wizard
Saturday Night Live

(Sonic)
Nack the Weasel shooting out all the routes of Shadow the Hedgehog that vomit Big the Cat (There are 326 of these)
Froggy
All of Sonic 06's glitches

(MGS)
A Literal Snake
Naked Raiden
Scropion
All the MGS cutscenes (You thought Ridley was too big?)

(MegaMan)
The Protomen (The Band) Act 1
The Protomen (The Band) Act 2
The Protomen (The Band) Act 3

(Namco-Bandai)
Leomon
Anise
Hitler from Persona 2 wearing a bikini
Nightmare in Ivy's Clothing with Ivy's Boobs

(G&W)
Sexually Ambigious Game & Watch

(Retro)
Mach Rider's bike riding Mach
Marth's Lesbian Girlfriend riding Lucina as a surfboard
The Hey You Pikachu Microphone

(Smash)
Bill Nye the Science guy
Final Destination riding Three Items no Stock (Final Smash is throwing a literal Fox)
Habanero and Thirdkoopa in their sports outfits
The Smash 4 Theme Song on Piano
Sakurai's Imaginary Pet Chicken
Mario & Sonic Guy
NSider

(Misc)
The iPhone S6 riding the Galaxy S4 on an Android
Kairi from Kingdom Hearts as a Snake clone
Kraden
Riki
Operation Rainfall
A Goomba (From the 1987 spin-off)
A Terrorist from CounterStrike
Sly Cooper
Mickey Mouse cosplaying as Yoda
ET from the Atari game
Dark Serge
Chrono's House riding his Cat with hair
The Kid who plays with the Geno doll
A Fire Alarm
The Call of Duty dog
Half-Life 3
Quest 64
All of Stephen King's Novels
The Room from Melee with the Trophies
Sandbag riding Sandbag
The Bumper
www.smashbros.com/wii/
Sakurai's Cat
Fangamer Energy Tank & Sakurai's Cat duo
Pra_Mai
Playstaion All-Stars Battle Royale Main Menu
"So I just got off the phone with Sakurai and..."

(Etc.)
The Vitality Sensor
Always Kinnected giving you Pizza Hut whenever you're hungry
Xbox One's DRM Policy (It flops more than John Kerry!)

(Smashboards)
Noah
Drag0nscythe (Noah Clone)
Needs moar Tamagon.

(Oh god I hope somebody remembers that)

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Hey Guys, I finally created my first roster. It is composed of 50 characters.

3D2S Roster.png

- I understand that 4 Fire Emblem/Starfox characters may be pushing it, but I couldn't help myself.
- 3 third party characters, no Pac-Man.

Please critique!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

View attachment 1420

- I understand that 4 Fire Emblem/Starfox characters may be pushing it, but I couldn't help myself.

Please critique!
No cuts. Cool.

-Hmmm, I think either Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. should be replaced with Toad.
-Star Fox isn't big enough to warrant four slots at this roster size.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

View attachment 1420

Please critique!
Love it. My only gripe is that instead of giving Mario two newcomers, maybe Mario and Zelda should be given one each.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright people....

I have decided to upload my brand new roster!

Smash 4 Roster.jpg

Tell me what you think!

NO CUTS!
Jr. can be swapped for Toad.
K.Rool can be swapped for Dixie.
I don't want to say it but...Roy can be swapped for Chrom if need be....

Reznor

work in progress
Alright people....

View attachment 1421

Tell me what you think!

I'd say swap Roy or Ike for Chrom also Dixie might have more of a chance than King K. Rool
awesome roster

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Alright people....

View attachment 1421

Tell me what you think!

NO CUTS!
It's almost exactly the same as my roster, except for Toad instead of Bowser Jr., and Pac-Man instead of Shulk. :laugh:

EDIT: And Tetra instead of Mii. :p

EDIT 2: I give it 9.5/10

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Alright people....

Tell me what you think!
In my own personal tastes, I would replace Shulk on part of being in only one game and sharing many of the same niches Isaac does. It feels like a more unique representative could be in his place if we already have a magic-using JRPG swordsman, meaning someone like Starfy or Andy or Dillon could take his place. I would also replace Bowser Jr. with Paper Mario, but that's just me. I'm not a fan of Miis either, but again, just personal taste. The roster itself does an excellent job. 9/10 in likability and 9.5/10 in realism.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Alright people....

View attachment 1421

Tell me what you think!

NO CUTS!
good roster. i like how its small and has no cuts. and all your swaps are fine choices as well.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I don't think there's ever that much starting roster talk, so here:
Starting Roster.png

I decided to take a more Melee-esque style of approach to it. Ness, Captain Falcon, and Marth are all starting characters despite usually being unlocked, my decision being to just simply give the "main" characters of each series starting positions (as they themselves were the starting positions of their own games). Any newcomers shown save Mega Man are treated as starting characters, much like they were in Brawl. Isaac and Little Mac, being their own series, get starting representation on part of how new series characters usually aren't unlocked (save for Fire Emblem in Melee and the super-retro characters). Palutena starts alongside Pit because, let's face it, she is to Kid Icarus as Zelda is to Zelda, Dedede is to Kirby, and Diddy is to Donkey Kong: all extremely recognizable and important faces within their series.

In short: Brawl's starting roster + Ness > Lucas, Marth > Ike, Captain Falcon, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, Isaac, and Little Mac.

Does this seem like a reasonable starting roster?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 1422

I decided to take a more Melee-esque style of approach to it. Ness, Captain Falcon, and Marth are all starting characters despite usually being unlocked, my decision being to just simply give the "main" characters of each series starting positions (as they themselves were the starting positions of their own games). Any newcomers shown save Mega Man are treated as starting characters, much like they were in Brawl. Isaac and Little Mac, being their own series, get starting representation on part of how new series characters usually aren't unlocked (save for Fire Emblem in Melee and the super-retro characters). Palutena starts alongside Pit because, let's face it, she is to Kid Icarus as Zelda is to Zelda, Dedede is to Kirby, and Diddy is to Donkey Kong: all extremely recognizable and important faces within their series.

In short: Brawl's starting roster + Ness > Lucas, Marth > Ike, Captain Falcon, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, Isaac, and Little Mac.

I like it, yeah. It also leaves quite a few newcomers to be unlockables, which adds to the surprises, which I like.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
View attachment 1422

So Lucas and Ike are unlockables now? I like the idea. But I'm not sold on Martha being a starting character yet. Other than that, this is basically what my starting roster looks like.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
View attachment 1422

Well I'm definitely one happy starter with this roster!

Here's my newest roster now. What do you guys think?
Mario seems right, though I'm not sure about Toad (at least not RED Toad, it'll probably be BLUE since he's more playable lately, and Peach already "owns" Red Toad, but just a minor nitpick) Including Toad is really likely for the Mario franchise.

DK: Too many reps, unfortunately. I see either K.Rool or Dixie. If we see both, I'm almost certain it will be because Diddy+Dixie will be one character, and K.Rool will be his own. Taking up 3 character slots.

Zelda: Doubt Vaati, but not entirely impossible. Heck, I doubt Toon Link's return just like I doubted Tom Nook's inclusion in Brawl. What I feel is more likely is having Classic Link, but that's just me and a minority who believe this.

Kirby: Ok

Kid Icarus: I guess it's because Sakurai worked on K.I. and he knows how the characters work that he'd have an easy time transiitoning and balancing Palutena. I think she's likely.

Pokemon: Ok.

Metroid: Ok

New IPs: I would have added more, at least 1-2.

Star Fox: Ok

Mother: Ok

IC, ROB, G&W: Ok

Fire Emblem: *flame shield* Definitely not likely. People may say it's popular, but it's still nowhere near the leagues of Mario and Pokemon to warrant 4 slots (5 characters).
Especially if people expect each and every swordsman to play uniquely. There's only so many ways of making a character swing down a sword.
I'd say 3 at the most, and that's because Roy is perhaps the 2nd most wanted character for SSB4 in Japan.

Wario: OK, doesn't REALLY need any more.

3rd party: It's realistic. It's ok.

This is just my opinion of course. :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Roy is doing really poorly on GameFAQs on "Rate their Chances." :ohwell:

Someone needs to post this there. :troll:

Made by yours truly.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
5 FE characters is really overkill. You should remove either Chrom/Lucina or Roy.

Other than that, I like it. (though I would like to see Isaac as well, but's just me)
I don't really see how Chrom and Lucina would be 2 characters, unless the Ice Climber's work as 2 since they work like the Ice Climbers.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't really see how Chrom and Lucina would be 2 characters, unless the Ice Climber's work as 2 since they work like the Ice Climbers.
Sakurai will count them as such. Zelda and Sheik are counted separately, and so are Squirtle, Charizard and Ivysaur.
On the character roll call (after completing the Classic Mode), even the Pokémon Trainer himself is counted separately, along with his pokémon.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Sakurai will count them as such. Zelda and Sheik are counted separately, and so are Squirtle, Charizard and Ivysaur.
On the character roll call (after completing the Classic Mode), even the Pokémon Trainer himself is counted separately, along with his pokémon.
I knew he counted Squirtle and others as their own characters but I didn't know he counted Nana as one and tbh, I think balance wise, he counts the slots.

D

Deleted member

I knew he counted Squirtle and others as their own characters but I didn't know he counted Nana as one and tbh, I think balance wise, he counts the slots.
He doesn't count Nana.

Sakurai has said on multiple occasions that Brawl has 39 characters.

That means:
35 character slots
-the Trainer
+Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard
+Sheik
+Zero Suit Samus

Gune

Smash Lord
Is there a certain reason as to why people think FE will shoot up to 4 charecters?
I do like those rosters just the FE sections...they confuddle me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Is there a certain reason as to why people think FE will shoot up to 4 charecters?
Is there a reason it wouldn't/can't? I admit, I think 3 characters is more likely, but 4 characters certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Here, I cut down the roster to 47 characters and made some appropriate tweaks.

Cuts: Ike, Lucario
Newcomers: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, MegaMan, Paper Mario, King K.Rool, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo, Sylveon, Chrom, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, Shulk.

Alright, I read the past pages, now please...just hear me out about Sylveon. For those of you who think I have some kind of obsession because I support a character in my avatar and signature...no. You people act like I support it above everything else, but I've clearly stated I care about Ridley and Mewtwo more on several occasions, so please, none of that "Oh you want it in because you're obsessed with it" nonsense.

Also, I'd like to add in that Sylveon is more than just a rep of the 6th Gen, it's a representation of the Eevee family as a whole as the only capable fighter amongst them all with appendages to back up being a complete quadruped. The Eevee family has also been jibbed of having any real representation in the Smash Bros franchise and it's one of the big mascot families of pokemon that have not been represented in Smash Bros as of yet, pretty much everything else having at least one appearance in the series, even Pichu. Also, the specific choice is not to represent the fairy type, but for the fact that it can represent many things at once while being the most capable fighter of the Eevee family.

Sylveon as a whole represents...

-The Eevee family's importance in the franchise across the series since the beginning
-The last mascot pokemon to not be represented in Smash
-The series as of now, with a huge abundance of fairy types
etc.

Seriously, I know everyone isn't going to agree and I don't expect even half of you to agree...but I have my reasons, and it's not because of obsession. Seriously, Sylveon's not even in my top 10 pokemon people. My favorite Eeveelutions are Vaporeon and Umbreon.

D

Deleted member

Marth is pretty much going nowhere, so we'll just leave him be.

After that, quite a few people are optimistic that no cuts from Brawl will occur, so they feel Ike will stay.
Some also feel that since Roy was planned for Brawl and is among the most requested characters, he will return.
And another some also feel that Awakening will result in a newer character like Chrom, Lucina, Robin, etc.

This is the most optimistic route Fire Emblem can take.
However, the only thing that's a surefire bet at this point is Marth's return, and that's only because he's a two-time veteran and the "main" hero of the franchise.
Anything else is fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom