• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
My slightly different Roster Version 2.6

Updates:

1.Toon Link: I have too much faith in Toon Link

2.Sylux: demoted to Other Predictions rather than Alternative to Ridley.

3. Poke'mon Trainer B: is updated from Gold/Silver to X/Y Form. Assumption is that there are 5 Poke'mon reps. One being Mewtwo instead of just NeoMew and Trainer B being the unlockable X/Y rep.

NOTES:

Waluigi: The biker outfit represents he may possibly count as a Wario rep, but more likely a Mario rep.

Medusa: Semi-Clone of Palutena.

Metal Mario: A special characetr only accessed by achieving something great in the game (like conquering Classic Mode with all characters)

Dry Bowser: Either a 2nd set of costumes or something that happens when either playing as Bowser for a while or switching between through Final Smash. That's my prediction.

Donkey Kong Jr: Retro Semi-Clone of DK

Villagette: Also a 2nd set of costumes, if that was not obvious.

Roy: It better happen!!!! Nintendo should put him in instead of Chrom and count it as an Awakening rep because of FREAKING BADASS new design (yes that is stupid, but you would all prefer it.) that makes him cooler than ever before and maybe the most awesome thing EVER!!!

(I'm starting to lose faith in Ninten and Shulk...)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Aaawww, did I miss the unveiling of the best roster ever? Dammit. Well, at least I can say that I give it a 10/10! The Sonic 06 glitches? Definitely my main...give it an Egoraptor/JonTron voiceover and you've got yourself an amazing character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
BATMAN FROM BATMAN FOREVER ON SNES SHOULD BE IN SMASH! HE CAN BE THE FIRST CHARACTER TO USE THE SELECT BUTTON! :eek:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
All Batmans for Smash. In fact, make an entire section just for him. Make it the first page also.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I...
...What?
I still don't get what you mean.
They were originally for the Game Boy Color.
Eventually they stopped printing copies because the Game Boy Advance was out for a while.
Recently, they were released again in the form of the eShop.
Released again = Re-released.

Following him yet?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
This roster needs more:
-Snake in his Wedding Dress
-"It's a Secret to Everybody" Moblin
-The Battlefield Cat.
-Paper cuts
-Habanero's broken chair.
AKA THE FAB FIVE!!!!!
Ironically Habanero's broken chair will end up being the most balanced character.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
When you say that, do you mean you don't care for music overall or the music of today? Also, they have a TV show if you're interested.
Music overall. Ther are very few "real" songs I actually like, with the few that I do like being country. Though ironacly I like video game music and intro songs to anime usually and certain fan made songs (Like Rawest Forest, or I have a Jar of Dirt remix. xD). But otherwise I really don't care for music and it seems to be very very rare I like music outside of video games and anime.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Music overall. Ther are very few "real" songs I actually like, with the few that I do like being country. Though ironacly I like video game music and intro songs to anime usually and certain fan made songs (Like Rawest Forest, or I have a Jar of Dirt remix. xD). But otherwise I really don't care for music and it seems to be very very rare I like music outside of video games and anime.
I can understand that, I'm mostly the same actually. I listen to very few real songs as well...nothing from today...but I listen to Metal every now and again, but it's mostly all videogame music in my iPod.

Back to Smash Bros...I think Olimar's increased size actually gives me more faith for Ridley getting in. I have my faith...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
They were originally for the Game Boy Color.
Eventually they stopped printing copies because the Game Boy Advance was out for a while.
Recently, they were released again in the form of the eShop.
Released again = Re-released.

Following him yet?
...what?
I don't recall him mentioning the e-shop re-release.

He originally started it with this:

"I don't think for a second that Classic Link will be in SSB4. I REALLY, REEEEEAAALLYY doubt Sakurai would switch Toon Link for Classic Link. That's just dumb. It's another "Oh, well that's the newest game" situation.
Toon Link is WAY more unique and different of a character from Normal Link than Classic Link is. Classic Link is like just smaller with different clothes. It just seems SO illogical.
Also don't use OOA & OOS as an excuse, otherwise you might as well just bring back Young Link because OOT3D. Or better keep Toon Link because of Wind Waker HD. Toon Link will still be used in the future and is the more popular choice."
---​
Why is he comparing an actual remake of a game to a port that is released on e-shop?​
I know you'll say something like "because he's Noah", but I want to know. I got awfully confused over this. =P​
----​

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Here's a new roster.

Total characters: 50

Returning Characters: 33

New Characters: 17

Newcomers: Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Demise, Possibly Yarn Yoshi rep/Captain Syrup (Undecided who deserves it more), Chrom, Mewtwo (returning), Sylveon, Ridley, Villager, Galacta Knight, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, MegaMan.

Cuts: Lucario, Toon Link (Added as DLC)

DLC Characters: Toon Link/Lucario (Brawler Pack), Roy/Pichu Bros (Melee Pack), Ghirahim/Masked Man (Fabulous and Mysterious Pack), Rundas/Dillon (Fire & Ice Pack), Paper Mario/Dark Samus (Look-Alike Pack)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Here's a new roster.

Total characters: 50

Returning Characters: 33

New Characters: 17

Newcomers: Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Demise, Possibly Yarn Yoshi rep/Captain Syrup (Undecided who deserves it more), Chrom, Mewtwo (returning), Sylveon, Ridley, Villager, Galacta Knight, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, MegaMan.

Cuts: Lucario, Toon Link (Added as DLC)

DLC Characters: Toon Link/Lucario (Brawler Pack), Roy/Pichu Bros (Melee Pack), Ghirahim/Masked Man (Fabulous and Mysterious Pack), Rundas/Dillon (Fire & Ice Pack), Paper Mario/Dark Samus (Look-Alike Pack)

Once again I agree with NONE of your Zelda characters. I already told you why SS Zelda/Impa with no Sheik doesn't really work, why OOT Ganondorf makes no sense, and why Toon Link being replaced by Classic Link is a step backwards and less unique. Though I'm not sure if I mentioned that it makes no sense to use a design from a remake because it's a new recent release when it's technically another game that already exists instead of Twilight Princess which is newer than OOT and should count as the newest design because it's not a remake. So you're using OOT Ganondorf there is no OOT3D Ganondorf. That's just OOT Ganondorf with better graphics unless you intend for your roster's version of Ganondorf to share the same graphics in SSB4 as he does in OOT3D

Demise - Why? What has he done to earn a place in SSB? I'm pretty sure some people don't even know who he is. I played and own SS and I didn't know who he is until recently. (I don't like SS) He's not a popular character OR a popular Smash nominee. This is a fairly unpopular, unrequested character with not much backing him up other than some sort of importance in the Zelda timeline or just for the sake he was in a recent Zelda game. Even Giriham is fairly unlikely. If you have a 5th Zelda rep, choose somebody with more popularity and fanbase to Zelda fans (Tingle,Giriham,Skull Kid). He's honestly not that important to SSB or Zelda fans.

Sylveon - Would be cool, but I am convinced your obsession with Sylveon is your reason for having her. Even the new Pikachu Short she doesn't play a big role in.

Galacta Knight - Just make it a costume for Meta Knight. We don't need a 4th Kirby Character. Also why a semi-clone of Meta Knight?

Yarn Yoshi - I don't see why we should have Yarn Yoshi or Yarn Kirby as a playable character. Paper Mario would make more sense than that. I don't see a lot of potential for Yarn Yoshi other than stuff entirely unrelated to Yoshi. And he wouldn't look a lot different than Yoshi. Now the original form Yarn Yoshi is in before eating would be a cool idea, like Dr. Mario or Young Link or Pichu. But I wouldn't count on it to be a playable character.

C. Syrup - Another Wario rep is unlikely and unneeded.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This man knows what is up!!!!

Also Yarn Meta Ridley is easily the most underrated potential newcomer. There's no way that won't be in the game. Sakurai even confirmed him to me yesterday!
*King Dr. Yarn Baby Meta Paper Ridley Trainer

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
But why do you think the Oracles are re-releases? Is it because they were re-released on e-shop?

"I don't think for a second that Classic Link will be in SSB4. I REALLY, REEEEEAAALLYY doubt Sakurai would switch Toon Link for Classic Link. That's just dumb. It's another "Oh, well that's the newest game" situation.
Toon Link is WAY more unique and different of a character from Normal Link than Classic Link is. Classic Link is like just smaller with different clothes. It just seems SO illogical.
Also don't use OOA & OOS as an excuse, otherwise you might as well just bring back Young Link because OOT3D. Or better keep Toon Link because of Wind Waker HD. Toon Link will still be used in the future and is the more popular choice."
Why are you comparing the Oracles to OOT 3D and WW HD?​

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Jesus, do you guys usually descend into madness like this?

Because if you do, then you're the best community that has ever existed.

Not at all, there are only a few handful of vocal, yet toxic forumers that tend to stir up said madness and it won't take very long to figure out who they are. Let's not have these few taint the reputation of SmashBoards and its community, but in the mean time, welcome to SmashBoards!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But why do you think the Oracles are re-releases? Is it because they were re-released on e-shop?

Why are you comparing the Oracles to OOT 3D and WW HD?​
Did you just ask me if I think Oracles are re-releases because they were re-released???

Also I'm saying that Hotfeet used OOS/OOA as if it were a reason to have Classic Link. I was saying that if re-releases can support a character than a REMAKE would support them even MORE. Putting in favor of Toon Link.

Not at all, there are only a few handful of vocal, yet toxic forumers that tend to stir up said madness and it won't take very long to figure out who they are. Let's not have these few taint the reputation of SmashBoards and its community, but in the mean time, welcome to SmashBoards!
A thread does not descend into madness unless the numerous members choose to go mad over something that shouldn't be taken so seriously or personally. If a troll comes on spurting insults or a person states disagreements than it's up to the people to decide if they want to go overboard and start getting all riled up over a post by somebody they never met in real life or that has no impact on theirs whatsoever.

Just throwing that out there.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did you just ask me if I think Oracles are re-releases because they were re-released???

Also I'm saying that Hotfeet used OOS/OOA as if it were a reason to have Classic Link. I was saying that if re-releases can support a character than a REMAKE would support them even MORE. Putting in favor of Toon Link.
I believe we have an error in communication!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom