• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited by a moderator:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
And I'm the only one that thinks Jigglypuff would be the first to go.

I guess you don't believe in the Palutena leak.
Yes.

Good morning.

I am worried that if we get cuts, Lucario will be one of the first on the chopping block.

And if he were replaced by a Unova Pokemon? For shame!
There is no Unova pokemon that they would add. I keep looking back at them. Nothing. The only reasonable ones are mega evos.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I can only see DK getting 2 newcomers: K. Rool and Dixie.
Pokémon I don't even see getting one, if we don't count Mewtwo.
See I actually think Pokemon is one of the most likely to get a new rep, I can't see game freak passing up the opportunity. And I doubt DK will get both, I don't think sakurai sees these inclusions in terms of which ones deserve the most representation just for the sake of it. And like I said earlier with these elaborate CG trailers for the newcomers I dont think dixie and k rool would each get one of their own, it just seems excessive. I'm really only thinking we might end up with 10 newcomers, I know many won't agree but it's a reasonable amount.

Morbi

Scavenger
Top Ten Newcomers
1. Black Shadow
2. Tingle
3. Bandanna Dee
4. Lucina (Chrom)
5. Meowth
6. Hades
7. Tom Nook
8. Waluigi
9. Tom Nook
10. Isaac

Just adding some variety.

Morbi

Scavenger
See I actually think Pokemon is one of the most likely to get a new rep, I can't see game freak passing up the opportunity. And I doubt DK will get both, I don't think sakurai sees these inclusions in terms of which ones deserve the most representation just for the sake of it. And like I said earlier with these elaborate CG trailers for the newcomers I dont think dixie and k rool would each get one of their own, it just seems excessive. I'm really only thinking we might end up with 10 newcomers, I know many won't agree but it's a reasonable amount.
Yes. The Pokemon newcomers, Charizard and Mewtwo. The most popular and second most popular Pokemon respectfully. Other than that, I can't really see any other likely newcomers.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
See I actually think Pokemon is one of the most likely to get a new rep, I can't see game freak passing up the opportunity.
Game Freak just cares about having their most marketable Pokemon in Smash. As long as Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, and Mewtwo in they're fine. Besides, Sakurai has the final say, if he doesn't want a new Pokemon there won't be one.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's...stupid why people think Pokemon Trainer is among the first on the chopping block.

I mean, he's Red, the first Pokemon protagonist, and he brings something unique to the table with the switching out and the stamina mechanic. It may not work well in practice, but still.

I think the reason why people might think he is low priority is because they feel like the whole switching out system is too hard or not needed.

I feel that his chances to stay are quite high, partly considering Pokemon Origins and how popular it got.

-----

Morbi

Scavenger
Tom Nook is so badass, that you added him twice. :cool:
Yeah, I don't remember who the other person was supposed to be anymore. So Tom Nook it is, I need to exemplify that Animal Crossing is going to get a second representative!

Game Freak just cares about having their most marketable Pokemon in Smash. As long as Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, and Mewtwo in they're fine. Besides, Sakurai has the final say, if he doesn't want a new Pokemon there won't be one.
This. And I highly doubt Game Freak is going to push any Pokemon anyways. Most of the popular ones (Sylveon, Pangoro, Espurr, Hawlucha, Goomy and whatever else I missed) are Pokeball Pokemon material.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
SSBB Tiers
SS S A+ A- B
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

C+ C C-
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

D E
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

F
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Here's an interesting topic I'd like to know everybody's opinion on. Is there anything you disagree with on the tier list? I mainly think that Kirby and Zelda should be higher. Thoughts?
Silly Bowser, Tiers R 4 Queers! :troll:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
It's...stupid why people think Pokemon Trainer is among the first on the chopping block.

I mean, he's Red, the first Pokemon protagonist, and he brings something unique to the table with the switching out and the stamina mechanic. It may not work well in practice, but still.

I think the reason why people think he is low priority is because they feel like the whole switching out system is too hard or not needed.

-----
Sakurai may have stated that cuts might be necessary, but we aren't in crunch time session yet. We can't really assume that it got cut. Yes, it may have sucked in reality, but the concept can be better and improved.
Regardless, it PT got cut, which is a BIG IF, we'd keep Zard.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I think the reason why people think he is low priority is because they feel like the whole switching out system is too hard or not needed.

I feel that his chances to stay are quite high, partly considering Pokemon Origins and how popular it got.

-----
But HyperFalcon says the Pokemon Trainer is not Red himself... it is just a random Pokemon Trainer that happens to look like Red.

Morbi

Scavenger

I think his chances to stay are quite high, partly considering Pokemon Origins and how popular it got.

-----
It all has to do with development time. As Sakurai states, balancing is less of addition and more like multiplication. This character, not Red, Pokemon Trainer, has several unique mechanics that make him more difficult to actually develop (such as the stamina and switching out, as you mentioned). You have 4 models you need to animate, 4 voice clips, and you have to integrate him into every stage. Charizard represents everything Pokemon Trainer represents (minus the Trainer aspect).

Balancing Mario (a 3 time veteran).
Mario against the roster.

Balancing Pokemon Trainer (a 1 time veteran).
Squirt vs Ivy
Squirt vs Char
Char vs Ivy
Pokemon Trainer (Char vs Ivy vs Squirt)
Pokemon Trainer against roster
Squirt against roster
Ivy against roster

This also over-saturates the Pokemon series in comparison to Mario and Zelda (a little irrelevant, but it is the cherry on the top).

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
But HyperFalcon says the Pokemon Trainer is not Red himself... it is just a random Pokemon Trainer that happens to look like Red.
Wouldn't that make it the physical persona of the player in Pokemon? Which in that case would make possibly MORE sense to include?

I still think Pokemon will be out-repping Mario this game. There's a lot of choices and keepers, and Brawl Pokemon + M2 is really feasible.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He's got a point,Red never even talks,the REAL final boss of Gold/Silver/Crustal/HG/SS is my source.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wouldn't that make it the physical persona of the player in Pokemon? Which in that case would make possibly MORE sense to include?

I still think Pokemon will be out-repping Mario this game. There's a lot of choices and keepers, and Brawl Pokemon + M2 is really feasible.
Yes. But again, at what cost? The cost of 2 other veterans? You might as well cut Lucas and Wolf at that point, maybe Ike and Lucario are more feasible?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Ahem...

She looks pretty able to me. :p
Anti-Hotlink icon seems pretty feasible too. :joyful:

Yes. But again, at what cost? The cost of 2 other veterans? You might as well cut Lucas and Wolf at that point, maybe Ike and Lucario are more feasible?
Or, we could cut the amount of newcomers. If we lose newcomers slots for no cuts and Mewtwo, I'd still be fine with it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My Top Ten?

1. Palutena
2. King K. Rool
3. Ridley