• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
or atleast make it long enough so that can actually hit people, 9 times out of 10 the opponent wakes up before your even done singing.
I know, but the thing is that there are much more effective alternatives. Besides, with the move as a Taunt, it keeps the spirit of the anime Jigglypuff intact. Fun fact, did you know said Jigglypuff almost killed Team Rocket once?

Also, seeing your avatar reminds me...I need to design an updated Lucario moveset that's a little less floaty and more physical. :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
or atleast make it long enough so that can actually hit people, 9 times out of 10 the opponent wakes up before your even done singing.
Buffing Sing is incredibly dangerous though, since it'd make it incredibly easy for Jiggs to score a Rest kill. It's a bad cocktail when the one character who can put others to sleep also has a (usually) 1-hit attack.

I think it's best if they made it a taunt, it's a shame Jigglypuff doesn't have a proper recovery imo, especially since the Melee air-dodge isn't coming back.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Jigglypuff does not need a proper recovery. If Jigglypuff is already good without a proper recovery move, then she doesn't need one at all.

andimidna

Smash Master
(+) are good, (-) are bad, (0) are neutral

Characers:
0/No Ridley, but I guess its 50/50 for him at this point so I can accept it :( (0)

Snake not getting cut is more like a 40/60 off his favor (0)

Getting Rid of Jiggly Puff one of the 8 (-)

Dixie and K. Rool can really go either way, but I don't see Dixie as her own character being too likely (-)

Palutena seems like an obviously good choice (+)

Kalos Trainer won't happen. Sorry. Not important enough even though greninja is a beast (-)

Mewtwo, the Return (+)

Lucario staying in is in the air (0)

Chrom is (+) but Robin is (-) so that evens out to (0)

Ike can go either way of staying in (0)

Shulk is another likely one (+)

I feel like Issac is less likely, but not absurd (+)

Little Mac is a pretty likely candidate (+)

Duck Hunt and Hakkun not really sure about this, I feel like with the addition of Little mac and Megaman they will only put in 1 retro (-)

Bomberman isn't going in sorry (-)

The Decision:
All together you scored a solid 0 this score is neither positive nor negative meaning that I am neutral to your character list. I wouldn't be happy with it, but I wouldn't be upset with it.

Format:
5 by 10 block is pretty decent looking (+)

Rosalina being before Bowser in the column (-)

Putting all Retros together (+)

Putting all 3rd Parties Together (+)

Shulk and Issac with FE (+)

Putting Olimar with SF (+), Captain Falcon with SF (-), not putting Samus with SF (0), it would look nicer if all the Space people were together IMO but Samus is very important so that's a (0)

Craming in Wii Fit, Villager and Little Mac. You could have avoided this (-)

The Decision:
All together you scored a solid +2 nice job! Although it is not the smoothest, you have clearly put some effort into the formatting of your list which I respect.

The Result: Not a bad list, but some of it is quite unlikely. The formatting needs just a little bit of work
You scored a +2 congrats it's positive!
I disagree that Rosalina shouldn't come before Bowser. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser makes more sense IMO. Since Toad is a part of Peach, it's the playable protagonists of 3d World, and then the main antagonist. I think it works better than pro, pro, pro, anti, pro.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff does not need a proper recovery. If Jigglypuff is already good without a proper recovery move, then she doesn't need one at all.
I still think fairy wind would be a cool recovery though whether it be just something that launches you upward or a small tornado you can control
I disagree that Rosalina shouldn't come before Bowser. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser makes more sense IMO. Since Toad is a part of Peach, it's the playable protagonists of 3d World, and then the main antagonist. I think it works better than pro, pro, pro, anti, pro.
But it's the main 4 characters and then a side character

Morbi

Scavenger
I have never thought about it like that, Peach isn't just Peach... Peach is Peach and Toad. Damn.

Gune

Smash Lord
Buffing Sing is incredibly dangerous though, since it'd make it incredibly easy for Jiggs to score a Rest kill. It's a bad cocktail when the one character who can put others to sleep also has a (usually) 1-hit attack.

I think it's best if they made it a taunt, it's a shame Jigglypuff doesn't have a proper recovery imo, especially since the Melee air-dodge isn't coming back.
I know, but the thing is that there are much more effective alternatives. Besides, with the move as a Taunt, it keeps the spirit of the anime Jigglypuff intact. Fun fact, did you know said Jigglypuff almost killed Team Rocket once?
eh I dont know...Its been a move for so long I just cant see it being a tuant It wouldnt bother me but it would just seems weird with her singing and nobody falling asleep you know?
Also, seeing your avatar reminds me...I need to design an updated Lucario moveset that's a little less floaty and more physical. :p
Im kinda used to his old moveset already dont really expect any chages to it but, Hit me up when you finish it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It'd be handy if it had a way to avoid early game spikes though, it's already very easy to kill as is. Something only as minimal as the Melee air-dodge can make all the difference sometimes. I mean, Kirby has 5 jumps plus the cutter, MK has 5 jumps plus the best up-b in the game, Dedede has 4 jumps and likely the up-b which jumps the highest, since Jiggs needs a buff it certainly would help just giving it a little something that might help it on its way up.

Morbi

Scavenger
eh I dont know...Its been a move for so long I just cant see it being a tuant It wouldnt bother me but it would just seems weird with her singing and nobody falling asleep you know?

Im kinda used to his old moveset already dont really expect any chages to it but, Hit me up when you finish it.
Her sing taunt could still make people fall asleep. Remember Luigi's timid kick that actually does damage? Honestly, based on how worthless sing is... it makes more sense as a taunt.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
(+) are good, (-) are bad, (0) are neutral

Characers:
0/No Ridley, but I guess its 50/50 for him at this point so I can accept it :( (0)

Snake not getting cut is more like a 40/60 off his favor (0)

Getting Rid of Jiggly Puff one of the 8 (-)

Dixie and K. Rool can really go either way, but I don't see Dixie as her own character being too likely (-)

Palutena seems like an obviously good choice (+)

Kalos Trainer won't happen. Sorry. Not important enough even though greninja is a beast (-)

Mewtwo, the Return (+)

Lucario staying in is in the air (0)

Chrom is (+) but Robin is (-) so that evens out to (0)

Ike can go either way of staying in (0)

Shulk is another likely one (+)

I feel like Issac is less likely, but not absurd (+)

Little Mac is a pretty likely candidate (+)

Duck Hunt and Hakkun not really sure about this, I feel like with the addition of Little mac and Megaman they will only put in 1 retro (-)

Bomberman isn't going in sorry (-)

The Decision:
All together you scored a solid 0 this score is neither positive nor negative meaning that I am neutral to your character list. I wouldn't be happy with it, but I wouldn't be upset with it.

Format:
5 by 10 block is pretty decent looking (+)

Rosalina being before Bowser in the column (-)

Putting all Retros together (+)

Putting all 3rd Parties Together (+)

Shulk and Issac with FE (+)

Putting Olimar with SF (+), Captain Falcon with SF (-), not putting Samus with SF (0), it would look nicer if all the Space people were together IMO but Samus is very important so that's a (0)

Craming in Wii Fit, Villager and Little Mac. You could have avoided this (-)

The Decision:
All together you scored a solid +2 nice job! Although it is not the smoothest, you have clearly put some effort into the formatting of your list which I respect.

The Result: Not a bad list, but some of it is quite unlikely. The formatting needs just a little bit of work
You scored a +2 congrats it's positive!
I really like the way you rate roster, keep going^^ and thank you !

Fallacious, she was never added as a joke character, apparently she was quite popular in Japan. The character doesn't need to be relevant and well played... Captain Falcon.. the face of the series? Did you forget him? Or Ness, perhaps.

No, name one Pokemon that can replace Jigglypuff. Try it.

She was low on the priority list last time, and they pumped her out in the time it takes to make a pseudo-clone. So yes, Sakurai is developing the game on time constraints. It (innate nature of easy development) does matter. I don't care if you don't care. Sakurai cares.

Pichu was a joke character, unlike Jigglypuff. His play-style was also congruent with Pikachu's. The different mechanic didn't magically change his play-style.
In my opinion, Pichu was a joke character as much as Jiggly was. One was removed, the other one not. But explain me why Pichu is considered a joke character when Jiggly is not ?

Jigglypuff is different from Captain Falcon, because he's the face of his serie, where Jigglypuff is only pokemon among the 700 existing pokemon. About the pokemon capable of replacing Jigglypuff :
• Meowth (same era, still and more relevant in the show)
• Genesect or Zoroark (popular 5th gen pokemons, one movie for each)
• Blaziken, Greninja (I followed pokemon forums, and this 2 starters are really popular and representing gen 3 and 6)
• Garrchomp, Gardevoir...

There is a lot of pokemon capable of taking Jiggly's spot. In pokemon X and Y, the new mega-evolutions were chosen according popularity of the pokemon. This is the reason why Charizard got 2 forms, and that Lucario, Gardevoir, Blaziken got one. But there isn't any Mega-Wigglypuff.

Smash Bros is giving to any character a super notoriety. Jigglypuff is in the same case than Roy or Doc Mario. Roy is this wanted today because he was in Melee, not because he was loved in his game. We're debating about Jiggly's case because she had the chance to be in SSB64. If she wasn't, she would just be a pokemon among others, like Roy would be a Lord among many others.

Gune

Smash Lord
Her sing taunt could still make people fall asleep. Remember Luigi's timid kick that actually does damage? Honestly, based on how worthless sing is... it makes more sense as a taunt.
I dont know...I guess it could be a taunt it just seems weird after it being her iconic special attack since the begging is all, like making kirby's inhale a taunt.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
No, name one Pokemon that can replace Jigglypuff. Try it.

As a gen 1 Normal type. They'd obviously play nothing alike, so it wouldn't really be a replacement...maybe Clefairy would make a more similar replacement?

Although admittedly, I would not want to take Jigglypuff from you.

I agree on your point about why Puff gets no love from Brawlers; the reason people don't play Puff anymore is the same reason Yoshi's never a popular Smash character, whilst Marth and Ice Climbers are beloved Smash staples. I mean seriously, outside of Smash's infinite chain grabbing duo would anyone give a **** about Ice Climbers?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

As a gen 1 Normal type. They'd obviously play nothing alike, so it wouldn't really be a replacement...maybe Clefairy would make a more similar replacement?

I agree on your point about why Puff gets no love from Brawlers; the reason people don't play Puff anymore is the same reason Yoshi's never a popular Smash character, whilst Marth and Ice Climbers are beloved Smash staples. I mean seriously, outside of Smash's infinite chain grabbing duo would anyone give a **** about Ice Climbers?
I don't care about Marth and Ice Climber's either way. I personally find them kind of boring.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've been rereading the thread,and a question came to mind :

What would be Duck Hunt Dog's Moveset? You know I'm a memory because my text is slanted like I'm a ghost's voice. OoOoOo

Morbi

Scavenger

In my opinion, Pichu was a joke character as much as Jiggly was. One was removed, the other one not. But explain me why Pichu is considered a joke character when Jiggly is not ?

Jigglypuff is different from Captain Falcon, because he's the face of his serie, where Jigglypuff is only pokemon among the 700 existing pokemon. About the pokemon capable of replacing Jigglypuff :
• Blaziken, Greninja (I followed pokemon forums, and this 2 starters are really popular and representing gen 3 and 6)

There is a lot of pokemon capable of taking Jiggly's spot. In pokemon X and Y, the new mega-evolutions were chosen according popularity of the pokemon. This is the reason why Charizard get 2 forms, and that Lucario, Gardevoir, Blaziken get one. But there isn't any Mega-Wigglypuff.

Smash Bros is giving to any character a super notoriety. Jigglypuff is in the same case than Roy or Doc Mario. Roy is this wanted today because he was in Melee, not because he was loved in his game. We're debating about Jiggly's case because she had the chance to be in SSB64. If she wasn't, she would just be a pokemon among others, like Roy would be a Lord among many others.
Jigglypuff wasn't added as a joke character, the difference was intent. She had her own merits mostly exclusive to Japan. Even then, her significance in the anime is much more notable than Pichu's. Not only that, but Pichu was added as a last minute clone, unlike Jigglypuff.

I will give you Meowth.
Genesect doesn't have the necessary popularity or marketing. Zoroark is a maybe, but they haven't done much with it either. Jigglypuff is the more prevalent Pokemon, the more iconic Pokemon, and obviously the Pokemon with Smash relevance.
Greninja might actually be too late, as many speculate the roster to have been finalized in the summer (last summer, it could have been prior to that).
Blaziken. I doubt it as we already have Charizard, he would have made more sense in Brawl, in my opinion.
Garchomp... lol, wut? Gardevoir? You mean the Pokeball item? Uh huh. Before you mention Charizard, Sakurai was obviously saving him for Pokemon Trainer. Even if he wasn't, his model is apparently difficult to program.

It doesn't matter, that notion is irrelevant and doesn't pertain to our discussion. The point is that she is a prominent character in the Smash Bros. series. She took priority over Mewtwo in the last game, as she was easy to develop. She offers something unique. She DOES have players. You cannot blatantly disregard approximentally 1/12 of the fan-base from Smash 64... and even more in Melee. Jigglypuff was S-tier and she procured a lot of fame in the competitive scene. She is still a character that people love to hate, like ROB or Game and Watch. People do play her, just because you don't like her and implement your empirical mind-set to the situation doesn't mean that she is entirely unpopular.

You are basically giving me a glorified "muh recency" argument. She isn't recent, so she isn't important (which is utterly erroneous).

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
So I think I'm finally done with my rosters. I kinda went all out since I ended up with 3 rosters, but they're based on 3 different scenarios so bare with me.

This would be my dream roster, obviously way to big but that's what dreams are made of.

This roster was made in mind of Sakurai trying to be a crowd-pleaser. I still feel like the final roster is only going to get around 45 spots, but I stretched it to 49 for some variety.

This is what I would expect to get from Sakurai. A bunch of weird decisions that don't make sense in our perspective, but he has his reasons for. A typical final roster that won't meet expectations but isn't that bad in the end.

And with that, I'm done with making rosters for quite a while. Please feel free to rate and comment on any of them. :)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

There is a lot of pokemon capable of taking Jiggly's spot. In pokemon X and Y, the new mega-evolutions were chosen according popularity of the pokemon. This is the reason why Charizard got 2 forms, and that Lucario, Gardevoir, Blaziken got one. But there isn't any Mega-Wigglypuff.

I would only consider Pichu a joke character because half his moves hurt himself, which made him a worthless character.

Morbi

Scavenger

No, it is fine. I am an advocate of omitting Jigglypuff for Meowth. It is for the greater good. I can always play Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, or Project M if I want to play as Jigglypuff.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How dare you insult marth like that.

*gives you a knuckle-sandwhich*
Marth deserves it for trying to become something he isn't,a girl. Unless somebody came up with a weird fanfic,he deserves it.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
No, it is fine. I am an advocate of omitting Jigglypuff for Meowth. It is for the greater good. I can always play Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, or Project M if I want to play as Jigglypuff.
but then there would be no fairy rep, that and megas are the only way to rep 6th gen

andimidna

Smash Master
So I think I'm finally done with my rosters. I kinda went all out since I ended up with 3 rosters, but they're based on 3 different scenarios so bare with me.

This would be my dream roster, obviously way to big but that's what dreams are made of.

This roster was made in mind of Sakurai trying to be a crowd-pleaser. I still feel like the final roster is only going to get around 45 spots, but I stretched it to 49 for some variety.

This is what I would expect to get from Sakurai. A bunch of weird decisions that don't make sense in our perspective, but he has his reasons for. A typical final roster that won't meet expectations but isn't that bad in the end.

And with that, I'm done with making rosters for quite a while. Please feel free to rate and comment on any of them. :)
You think Sakurai wants to put Klonoa and Toon Ganondorf??

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

The last one I would be kind of ticked off, with Toon Ganondorf, a one time character, instead of Vaati, a character that can be much more associated with being the villain of the Toon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom