• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Now let's discuss the most likely Kid Icarus newcomers!

Palutena
Magnus
Dark Pit
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
I haven't actually played a Kid Icarus game before (except for the 30 sec Brawl demo) so are there any others?
There is Eggplant Wizard, who in my opinion, has much more to offer than that stupid PaleTuna!

Also, I am a Smash Pingas.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Now let's discuss the most likely Kid Icarus newcomers!

Palutena
Magnus
Dark Pit
Medusa
Hades
Viridi
I haven't actually played a Kid Icarus game before (except for the 30 sec Brawl demo) so are there any others?

Also, why did you cross out Viridi...?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Roy was only in for promotional reasons
False. Leif was planned to be the second Fire Emblem character and Sakurai chose Roy simply because the fire made him stand out more from Marth

as I think his game wasn't out until after SSBM came out. The 6 characters that have any shot I think personally to have a slot in the new one are: Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Micaiah, and Sothe
Yeah, I'm sure you didn't list any of those characters based off promotional reasons. Might I ask why Micaiah is so important or who Sothe even is? And why doesn't Roy have a chance? If anything he is the most likely. He's the most popular Fire Emblem character after Marth and Ike and the only remaining one besides Leif to have significance in more than one installment. Roy got the prequel starring a character directly based off and related to him.

And yet you suggest a direct and pure clone of Marth who is simply a gender swap character of him is more likely, let alone likely at all. And don't use that "She can be unique if Sakurai really tried" defense, because he doesn't. There is no character in the history of Smash who has shared extreme similarities to another character and was physically capable of performing their moves that DIDN'T become a clone/semi-clone of them. And you won't convince me that Girl Marth of all people will be an exception.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Except I was never arguing about Pichu, I was talking about Mewtwo and Roy.
I didn't mean to seem like I was putting words in your mouth.
That ", yes," does imply that though, but it was unintentional! I was just speaking generally! Sorry!

Because we already know that Viridi declined the position. She'd rather be able kill you with Reset Bombs without a Smash Ball.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I didn't mean to seem like I was putting words in your mouth.
That ", yes," does imply that though, but it was unintentional! I was just speaking generally! Sorry!
Oh! Sorry about that then, I misunderstood.

I don't think anyone can really replace Viridi in that chapter.
Well, you could argue that Hades or one of her generals could do it. Granted, they don't in game but Smash is non-canon and the latter would have access to it anyway.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Because we already know that Viridi declined the position. She'd rather be able kill you with Reset Bombs without a Smash Ball.
Please refer to my previous post.
I don't think anyone can really replace Viridi in that chapter.
When Viridi joins the battle, Hades takes over for her in the background. Hades: "Leave it to me cupcake, oh hi Pitty Pat."

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Alfonzo is just one dude. You're implying that you want to replace a major character and a bunch of enemies getting swapped. Which would be more cumbersome.
I'm just replying to what he said. There haven't even been any Forces of Nature shown, just Viridi. As far as we know, she'd be the only thing to replace.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman

Because she's been deconfirmed. Also, that image may be fake. it's very unlikely, but it's possible. I hope it's real. I think Palutena is awesome.

Sakurai didn't replace Mewtwo with Lucario. Sakurai didn't switch Mewtwo with Lucario. But the Pokemon characters did switch from Pikachu, Jiggs, Pichu, and Mewtwo to Pikachu, Jiggs, PKMN Trainer, and Lucario. So take that for what it's worth.
Will you get that sig updated with Ashley? I would wait until a few more confirmations.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@ XStarWarriorX XStarWarriorX You don't have to respond if you don't want. But, hopefully you're not to stubborn to at least LISTEN to reason.

Why wouldn't it make sense? she's a native of Cerinia, and she uses her staff and has powers of telepathy.
uses < owned in one game and was never seen with again.

And how does telepathy translate into a move set. And like I've said before the similarities of a character and their abilities will outweigh the differences when the decision comes to make them a clone/semi clone. And Krystal shares more similarities with Fox than she does differences. That is how it always worked in Smash and makes perfect sense.

Fox and Falco make sense because they were brought up under the same training
Now we're bringing canon into this?

and wolf is a renegade pilot, so similarities would make sense.
Krystal is a pilot too.

Krystal did not have the training that Fox and Falco had
She clearly did when Star Fox Assault came out.

so it would make sense that she'd use a staff, not a blaster or G-diffuser reflector. Command is non-canon in case you bring that up.
So let me get this straight. Krystal most often is flying in an Arwing and using the gear of the Star Fox team. So it makes sense for her to use her staff she no longer used since Adventures, but NOT the Star Fox weaponry?

I know you want to do a back and forth argument cause your bored, but i'm not gonna give it you ya.
Hopefully that's the case. I don't really want this to be an argument. But, being afraid of being wrong is no reason to shut someone out and insult them.

I'd say that's rather petty.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
If palutena is indeed in the game, that would pretty much take out the wind from krystal's sails if she would have been in as well. I feel like most made her selling point was the staff, but when she isnt unique alone in that aspect what does she have? Im sure someone has made an interesting moveset for her regardless with or without it, but at this point i cant see her being that exciting anymore. I still feel like if we do get another star fox game, its going to act like everything after SF64 never existed, and im kinda ok with that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If she was ever playable, she would likely use the weapon(s) she known for using. Which would be the staff.
First of all she's not actually known for USING the staff as much as owning it. Second of all a character will use something they are known for using. But, when it's no longer relevant to the character or the game it doesn't become their entire move set. Krystal's staff serves 0 relevance to her character or the franchise as of now. Basically what you'd be doing is having a character that majorly represents Star Fox Adventures. A game that isn't even represented through stages or hardly even trophies and references. Most likely because it's a part of Star Fox that's trying to be forgotten. So I don't know where the idea for a whole character based on that game comes from.

The current Star Fox designs (from Command) are the ones currently being used. So the Krystal that would be nominated is that design. Thus, said Krystal would share too many similarities anyway and would just be clone material.

And if you're trying to argue she'd use something she's most well known for using, I'm gonna bet that the pilot Krystal from the more recent Star Fox games is more well known. That being the version from Assault and Command as it's the more common form.

Also maybe that Gatling Gun from Star Fox Assault.
Aren't you trying to argue that she'd use stuff she's "well known for using"? I hope you're not trying to say that having artwork of yourself holding a weapon = well known for using. Falco didn't have that bazooka you know.

And as far as characters using things they never actually used, Rosalina up there and Ness/Lucas borrowing moves from their friends. Also Captain Falcon.
Nobody is arguing against characters using things they never used. I'm simply arguing that people exaggerate how relevant or "important" Krystal's Staff is. In fact people seem to be flat out lying about how important it is. If it's so important and well known why did she never use it again? Let alone EVER?

I also already made the point that an irrelevant weapon of a character does not end up being the FULL move set, but rather one of their specials.

andimidna

Smash Master
Responses in Red and write smaller please.
"Um, no? Just because 2 of his games were co-developed by Capcom doesn't mean they weren't made by Nintendo."
One was co-developed by Capcom, the other was completely made by Capcom. Nintendo made one on their own. Which was the joke.

"Last year he was the 2nd most wanted, and he was the 3rd most wanted character in 2011, when Sakurai was deciding the roster, so really, I should have put him at #3."
Sakurai wasn't deciding the roster then, he was working on Uprising, Vaati has never been that popular of a character so I don't even know what you're talking about. According to what? Did you ask all of your friends and Vaati got 3rd? 3rd and 2nd what? Or do you mean your 2nd and 3rd most wanted character?

"During Melee's time, Fire Emblem really didn't have a set mascot, and I believe at the time Anna was considered the closest to being it due to being in all the FE games."
No... it was always Marth because of FE1 and FE3. Anna has never been a main lord.

"Not sure what that has to do with anything."
Like I outright stated, recency DOES matter. Then I backed up why.

"Look at what happened to Vaati, he appeared not twice, but 3 times."
Nintendo didn't. Capcom put him in two games. Nintendo cast him aside as puppet villain.
Not only do I think this is unimportant, I also think importance means close to nothing.
So when you compare him to what are usually considered more important Zelda characters, you give good reasoning.
But then argue his importance over others, no. He's lucky he doesn't need importance, because I really don't think he has it.

"Even though it's probably not going to happen, due to Midna breaking the mirror."
That's a very uninspired, dull thought process. Just a little storyline could bring her back and make the ending still important. Besides, Zant had the ability of warping through realms. What happened to the triforce of power? What happened to the fused shadows? What happened to the Sol light in the Master Sword? If it was impossible because the mirror broke, then they wouldn't have ever considered it a possibility.
That'd be like me saying Vaati can't return because he was killed. Which would be dumb. Just a little story line and he's revived.

"Rumors should hold almost no argument, as most of them are fake."
You've counted the amount on both side? Regardless, when the amount reaches to a certain point that are all saying similar things, it becomes noticeable. And it does make sense, more so than anything else. What would make more sense than a Twilight Princess sequel for the Wii U? May I direct you back to the sales chart?

"Tech demo was a tech demo, and didn't even look like Twilight Princess, just another generic Zelda moment."
Believe it or not, that's what Twilight Princess's art style looks like on Wii hardware. Since it was ported over from the Gamecube, it's visuals didn't get better, there was no time for that. Didn't they even say the tech demo was the graphical successor to the artstyle in Twilight Princess? Or maybe somebody just told be that. Regardless, the proof is in Armogohma. Armogohma is the boss of TP's Temple of Time, and nothing else. Gohma has a very different appearance and is a different creature altogether.

"I need some sauce with that please."
I'm going to assume you want a source. If so, that's by far the oddest way I've seen one requested.
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Midna
"...who knows? If we hear enough voices for her to come back, how can we not?"
"There is a growing fanbase dedicated to the return of Midna in a future game, known as Want Midna Back (WMB). This initiative has already launched several projects including a WMB CD, a mass email, made WMB shirts available for purchase over the internet, commissioned Midna figurines to be sent to Nintendo, and even has an official website at http://www.wantmidnaback.com ."
Seems like those voices exist, more here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midna

"You know the child timeline is where the huge gap is, right?"
Even though FSA's placement makes no sense, there isn't really a gap. I don't see how this could support anything. Compare the amount of people that want a TP or MM sequel to the amount that want a FSA sequel. Yep.

"It's pretty cartoony, like Vaati's games. He'd fit right in."
It's slightly more realistic than Skyward Sword. But there are like 100 characters in Dynasty Warriors games, so I don't doubt anybody can get in.
But it wouldn't be the first time Vaati had been overlooked and had obscure characters chosen over him. ;)

"And you probably saw that I said it doesn't mean much."
You said that about reviews. Not sales, and yea it kind of matters. Why would Nintendo continue making games like these if they aren't doing worse than everything else they've tried?

"Vaati can't really be playable without Toon Link, it's like Bowser without Mario."
Eh. Not a fair comparison. The Toon Link in Smash Bros is technically from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Vaati isn't Toon Link's Bowser, that's a bit too far. But it doesn't really matter because it already happened and he already returned.

"Seeing how all the trophies were WW and TP, he couldn't be a trophy."
And Ocarina of Time, Phantom Hourglass, and Majora's Mask trophies.
I also found something hilarious. PIGS got a trophy before Vaati... PIGS! 3 Pigs from Wind Waker! XD
Why do you expect thing to be different this time around? That it won't just be TP, PH, ST, SS, WWHD, OoT3D, ALBW and possibly Zelda U trophies?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
uses < owned in one game and was never seen with again.

And how does telepathy translate into a move set. And like I've said before the similarities of a character and their abilities will outweigh the differences when the decision comes to make them a clone/semi clone. And Krystal shares more similarities with Fox than she does differences. That is how it always worked in Smash and makes perfect sense.

Now we're bringing canon into this?

Krystal is a pilot too.

She clearly did when Star Fox Assault came out.

So let me get this straight. Krystal most often is flying in an Arwing and using the gear of the Star Fox team. So it makes sense for her to use her staff she no longer used since Adventures, but NOT the Star Fox weaponry?

Hopefully that's the case. I'd really hate to see what ridiculous excuses you come up with next. ;)
Your doing this NOW? men? oh come on you coulda done this like 1 hr ago, ugh fine. First off, its there whether you like it or not, just how people have been arguing bowser jr's case with his paintbrush moveset. (he only used it once) I don't see you baring down on him.

The dev team can be as creative as they want, shulk could have his "seeing into the future" skill implemented for all we know. Your seriously saying that a character from a same franchise will be an auto clone if their "similar" to another character? Lol men, that's funny.

Yes, smash uses some canon movesets, maybe not in the most strict canon way but mario uses fireballs in his game, you see him use fireballs as his special.

I seriously don't know why you imagine krystal kicking and shooting blasters..... if she's gonna be that way, she's not going to be in. Sakurai wants uniqueness, she's well requested, so if by some chance he picks her. Obviously he's going to use a staff moveset.

So bowser jr should never use his paintbrush and fight like a mini bowser clone right?

Your the one making ridiculous arguments that go no where.... Men. ;)

How is what I said insulting? Lol men you crack me up, and i'm not gonna go at it again, not because i'm afraid, its because its a waste of time, i'd rather wait for the game to release then go back and forth over something.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
False. Leif was planned to be the second Fire Emblem character and Sakurai chose Roy simply because the fire made him stand out more from Marth

Yeah, I'm sure you didn't list any of those characters based off promotional reasons. Might I ask why Micaiah is so important or who Sothe even is? And why doesn't Roy have a chance? If anything he is the most likely. He's the most popular Fire Emblem character after Marth and Ike and the only remaining one besides Leif to have significance in more than one installment. Roy got the prequel starring a character directly based off and related to him.

And yet you suggest a direct and pure clone of Marth who is simply a gender swap character of him is more likely, let alone likely at all. And don't use that "She can be unique if Sakurai really tried" defense, because he doesn't. There is no character in the history of Smash who has shared extreme similarities to another character and was physically capable of performing their moves that DIDN'T become a clone/semi-clone of them. And you won't convince me that Girl Marth of all people will be an exception.
My argument was on a most relevant type basis. The 6 characters that I mentioned have been on Path of Radiance or later. Roy hasn't been in a game in a while, and I would think that if they really wanted a clone back like him, they would have tried harder to put him back in. Roy was my main in Melee, so I would like to see him back, I just don't see that happening, and I don't want Lucina in because just like Roy, she can be very similar to Marth.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm just replying to what he said. There haven't even been any Forces of Nature shown, just Viridi. As far as we know, she'd be the only thing to replace.
Ah, my mistake then.

I would say that unlike Falco and Wolf, she actually has something to build her moveset on. Falco and Wolf mostly lacked this, so they were given modified versions of Fox's moveset. Ones that matched the characters personalities in their source games. Falco being cocky with the way he shoots his blaster and kicks his reflector. And Wolf fighting like a savage Werewolf, since that's basically what he is, an angry talking wolf. This worked out incredibly well for Wolf, because out side of the Final Smash and the Reflector, he was pretty much his own character.

Krystal could potentially use her "telepathy" with countering any attacks. Which could be her answer to the Reflectors. And again, the staff is sort of the one thing she's already associated with, so why not use it? It can even shoot ice and create earthquakes. Granted, by no means does it mean that the staff will be a one way ticket for her to not be a clone. I'm just saying the one thing that would make the character standout from the rest of the group should be used.

To be honest, I'm mostly indifferent with Krystal.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nobody is arguing against characters using things they never used. I'm simply arguing that people exaggerate how relevant or "important" Krystal's Staff is. In fact people seem to be flat out lying about how important it is. If it's so important and well known why did she never use it again? Let alone EVER?

I also already made the point that an irrelevant weapon of a character does not end up being the FULL move set, but rather one of their specials.
You kind of are.

Maybe she never uses it again because Rare made that game and all the other games she's been in were made by other people and weren't even the same genre as Adventures? Maybe people are over-exaggerating the staff yeah, but you really look like you're trying too hard to put her down too. Like it or not, the staff is the one differentiating thing that sets her apart from the other three and gives her a major reason to get in the game. People would still want her regardless, but the staff is just a tool to show that she's different enough to warrant a spot. Why exactly shouldn't she use it anyway? Because Fox used it instead? How about Zelda slinging around Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind even though she never used them but Link did? They don't even function the same way they did in the source material. Regardless, it's Krystal's staff, which she did use at the start of the game, how important it is doesn't matter in the slightest.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

And as far as characters using things they never actually used, Rosalina up there and Ness/Lucas borrowing moves from their friends. Also Captain Falcon.
man i still wish mario would have gotten something besides fludd.

Even though its pretty much kirby's down special, i would have loved to see a tanooki stone mario statue that would slam downwards.

Hell just for the transform sound alone

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
man i still wish mario would have gotten something besides fludd.

Even though its pretty much kirby's down special, i would have loved to see a tanooki stone mario statue that would slam downwards.
I'd be more than happy with FLUDD if it used the hover nozzle in the air, it would help his recovery more than even the Mario Tornado did. Wouldn't hurt if he could glide with his cape if you hold down the button, it'd make him way more interesting and a force to be reckoned with.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Your doing this NOW? men? oh come on you coulda done this like 1 hr ago, ugh fine. First off, its there whether you like it or not, just how people have been arguing bowser jr's case with his paintbrush moveset. (he only used it once) I don't see you baring down on him.
  • Most people don't suggest his paintbrush
  • Bowser Jr used it in several other games.

The dev team can be as creative as they want, shulk could have his "seeing into the future" skill implemented for all we know. Your seriously saying that a character from a same franchise will be an auto clone if their "similar" to another character? Lol men, that's funny.
Well, unless you are illiterate that is NOT what I said

I'll put it in bold and big letters. Hopefully this time you will actually make the effort to acknoedge the argument before you embarassingly counter argue it with invalid points.

*ahem*

No character in the history of Smash who has "shared MORE similarities in abilities and traits THAN differences" has ever ended up NOT being a clone of the character they share it with.

Point being that when it comes to clones: The similarities outweigh the differences

Here are some examples:
:lucas:Lucas: There are many PSI abilities he could have worked with. But, Lucas was more similar to Ness than he was different. So thus, he gained Ness's special abilities.

:toonlink: Toon Link: He's pretty different. He's smaller, cartoony, and has several different items like the Skull Hammer or the Deku Leaf. But, alas he clearly resembles Link and shares all of his items. (which are much more iconic to him anyway). The similarities outweigh the differences.

:roymelee: Roy: Yeah, sure he's got dat fire. But he's also a caped hero with a similar sword and bodily traits. Once again the similarities outweigh the differences.

upload_2014-1-23_23-56-3.jpeg

Here we have Krystal. She already shares similarities to Fox character wise. On top of that she uses all of the Star Fox gear and is an Arwing Pilot. Sure she has had a staff, but as past clones have prove to you. The similarities outweigh the differences.

If you want to argue the plausibility that Sakurai will do things how he does things then be my guest. You'll just look all the more silly when doing so.

I seriously don't know why you imagine krystal kicking and shooting blasters..... if she's gonna be that way, she's not going to be in.
That is my point.

Sakurai wants uniqueness, she's well requested, so if by some chance he picks her. Obviously he's going to use a staff moveset.
And what exactly supports this claim? He didn't give Ganondorf a sword just because it would make him unique. He didn't give Falco a bazooka just because it would make him unique. He didn't give Luigi the Poltergust as the whole move set just because it would make him unique. What should convince me that Sakurai will base the entirety of someone's move set on something irrelevant or minor to the character and game JUST BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE THEM UNIQUE?

Your the one making ridiculous arguments that go no where.... Men. ;)
Quite, the contrary. You're both making ridicolous arguments AND being smart alack and snide about them. I can't say I have much respect for you as debater. So don't expect me to waste my time with you any longer. Thankfully I have proven my point, so it will no longer be necessary.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You kind of are.

Maybe she never uses it again because Rare made that game and all the other games she's been in were made by other people and weren't even the same genre as Adventures? Maybe people are over-exaggerating the staff yeah, but you really look like you're trying too hard to put her down too. Like it or not, the staff is the one differentiating thing that sets her apart from the other three and gives her a major reason to get in the game. People would still want her regardless, but the staff is just a tool to show that she's different enough to warrant a spot. Why exactly shouldn't she use it anyway? Because Fox used it instead? How about Zelda slinging around Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind even though she never used them but Link did? They don't even function the same way they did in the source material. Regardless, it's Krystal's staff, which she did use at the start of the game, how important it is doesn't matter in the slightest.
Damn, I guess I didn't have to mention Zelda's moveset being jacked from Link's magic. You already did the job for me.

I'd be more than happy with FLUDD if it used the hover nozzle in the air, it would help his recovery more than even the Mario Tornado did. Wouldn't hurt if he could glide with his cape if you hold down the button, it'd make him way more interesting and a force to be reckoned with.
Seriously, The Hover Nozzle would be awesome. It was easily the best power-up in Mario Sunshine. And it really could help with Mario's recovery. I'm hopeful that he gets some buffs thrown his way.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have been saying this (to pretty much no one) for years. Why can't we have the Hover Nozzle for an up-special? Make use of the damned thing and bump Mario up in the tier list. ****.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have been saying this (to pretty much no one) for years. Why can't we have the Hover Nozzle for an up-special? Make use of the damned thing and bump Mario up in the tier list. ****.
I think it would be better if Mario used the Hover Nozzle by inputting Down-B in the air. It'd make sense since that input would already be used by F.L.U.D.D. And you wouldn't need to get rid of a classic attack.

Hell I'd settle for the Spray Nozzle dealing damage too honestly. And less charge time.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@SaturnGamer64
Dude I don't really care, I play smash. Not debate smash (why is this even a thing?). you have your opinions and I have mine, it all comes down to what sakurai would choose, not what some forum guy says. and I go wherever I want, I don't need to stick to one thread.

I could easily say your skills suck and I don't have respect for you as a smasher, your a casual, yada yada yada, but I won't.

Again your the one that starts arguments for no reason, and you add some quips in there for no reason, no need to be hostile, or call me illiterate.

and smashboards does its thing again, ugh.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think it would be better if Mario used the Hover Nozzle by inputting Down-B in the air. It'd make sense since that input would already be used by F.L.U.D.D. And you wouldn't need to get rid of a classic attack.

Hell I'd settle for the Spray Nozzle dealing damage too honestly. And less charge time.
There, that is an even BETTER idea. Why isn't this a thing? I just don't understand the point of having it in the game if he isn't going to use it to its fullest extent. Even then (if they actually gave spray nozzle some damage), I think the water should probably have slightly more knock-back.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was thinking more along the lines of:
Up special stays the same.
Down special doesn't charge like in Brawl, but instead insta charges on the ground (like ROB's laser).
When you use the down special on the ground, it functions as normal, when used in the air, it switches to the hover nozzle and helps Mario recover.
Side special works the same, but if you hold down the button for a bit longer it'll swing into a glide, Mario could even slam into the ground to stun enemies.

@SaturnGamer64

You just lost a lot of credibility with my by calling Lucas a clone, his specials are similar yes, but functionally different. All of his regulars are completely different besides the stick. Even Wolf isn't a clone, none of his moves are similar to Fox besides his marginally different specials (and dat Landmaster).

Would Krystal's specials resemble Fox's specials? Yeah, it can form a barrier like Fox's reflector, it can perform a boost like Fox's recovery, it fires blasts like Fox's lasers, she'd probably get a different side special. All of her regular attacks would be completely different though, just like Wolf.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Dude I don't really care, I play smash. Not debate smash (why is this even a thing?).

THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? AND DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY YOU DON'T DO???

I could easily say your skills suck and I don't have respect for you as a smasher, your a casual, yada yada yada, but I won't.

Why not? You're already on a bashing streak. And casual? Lol.

Again your the one that starts arguments for no reason, and you add some quips in there for no reason, no need to be hostile, or call me illiterate.
Tip: Treat people the way you want to be treated.

And I start debates for a reason...get this........THIS IS A THREAD FOR DEBATING.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was thinking more along the lines of:
Up special stays the same.
Down special doesn't charge like in Brawl, but instead insta charges on the ground (like ROB's laser).
When you use the down special on the ground, it functions as normal, when used in the air, it switches to the hover nozzle and helps Mario recover.
Side special works the same, but if you hold down the button for a bit longer it'll swing into a glide, Mario could even slam into the ground to stun enemies.

@SaturnGamer64

You just lost a lot of credibility with my by calling Lucas a clone, his specials are similar yes, but functionally different. All of his regulars are completely different besides the stick. Even Wolf isn't a clone, none of his moves are similar to Fox besides his marginally different specials (and dat Landmaster).

Would Krystal's specials resemble Fox's specials? Yeah, it can form a barrier like Fox's reflector, it can perform a boost like Fox's recovery, it fires blasts like Fox's lasers, she'd probably get a different side special. All of her regular attacks would be completely different though, just like Wolf.
Another good idea, I like the idea of FLUDD being like ROB's laser. I mean with this idea, you lose nothing, but gain everything...

Anyways, yeah. Lucas isn't a clone, he is in the same vein as Wolf. Even most of his specials function differently like the ice or the PK fire that just does knock-back damage (which is horrible compared to the version Ness procures). His up and down specials are the only real copy and paste moves. Even then, if I recall correctly, the up-special for Lucas is slightly faster. I could be wrong. The normals, smash attacks, and aerials are all pretty much different. His side smash is comparable, but again, they function differently.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@SaturnGamer64

You just lost a lot of credibility with my by calling Lucas a clone
Oh, whatever! clone, semi-clone, quarter clone, can you people come up with a single term that refers to "Character that shares many moves with another character"? I'm getting kind of tired of the specific terminology.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? AND DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY YOU DON'T DO???

Why not? You're already on a bashing streak. And casual? Lol.

Tip: Treat people the way you want to be treated.

And I start debates for a reason...get this........THIS IS A THREAD FOR DEBATING.
1. Read it again, I go where ever I want, I don't need to be tied down to one thread. and If you haven't noticed, I don't always hang around here.

2. Because there's no need to bash you, hey you don't like PM or challenging other people to smash with ya, or enter in tourney's, all I see you do is start smash arguments. But hey, whadda I know?

3. Pro tip: Look in the mirror.

4. So it isn't the deadhorse topic thread? my bad. sorry but there isn't really much to debate about, you guys pretty much covered everything by now. Your just repeating old topics or scraping at the bottom of barrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom