• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
No, the franchise started with Mother, which released in 1989.
I am not well-versed in Mother or Earthbound. I have never played any of the games, but I was under the impression that Ninten was the star of Mother, not Ness. Furthermore, I didn't even think that Mother was localized here in the United States. It was released in 89 in Japan though, but even then, Ness wouldn't necessarily be your first retro unless you had a way to play a Japanese game, presuming that Ness was in the first Mother as opposed to Ninten.

Just my assumption.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So the week is over, and I'm now ready to post my latest roster update~

Changes from before...
• Character layout is more similar to Melee now, rather than being in a similar style to the Marvel vs Capcom franchise.
• Updated artwork for Palutena, Isaac, King Dedede, Ike, Muddy Mole, Snake, and Sheik.
• Updated names from Rosalina to Rosalina • Luma and Olimar to Pikmin • Olimar.
• The newcomer slot has been changed into Robin.
• Added a Random slot.
• Selectable character amount is now 48, total playable character amount is now 52.
[collapse="Reasoning for Characters"]Rosalina & Luma: Already confirmed.
King K. Rool: I've mentioned this before, but I have no qualms with Dixie Kong being in K. Rool's place. I just see K. Rool as the more unique option of the two, which is why I have placed him on the roster rather than Dixie.
Ridley: Reasoning for this character has been done to death, I'm sure everyone understands why Ridley can be in Smash.
Palutena: Disregarding the leak, Palutena was already a very likely candidate for Smash For as it is. This new leak only solidifies my stance that she will be playable.
Isaac: Isaac's popularity in the Pre-Brawl Poll will likely have him considered at the very least. He seems like he could be interesting mix of Swordplay and Magic. There also the Djinns from Golden Sun that Isaac could utilize in some way. I'm not big on Golden Sun, but I do see potential from what I've gathered.
Shulk: Xenoblade is a gem and the demand for this game, Pandora's Tower, and the Last Story shouldn't go unnoticed. Shulk wouldn't be in to be as "the people's character" but he would also introduce a new type of playstyle where the character gets better when you do damage with him (ala UMvC3's Frank West) through the use of the Monado. It really sounds like it would be interesting to see work in a game like Smash and I think that's enough to buy me in and want to see him in the game.
Villager: Already Confirmed.
Wii Fit Trainer: Already Confirmed.
Mewtwo: Honestly, I think Mewtwo should have been in Smash since the original one. No reason for him to not come back this time around, he's a "hot" Pokémon right now.
Robin: At this point, I've come to the conclusion that a character that has originated from Fire Emblem: Awakening is pretty much inevitable. So while the popular and common choice is Chrom, I believe the better decision is Robin, the player's avatar. But makes Robin so interesting and better than Chrom, you may ask? Well I have two reasons:
1) Avatar characters may become a staple in the Fire Emblem franchise. You see, the first Fire Emblem to have an avatar (or My Unit) character is Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~. This is the game Marth's design is from. Now after the success of Awakening and how involved the avatar character is in that game (I mean really involved) if there are new Fire Emblem games (which is more probable because of how well Awakening has done) Avatar characters may have found a new home in the Fire Emblem franchise. Which would be better than having a character from one game that we may never see again in a Fire Emblem game's core story *COUGHroy&chromCOUGH*.
2) The Avatar offers up the possibility of being Smash's first Stance character. People often complain how the Fire Emblem franchise is only represented through it's sword users, but Robin can be the first to change this trend by using both a sword and a tomb. Would be a character with another unique playstyle in mind (much like Samus in ProjectM, Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, and Squigly in Skullgirls)​
If you add Chrom, you're just adding another sword guy from Fire Emblem. Now there isn't any problem with that, Chrom could be unique if they tried hard enough to make him unique. But I believe Robin has a lot more to offer, so that's why I would much rather have Robin over any other FE character.
Little Mac: I still think Little Mac is probably the most likely newcomer for Smash For, so I believe there's really nothing for me to say here...
Muddy Mole: When it comes to retro characters, anything goes really. Generally I see people go for Takamaru, and I can honestly see why. There is a certain charm for classically themed Samurai characters like him and I can appreciate that. However, I really would like to see something really different from other characters, and I mean something really unique. So this is why I chose Muddy Mole as my personal retro character choice, because he can offer just that. His entire game was revolved around DIGGING UNDERGROUND. No other character in Smash can do that at ease! He'd have some really interesting stage control where he could probably appear underneath you from anywhere in a second or hide under it for a short period of time (ala Rocket Raccoon). He could also summon a large Iron Ball and use it as his personal projectile. Only he can grab and throw it, and it could potentially cause massive damage if it actually it somebody. Making the ground Muddy's home field. I could have gone with Takamaru, Lip, Mach Rider, or even Duck Hunt Dog for goodness sake. But Muddy Mole brings something new that no other character really can, so that's why I find him to be the ideal choice.
Also, this game is going to be on a handheld! What's wrong with having a retro character from a handheld?
Mega Man: Already confirmed.

No Cuts: Only character from Brawl I can see not returning is Snake, but I see no reason for him to go unless Nintendo would rather not have their game advertising games on other consoles right now. But Nintendo went to Konami for Snake in Brawl, so who knows really.[/collapse]

So yeah this is my roster right now! I'd love to hear some comments on it if anybody is willing to give any.

Morbi

Scavenger
He could use guns. Hell they could use a completely new design where he and the cycle are fused and he has rocket skates but his specials involve him morph into the motorcycle.
Look at Snake for me, does Snake use guns? No. Sakurai doesn't like realistic guns in his game, but Rocket Launchers are okay, I suppose. You can use mines and grenades... but not guns.

I mean if Mach Rider had a water gun... perhaps.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Is it intentional that you made Ridley's name in the reasoning spoiler tag bigger than the rest? :p

Either way, that roster would be incredible, and the icons look sleak as hell. The Star Fox crew fits right in.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I am not well-versed in Mother or Earthbound. I have never played any of the games, but I was under the impression that Ninten was the star of Mother, not Ness. Furthermore, I didn't even think that Mother was localized here in the United States. It was released in 89 in Japan though, but even then, Ness wouldn't necessarily be your first retro unless you had a way to play a Japanese game, presuming that Ness was in the first Mother as opposed to Ninten.

Just my assumption.
Yeah, Ninten was the protagonist of the first, however, the franchise started in 89, not 9something.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Say, if you can recall from memory, what was the first "retro" you saw before you knew about Smash Bros.
Ironically enough, Tamagon was my first retro I saw when I played a hacked collection of NES games on the Gameboy Advance.
Duck Hunt Dog.

If Mach Rider was completely on his own, he could potentially make him a Captain semi-clone.
Most likely. Unless he/she were to rely on weapons similar to the power ups in Mach Rider. Then he/she could be a zoner instead.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Is it intentional that you made Ridley's name in the reasoning spoiler tag bigger than the rest?:p
Yup! Why wouldn't it be?
Either way, that roster would be incredible, and the icons look sleak as hell. The Star Fox crew fits right in.
Thank you so much! I do my best to try to make sure everybody mixes in nicely with each other.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Look at Snake for me, does Snake use guns? No. Sakurai doesn't like realistic guns in his game, but Rocket Launchers are okay, I suppose. You can use mines and grenades... but not guns.

I mean if Mach Rider had a water gun... perhaps.
Clearly his weapon would be some sort of Pie Cannon. The mightiest weapon of them all.

Changes from before...
• Character layout is more similar to Melee now, rather than being in a similar style to the Marvel vs Capcom franchise.
• Updated artwork for Palutena, Isaac, King Dedede, Ike, Muddy Mole, Snake, and Sheik.
• Added a Random slot.
• Selectable character amount is now 48, total playable character amount is now 52.
King K. Rool: I've mentioned this before, but I have no qualms with Dixie Kong being in K. Rool's place. I just see K. Rool as the more unique option of the two, which is why I have placed him on the roster rather than Dixie.
Ridley: Reasoning for this character has been done to death, I'm sure everyone understands why Ridley can be in Smash.
Palutena: Disregarding the leak, Palutena was already a very likely candidate for Smash For as it is. This new leak only solidifies my stance that she will be playable.
Isaac: Isaac's popularity in the Pre-Brawl Poll will likely have him considered at the very least. He seems like he could be interesting mix of Swordplay and Magic. There also the Djinns from Golden Sun that Isaac could utilize in some way. I'm not big on Golden Sun, but I do see potential from what I've gathered.
Shulk: Xenoblade is a gem and the demand for this game, Pandora's Tower, and the Last Story shouldn't go unnoticed. Shulk wouldn't be in to be as "the people's character" but he would also introduce a new type of playstyle where the character gets better when you do damage with him (ala UMvC3's Frank West) through the use of the Monado. It really sounds like it would be interesting to see work in a game like Smash and I think that's enough to buy me in and want to see him in the game.
Mewtwo: Honestly, I think Mewtwo should have been in Smash since the original one. No reason for him to not come back this time around, he's a "hot" Pokémon right now.
Robin: At this point, I've come to the conclusion that a character that has originated from Fire Emblem: Awakening is pretty much inevitable. So while the popular and common choice is Chrom, I believe the better decision is Robin, the player's avatar. But makes Robin so interesting and better than Chrom, you may ask? Well I have two reasons:
1) Avatar characters may become a staple in the Fire Emblem franchise. You see, the first Fire Emblem to have an avatar (or My Unit) character is Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~. This is the game Marth's design is from. Now after the success of Awakening and how involved the avatar character is in that game (I mean really involved) if there are new Fire Emblem games (which is more probable because of how well Awakening has done) Avatar characters may have found a new home in the Fire Emblem franchise. Which would be better than having a character from one game that we may never see again in a Fire Emblem game's core story *COUGHroy&chromCOUGH*.
2) The Avatar offers up the possibility of being Smash's first Stance character. People often complain how the Fire Emblem franchise is only represented through it's sword users, but Robin can be the first to change this trend by using both a sword and a tomb. Would be a character with another unique playstyle in mind (much like Samus in ProjectM, Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, and Squigly in Skullgirls)​
If you add Chrom, you're just adding another sword guy from Fire Emblem. Now there isn't any problem with that, Chrom could be unique if they tried hard enough to make him unique. But I believe Robin has a lot more to offer, so that's why I would much rather have Robin over any other FE character.
Little Mac: I still think Little Mac is probably the most likely newcomer for Smash For, so I believe there's really nothing for me to say here...
Muddy Mole: When it comes to retro characters, anything goes really. Generally I see people go for Takamaru, and I can honestly see why. There is a certain charm for classically themed Samurai characters like him and I can appreciate that. However, I really would like to see something really different from other characters, and I mean something really unique. So this is why I chose Muddy Mole as my personal retro character choice, because he can offer just that. His entire game was revolved around DIGGING UNDERGROUND. No other character in Smash can do that at ease! He'd have some really interesting stage control where he could probably appear underneath you from anywhere in a second or hide under it for a short period of time (ala Rocket Raccoon). He could also summon a large Iron Ball and use it as his personal projectile. Only he can grab and throw it, and it could potentially cause massive damage if it actually it somebody. Making the ground Muddy's home field. I could have gone with Takamaru, Lip, Mach Rider, or even Duck Hunt Dog for goodness sake. But Muddy Mole brings something new that no other character really can, so that's why I find him to be the ideal choice.
Also, this game is going to be on a handheld! What's wrong with having a retro character from a handheld?

No Cuts: Only character from Brawl I can see not returning is Snake, but I see no reason for him to go unless Nintendo would rather not have their game advertising games on other consoles right now. But Nintendo went to Konami for Snake in Brawl, so who knows really.[/collapse]

So yeah this is my roster right now! I'd love to hear some comments on it if anybody is willing to give any.
This roster looks good. Not just because of the characters used. I mean that it looks sleeker than the norm we see around here. Points for going for a retro that isn't Takamaru or Lip, I guess.

Anyway....how many food nicknames did we make again? We might as well make a list for it or something. The best one is still King K. Rool-aid.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know, if you guys would be so kind, could you please order the value of "shoe-in" characters for me. I am just curious how likely everyone actually thinks each character will be. Essentially, I want to find out how much everyone wants a character and what their overall likeliness is equivalent to. You can do it in any format you want.
These are the "shoe-in" characters I am curious about- Ridely, K. Rool and/or Dixie (depends on preference), Palutena, Little Mac, Shulk and/or Isaac (depends on preference), Mewtwo, Chrom and/or Roy (depends on preference).

Example 1- Mewtwo, Palutena, Chrom, Ridley, Dixie, Little Mac, Isaac.
You are just ordering their likeliness from most to least.

Example 2- Mewtwo (99%)
Palutena (85%)
Chrom (75%)
Ridley (50%)
Dixie (50%)
Little Mac (30%)
Isaac (25%)
You are assigning an arbitrary value to each "shoe-in".

Example 3- Mewtwo, Palutena, Chrom
You are listing the only characters that you actually believe to be "shoe-in".

Example 4- Character prediction format, essentially example two, but you add the component of "want".
Mewtwo Want: 100%
Mewtwo Chances: 99%

Or any other format you want. I am just wondering what people think about "shoe-in" characters against each other. No doubt all of these characters are likely, but I want to know just how likely they are comparatively. I just figured it would be something else to discuss.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Changes from before...
• Added a Random slot.

I'm pretty skeptical that Issac OR Shulk will make it in. But, BOTH? I don't know about that. Would definitely replace one with Samurai Goroh

Muddy Mole...eh...I just don't think that's the kind of retro Sakurai is looking for. I can't explain it much, but it just seems so random. I honestly don't see him getting in while Takamaru and Lip are available I'll tell you that much! I just don't see where this character is remotely significant besides that 3DS VC port.

At least Ice Climber represented the Arcade esque NES titles and was somewhat notable. But, then again Sakurai is paying tribute to Handheld history a lot more this time.

Also I like the addition of Robin. But, why do you insist on using such small icons with strange poses and Brawl models? (Also don't expect Rosalina & Luma to be the tag if Pikmin & Olimar is not)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know, if you guys would be so kind, could you please order the value of "shoe-in" characters for me. I am just curious how likely everyone actually thinks each character will be. Essentially, I want to find out how much everyone wants a character and what their overall likeliness is equivalent to. You can do it in any format you want.
These are the "shoe-in" characters I am curious about- Ridely, K. Rool and/or Dixie (depends on preference), Palutena, Little Mac, Shulk and/or Isaac (depends on preference), Mewtwo, Chrom and/or Roy (depends on preference).

Example 2- Mewtwo (99%)
Palutena (85%)
Chrom (75%)
Ridley (50%)
Dixie (50%)
Little Mac (30%)
Isaac (25%)

Example 4- Character prediction format, essentially example two, but you add the component of "want".

Or any other format you want. I am just wondering what people think about "shoe-in" characters against each other. No doubt all of these characters are likely, but I want to know just how likely they are comparatively. I just figured it would be something else to discuss.
I'll rank them as under:
Mewtwo
Li'l Mac
King K. Rool
Palutena
Ridley
Dixie
Chrom/Roy
Isaac/Shulk

While making the list, I had a hard time deciding where to put Dixie. She's likely, but how much compared to others is a little hard to guess.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wait, are we measuring the likelyhood of characters now? Okay.

1. Ghirahim -100%
2. Ghirahim - Also 100%
3. Lord Ghirahim - 100%
4. Demon Lord Ghirahim - 100%
5. Spirit Form Ghirahim - 100%
6. Debbie - 100%
7. That guy from the Skyward Sword trailer - 100%
8. Ghirahim - 40%, why is he so popular, ugh
9. Yuga vs. Ghirahim

Morbi

Scavenger
Wait, are we measuring the likelyhood of characters now? Okay.

1. Ghirahim -100%
2. Ghirahim - Also 100%
3. Lord Ghirahim - 100%
4. Demon Lord Ghirahim - 100%
5. Spirit Form Ghirahim - 100%
6. Debbie - 100%
7. That guy from Skyward Sword trailer - 100%
8. Ghirahim - 40%, why is he so popular, ugh
9. Yuga vs. Ghirahim
Haha, I almost forgot that Ghirahim was "shoe-in," silly me, I forgot to add him to the list. :awesome:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Example 2- Mewtwo (99%)
Palutena (85%)
Chrom (75%)
Ridley (50%)
Dixie (50%)
Little Mac (30%)
Isaac (25%)

As far as chances go I personally think it would be like this.

Mewtwo(9.5/10) A popular character that was already put into the series before, seems likely.

Palutena(9.0/10) The leak looks promising, but it could be a well done fake, other wise I would bump her down to 7.5/10. Still a popular character.

Little Mac(8.5/10) A popular character from the old school days. Just had a new game not too long ago. Easy to imagine as a fighter, yet can still be unique by having an actual fighting style.

King K. Rool(8/10) Popular all over the world despite not showing up as constantly as he used to. A lot of potential. Important as far as villains go.

Ridley(8/10) Again, another really popular character. Has potential to make an interesting moveset. Easily one of the major characters in his series. One of Nintendo's most noticeable villains.

Chrom(7/10) Intelligence Systems would probably want to keep using him in some fashion. Their most successful game stars this dude. If Sakurai wants their opinion on who to add, he seems like a dead ringer.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I guess I'll consider adding Muddy Mole to my predictions. Only because Sakurai is paying more tribute to hand held history this time. I just can't see him getting in over Takamaru and Lip.

(Or we could get both)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Example 2- Mewtwo (99%)
Palutena (85%)
Chrom (75%)
Ridley (50%)
Dixie (50%)
Little Mac (30%)
Isaac (25%)

Here's the closest things to shoo-ins I can see:

Mewtwo, Little Mac, Palutena, Dixie and Chrom. I don't necessarily want these characters; for example I prefer Roy AND Robin to Chrom, but I think they're the most likely.

Shulk could also be considered close, but after the above. I prefer Isaac, but he's got a far smaller chance.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't see Lip happening due to all the small references to her game.

It seems like compensation.
I just noticed something about Lip that will most definitely, certainly, surely, one-hundred percent, absolutely, and objectively get her in the game above characters like Takamaru.

She is a female character. :troll:

Sign me up for Team Lip!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
He could use guns. Hell they could use a completely new design where he and the cycle are fused and he has rocket skates but his specials involve him morph into the motorcycle.
oh my god yess
Also Bike Chain pls. If we're not getting Simon Belmont, the next best thing is epic badass biker man from the future with motorcycles, (laser)guns, explosions, and bike chain whips.

Also, I remember someone made a topic about redesigning characters in the Project M subforums and somebody made this Mach Rider as a Samus / Captain Falcon hybrid-clone suggestion

would be pretty awesome if Mach looked like this.
----
This roster looks good. Not just because of the characters used. I mean that it looks sleeker than the norm we see around here. Points for going for a retro that isn't Takamaru or Lip, I guess.
Thanks for your kind comments! I played around with the roster slots so they seemed more like they do in Brawl, inspired by some of BluePikmin's latest rosters where he did something similar.
I see the appeal of Lip and Takamaru, but I don't really know if Lip should be considered "retro" anymore (I mean I know she's only in the SNES title, but the franchise is anything but retro) and I just don't see what makes Takamaru so likely anymore (I guess Samurai Warriors and Nintendo Land presence, make some sense. But doesn't that destroy the point of being retro? Not being entirely relevant?). But that's just me really. If Muddy was deconfirmed or something, next best thing for me would probably be Mach Rider.
I'm pretty skeptical that Issac OR Shulk will make it in. But, BOTH? I don't know about that. Would definitely replace one with Samurai Goroh
I won't deny that it is a risky decision, but I find that there is enough reasons for both characters to be in and that there is no real reason as to why they can't coexist. If something did happen to Shulk or Isaac though, I'd probably consider switiching one of them to another unrepresented franchise character before I'd consider Goroh. Maybe Rhythm Heaven's Wrestler or Chibi-Robo... But Goroh wouldn't be too far behind on that list.
Muddy Mole...eh...I just don't think that's the kind of retro Sakurai is looking for. I can't explain it much, but it just seems so random. I honestly don't see him getting in while Takamaru and Lip are available I'll tell you that much! I just don't see where this character is remotely significant besides that 3DS VC port. At least Ice Climber represented the Arcade esque NES titles and was somewhat notable. But, then again Sakurai is paying tribute to Handheld history a lot more this time.
I believe Sakurai is really looking for unique characters this time around, which is evident with our current roster of newcomers. So that is generally what I based my character decisions on, uniqueness. So I feel that out of all of the potential retros, Muddy is the one with the most to offer.
Also I like the addition of Robin. But, why do you insist on using such small icons with strange poses and Brawl models? (Also don't expect Rosalina & Luma to be the tag if Pikmin & Olimar is not)
I suppose it may be because I'd like to have as much of the character shown in the image as possible without it looking too small? Jigglypuff may seem a bit too far away, but if I go any closer it cuts off her head and I'd rather not cut some of her head off.
As for the Brawl Models, I use some custom CSPs made by the Brawl modding community for all of my veteran characters (and a couple new ones too).
Also, I don't really care if they won't be referred to as Rosalina & Luma or Pikmin & Olimar or not. I think they should be, but it wouldn't sound right in classic mode. I mean, "VERSUS Rosalina & Luma AND Pikmin & Olimar AND Pit" wouldn't sound right. But I going for what the names would look like on the website (Which is why Wii Fit is not in call caps on Wii Fit Trainer's slot) because I'm a stickler for the details like that.

Thanks for your thoughts you two!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
This new meme thing is going to be as bad as "YOU MUST RECOVER!"
When Sakurai joins the battle, his cat is in in charge of the daily updates. Sakurai's Cat: "I want to post something stupid!"
Okay I'm done now.

Nope, not a gun. Pit can't use guns. It's a Staff. It's a gift from the gods.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
oh my god yess
Also Bike Chain pls. If we're not getting Simon Belmont, the next best thing is epic badass biker man from the future with motorcycles, (laser)guns, explosions, and bike chain whips.

Also, I remember someone made a topic about redesigning characters in the Project M subforums and somebody made this Mach Rider as a Samus / Captain Falcon hybrid-clone suggestion

would be pretty awesome if Mach looked like this.
Oh dude. That is sick. If he looked like that you better believe he's my main. Especially if he gets a gritty metal version of his theme.

Wouldn't that be a reason she's more significant?
Maybe. But alot of those references would probably be where her moves come from should she get in.

And KIrby already transforms into a Garbage Block, so...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I see the appeal of Lip and Takamaru, but I don't really know if Lip should be considered "retro" anymore (I mean I know she's only in the SNES title, but the franchise is anything but retro)
I think Sakurai still considers her retro. And even then, the character herself IS retro.

and I just don't see what makes Takamaru so likely anymore (I guess Samurai Warriors and Nintendo Land presence, make some sense. But doesn't that destroy the point of being retro? Not being entirely relevant?).
Takamaru is probably one of the most classic Famicom games even if it isn't localised. And pretty much every retro is relevant thanks to Virtual Console.

I won't deny that it is a risky decision, but I find that there is enough reasons for both characters to be in
IIIIIIIIIIIII do not.

I'd probably consider switiching one of them to another unrepresented franchise character before I'd consider Goroh.
If there aren't any then I wouldn't recommend adding a franchise for no other reason than having another franchise.

I find it a little unrealistic that Kid Icarus is the only single rep veteran IP with a newcomer. Especially when there's a perfectly deserving franchise like F-Zero.

Maybe Rhythm Heaven's Wrestler or Chibi-Robo... But Goroh wouldn't be too far behind on that list.
Are you serious?

I believe Sakurai is really looking for unique characters this time around, which is evident with our current roster of newcomers. So that is generally what I based my character decisions on, uniqueness. So I feel that out of all of the potential retros, Muddy is the one with the most to offer.
I disagree, I think a puzzle character would bring more variety.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I see we are talking about lasers and racers or something.

Speaking of cars and lasers, I had a character idea.
First, watch this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g-CzvLth1Iw
A VEHICLE IN A FIGHTING GAME!!!

Let me just get to the point.
LANDMASTER!
I can see Sakurai doing this for the trolly lulz.
He has to be aware of the LandMaster jokes going around.
I am not saying I predict this, but I wouldn't be surprised.

What I do predict, however, is Sandbag.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Example 2- Mewtwo (99%)
Palutena (85%)
Chrom (75%)
Ridley (50%)
Dixie (50%)
Little Mac (30%)
Isaac (25%)

1. Little Mac
2. Mewtwo
3. Palutena
4. Pac-Man
5. Mii
6. Shulk
7. Ridley
8. Dixie Kong (Whether she's paired with Diddy or not)
9. Cranky Kong
10. K. Rool
That's how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom