• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I see we are talking about lasers and racers or something.

Speaking of cars and lasers, I had a character idea.
First, watch this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g-CzvLth1Iw
A VEHICLE IN A FIGHTING GAME!!!

Let me just get to the point.
LANDMASTER!
I can see Sakurai doing this for the trolly lulz.
He has to be aware of the LandMaster jokes going around.
I am not saying I predict this, but I wouldn't be surprised.

What I do predict, however, is Sandbag.
Already seen it. You're too slow :sonic:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

First, watch this:

LANDMASTER!

:facepalm:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh dude. That is sick. If he looked like that you better believe he's my main. Especially if he gets a gritty metal version of his theme.
Aw yeah, that Mach Rider: Unchained rumor broke my soul when it turned out to be fake. Was really hoping for a gritty nintendo game, I hope it's Sakurai's next project if Mach is somehow included in Smash For. Seems like a genre he'd be interested after how awesome Uprising was.
---
I think Sakurai still considers her retro. And even then, the character herself IS retro.
He could, but that's just how I see it.
Takamaru is probably one of the most classic Famicom games even if it isn't localised. And pretty much every retro is relevant thanks to Virtual Console.
Well that second part isn't entirely true. It's not like they remade the games and the characters are fresh in the developer's minds. They just got a team of other people to port it while they work on other titles.

As for Mysterious Castle being considered a classic, I suppose that make sense. Since Takamaru has been said to be Japan's Pit.
IIIIIIIIIIIII do not.
Well that's your opinion my friend. I won't try to change your mind, that never turns out in anyone's favor.
[qupte]If there aren't any then I wouldn't recommend adding a franchise for no other reason than having another franchise.[/quote]There aren't a lot of "deserving" franchises left, no. But there are enough for me to consider over characters from existing franchises in Smash that don't necessarily need another character.
I find it a little unrealistic that Kid Icarus is the only single rep veteran IP with a newcomer. Especially when there's a perfectly deserving franchise like F-Zero.
Well Palutena is a highly requested newcomer, I wouldn't say Goroh or Black Shadow rival her on requests.
Are you serious?
Well moreso on Rhythm Heaven's Wrestler than Chibi-Robo. But I've been thinking about Chibi-Robo for a little while now, and much potential the little guy has to be something completely unique from the rest of the smash cast. But it's just an idea right now, I'll to mull it over some more before I decide if I should make any changes eventually.
I disagree, I think a puzzle character would bring more variety.
Uh, Muddy Mole is a puzzle character. Mole Mania is a Puzzle Adventure game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So,you want Mach Rider to be a transformer?

View attachment 7178
Yes. And I am sure you do as well.

So, Lip doesn't have a whole lot of moves to pull from and her potential moves all have different roles in the game.

Lip's Stick is an item and Garbage Block is part of a move for Kirby.

Do you see Link's Master Sword and Boomerang as items?
Samus's Up B is an item. So is Diddy's banana.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So, Lip doesn't have a whole lot of moves to pull from and her potential moves all have different roles in the game.

First of all:

And second of all:
the garbage block is a skin for Kirby's move. Lip would most likely summon a Garbage Block. One that is much bigger nonetheless. I do imagine that if Kirby is still a Garbage Block that it would hurt Lip's chances as it wouldn't make a lot of sense for that to be if a character summons that item.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I'm surprised no one pointed out if the garbage block deconfirms Lip like with Villager's Balloon move.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah,a puzzle adventure. Just like The Legend of Zelda.
Well darn, that's true isn't it.
Mole Mania is still much more like an actual Puzzle game than the Zelda franchise, at least that's how I look at it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Okay. Now what does this have to do with Smash?

Sakurai has specifically said that they design the guns in Smash carefully so they don't look like real guns.
T'was a joke. A jest. A pull of the leg.
I was merely playing around the fact that Morbid said that Sakurai doesn't like to use guns in his games. Which, of course, he doesn't. He makes his games to be more family friendly.
So, as an ironic joke, I showed Sakurai doing the opposite, but in Kid Icarus there was arguable justification since the weapon isn't called a gun...but it effectively is.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well Palutena is a highly requested newcomer, I wouldn't say Goroh or Black Shadow rival her on requests.
I was suggesting you have BOTH. Also:

Well moreso on Rhythm Heaven's Wrestler than Chibi-Robo. But I've been thinking about Chibi-Robo for a little while now, and much potential the little guy has to be something completely unique from the rest of the smash cast. But it's just an idea right now, I'll to mull it over some more before I decide if I should make any changes eventually.
Assist Trophy Yes. Playable, no.

Uh, Muddy Mole is a puzzle character. Mole Mania is a Puzzle Adventure game.
What I meant by Puzzle was this:
upload_2014-1-23_16-12-0.jpeg

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
First of all:

And second of all:
the garbage block is a skin for Kirby's move. Lip would most likely summon a Garbage Block. One that is much bigger nonetheless. I do imagine that if Kirby is still a Garbage Block that it would hurt Lip's chances as it wouldn't make a lot of sense for that to be if a character summons that item.
I can see the Miiverse post now.

"Pic of the day. When Lip joins the battle, Kirby's stone ability gets a generic Star block instead of a Garbage Block. Because that would be confusing.

Star block: "*THUMP*"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well darn, that's true isn't it.
Mole Mania is still much more like an actual Puzzle game than the Zelda franchise, at least that's how I look at it.
Now that you think about it,modern nintendo games is a puzzle platformer/adventure/RPG/etc. So,yeah. Everything's a puzzle game.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was merely playing around the fact that Morbid said that Sakurai doesn't like to use guns in his games. Which, of course, he doesn't. He makes his games to be more family friendly.
So, as an ironic joke, I showed Sakurai doing the opposite, but in Kid Icarus there was arguable justification since the weapon isn't called a gun...but it effectively is.
Is that a Skyrim reference? Anyways, I don't mean to be a buzz-kill or anything, but I didn't say "games," as in plural. I just said "game." :awesome:

Xhampi

Smash Lord

First, watch this:

LANDMASTER!

Nintendo does have some living vehicules if you want :

By exemple, this one is from stunt race FX

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is that a Skyrim reference? Anyways, I don't mean to be a buzz-kill or anything, but I didn't say "games," as in plural. I just said "game." :awesome:
He made a non-nintendo reference. KICK HIM IN THE KNEE! HIS ONLY WEAKNESS.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Oh.

Okay.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm surprised no one pointed out if the garbage block deconfirms Lip like with Villager's Balloon move.
I actually have the solution, this is very feasible, I hope... you enjoy!

Balloon Fighter rides in carrying Lip, together they are one, together they are strong. The represent that menial de-confirmations are irrelevant. Fighting evil and allowing justice to prevail! Balloon Lips! The ultimate WARRIOR!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I actually have the solution, this is very feasible, I hope... you enjoy!

Balloon Fighter rides in carrying Lip, together they are one, together they are strong. The represent that menial de-confirmations are irrelevant. Fighting evil and allowing justice to prevail! Balloon Lips! The ultimate WARRIOR!
So a plastic surgeon attachment is powerful? Ok.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I was suggesting you have BOTH. Also:
No I knew you meant for me to keep both. I was just saying that Palutena's got a lot more want.
AND okay you have a point there. Maybe I'll consider it someday???
Assist Trophy Yes. Playable, UH No.
Aw come on! Rhythm Heaven's a pretty popular Nintendo franchise, especially in Japan. Wouldn't say it's an out of the box idea to see a playable character from it. Chibi-Robo is a lot more risky though, but again I was just experimenting with how he'd be unique in my head. Just a fan of how he could play.
What I meant by Puzzle was this:
View attachment 7179
Well they're both puzzle games, that's just classified as a traditional puzzle game.
But you can't tell me this isn't more confusing than that:

---
So Legend of Zelda is more like a puzzle ADVENTURE, whilst Mole Mania is more like a PUZZLE adventure.
Yes exactly!
Wow, are you a wizard morbid???
---
Now that you think about it,modern nintendo games is a puzzle platformer/adventure/RPG/etc. So,yeah. Everything's a puzzle game.
Then again, it requires more thought to play a Nintendo game than your average shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom