• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Is that a Skyrim reference? Anyways, I don't mean to be a buzz-kill or anything, but I didn't say "games," as in plural. I just said "game." :awesome:
I would never reference Skyrim. Mostly because I've never found any meme from that game funny.
Course maybe that's because I never actually played it.
And keep your voice down, people are listening!

He made a non-nintendo reference. KICK HIM IN THE KNEE! HIS ONLY WEAKNESS.
Says the guy who posts tons of Dr. Who GIFs :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would never reference Skyrim. Mostly because I've never found any meme from that game funny.
Course maybe that's because I never actually played it.

Says the guy who posts tons of Dr. Who GIFs :troll:
I've seen a lot of Skyrim. There are not that many memes of it, really. And most of them are the ones you know and probably hate.

Reznor

work in progress
people referencing Skyrim the worst elder scrolls game :urg:

so are N64 games considered retro now or not ........ what is the age limit :drflip:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
people referencing Skyrim the worst elder scrolls game :urg:

so are N64 games considered retro now or not ........ what is the age limit :drflip:
I'm pretty sure they will in 2 years.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know what?
Let's just slap a bandana on Chrom, give him a spear, make him 8-bit and call it retro, make him pose for da fans, make sure his body is ready, have him riding on Ridley, give him a map translating shop, and then we can call it a day for newcomers.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think I remember asking this back in September. The answer was 10 years is all it takes.

Mario 64 is considered retro. What in the hell, even?
With that logic Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes are also retro games, not to mention Melee. In 4 years Brawl will be a retro game too. I'm fairly sure that's not how it works.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know what?
Let's just slap a bandana on Chrom, give him a spear, make him 8-bit and call it retro, make him pose for da fans, make sure his body is ready, have him riding on Ridley, give him a map translating shop, and then we can call it a day for newcomers.
You and your weird phases.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
With that logic Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes are also retro games, not to mention Melee. In 4 years Brawl will be a retro game too. I'm fairly sure that's not how it works.
See, I thought that too. Ten seems far too short.

Even saying Smash 64 is retro feels incredibly wrong, yet weirdly the SNES does feel quite retro.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's a question : Does nintendo own the rights to the game "The Mystical Ninja" for the Snes?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Last page. Check out. Now.
I just did...and nothing interesting happened. A bunch of comparisons, back-and-forths, and Noah being a typical fire starter. However, props to your Meme army, that got a chuckle out of me.

Another thing that got a chuckle out of me is that I just realized it's been well over two weeks since I've changed my avatar...too long, changed. :p

Here's a question : Does nintendo own the rights to the game "The Mystical Ninja" for the Snes?
I think it's Konami actually, not sure.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just did...and nothing interesting happened. A bunch of comparisons, back-and-forths, and Noah being a typical fire starter. However, props to your Meme army, that got a chuckle out of me.

Another thing that got a chuckle out of me is that I just realized it's been well over two weeks since I've changed my avatar...too long, changed. :p
Jesus,why does she lose more clothes per avatar change? I'm not getting a damn boner.

Reznor

work in progress

I think it's Konami actually, not sure.
you change your avatar almost as often as me :awesome:
but you use sexy ladies so you win :ohwell: (i'll just have to make mine a sexy lady as well)

andimidna

Smash Master
You do seem to forget one major thing about Vaati's games, they were both critically acclaimed and gained awards. Minish Cap was named the 20th best Game Boy Advance Game in an IGN feature and was selected the 2005 GBA Game of the year by Gamespot. Four Swords Adventures was considered the 48th-best game ever made on a Nintendo system by Nintendo Power, and received an aggregated 86 out of 100 from Metacritic. It is also the third-best selling game of June 2004 in North America, with 155,000 units, and has since sold 250,000 copies. It has also sold 127,000 units in Japan. Four Swords also got itself an anniversary edition too and Minish Cap was a 3DS ambassador

Those don't seem like minor obscure achievements to you? They seem that way to me. I just stated how they were among the least popular, worst selling, in a critically acclaimed series. The Zelda series is what is critically acclaimed, not these lesser-known Zelda games. Plus, all that happened before Brawl. He has nothing now, except for the anniversary edition, which, like I said, isn't more significant than what he had in Brawl. I already discussed him with myself, and there is nothing left to say. Plus, I said I used Wikipedia, and I know for a fact that's a copy-paste of the top description. So yes, I know all of that. And I don't think it can even justify him being an assist. Unless Capcom suddenly announces they are on the development team for Smash Bros XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom