• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Damn,I can't find a way to get a .gif sig. I must post something I dear.

Morbi

Scavenger
We need a new topic. What about... talking about possible retros that aren't named Takamaru?
Little Mac. :troll:

In all honesty, I hope it is actually a recognizable retro that people actually want. Game and Watch and ROB are still as repugnant as ever. Do they have unique move-sets? Maybe. Do they have cohesive/good/coherent move-sets? No.

Morbi

Scavenger
Let's talk about Duck Hunt Dog, his playstyle should definitely define annoying. I honestly think he provides more potential than Takamaru.
The thing I really like about Duck Hunt Dog is that everyone will recognize him. As many already know, I am a casual Nintendo fan. He is one of the only retros that I actually know. I didn't know who the **** Lip or Takamaru were before joining Smashboards. I mean, whenever people pull out a retro that isn't Lip or Takamaru, I still don't know who they are. My retro game isn't up. That is half the reason I support the MAC Daddy. He is the only likely retro that I actually know (although I have never played any of his games).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Star Man from Pro Wrestling.
It's about time Smash gets a REAL grappler character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Say, if you can recall from memory, what was the first "retro" you saw before you knew about Smash Bros.
Ironically enough, Tamagon was my first retro I saw when I played a hacked collection of NES games on the Gameboy Advance.

Morbi

Scavenger
Say, if you can recall from memory, what was the first "retro" you saw before you knew about Smash Bros.
Ironically enough, Tamagon was my first retro I saw when I played a hacked collection of NES games on the Gameboy Advanced.
Pac-Man. Definitely Pac-Man.

Unless you are talking about Nintendo... in that case... Duck Hunt Dog. :awesome:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ironically enough, Tamagon was my first retro I saw when I played a hacked collection of NES games on the Gameboy Advance.
You know, you have a really interesting backstory BluePikmin

Reznor

work in progress
R.O.B I guess

Edit: I didn't read the question correctly :facepalm:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Doesn't mean they can't improvise.
I know that, just kidding.
Besides his poses can't match the finesse of a Joestar. :smirk:

Yes, Smash does need a grappler. I usually love to play as them, the closest I have gotten is Bowser. I don't even know if there is another one in the game... unless you count Ice Climbers. :awesome:
If you think about it, there aren't many characters in Smash that match the average Fighting Game archetype. The only ones that come to mind are obviously Mario & Luigi being the shotos of the series.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I never saw a retro before Smash Bros., unless you count Pacman.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I would support Mike Jones or Mach Rider, I really enjoy both characters. That being said, I accept they're both pretty unlikely; Mike Jones' claim to fame has been stolen by Ness and his character design is quite dull. Mach Rider would be awesome but impractical as hell.

I also consider Ness to be the first retro, as I wasn't old enough to own a Super Nintendo but was old enough to own a Nintendo 64. Objectively I do not think he would be considered one though.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Duck Hunt Dog. It was Pit, but he got a revival recently so I guess he doesn't count.

I also think I used to own a ROB. Or a ripoff of him, I honestly don't recall.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support Takamaru, Mach Rider, Lip, and Muddy Mole as retro options.
Duck Hunt Dog is cool, but not as much as these four imo.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would support Mike Jones or Mach Rider, I really enjoy both characters. That being said, I accept they're both pretty unlikely; Mike Jones' claim to fame has been stolen by Ness and his character design is quite dull. Mach Rider would be awesome but impractical as hell.

I also consider Ness to be the first retro, as I wasn't old enough to own a Super Nintendo but was old enough to own a Nintendo 64. Objectively I do not think he would be considered one though.
Wasn't Ness the star of Earthbound (Mother 2) though? I just checked and that game came out in 1995 in the United States. So, essentially 4 years prior to Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom