• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So, I haven't played any Fire Emblem games(Planning on picking up Awakening though), and I have an FE question. I've seen some rosters that have Chrom and Lucina as an Ice Climbers-like duo. My question is: Does that make sense canonically? Like, did Chrom and Lucina work together for the game or what?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What's the topic in here right now?

So, I haven't played any Fire Emblem games(Planning on picking up Awakening though), and I have an FE question. I've seen some rosters that have Chrom and Lucina as an Ice Climbers-like duo. My question is: Does that make sense canonically? Like, did Chrom and Lucina work together for the game or what?
Duel up mechanic introduced in awakening. Try out the demo, it'll explain.

andimidna

Smash Master
State your reasons for your specific characters, your new so i don't know how you tick, i'd like to know.

And no I won't get pissed off.

Impa-
I don't think the Shiekah will be recieving two characters, so Shiek would need to be cut. They would definitely have a similar moveset. But I don't think that's a major point, I've never seen a roster where Impa was added but Shiek was cut. Impa supporters always cut Shiek. Which is a bad idea. Sheik is actually the more well-known character, despite game appearances. And has continued to be a complete success, she is very popular amongst SSB fans AND Zelda fans. Impa doesn't have the popularity Shiek has even as a Zelda character. And Impa has never been in Smash Bros, so Sheik wins there too. Plus, Sheik doesn't take up a slot. It's what makes Zelda unique. Zelda is the only unique Zelda character in Smash Bros. Link and Toon Link have only one different move aside from gravity/speed. Ganondorf, for some reason, is still a clone of Captain Falcon (hopefully this will not be the case this time around, Sage Sword ftw). Young Link was a complete clone of Link. It's sad. All the characters were a the bottom of the tier list at "**** level" right next to Jigglypuff. Shiek was mid-low. Toon Link was mid-high. But isn't it time for something new? Something we can actually call new? Impa would not feel like a newcomer, and would not be very accepted as it would most likely mean either:
1. The removal of Shiek
2. She'd be a semi-clone of a transformation.
I don't see how Sakurai could make them unique enough. They are supposed to fight the same, that's the point of Sheik. Impa taught her all of her moves. If they fought differently, that would be a bit odd. And the only move Impa ever really does is that blue... thing. From Skyward Sword... the blue thing that Ghirahim breaks... it was like, a shield? Other than that, she makes portals.

Toon Zelda-
While I'm talking about new additions and adding things that are new, it makes sense to talk about why I don't like the idea of Toon Zelda in Smash Bros. Toon Link was added in Brawl, and was a semi-clone. Toon Link returns in Smash 4, as a semi-clone. Hmmm... yet people speculate, that if Toon Zelda were added, for some reason... she'd be freakin' unique?! No! Toon Link is the main protagonist with a full separate moveset from Twilight Princess Link, including various items not seen in any other Zelda game. None of which are part of Twilight Princess Link's moveset. Yet, with all the uniqueness available to him, he ended up... a clone. Whereas Toon Zelda has... light arrows. Which is Zelda's Final Smash. Hmmm... and before we try to put something in her moveset from Spirit Tracks, we must remember, Spirit Tracks Zelda is an Assist Trophy. So, the Phantom can't be a part of her for sure now. But what people like to include Toon Zelda with is...
Tetra-
I've also seen many people saying Toon Link and Toon Zelda should be clones, but Tetra should be unique. Basically the only argument for this character is their data in Brawl. But let's look back at the names of the data, and see if there's anything odd. So there's a file for Toon Zelda, which is normal, all transformation characters had separate files. And then we look at Tetra's file.... hm... none of these say Tetra... they say TOON SHEIK. That's it, right there. They were going to be added as clones to Zelda and Sheik in Brawl, yet it was scrapped. And in theory, could you imagine a short, not so thin character trying to replicate Sheik's moveset? Zelda/Sheik's moveset is based off the Power/Agility gimmick. They have both sides, and Sheik works that way because she's thin, tall, and... basically a ninja. Pirates aren't ninjas. I just can't see Tetra jumping around like Sheik. And I can't see a Toon Character less significant than Toon Link, NOT be a clone, when Toon Link is one.

Vaati-
He's a villain in 3 Zelda games. Sounds like a worthy acheivement, until you look more in-depth.

Title Sales
(in Millions)
1987 NES Legend of Zelda 6.51
1988 NES Zelda II: Adventure of Link 4.38
1992 SNES The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 4.61
1993 GB The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 3.83
1998 N64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 7.6
1998 GBC The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX 2.22
2000 N64 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3.36
2001 GBC The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons 3.96
2001 GBC The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages 3.96
2002 GBA The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / Four Swords 2.7
2003 GC The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 4.6
2004 GC The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures 0.81
2004 GBA The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap 1.42
2006 Wii / GC The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii: 6.8
GC: 1.59
Total: 8.39
2007 DS The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass 4.96
2007 Wii Link's Crossbow Training 4.8
2009 DS The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

2011 3DS The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 3.1
2011 DS The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
2011 Wii The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 3.69
2013 3DS The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 0.51

There are a few things to notice here. Four Swords Adventures is the only Zelda game (that didn't come out 3 months ago) to not reach 1 million sales. This was the only one of Vaati's appearances made by Nintendo. The other two were made by Capcom. Yep, Capcom. His debut AND his most recent appearance. I added up those 3 sales #s. I got 4.93, which just barely beats the tiny spin-off game: Link's Crossbow Training, and just loses to Phantom Hourglass. Heck, that's only slightly better than half of Twilight Princess's sales. Yikes. The best selling of the 3 is Four Swords, but it didn't even get it's own box, but was shred with a re-release of A LInk to the Past, which is probably what lead to it being the most successful of the 3. Minish Cap is the next worst selling Zelda game. Beat by Zelda II, Link's Awakening DX, the GC version of Twilight Princess, Link's Crossbow Training, and Ocarina of Time 3d. I'm not sure why there's nothing listed for the Anniversary Edition, if anybody knows why it might not have a sale-count, feel free to tell me, but I doubt it sold astoundingly, it was released inbetween the 3d remake of what's considered the best Zelda game of all time, and the new, unique game everybody was hyping about at the time, Skyward Sword, which didn't do as bad as I thought it would, considering the Wii was pretty much DONE by 2010. I mean, like every console, it eventually became old news. However, once again, I have to point out how funny it is, that Link's Crossbow Training beat so many of these. Ok, I just said Ocarina was considered the best, let's look at reviews before I give my conclusion.
NOTE: I used the first source I found for all of these. Look these things up, and this is what you'll find first, I'm sure, like all games there are mixed reviews, but I'm just going to copy and paste the table from Wikipedia.

Aggregate review scores
As of October 5, 2013.
Game GameRankings Metacritic
The Legend of Zelda (NES) 83.87%[102]
(GBA) 79.02%[103] (GBA) 84[104]
The Adventure of Link (NES) 78.14%[105]
(GBA) 68.88%[106] (GBA) 73[107]
A Link to the Past (SNES) 92.87%[108]
(GBA) 91.74%[109] (GBA) 95[110]
Link's Awakening (GBC) 91.21%[111]
(GB) 89.82%[112]
Ocarina of Time (N64) 97.54%[113]
(3DS) 93.96%[114]
(GC) 89.77%[115] (N64) 99[116]
(3DS) 94[117]
(GC) 91[118]
Majora's Mask (N64) 91.95%[119] (N64) 95[120]
Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (Ages) 92.20%[121]
(Seasons) 91.37%[122]
The Wind Waker (GC) 94.43%[123]
(Wii U) 91.10%[124] (GC) 96[125]
(Wii U) 90[126]
Four Swords (NDS) 85.40%[127] (NDS) 85[128]
Four Swords Adventures (GC) 84.51%[129] (GC) 86[130]
The Minish Cap (GBA) 90.36%[131] (GBA) 89[132]
Twilight Princess (GC) 95.00%[133]
(Wii) 94.58%[134] (GC) 96[135]
(Wii) 95[136]
Phantom Hourglass (NDS) 88.82%[137] (NDS) 90[138]
Spirit Tracks (NDS) 87.05%[139] (NDS) 87[140]
Skyward Sword (Wii) 93.25%[141] (Wii) 93[142]
A Link Between Worlds (3DS) 91.50%[143] (3DS) 91[144]

Sorry that the table pasted weird... hm...
Anyways, here we see the popular Zelda games like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker get amazing scores. But handheld Zeldas... not so much. Zelda II, of course, was rated the lowest. Miyamoto said himself it was the game he made that he wished he could have made better (something like that). And then the original (they probably don't factor nostalgia in reviews, so this shouldn't be very surprising). Then Four Swords Adventures. Which, once again, is the one of the 3 that Nintendo made. You can make some other observations with this data. (Minish Cap did pretty well) But overall...

I've been trying to prove these are 3 of the least significant Zelda games. And are only considered popular/ successful if they're compared to a less popular/successful series. All Zelda games get an extra push for having a large amount of fans, but these 3 in particular, don't really hold up with the rest.

Now, maybe you are convinced that these 3 Zelda games weren't that big of a deal. Well, you might have already known this, but Vaati was not playable, not an assist, didn't have a trophy, didn't have a sticker, wasn't a stage hazard... in Brawl. He did not make a single appearance... in Brawl. Now, these 3 Zelda games were released in 2002, 2004, and 2004. Brawl was released in 2008. He had 3 appearance before Brawl and achieved absolutely nothing. Now, all he has is this Anniversary Edition thing. Which I'm guessing is like a remake or some sort of DLC. Now, do you think that this 1 anniversary edition is more of an achievement than 3 full games? I don't. There are many more Zelda titles and remakes Sakurai has to represent this time around. Releases have been coming quicker. I honestly would not be surprised if they completely ignore these games again, and don't even make him a sticker. Considering he's only had a 2d model, a sticker for Vaati would be so easy to make, but i wouldn't count on it happening. Just like all of the unimportant side-character trophies from TP and WW in Brawl (Agitha, Ashei, Aryll, Great Fairy, Medli) we can expect ones mainly from Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks, and Ocarina of Time 3d (Saria is already confirmed, and is the only one confirmed). PLUS, we have Twilight Princess and Wind Waker models returning from Brawl, so all of those trophies will probably return on the Wii U version along with their stages: Bridge of Eldin and Pirate Ship.
That right there is a lot of Zelda representation. There are many games at higher priority. Vaati being a trophy may even be a stretch, I don't think he has a chance of becoming playable just because he holds the title "2nd most important villain of the series".

Tingle- Believe or not, this guy doesn't do as well on Japanese polls as you think. Since he is currently pretty hated in the West, people always just say "he's popular in Japan". I've recently been told that's not so true, however I have no source, so this is not a strong point, sorry.
Tingle's appearances in Zelda games spread across about... 5 years. He came in to the series in 2000, and has been reduced to easter eggs after 2004.
Tingle was in Majora's Mask, he sold you maps and had balloons, cool.
Tingle has a minor appearance in Oracle of Ages. He does two minor things. And is just floating there, the whole time.
Tingle, for the first time, has a major role. in the Wind Waker. This was his only prominent appearance in the Zelda series.
Tingle had a weird, somewhat antagonistic role in Four Swords Adventures. He only appeared in that section. And has his balloon again.
Tingle was in Minish Cap. You can fuse kinstones with him, just like basically every NPC in the game. Then you never have to re-visit him.
These games all came out in 2000-2004. Let's take a look at all of his appearances in the Zelda series after then.
There is a poster with Tingle on it in a Milk Bar in Phantom Hourglass, but he's not physically in the game.
There is a statue in a Castle Town Shop of Tingle in Spirit Tracks, but he's not physically in the game.
There is a doll of Tingle in Skyward Sword in Zelda's Room, which is actually pretty hard to get to, and once again he wasn't physically in the game.
Hmm... this seems like, his role now in Zelda games? Something for you to find, but he doesn't actually appear? This is honestly why I think he has no real future in the Zelda series.
Now, lets talk moveset. Tingle has balloons. That could be his up special, just like Villager. It wouldn't be that interesting since it has already been done, but it would work. Now, all he has left, are maps and charts. I don't think Tingle should run around making that weird noice and start hitting people with maps. HOWEVER, he could receive his own moveset from his own series. Now let's look at Mario. 5 characters.... and 4 characters that started in the Mario series yet progressed to their own series. I believe Yoshi and Tingle have a similar amount of games. I can see Tingle being added, as a Tingle character, not a Zelda character. Let's look at his own series, but first:
Yes, I skipped Wind Waker HD. It's just a remake. And we already received Toon Link for it. I'm not sure Wind Waker HD really helps his chances, but it might've if it did better.
Ok, Tingle series. I've never played a single game, here is what I found.
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland[1] is an action-adventure that was originally released in Japan on September 2, 2006. It was released roughly a year later in Europe. It was never released in North America, possibly because of Tingle's poorer reception in the west and potentially due to having more sexual themes than most Nintendo published games. There was an official poll on whether the game would be released in North America, so release was potentially considered at some point.[2]

Tingle's Balloon Fight DS is a bonus game that has only been made available through Club Nintendo in Japan. It is a Tingle-themed remake of Balloon Fight, a well-known NES game.
The first mode of play is mode A, "1 Player Game", which is the original Balloon Fight mode, in which the player takes control of Tingle to play through ninety-nine arcade-like stages, or 'phases'. After this mode is complete, the phases start over again from phase 00.
The second mode of play is mode B, "2-4 Players Game", which is a multiplayer version of mode A, in which two to four players can partake in the Balloon Fight. The game supports DS Download Play to allow multiplayer play with as little as one cartridge.
The third and final mode of play is mode C, "Balloon Trip", where the player controls Tingle as he navigates a course of obstacles, trying to collect rupees. This mode features a side-scrolling stage. Tingle's Balloon Fight DS features a gallery in the options menu, where twenty pieces of artwork can be unlocked. These are unlocked upon the player gaining high-scores, and completing certain modes of play. Also in the options menu is the option to switch the sound effects and music to the originals from Balloon Fight, and the option to select the amount of lives Tingle has in game mode A, from one to six.

Note that: these both didn't reach the west. And Tingle's balloons are being compared to Balloon Fighter's, which is the design Villager's are based off in Smash Bros.

Too Much Tingle Pack is a Tingle DSiWare app. It includes several applications like a calculator, a little dancing Tingle image, a fortune teller, a timer, and a coin-flipping minigame. The game can be downloaded for 500 Nintendo Points. It is currently only available in Japan, as DSiWare is region-locked.

Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love[1] is a game for the Nintendo DS. It is the third game starring Tingle and shares its visual style with Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Rather than money, as in the previous series installment, this game's theme are women.

Note that: WAIT. WHAT. HE COLLECTS WOMEN?! Hmmm... note that both of these are also Japan-only.

Well, I'm not sure what to say here. I don't think he's as big of a Zelda character as people say. But his creepy Japan only games could make for a hilarious fighter that wouldn't take up the slot I am discussing.

Twinrova- She was a boss in Ocarina of Time. Then, for some reason, a shop owner in Majora's Mask. And did the same thing in both Oracle games. Almost counts as one game and not 2. I don't see many talking about her. I just thought she deserved a mention for being recurring. She'd have a sick moveset. But she can easily be considered pretty obscure. In fact, SonicToast just did a Zelda poll. It had 26 characters, but no Twinrova. If your curious, the top 6 were 1. Ghirahim, 2. Midna, 3. Toon Zelda, 4. Navi, 5. Wolf Link, 6. Young Link. It's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like Vaati got about 10th, Tingle got about 13th, and Impa got around 18th. (Some of this is assumption based off what the ranking were when I voted 5 days before it closed, so it may not be fully accurate, but I doubt anybody had any major changes, it seemed pretty spread out.)

EDIT: Hooray! My longest message is my 100th! Time to celebrate by continuing to always do nothing!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I mean hey this list will NEVER happen, but it is my most wanted list. Wutcha think?

Some Character Facts
Paper Mario - light, average power. a little slower

Bowser Jr. - light, average power, average speed

King Boo - heavy/floaty, average power, slow

Shadow - average weight, average strength, a little faster

Masked Link - light, average power, average speed

Ganon - heavy, strong, slow

Vaati - light/floaty, average power, a little faster

Toon Zelda/Tetra - light, strong, slow : light, weak, fast

Palutena - average weight/3 jump, strong, slow

Dark Samus - average weight/floaty, average power, a little faster

Ridley - heavy/6 jump, strong, average speed

Raichu - heavy, strong, average speed

Jeff - light, strong, average speed

Paula - light/floaty, strong, a little slower

Jeff - average weight, average strength, a little faster

Krystal - average weight, weak, fast

Slippy - average weight/3 jump, weak, a little faster

Chrom - average weight, average strength, a little faster

Lloyd - average weight, average strength, average speed

Isaac - average weight, average strength, average speed
Some Character Changes
Ganondorf - heavy, strong, a little slower > has a sword and magic that he ACTUALLY uses.

Luigi - has vacuum that acts as a reverse version of Mario's flood.

Link - average weight, average strength, average speed

Samus - power beam is actually power beam, jumps are a weak screw attack, up-b is power jump (red super sayan looking thing from metroid fusion) it can go any direction.

Roy/Mewtwo - isn't bad
I see you really like earthbound.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I've always found it interesting how Tingle's games are so Japanese oriented. He's definitely a more welcomed face there than in the Americurs. Wadda shame.

Good thing it's the Japanese who call the shots in regards to the roster. :troll:

andimidna

Smash Master
XD oh man i'll read this in a bit.

So just LOZ characters? thought you'd like more characters then that :p
When you read it, you'll see it's arguments against the characters, not FOR them. I don't only want Zelda characters but it is my favorite series and I'm glad to see it's at least getting a lot of stages.

And to anybody else that reads that giant message: The point of my post is to show these so called "important" characters, aren't 100% better choices than some popular characters that have only been in one game. AKA Ghirahim and Midna. Unimportance is the only argument against them, so I decided to try a full argument against the characters I've been hearing considered over them.
I don't say much for these characters, just agaist the others. However I do give reviews and sales and a poll that shows they are popular, and that people actually still want Young Link to return. I hope people realize the rage that would occur in the removal of Sheik. She may be a one time character, but she deserves to be in every future Smash Bros game. I think this shows the door isn't really closed for characters like Ghirahim and Midna. Thoughts?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
When you read it, you'll see it's arguments against the characters, not FOR them. I don't only want Zelda characters but it is my favorite series and I'm glad to see it's at least getting a lot of stages.

And to anybody else that reads that giant message: The point of my post is to show these so called "important" characters, aren't 100% better choices than some popular characters that have only been in one game. AKA Ghirahim and Midna. Unimportance is the only argument against them, so I decided to try a full argument against the characters I've been hearing considered over them.
I don't say much for these characters, just agaist the others. However I do give reviews and sales and a poll that shows they are popular, and that people actually still want Young Link to return. I hope people realize the rage that would occur in the removal of Sheik. She may be a one time character, but she deserves to be in every future Smash Bros game. I think this shows the door isn't really closed for characters like Ghirahim and Midna. Thoughts?
Oh against? nvm then.

andimidna

Smash Master
I've always found it interesting how Tingle's games are so Japanese oriented. He's definitely a more welcomed face there than in the Americurs. Wadda shame.

Good thing it's the Japanese who call the shots in regards to the roster. :troll:
It all comes down to Sakurai. But, Nintendo did just say (like a week ago) that they would be more successful if they tried to understand the West and how things sell in the West better. I don't think the Americurs are completely cut-out of consideration for many decisions Nintendo makes.

Zelda games don't sell that well in Japan. Those sales and percentages are coming mostly from the West.
He's one of the least popular Zelda characters here and apparently doesn't do that great on Japanese polls either.
His series is Japan only with the exception of one game that reached Europe. I think it's safe to assume these games didn't do better than Four Swords Adventures. And for new Japan-only series, he has Takamaru and Lip in his way.

The only characters (that I've been told) that do equally well on American and Japanese polls, are Vaati and Midna. There may be more, but these are the only two that I have been told follow this. The recent poll I was talking about was made by an American. Vaati hadn't reached 100 when I voted, but Midna had already reached 5000, so idk how truthful this is. I also don't know where to find Japanese polls.

andimidna

Smash Master

Pic of the day. When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

I honestly hoped they'd just remove ST Link altogether and replace him with somebody like Linebeck. But I like this more. This means that only if Toon Link is being played as on the train, ST Link will be replaced by Alfonzo. We won't have to worry about multiple Links looking alike on a stage, to prove this, they even add in Adult Link to the picture, showing how different their designs are. Confusion has been avoided. :) Something to notice: Alfonzo appears to have an outline, but it's so choppy. It's hard to tell if he actually has one. I find it obvious those Palutena pictures weren't of an assist, but I thought I'd just bring it up. This could probably relate to that debate: fake vs real. But I can't tell what side this is good for... hm...

Edit: The daily pic link should not be used, as the image changes with each update.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
My updated version of:

Super Smash Toad! Play as all your favourite generic, undistinguishable inhabitants of the Mushroom Kingdom!

No Captain Toad, No Bank Toad, No Mail Toad, No The Master, No Toadsworth the Younger, No Gaz with Geno doll, No Prince Mush, No Jolene, No Zess T., No Starshroom Bros., No Dryite...

Get on my Toad level Shr00b.

I got a question for everyone. If you could have any character in SSB4, who would it be? You can pick anyone, doesn't matter if it's from a video game, movie, tv show, or even a real person. My choice would be Banjo-Kazooie. If it wasn't for Microsoft, we might have had them in Brawl and possibly a 2nd rep in SSB4. If they ever got in somehow, this would be my reaction:
Look at my name and it should be obvious.

That's right.

And(y) from Advance Wars.
And(y) from Toy Story also acceptable

I mean hey this list will NEVER happen, but it is my most wanted list. Wutcha think?
King Boo I still don't get why people think he can work. He floats and is technically immune to all physical hits. Is he a Luigi's Mansion rep in this version or part of the Mario crew? Paper and Jr. are popular Mario characters, so I get them.

Although possibly 8 Mario characters and no new DK character seems strange; consider cutting one for either Dixie or K. Rool.

Shadow the Hedgehog is an instant roster killer for me. Even if the rest had my favourites on Shadow instantly outweighs this and makes it terrible again. Sorry, but that is one of the few absolute bias I personally have. Others may disagree, but most will wonder why Sonic has a second rep at all.

Three Links is overkill. I like Vaati since he's the only newcomer there that isn't another rendition of the Triforce trio.

Raichu seems like a pointless addition. A more powerful Pikachu doesn't seem worth the inclusion.

Jeff, Paula and Poo but no Lucas? I'm not a fan of Lucas, but I think he's probably more deserving than the entire main cast of Earthbound, particularly since Ness already stole Paula's moves.

Lloyd eh? Any reason why Lloyd as the third third party?

Pic of the day. When Toon Link joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the train. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
Glad to see the mystery of why Toon Link was never seen on the Spirit Tracks Stage had a satisfying conclusion and wasn't just coincidence.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Toon Link no longer driving the train? Not really anything interesting, but oh well.
Edit: Did I just see Pauline get brought up? Oh god...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So does this mean that when you play as Ridley on Pyrosphere, Kraid becomes the stage hazard? :troll:
Pic of the day. When Ridley joins the battle, Kraid is in charge of the Pyrosphere. Kraid: "Leave it to me!"

I can see this becoming a meme.....

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pic of the day. When Toad joins the battle, Toadsworth shields Peach from harm. Toadsworth: "Leave it to me!"

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Pic of the day: When Viridi joins the battle, etc etc etc.

Yeah, this is Smashboards new meme.

Glad to see this may give the Ridley fans some secondary hope should he turn up as a stage hazard.

Of course you realise this is going to be used for everything now;

Bandana Dee gets tossed in the Waddle Dee throw?
Pic of the day. When Bandana Dee joins the battle, Sailor Dee takes over. Sailor Dee: "Leave it to me!"

Isaac as an assist trophy?
Pic of the day. When Isaac joins the battle, Matthew takes over from his father as an AT. Matthew: "Leave it to me!"

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I can see this becoming a meme.....
Pic of the day. When toad joins the battle, Toadsworth become Peach's special move. "Leave it to me!"

:troll:

Edit:
Pic of the day. When Toad joins the battle, Toadsworth shields Peach from harm. Toadsworth: "Leave it to me!"

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This pic of the day completely relieved my worries about any character that's not deconfirmed by AT or Pokeball. :lick:
I can't wait to find out Charizard is not only in Trainer's moveset, but also a Pokeball and in the background now.

Alright, guess I can go back to championing Toad again.

Like a deconfirmation would stop me anyway

?????????????

Smash Master
It's kind of a cool touch, but isn't it also kind of...well, dumb and unnecessary? I mean, it's already possible to have four of the the same character fighting eachother all at once, so what's the point?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's kind of a cool touch, but isn't it also kind of...well, dumb and unnecessary? I mean, it's already possible to have four of the the same character fighting eachother all at once, so what's the point?
Yeah while it is a pretty interesting touch, it wasn't really something they had to necessarily do, as both Toon Link and Conductor Link looked different enough from each other aesthetically anyway, nor were they the same person really but ah well. Kinda hope this hints to the Conductor outfit as an alt for Toon Link though....

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It's not even the same Link. And it wouldn't cause any confusion either, since he's wearing the conductor outfit (and looks more DS-like anyway).

Now desperate people are going to use this as an excuse when their character gets deconfirmed. I get annoyed just thinking about it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pic of the day. When Viridi joins the battle, Hades takes over in the background. Hades: "Leave it to me cupcake, oh hi Pitty Pat."

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's not even the same Link. And it wouldn't cause any confusion either, since he's wearing the conductor outfit (and looks more DS-like anyway).

Now desperate people are going to use this as an excuse when their character gets deconfirmed. I get annoyed just thinking about it.
It kinda is a bad thing at the same time, because they will never be 100% deconfirmed unless Sakurai states so. :urg:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I see you really like earthbound.
lol yes. At the very least I would like to see Ness get moves that he actually uses in Earthbound (no thunder or fire). I mean he has stufff like PSI Teleport. That sound like an up B to me. Why did they even give him thunder?

King Boo I still don't get why people think he can work. He floats and is technically immune to all physical hits. Is he a Luigi's Mansion rep in this version or part of the Mario crew? Paper and Jr. are popular Mario characters, so I get them.

Although possibly 8 Mario characters and no new DK character seems strange; consider cutting one for either Dixie or K. Rool.

Shadow the Hedgehog is an instant roster killer for me. Even if the rest had my favourites on Shadow instantly outweighs this and makes it terrible again. Sorry, but that is one of the few absolute bias I personally have. Others may disagree, but most will wonder why Sonic has a second rep at all.

Three Links is overkill. I like Vaati since he's the only newcomer there that isn't another rendition of the Triforce trio.

Raichu seems like a pointless addition. A more powerful Pikachu doesn't seem worth the inclusion.

Jeff, Paula and Poo but no Lucas? I'm not a fan of Lucas, but I think he's probably more deserving than the entire main cast of Earthbound, particularly since Ness already stole Paula's moves.

Lloyd eh? Any reason why Lloyd as the third third party?
Yeah I know none of this would happen, but I want Luigi to be separate from Mario seeing as Mario almost NEVER includes him on his exciting adventures and decides instead to leave him to watch the house. I think Luigi should say F that I was in smash 64, I have my own game, I can have my own villain. So I wouldn't count him or Boo as a Mario rep. Also I would put in a DK character, its just that I've never played a DK game fully so I personally could care less as long as Diddy is there.

Shadow is just there because I like him A LOT better than Sonic. No other reason.

3 links might be overkill, but if you noticed I aligned the Zelda and Mario slots up so I put in Masked Link (who would be dope BTW) for paper mario.

I put Raichu for the lols

3 Earthbounds cuz it will never happen, but it's my list so I can do what I want!

Lloyd not really sure why I chose him over some other great characters, but none the less I think he would fit in very well.

D

Deleted member

Pic of the day. When Pokemon Trainer joins the battle, the Professor Oak takes his place on the background giving him orders. "Leave it to me!"
:troll:

(Man that today's caption is something)

Because more than 4 of the same characters isn't feasible in Sakurai's mind.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Let's just say whoever is part of a Pokeball, AT, or part of a move, they are officially 100% deconfirmed. If they are on the background or stage hazard, they are not 100% deconfirmed. But let's see what happens. :skull:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nothing is 100% confirmed or deconfirmed unless Sakurai says something about it on Miiverse.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
The problem with your arguments is that they're only against characters. The more important not having a chance doesn't mean the unimportant ones has, it just increase the chance of getting nothing.
Both Midna and Ghirahim only has popularity and moveset potential going for them. We haven't got any character in smash yet that don't have "Importance". Majora/Skull Kid also had popularity and moveset potential and look what happened to him.
And using Sheik as an argument for one-time characters is bad. Sheik is obviously not in as her own thing, do you think she would have any chance if she weren't a part of Zelda?

I have some nitpicks, but most of it I either agree with or is is just opinions that has little to do with predicting.
It's what makes Zelda unique.
It's pretty obvious that Zelda would be pretty unique even without the transformation.
Spirit Tracks Zelda is an Assist Trophy.
Even if AT is the most likely we're still not entirely sure it's not a part of Zelda. But either way it doesn't help Toon Zelda's chances.
Vaati was not playable, not an assist, didn't have a trophy, didn't have a sticker, wasn't a stage hazard... in Brawl.
while him not having sticker is strange, all trophies where ripped from other games so him not having one isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom