• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
not to mention the fact that he is the most iconic pokemon ever
Pretty much, if anyone thinks of Pokémon Pikachu's the one (or at least one of them) that come immediately to mind. There is no other character that matches him in terms of that recognition.

Btw, welcome to the boards!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I got a question for everyone. If you could have any character in SSB4, who would it be? You can pick anyone, doesn't matter if it's from a video game, movie, tv show, or even a real person. My choice would be Banjo-Kazooie. If it wasn't for Microsoft, we might have had them in Brawl and possibly a 2nd rep in SSB4. If they ever got in somehow, this would be my reaction:
Probably King K. Rool.
Would it be a waste since he's likely anyway? Sure, but you can never be too careful.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Pretty much, if anyone thinks of Pokémon Pikachu's the one (or at least one of them) that come immediately to mind. There is no other character that matches him in terms of that recognition.

Btw, welcome to the boards!
People I know knew of Ash before Pikachu.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I got a question for everyone. If you could have any character in SSB4, who would it be? You can pick anyone, doesn't matter if it's from a video game, movie, tv show, or even a real person. My choice would be Banjo-Kazooie. If it wasn't for Microsoft, we might have had them in Brawl and possibly a 2nd rep in SSB4. If they ever got in somehow, this would be my reaction:
Motherfiretruckin' Waluigi.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lyn

then maybe phoenix wright and amaterasu. But lyn isn't secure so.... yeah lyn.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I got a question for everyone. If you could have any character in SSB4, who would it be? You can pick anyone, doesn't matter if it's from a video game, movie, tv show, or even a real person.
Mr.Hercule Satan, he's my all time favorite DBZ character, and I'm a huge fan of DBZ, so he works out just perfectly.

Reznor

work in progress
Scrooge McDuck

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Eh...
But Palutena makes more sense as a playable character.
Note how she is not attacking Mario or anything of the sort, just standing still.[/quote]

Exactly,it could be like Pit's Final Smash from Brawl,as she summons her army,she could just stand still as her army attacks.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Pichu

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Naoto Shirogane.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Eh...
But Palutena makes more sense as a playable character.
Note how she is not attacking Mario or anything of the sort, just standing still.
Exactly,it could be like Pit's Final Smash from Brawl,as she summons her army,she could just stand still as her army attacks.[/quote]
She is in the background in Pit's Final Smash, not on the stage.
So probably not.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Then who might that character be?
King K.Rool - Tropical Freeze or Waluigi - WarioWare series shown to continue

Exactly,it could be like Pit's Final Smash from Brawl,as she summons her army,she could just stand still as her army attacks.
She is in the background in Pit's Final Smash, not on the stage.
So probably not.
My money's on assist. Just IMO

Edit : Much Double Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I can't wait for paultena to be revealed, I wanna hear an awesome KI remix for her reveal.

and like you said it'll probably be this one.
I've already got a nice intro in my mind. Involving Pikmin. :demon:

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Here's something cool that was recently discovered last year I thought I'd share. US/Europe did see a Panel de Pon game kinda released in it's unaltered form though Pokemon Puzzle Challenge on the GBC. The awesome folks at tcrf.net discovered remnants from when the game was Panel de Pon GB and this led to the discovery that a prototype of Panel de Pon GB is fully playable via a password at the title screen on a GBC/GBA or at the GBC only screen on a regular GB/SuperGB:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, something isn't right if you were able to get your hands on a 3DS with Palutena as a playable character and you DIDN'T take a picture of her attacking or doing something.

Hell, something isn't right if someone actually got their hands on unreleased footage or photos of Super Smash Bros. in the first place.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If a character provides something new to the table, they could become a playable character. Palutena provides her light powers as a goddess, which indeed is unique. Pretty simple really.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, something isn't right if you were able to get your hands on a 3DS with Palutena as a playable character and you DIDN'T take a picture of her attacking or doing something.

Hell, something isn't right if someone actually got their hands on unreleased footage or photos in the first place.
This backup,I like it.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Hell, something isn't right if someone actually got their hands on unreleased footage or photos in the first place.
After all, Sakurai ALWAYS has characters doing a thing. :troll:
Still, it's still VERY up in the air.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here's something cool that was recently discovered last year I thought I'd share. US/Europe did see a Panel de Pon game kinda released in it's unaltered form though Pokemon Puzzle Challenge on the GBC. The awesome folks at tcrf.net discovered remnants from when the game was Panel de Pon GB and this led to the discovery that a prototype of Panel de Pon GB is fully playable via a password at the title screen on a GBC/GBA or at the GBC only screen on a regular GB/SuperGB:
Oh, wow...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of Lip,why are her ears pointy? Is she somehow Hylian?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Hell, something isn't right if someone actually got their hands on unreleased footage or photos of Super Smash Bros. in the first place.
I'd sure they'd love you over at the rumors and leaks thread.

Speaking of Lip,why are her ears pointy? Is she somehow Hylian?
silly pokemon, she's an elf fairy.... thing.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's pretty damn cool, I wish Panel de pin released in America, but fairies would probably be not the right target for consumers. :(

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice

Both these points can be easily explained if the Palutena leak is indeed legit. Either:
A) The leaker got a hold of some pictures meant for the site, press, or "pic of the day" and displayed them on their 3DS or
B) Nintendo created the "leak" to generate hype.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Both these points can be easily explained if the Palutena leak is indeed legit. Either:
A) The leaker got a hold of some pictures meant for the site, press, or "pic of the day" and displayed them on their 3DS or
B) Nintendo created the "leak" to generate hype.
For the record, the two images are a little bland for POTDs, but I could see the first as a size-comparison one I suppose.
The other would be a pic on the Palutena page.
Making the leak is not out of the question considering that we got a Viridi pic today.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll be watching and laughing the unbelievers if the exact same screenshots of Palutena happen to show up in the Smash website.
But what if we were correct? Would we laugh at you for trusting internet pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom