• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Louie G. Louie G.

I'm willing to bet that there are more X & Y trailers with Pokemon Trainer and that Ash is arguably just as much if not more of a main character in the new movie than Mewtwo. And again, there is "Origins".
Well, putting the Mewtwo battle in the trailer would be a spoiler, wouldn't it? :p
And Mewtwo appeared in Origins as well, although not as much as Red.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If it was decided, why was there unfinished data for those three characters plus some new characters?
Decided =/= Developed

He said that the roster was finished before Sonic was added, if it was finished then those characters would have been on the roster right?
The roster was finished AT THE TIME, but then changes were made which made it unfinished

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sakurai says that it kills him to cut characters, but if he has to he apologizes in advance. Something to that effect.
He also hasn't planned to make any cuts. Whereas with Brawl, he already planned to cut Pichu and Young Link. Cuts are pretty much only going to happen if development time runs out.

So the only question left is: Which characters are the lowest priority to complete?

andimidna

Smash Master
My List

-Takamaru
-Little Mac
-Lip
-Lucina
-Dixie Kong
-King K Rool
-Krystal
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Bandanna Waddle Dee
-Shulk
-Tingle
That wasn't most wanted btw, it was what I'm expecting.
I'm hoping for a Chrom and Lucina duo, for our first sword team character.
I love Lip, and almost put her on my expecting list... but I don't know her likelihood, I've never seen how she does on polls or how her games sell, so I just can't say.
I'd love K Rool, but I'm not going to say I'm expecting it.
I think Bandana Dee is next in line for Kirby, the question is if Kirby will be getting a 4th.
Personally, I can't stand Tingle. And barf a little every time I see him, no offense to anybody that likes him though.
And we agree on the rest. Oh, you put Krystal. Like Lip, she's another character on my personal top 10 wants, but I have no clue on the likelihood.
Overall I think these are 11 great characters and Tingle >:3

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Decided =/= Developed

The roster was finished AT THE TIME, but then changes were made which made it unfinished
If you think the roster wasn't finished, but they had decided on who was going to be on it, besides Sonic, then why was there unfinished data of the characters?

If he had already decided "these characters are in and these characters are out" then he's not going to start working on characters that he decided aren't going to be in now is he?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If you think the roster wasn't finished, but they had decided on who was going to be on it, besides Sonic, then why was there unfinished data of the characters?

If he had already decided "these characters are in and these characters are out" then he's not going to start working on characters that he decided aren't going to be in now is he?
I seriously don't think you read what I said.

Reznor

work in progress
Alright, I'll go for this. What makes you think he jumped from low priority to one of the first ones finished?
1. Toon Link has more fans now (like a ton more)
2. has been in more games and got a Wii U remake for one of his games
3. probably easy to program
4. an easy excuse for an extra Zelda rep :smirk:

you gotta remember man Sakurai's thoughts change he said he wouldn't put a Animal Crossing character in because "something about there being no fighting in the game" but now we have one

andimidna

Smash Master
The thing is... if PK trainer gets cut who will replace him as a Pokémon rep? Charizard will be the most likely, if not maybe Zoroark or Blaziken?
The problem with the trainer is that he takes three slots, way too much in comparison to how much people will use him (which ironically usually most of the people who used him was because of Charizard itself).

>Pokémon Trainer a better Pokémon representation than Pikachu.
>The mascot.
>The same mouse who skyrocket even further the popularity of the franchise thanks to the anime.

Legit.
Pokemon Trainer: The character you play as. (Not called Red because it's supposed to represent the aspect, not the one character)
Pikachu: The most popular of what is now 700+ collectable helpers.
The Anime: I've never seen the anime.

Sorry if my wording is off, I haven't been Englishing very well lately. Can't sleep. Won't sleep.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I seriously don't think you read what I said.
And I don't think you read what I said or what he said.

1. Toon Link has more fans now (like a ton more)
2. has been in more games and got a Wii U remake for one of his games
3. probably easy to program
4. an easy excuse for an extra Zelda rep :smirk:

you gotta remember man Sakurai's thoughts change he said he wouldn't put a Animal Crossing character in because "something about there being no fighting in the game" but now we have one
1. Not entirely relevant, only a few characters get in on demands or requests, and I doubt many people were shouting for Toon Link.
2. Plenty of character only have a few games, the number of games isn't that relevant either.
3. I'd think the harder to program characters would be higher priority, since he could shove the easier ones in after everyone else is done.
4. Also completely irrelevant.

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't think that. If Demise replaced Ganondorf it would be because the Zelda characters took their Skyward Sword designs, which Ganondorf doesn't appear in. However, that is not the case.

If Ganon were replaced because of SS, it would be for Ghirahim, but I find that highly unlikely.
Lately I've been thinking Ghirahim is actually much more likely than most people think. The "more important characters" have better reasons to not be included than "one-time character", especially because, as we all know, one-time Zelda characters have already gotten into Smash. And importance isn't top-priority this time around. I have individual reasons for specific characters... but I don't to piss everybody off.

Reznor

work in progress
And I don't think you read what I said or what he said.

1. Not entirely relevant, only a few characters get in on demands or requests, and I doubt many people were shouting for Toon Link.
2. Plenty of character only have a few games, the number of games isn't that relevant either.
3. I'd think the harder to program characters would be higher priority, since he could shove the easier ones in after everyone else is done.
4. Also completely irrelevant.
1. TL is popular and a main Zelda character there was no need to shout for him (we didn't need to demand Mario but we got him)
2. his games are popular
3. or he is probably focusing on the popular ones first but of course we don't know how he is programing the game so both our comments mean nothing
4. why :glare:

you ignored the last thing I posted
like I said Sakurai doesn't follow a pattern his thoughts can change (HES HUMAN :coolmonke:) we saw that with Animal Corssing

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
That would be cutting Pikachu.
You know it's true. Pokémon Trainer is far more expendable than Pikachu, or even Jiggs and probably Mewtwo, given that he returns.
It's not like PT can't STILL come back: he could control Charizard from the background.
POKEMON TRAINER AND CAHRIZARD.
I think Pikachu is only really important because of the anime, if it weren't for that Pikachu would be considered pointless, like Jigglypuff. However, Pokemon Trainer actually is the playable character, the main character, the one who will always be important despite if the anime lives on or not.

EDIT:HOLY MAGIKARP! My 2000 post! May many more post supporting Vaati continue on with me.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lately I've been thinking Ghirahim is actually much more likely than most people think. The "more important characters" have better reasons to not be included than "one-time character", especially because, as we all know, one-time Zelda characters have already gotten into Smash. And importance isn't top-priority this time around. I have individual reasons for specific characters... but I don't to piss everybody off.
State your reasons for your specific characters, your new so i don't know how you tick, i'd like to know.

And no I won't get pissed off.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Pikachu is only really important because of the anime, if it weren't for that Pikachu would be considered pointless, like Jigglypuff. However, Pokemon Trainer actually is the playable character, the main character, the one who will always be important despite if the anime lives on or not.
Well, Pikachu would've never had a role in the anime if they hadn't already decided Pikachu was going to be the mascot.

But the anime is a huge part of the series's success overall, not just specific Pokemon.

I don't think many people realize that.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So...erm, just throwing this out there, but does anyone think we could possibly get some Metal Gear Rising music in Smash Bros if Snake comes back? Because I'd really love some of these songs in the game. Call me a lover of rock and metal, but this music is just bloody fantastic.

Tell me you wouldn't love to battle out to music like this? If we get music like this, Xenoblade's got some serious competition.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
EDIT:HOLY MAGIKARP! My 2000 post! May many more post supporting Vaati continue on with me.
Happy 2000, Piccolo.

So...erm, just throwing this out there, but does anyone think we could possibly get some Metal Gear Rising music in Smash Bros if Snake comes back? Because I'd really love some of these songs in the game. Call me a lover of rock and metal, but this music is just bloody fantastic.

Tell me you wouldn't love to battle out to music like this? If we get music like this, Xenoblade's got some serious competition.

MAN, how late are you to discovering this game's badass soundtrack?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Pikachu does owe some of its acclaim to the anime, but as mentioned before it was picked to be the mascot and even ignoring that so do many other Pokémon and even the franchise itself. Regardless though, even though it started in the anime, it still has its own games (Poképark, Hey You Pikachu, etc.) and major appearances in other spinoffs (Mystery Dungeon, etc.) so it's probably more important to the franchise as a whole.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
1. TL is popular and a main Zelda character there was no need to shout for him (we didn't need to demand Mario but we got him)
2. his games are popular
3. or he is probably focusing on the popular ones first but of course we don't know how he is programing the game so both our comments mean nothing
4. why :glare:

you ignored the last thing I posted
like I said Sakurai doesn't follow a pattern his thoughts can change (HES HUMAN :coolmonke:) we saw that with Animal Corssing
Did you compare Toon Link to Nintendo's Mascot?

Focusing on the popular ones first? Everyone wanted Wii Fit Trainer right?

Of course he can change his mind, but why would he finish a clone character before most of the roster?

Sonic, Meta Knight, Olimar, Wolf, Wario...

They all had other reasons, sure, but they were all very popular choices.
And you think Toon Link is anywhere near them in popularity?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Happy 2000, Piccolo.

MAN, how late are you to discovering this game's badass soundtrack?
Well let me put it this way, I was SUPER psyched for the game when it was first revealed back in 2010, but seeing how it fell off the map for a few years made me almost forget about it, to the point where I didn't pick it up when it released, but a friend of mine today at college said to check up on the awesome Battle against Metal Gear Ray (Which has a serious Bayonetta feel to it I might add, that Clocktower run was bad@$$) and I just fell in love. In the past few hours, I've downloaded the entire soundtrack and ordered a copy from Amazon, I want this game..

Also, my personal favorite song in the game:

This guy was Psycho Mantis on steroids, and it was ****ing fantastic. :p

Reznor

work in progress

Focusing on the popular ones first? Everyone wanted Wii Fit Trainer right?

Of course he can change his mind, but why would he finish a clone character before most of the roster?

And you think Toon Link is anywhere near them in popularity?
the characters in the videos might not be done yet maybe he is just showing off some of their completed moves and stuff

yes I did but if you don't like that example then here is a new one
Captain Falcon that is all

Mr. Monday

Smash Rookie
Pikachu does owe some of its acclaim to the anime, but as mentioned before it was picked to be the mascot and even ignoring that so do many other Pokémon and even the franchise itself. Regardless though, even though it started in the anime, it still has its own games (Poképark, Hey You Pikachu, etc.) and major appearances in other spinoffs (Mystery Dungeon, etc.) so it's probably more important to the franchise as a whole.
not to mention the fact that he is the most iconic pokemon ever

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of too big, I was asleep, I wasn't around to see the hype explosion when the new POTD came out.

Edit: Do not use the daily pic link, as the image from that link changes with each update. Please use a permanent link instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
I got a question for everyone. If you could have any character in SSB4, who would it be? You can pick anyone, doesn't matter if it's from a video game, movie, tv show, or even a real person. My choice would be Banjo-Kazooie. If it wasn't for Microsoft, we might have had them in Brawl and possibly a 2nd rep in SSB4. If they ever got in somehow, this would be my reaction:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I got a question for everyone. If you could have any character in SSB4, who would it be? You can pick anyone, doesn't matter if it's from a video game, movie, tv show, or even a real person. My choice would be Banjo-Kazooie. If it wasn't for Microsoft, we might have had them in Brawl and possibly a 2nd rep in SSB4. If they ever got in somehow, this would be my reaction:
Just Goku, that is all.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ghirahim. Out of every character I could think of, if I got to choose anybody, I'd be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom