• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Its sorta hard for me to say who will get removed, but I kinda see Pokemon Trainer in the danger zone.

Now I'm sure everyone loves Gen 1 Pokemon (Especially Japan) but I imagine that since Sakurai doesn't have time to bring everyone back and adding characters isn't simple, I imagine Charizard will be the only returning Pokemon

I'm probably going to get flak for this but I don't see Wolf returning. But I'm sure Sakurai will keep him
PT- Yeah, if we DID lose PT, we'd likely keep Charizard. He didn't get two megas for nothing.
Wolf- Trust me, you'll get flak.

Morbi

Scavenger
They are both direct quotes, he said that no cuts have been made and also said that they could happen. However you care to see it, it's entirely possible it could go either way. I'm just putting more faith into the fact that he has a much larger team and he already revealed Toon Link. You'd think Toon Link would be one of, if not the very first on the chopping block if he was making cuts right? There was also that quote where he said he really hated cuts. He could be done with the entire roster and is just touching up the characters here and there for balance, he's already shown off trophies, which probably wouldn't take priority until the rest of the game is already mostly finished. Also, like I mentioned with Sonic, he isn't under any time constraints other than the self-imposed "sometime in 2014." I don't think he'll cut anyone unless he has to, which seems not to be the case this time.
No I wouldn't think that, I was one of his only defenders on Smashboards (this is in regards to Toon Link). He made an objective statement in my quote, so I am leaving it at that. Believe what you will, I find, once you put faith in something, if it truly needs faith in order for you to follow the perspective, that it isn't a good one. But hey, that is just my opinion.

andimidna

Smash Master
Here's my updated version of Super Bash Sisters!

I don't know who Adeline or Dyna Blade are but they were the 2 most popular Kirby Characters. I don't know who Barbara is either, and can Dark Samus be counted as female? Also, stop spamming OMYGOSHSHYGUYISNTFEMALE comments. Shy Guys can be male or female. Also, what other Yoshi character could I have chosen? Baby Peach? And before you say it, Birdo isn't a Yoshi character. Birdo has not been in a single Yoshi game. Now that that's over and done with, I hope you like my roster!

Note: Remember to thank Palutena for the name.....
It's perfect.

Can't wait to play as Shy Girl

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Also remember that the only character ever purposely cut from Smash was Pichu and the only one purposely replaced was Young Link. Roy, Mewtwo, and even Dr. Mario were all planned for Brawl until Sonic happened, aka "complications arising." I highly doubt there will be another Sonic situation this time.
No, you're getting it wrong, Sonic was added to a roster that was already finished, if anything they probably considered adding Roy, Mewtwo, T. Zelda etc. while they were making Sonic and since they didn't want to delay the game even more they scrapped the idea for the moment.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't know how I would feel if Pokémon Trainer got cut.
On one side, he's an interesting character and completely embodies Pokémon and what it's all about.
On another, if it means more characters I may be okay with it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pokemon Trainer is pretty boring if you ask me. :/
It's literally switching between 3 somewhat generic Pokemon fighters.
(Except maybe Ivysaur, he was pretty unique with the grass type moves)

andimidna

Smash Master
He DID state that there will be less characters than Brawl. Either that or my imagination has ****ed up once more.

I hate when people try to tell me we're getting like 30 characters total. BS. Everybody added in Brawl has a reason to return. Only 4 newcomers would look very lazy when there is no story mode with cutscenes. What would they have been doing this whole time? Designing trophies? Making target smash stages? I don't think so. This game should have a good amount of what is ultimately going to hype people up to buying it.

I know why you'd think that though, multiple people spread that nonsense. The thing is, Sakurai isn't the one that said it, some weird fan that wants to watch the world burn did.

D

Deleted member

Reason I see Wolf going: No, he likely will not be replaced with anyone but I imagine Falco has the bigger popularity and Sakurai might even de-clone him, Wolf on the other hand is probably going to be removed so he can make room for a newcomer or veteran since Starfox has been off Nintendo's radar lately, even if he was more unique than Falco.

Either way, 3 SF characters to me are unlikely at this point

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The characters themselves were exciting. The mechanic seemed to have bogged them down. Plus the mechanic was already used for Zelda. But Sakurai likes his mechanics, so fear not.

Even if Pokemon Trainer is dismantled I am sure Charizard would return and possibly the other two.

The Pokemon Mechanic should be an option in Stock battles so you could have a team of different characters.

andimidna

Smash Master
We're talking about Pokemon Trainer getting cut?
I highly doubt it'll happen, it's pretty much like cutting Link or Mario.
I agree that Pokemon Trainer is actually better representation of Pokemon, over Pikachu. And with Pokemon being the 3rd in Nintendo's big 3, I've got to say, I've never thought of it this way, but it makes sense.

andimidna

Smash Master
I honestly think characters like Waluigi and Tingle would be the best possible inclusions in Smash Bros. because of how non-fighting oriented they are. That's one of the reasons why I've learned to love Rosalina's inclusion.

But seriously, Waluigi with a piranha plant/bob-omb/dance moves-based moveset would be amazing.

Oh god, please no. Anybody but Waluigi and Tingle. I'd take Birdo and Navi over them...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We're talking about Pokemon Trainer getting cut?
I highly doubt it'll happen, it's pretty much like cutting Link or Mario.
That would be cutting Pikachu.
You know it's true. Pokémon Trainer is far more expendable than Pikachu, or even Jiggs and probably Mewtwo, given that he returns.
It's not like PT can't STILL come back: he could control Charizard from the background.
POKEMON TRAINER AND CAHRIZARD.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
The thing is... if PK trainer gets cut who will replace him as a Pokémon rep? Charizard will be the most likely, if not maybe Zoroark or Blaziken?
The problem with the trainer is that he takes three slots, way too much in comparison to how much people will use him (which ironically usually most of the people who used him was because of Charizard itself).

I agree that Pokemon Trainer is actually better representation of Pokemon, over Pikachu. And with Pokemon being the 3rd in Nintendo's big 3, I've got to say, I've never thought of it this way, but it makes sense.
>Pokémon Trainer a better Pokémon representation than Pikachu.
>The mascot.
>The same mouse who skyrocket even further the popularity of the franchise thanks to the anime.

Legit.

D

Deleted member

One thing that is confusing to me is the people thinking Ganondorf will be removed and replaced with someone like Demise or Ghiraham. Isn't Ganondorf a very well known Zelda villain and character? Whos to say he won't show up in Zelda U?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That would be cutting Pikachu.
You know it's true. Pokémon Trainer is far more expendable than Pikachu, or even Jiggs and probably Mewtwo, given that he returns.
Mewtwo is no where NEAR Pokemon Trainer's level of importance and priority.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No, you're getting it wrong, Sonic was added to a roster that was already finished, if anything they probably considered adding Roy, Mewtwo, T. Zelda etc. while they were making Sonic and since they didn't want to delay the game even more they scrapped the idea for the moment.
According to your logic, he cut Mewtwo and Roy, then only considered adding them again after Sonic was added, remade most of their data, then decided against it and scrapped them again. Also, if the roster was finished before Sonic was added, then why was Wolf added after Sonic?

No I wouldn't think that, I was one of his only defenders on Smashboards (this is in regards to Toon Link). He made an objective statement in my quote, so I am leaving it at that. Believe what you will, I find, once you put faith in something, if it truly needs faith in order for you to follow the perspective, that it isn't a good one. But hey, that is just my opinion.
I'm basing my thoughts on logic and reasoning, as I said, Mewtwo, Roy, and Doc were only cut due to Sonic's addition taking priority, this time there isn't anything that would do that. We don't have any character that would be so demanded that Sakurai would stop what he's doing just to add them, the most requested was Mega Man and he's already in the game. Characters will get cut due to time constraints, yes, but as there's basically no chance of another "Sonic situation" happening again, and he hasn't even set a clear release date, there shouldn't be any time constraints that would cause such. The game also seems fairly far in development, we know that it's been worked on for longer than Melee, and he has a team even larger than the one he had for Brawl, they're probably getting the work done quite fast.

Again, there's no solid proof until we actually get the whole roster, but seeing Toon Link (one of the lowest priority characters in Brawl) being finished already, I'm just really doubtful that we'll lose anyone this time.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is no where NEAR Pokemon Trainer's level of importance and priority.
Well, you never know.
Pokémon Trainer is extremely important, but I think that he would be somewhat equal to Mewtwo in priority.
I feel that Mewtwo is really high priority this time, among the highest of the "newcomers".

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, please no. Anybody but Waluigi and Tingle. I'd take Birdo and Navi over them...
I think I can definitely see the both of them happening at some point down the line. Oooh, it would be glorious. Their troll-ass faces and just general appearances would be fantastic to have in Smash.

Though I'm sure most would resort to using them as their personal punching bags.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think I can definitely see the both of them happening at some point down the line. Oooh, it would be glorious. Their troll-*** faces and just general appearances would be fantastic to have in Smash.

Though I'm sure most would resort to using them as their personal punching bags.
Personally I consider Tingle the most likely new Zelda rep. :happysheep:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
According to your logic, he cut Mewtwo and Roy, then only considered adding them again after Sonic was added, remade most of their data, then decided against it and scrapped them again. Also, if the roster was finished before Sonic was added, then why was Wolf added after Sonic?
What he means is that the roster was already decided.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Reason I see Wolf going: No, he likely will not be replaced with anyone but I imagine Falco has the bigger popularity and Sakurai might even de-clone him, Wolf on the other hand is probably going to be removed so he can make room for a newcomer or veteran since Starfox has been off Nintendo's radar lately, even if he was more unique than Falco.

Either way, 3 SF characters to me are unlikely at this point
I don't see Sakurai cutting Wolf... :cool:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, you never know.
Pokémon Trainer is extremely important, but I think that he would be somewhat equal to Mewtwo in priority.
I feel that Mewtwo is really high priority this time, among the highest of the "newcomers".
No. Pokemon Trainer is EVERYTHING in Pokemon. He's even more promoted than Mewtwo currently is in Anime or X & Y.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
One thing that is confusing to me is the people thinking Ganondorf will be removed and replaced with someone like Demise or Ghiraham. Isn't Ganondorf a very well known Zelda villain and character? Whos to say he won't show up in Zelda U?
I don't think that. If Demise replaced Ganondorf it would be because the Zelda characters took their Skyward Sword designs, which Ganondorf doesn't appear in. However, that is not the case.

If Ganon were replaced because of SS, it would be for Ghirahim, but I find that highly unlikely.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Pika=PT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mew2>>>>>>>>Lucario>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bidoof>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>My shote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>puff

Reznor

work in progress

I'm basing my thoughts on logic and reasoning, as I said, Mewtwo, Roy, and Doc were only cut due to Sonic's addition taking priority, this time there isn't anything that would do that. We don't have any character that would be so demanded that Sakurai would stop what he's doing just to add them, the most requested was Mega Man and he's already in the game. Characters will get cut due to time constraints, yes, but as there's basically no chance of another "Sonic situation" happening again, and he hasn't even set a clear release date, there shouldn't be any time constraints that would cause such. The game also seems fairly far in development, we know that it's been worked on for longer than Melee, and he has a team even larger than the one he had for Brawl, they're probably getting the work done quite fast.

Again, there's no solid proof until we actually get the whole roster, but seeing Toon Link (one of the lowest priority characters in Brawl) being finished already, I'm just really doubtful that we'll lose anyone this time.
just because Toon Link was low priority in Brawl doesn't make him low priority for Smash 4 :facepalm:

The Pokemon Trainer (Red) is important because....uh....he's playable, and...Pokemon origins?
because of nostalgia and I think that's it :pt:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pika=PT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mew2>>>>>>>>Lucario>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bidoof>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>My shote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>puff
What?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
He's even more promoted than Mewtwo currently is in Anime or X & Y.
I honestly don't think that any character fits that criteria, except maybe Charizard.
The Pokémon Trainer WE are talking about is Red, who is in the Origins anime.
A trainer in general is always promoted, as that is who you are playing as.
But Mewtwo getting 2 Mega Evos and appearing in two movies in a row definitely makes him the most promoted Pokémon character as of late.
I wont argue that PT is NOT promoted, but not as much as Mewtwo nowadays.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The Pokemon Trainer (Red) is important because....uh....he's playable, and...Pokemon origins?
No, he's important because...uh...he's the main character...and uh...so are the 3 starter types...and uh the Red & Blue Starters are advertised in X & Y...and Pokemon Origins...aaaaaaand....uuuuuummmmm...because it's common sense?

I wont argue that PT is NOT promoted, but not as much as Mewtwo nowadays.
Are you for real?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well I suppose Bidoof and your "shote" are getting into Smash because there's no way Jiggs gets cut.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What he means is that the roster was already decided.
If it was decided, why was there unfinished data for those three characters plus some new characters? He said that the roster was finished before Sonic was added, if it was finished then those characters would have been on the roster right?

just because Toon Link was low priority in Brawl doesn't make him low priority for Smash 4 :facepalm:
Alright, I'll go for this. What makes you think he jumped from low priority to one of the first ones finished?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@ Louie G. Louie G.

I'm willing to bet that there are more X & Y trailers with Pokemon Trainer and that Ash is arguably just as much if not more of a main character in the new movie than Mewtwo. And again, there is "Origins".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom