• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, it's been a while, so here's the latest version of my roster. I hate how I can't find a perfect way to arrange it, but eh, it doesn't really matter. Forty-six slots and fifty characters, which is the maximum I think we'll get.

I suppose it's a good roster. Perhaps swap Takamaru for a different Retro character if need be. Same for Chrom and possibly another FE character. Still I can't call it inherently bad by any means.

Though you might want to use a vertical arrangement instead of a horizontal one.

Morbi

Scavenger
Birdo is not a Yoshi character. Just because....she?......is dating Yoshi doesn't mean that......she?......is a Yoshi character. Birdo has not appeared in a single Yoshi game.

Edit: Hold it! That take that is way too big!!!!!
Birdo is a she, her sex is mostly dependent on the region if I recall correctly. However, as she is "transgendered," it is ideal to call Birdo a "she," as gender isn't necessarily sex.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I saw the words Chrom and Ike. Just another day here....
Sorry I usually start all of the FE stuff around here, I even semi got it in the leaks thread.

NO THREAD IS SAFE :troll:

oh man if I keep doing this, i'm going to be labeled as a troll, ah idc I know i'm not a troll I just like to mess with people, I were really trolling i'd go for full on critical damage that would lock a thread up lol.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Anyway, it's been a while, so here's the latest version of my roster. I hate how I can't find a perfect way to arrange it, but eh, it doesn't really matter. Forty-six slots and fifty characters, which is the maximum I think we'll get.

I like to call this a "Bubble Rap Roster". Meaning you worry a little too much about this roster's safety. It seems WAY too safe to end up being the actual roster.

EDIT: At least it's safe from a common Smash Speculator's point of view. I don't consider Chrom to be safe at all.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Little Mac, Takamaru, and Chrom are boring picks. A roster with all three seems a bit stale to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sorry I usually start all of the FE stuff around here, I even semi got it in the roster thread.

NO THREAD IS SAFE :troll:

oh man i keep doing this, i'm going to be labeled as a troll, ah idc I know i'm not a troll I just like to mess with people, I were really trolling i'd go for full on critical damage that would lock a thread up lol.
Why? Because THEY don't like discussing Fire Emblem? Honestly, what is more annoying, disruptive, or off-topic.

"Hey guys, lets discuss who is the most likely representative for Fire Emblem!"
or
"Oh god, not another Rye vs Corn argument! Gosh. Why do people even discuss this?! I am TIRED OF IT!" *leaves thread

The real trolls are those attenuating discussion. Not the people who actually incite debates and discussion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Opossum Opossum
I find your roster very safe, but at the same time I feel that it's very likely.
I would recommend Shulk though. Maybe Pac-Man or Miis.
I think Little Mac, Takamaru, and Chrom are boring picks. A roster with all three seems a bit stale to me.
When all three are very likely additions I see no reason not to add them all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why? Because THEY don't like discussing Fire Emblem? Honestly, what is more annoying, disruptive, or off-topic.

or
"Oh god, not another Rye vs Corn argument! Gosh. Why do people even discuss this?! I am TIRED OF IT!" *leaves thread

The real trolls are those attenuating discussion. Not the people who actually incite debates and discussion.
via me.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

or

I'm expecting you to get flack for this. But I agree with you, i don't know why people get upset, its the most interesting dead horse topic. And obviously we can't talk about leaks here so.... its either more roster judging or talk about who the potential FE newcomer could be.

I mean most of the other franchises seem pretty much figured out already....

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Sakurai is going for uniqueness...

Shulk is a fairly popular sword character with a sea of mechanics to pick from. A rarity for sword characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I like to call this a "Bubble Rap Roster". Meaning you worry a little too much about this roster's safety. It seems WAY too safe to end up being the actual roster.

EDIT: At least it's safe from a common Smash Speculator's point of view. I don't consider Chrom to be safe at all.
I could have gone with more surprises, like one I had in mind. However, I'd be pretty much crucified here if I added Muddy over Takamaru, as I wanted. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Sakurai is going for uniqueness...

Shulk is a fairly popular sword character with a sea of mechanics to pick from. A rarity for sword characters.
I don't like it when there are too many sword characters,makes kind of a rough decision,especially with the online timer in brawl.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Birdo is not a Yoshi character. Just because....she?......is dating Yoshi doesn't mean that......she?......is a Yoshi character. Birdo has not appeared in a single Yoshi game.

Edit: That take that is way too big!!!!!
Did you not see the troll face?

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy trolls a lot.

Seriously. Why Shulk? I know the game is popular, but it's barely even a major IP.
"muh recency!"

I am probably going to start using that term. Just as a legitimate question, do you mean "Bubble Wrap Roster," or literally "Bubble Rap" as in... like... Little Jon? :awesome:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I always wonder why people think that Ike wont return. I mean, they always cling to the "muh recency" argument desperately. However, once that perspective is completely and utterly refuted, they still assume that Ike is going to be cut. He is one of the only veterans that I believe will return with a 99% rating (along with the likes of Captain Falcon, Wario, Yoshi, etc.).
I'm making a read off of Sakurai, not myself. Face the facts, Fire Emblem characters got in because it was the new thing for Japan, and they were going to release it in America. The latest Pokemon came in because they were advertising the games that they were in. Sonic and Snake came in because there were plans for their games to be released on Nintendo consoles. Wii Fit trainer is in Smash because they recently announced a Wii Fit game, Toon Link because Wind Waker HD. Mega Man because they have something up their sleeves. Rosalina because HELLO Nintendo just recently said that soon there was going to be a HD remake of Galaxy. Sonic AGAIN because of Sonic Lost World. Ness in going to be in it because Earthbound is on the Virtual Console. I could go on for hours, for almost EVERY character!
My point is this, and this is where everything Sakurai has ever said makes sense. Smash is not a game, it's advertisement, most of the characters, (including ROB) are in the game because Nintendo was wanting to push a new game, while filling in the blanks with a couple characters that had NO purpose other than nostalgia.
The sole purpose of Smash being casual is that everyone can play it, so everybody can buy the games. If it weren't for that, Sakurai would've made this a competitive game a long time ago.
I could go on for hours. The point is: that Sakurai isn't responsible, it's the crafty corporation that is Nintendo.

But that's just a theory, a Game Theory!
Thanks for reading!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Well, you're bound to get at least one new sword character. There were four added in Brawl (Toon Link, Ike, Metaknight and arguably Pit).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How about we get someone from Advance Wars? That could be cool. I think that a Infantry Soldier with a C.O.(likely Andy)calling the shots in the back would be my ideal scenario. And like I said before, Using Helicopter as a recovery would be insane, and awesome.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , good point.
Xenoblade is very similar to Mother in the sense that they are both small franchises that are nowhere near the big Nintendo franchises in terms of popularity or iconicness, but Smash can make their characters and eventually their series known.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Here's my updated version of Super Bash Sisters!

I don't know who Adeline or Dyna Blade are but they were the 2 most popular Kirby Characters. I don't know who Barbara is either, and can Dark Samus be counted as female? Also, stop spamming OMYGOSHSHYGUYISNTFEMALE comments. Shy Guys can be male or female. Also, what other Yoshi character could I have chosen? Baby Peach? And before you say it, Birdo isn't a Yoshi character. Birdo has not been in a single Yoshi game. Now that that's over and done with, I hope you like my roster!

Note: Remember to thank Palutena for the name.....

Morbi

Scavenger
Xenoblade is probably most underlooked great RPGs like the Mother games, Sakurai should probably give acknowledgement of the game somehow.
He did, don't you remember that tweet? :awesome:

I'm making a read off of Sakurai, not myself. Face the facts, Fire Emblem characters got in because it was the new thing for Japan, and they were going to release it in America. The latest Pokemon came in because they were advertising the games that they were in. Sonic and Snake came in because there were plans for their games to be released on Nintendo consoles. Wii Fit trainer is in Smash because they recently announced a Wii Fit game, Toon Link because Wind Waker HD. Mega Man because they have something up their sleeves. Rosalina because HELLO Nintendo just recently said that soon there was going to be a HD remake of Galaxy. Sonic AGAIN because of Sonic Lost World. Ness in going to be in it because Earthbound is on the Virtual Console. I could go on for hours, for almost EVERY character!
My point is this, and this is where everything Sakurai has ever said makes sense. Smash is not a game, it's advertisement, most of the characters, (including ROB) are in the game because Nintendo was wanting to push a new game, while filling in the blanks with a couple characters that had NO purpose other than nostalgia.
The sole purpose of Smash being casual is that everyone can play it, so everybody can buy the games. If it weren't for that, Sakurai would've made this a competitive game a long time ago.
I could go on for hours. The point is: that Sakurai isn't responsible, it's the crafty corporation that is Nintendo.

But that's just a theory, a Game Theory!
Thanks for reading!
I can respect that, sometimes, I feel the exact same way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy trolls a lot.

"muh recency!"

I am probably going to start using that term. Just as a legitimate question, do you mean "Bubble Wrap Roster," or literally "Bubble Rap" as in... like... Little Jon? :awesome:
I once had a nightmare about Veggietales. I was a screwed up kid.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Here's my updated version of Super Bash Sisters!

I don't know who Adeline or Dyna Blade are but they were the 2 most popular Kirby Characters. I don't know who Barbara is either, and can Dark Samus be counted as female? Also, stop spamming OMYGOSHSHYGUYISNTFEMALE comments. Shy Guys can be male or female. Also, what other Yoshi character could I have chosen? Baby Peach? And before you say it, Birdo isn't a Yoshi character. Birdo has not been in a single Yoshi game. Now that that's over and done with, I hope you like my roster!

Note: Remember to thank Palutena for the name.....
Woah, that's pretty neat. Though I think we'd get Amy instead of Blaze. Y'know... to fit the whole "hedgehag" thing.

I should really make my own roster for once...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I could have gone with more surprises, like one I had in mind. However, I'd be pretty much crucified here if I added Muddy over Takamaru, as I wanted. :p
No matter what you do, you're bound to have someone to see a flaw in it. Which is fine. So instead, just add who you feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom