• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Kid Icarus is understandable.
But I don;t want (or need) another Mother rep.
Honestly I'd argue Lucas wasn't exactly necessary.
Pit does a fine job of repping KI alone to be honest too. We don't need Palutena, but the majority want her.

We technically don't NEED any characters aside from the main protagonists of each franchise.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Pit does a fine job of repping KI alone to be honest too. We don't need Palutena, but the majority want her.

We technically don't NEED any characters aside from the main protagonists of each franchise.
Not entirely.
We need villains and women too. And some sidekicks. (Luigi, Diddy)
And I completely agree about Lucas.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before, as well as the orb not having the outline, I simply don't believe the leak because it's a leak. I'll respect the people that do believe it, but I won't believe it myself until it actually is revealed by Sakurai himself.
To me, Occam's Razor dictates that she probably is legit and this is an actual leak. It matters little; she looks interesting but she's not someone I desperately want. I'd be more guarded if it was a character I had really been hoping for. :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Don't care if I get slowpoked for this, but Imma do it anyway...

MY ANALYSIS: Viridi is in the middle of the background, no room for Palutena in the background means no Palutena Final Smash. Palutena probably confirmed.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Don't care if I get slowpoked for this, but Imma do it anyway...

MY ANALYSIS: Viridi is in the middle of the background, no room for Palutena in the background means no Palutena Final Smash. Palutena probably confirmed.
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that we're getting news on KI and a KI leak?
BTW, I was going to say this, till you ninja'd me.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I think I missed something vital here: Shy Guy's a girl?!?

Also Pokemon Trainer probably should of used one of the many female avatars for this. If there's a female Mii too it'd look better.

Overall good but disappointed by the lack of Captain Syrup. You need all the female villains you can get on here.

Shy Guy can be male or female, and I can't put Yoshi here, so...........yeah. Also, the 'Pokemon Trainer' is female in the game and you can switch between all of the female region trainers. You can only play as female Miis, and the lack of Captain Syrup is because I wanted to keep the roster a nice box.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I have a few suggestions:

Replace Shy Guy with Birdo.

Use a female trainer icon.

Replace Pikachu and Lucario with Jigglypuff and Gardevoir.

Use a female Mii.

Replace Isabelle with someone more meaningful like Barbara or Alex Roivas.
1. I would have used Birdo, but it hasn't been in a single Yoshi game and it's gender-confused.

2. I can't use a female trainer icon unless I want a specific reigon, but I want to be able to switch between all the female region trainers.

3. I'll consider that.

4. There isn't a pic of one and I don't know how to download them.

5. Yeah I'll do that.

>Super Bash Sisters
>Shy Guy

I don't even.

In addition, I suggest replacing Pokémon Trainer with May.
Shy guys aren't all male. They can be both and I wanted a Yoshi representative. Who would you use? Baby Peach? And no Birdo because it hasn't even appeared in a single Yoshi game. Also I want the Pokemon Trainer to be able to switch between the female Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, etc. trainers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Well, it seems Viridi is deconfirmed sadly, and we have no news overall on that Palutena leak as of yet. Regardless, I'm still curious as to what will happen. Now, excuse me as I keep on watching Metal Gear Rising boss battles, this game is so damn gorgeous and amazing. :p

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Toad! Play as all your favourite indistinguishable inhabitants of the Mushroom Kingdom!

:joyful::rotfl:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Beat you to it already;

Remember; there is no Toad, so EVERYONE is Toad.

(Would buy your version though; better have a Wario's Woods stage)
*Proceeds to main Bandana Waddle Dee

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Well, it seems Viridi is deconfirmed sadly, and we have no news overall on that Palutena leak as of yet. Regardless, I'm still curious as to what will happen. Now, excuse me as I keep on watching Metal Gear Rising boss battles, this game is so damn gorgeous and amazing. :p
Let's see what happens Friday or net week, I'm hungry for more Palutena.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So I guess Glover is third party or something, which makes him virtually impossible being retro and third party. I'm either gonna replace him with Primid as a Smash Bros. character, or another retro/WTF. I already have Muddy Mole and Sukapon, and I don't want Lip or Takamaru. I might just keep him since he does technically have a chance.

So, any suggestions for retros/WTFs?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It is prominent, but not to the extent of having 4 reps.
You're being too black and white about it. Prominence doesn't correlate with amount of reps too such a high extent with every franchise.
Each series is in a unique situation. That's why we're able to say something like:
"The Yoshi series doesn't need a second rep."
Despite this also being a common statement:
"Palutena is a worthy addition."
Surely the entire Yoshi franchise is more prominent when compared to all of Kid Icarus, no? Yet many still say that Yoshi doesn't need a second rep. Why is that? If we compare the Yoshi other franchises, then Yoshi would seem like it should have a second character. With eight games (Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie, Yoshi Safari, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy, Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi Touch 'n' Go), a port (Yoshi's Island for GBA), and two upcoming games, it certainly has a good number of games. It has its main protagonist, its secondary protagonist (Baby Mario), it's primary villain(s) (Kamek and Baby Bowser), so it's not like it doesn't have characters to choose from. If we compare that to Starfox, which it has five games, a remake and three characters or Mother, which has three games and two characters surely Yoshi warrants another character, no?
What about sales?
Want to know how many copies of Kid Icarus: Uprising were sold? 1.18 million. (Granted, this isn't that current, but it won't matter in the end once you see my next point.)
Meanwhile, Yoshi's Island DS, the most current Yoshi game, sold 2.91 million copies. Assuming that between last March (when that statistic is from) and now Uprising hasn't sold 1.83 million copies including digital download, it was outsold. Yoshi was far more popular. So why does Kid Icarus deserve a second character but Yoshi doesn't?
You see where comparing franchises gets us? It gets us to a road where Yoshi should have at least one other character. It's not a good habit. You can't compare franchises. Each franchise is different with its own unique situation. There's a reason Kid Icarus will likely have two reps despite it being a small franchise. There's a reason Starfox has three reps and Metroid has one/two. And there's a reason DK can have the same amount of reps as Zelda.
The only comparison between franchises we can make are that the amount of playable characters a franchise should have shouldn't go above that of Mario or Pokemon. We're able to say that because those two series have many potential characters that aren't added. Clearly there is a limit, and the biggest series with the biggest cast of big name characters are the ones that set it.
This is under the assumption that the Yoshi's franchise's current situation puts it in a position where it doesn't warrant another rep. To the people who think otherwise: please don't hurt me.

We technically don't even need Smash Bros. :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So I guess Glover is third party or something, which makes him virtually impossible being retro and third party. I'm either gonna replace him with Primid as a Smash Bros. character, or another retro/WTF. I already have Muddy Mole and Sukapon, and I don't want Lip or Takamaru. I might just keep him since he does technically have a chance.

So, any suggestions for retros/WTFs?
A list right here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom