• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Alright, me and my friend on Miiverse came up with the most reasonable, likely additions. They are...
  • Takamaru
  • Chibi-Robo
  • King K. Rool*
  • Krystal**
  • Palutena
  • Ridley
  • Shulk
  • Little Mac
  • Chrom
  • Dixie Kong*
*One or the other, not both. King K. Rool was found more likely, however.
**Maybe. Would likely replace Falco or Wolf.

If you have any questions with our reasoning feel free to ask. Also please note Mewtwo and Roy are NOT considered additions because they are technically veterans, and a Pokemon newcomer was not considered because it's too uncertain. And please comment if you think we're missing something / someone.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alright, me and my friend on Miiverse came up with the most reasonable, likely additions. They are...
  • Takamaru
  • Chibi-Robo
  • King K. Rool*
  • Krystal**
  • Palutena
  • Ridley
  • Shulk
  • Little Mac
  • Chrom
  • Dixie Kong*

If you have any questions with our reasoning feel free to ask. Also please note Mewtwo and Roy are NOT considered additions because they are technically veterans, and a Pokemon newcomer was not considered because it's too uncertain. And please comment if you think we're missing something / someone.
The only unusuals to see here are Chibi-Robo and Krystal. What's the thinking behind them?

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
The only unusuals to see here are Chibi-Robo and Krystal. What's the thinking behind them?
As I noted, Krystal was a maybe. She had tons of uniqueness, potential and popularity (somewhat), but she'd be over representing a series that already has 3 major reps. Chibi-Robo was for several reasons, including uniqueness, craptons of potential, he just had a new game release, the GC game was actually another Nintendo / Namco Bandai project, being a new series rep, and a lot of people speculate a ROB removal, so he may be the only Robot character.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Four new characters for four solo repped series?

Yoshi: Birdo
Wario: Waluigi
Pikmin: Plasm Wraith
F-Zero: James McCloud

:troll:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Oh, and for the solo rep series...

Kid Icarus - Pittoo
Metroid - Ridley
Sonic - Shadow
Pikmin - Alph

This is personal preference, not likelihood.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
  • Takamaru
  • Chibi-Robo
  • King K. Rool*
  • Krystal**
  • Palutena
  • Ridley
  • Shulk
  • Little Mac
  • Chrom
  • Dixie Kong*

That sounds kinda right. Only there is a good chance we can get both Dixie and K. Rool, DK's a pretty prominent series.

Chibi-Robo just doesn't seem to be in the same boat as them.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Having the Bulbin has a rare pickup would be sick beyond all belief. And I suppose that having the other Pikmin in Olimar's moveset could be a little awkward.

Yes, I meant the first one. Sorry if I didn't work it out correctly.
I also think sakurai should work hard to make sure to differentiate pikmin further. Red, Blue, and Yellow should be the most common, uncommon pickups should be purple, white, rock and flying and the rare pull will be a bulbun pikmin (aka stitchface.)

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I'd say it's right behind Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, all of which will probably have 5 or more reps each in SSB4. DK having one rep less than them wouldn't be out of the question, in my opinion.
I wouldn't be against it but I don't see it happening

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
  • Takamaru
  • Chibi-Robo
  • King K. Rool*
  • Krystal**
  • Palutena
  • Ridley
  • Shulk
  • Little Mac
  • Chrom
  • Dixie Kong*

I see nothing wrong with this list. Chibi-Robo seems odd, but he would be a welcome addition, I think.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
3DS Roster.png

If this was the SSB4 roster, what would your thoughts be?

By the way, this is exactly the roster I am predicting...

~No Cuts
~Return of Mewtwo

NEWCOMERS
-Rosalina
-K Rool
-Shulk
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Isaac
-Robin
-Takumaru
-Little Mac
-Mega Man
-Pac Man

So 49 characters. Thoughts?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 7090

~No Cuts
~Return of Mewtwo

NEWCOMERS
-Rosalina
-K Rool
-Shulk
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Isaac
-Robin
-Takumaru
-Little Mac
-Mega Man
-Pac Man

It's pretty good. I guess Robin would be the standout choice on the roster. In that, not all that many people throw him(her in your roster)in. Same for Pac-Man since not many seem to like him here. I personally like him, but he isn't one of my top choices. More of an Honorable Mention.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
View attachment 7090

~No Cuts
~Return of Mewtwo

NEWCOMERS
-Rosalina
-K Rool
-Shulk
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Isaac
-Robin
-Takumaru
-Little Mac
-Mega Man
-Pac Man

I was satisfied aleady when I saw the bolded part. By the way, Brawl had 39 characters, and you've added Mewtwo and 13 newcomers, bringing the total to 53 characters.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I posted this in the SSB4 Rumor and Leak thread. Tell me what you think.

"I can see the gripes with the pictures of Palutena. Really, I'm not saying they don't exist.

But a lot of people are ignoring the things that are TRUE about these pictures.

1)The model is completely unique
2)The black outline is not always consistent, as stated by Sakurai with the Pikachu picture months ago
3)It seems illogical to me that Assist Trophies would have the dark outline, as it would confuse players assuming there are several characters on screen at once. However, this doesn't really add to the legitimacy of this picture.
4)There is no source of that picture of Mario, nor the background of the second picture of Palutena. So the pictures are unique to anything else available.

Basically, these pictures, regardless of Palutena being in them, and pictures that have no background information to them. They aren't from a pic of the day, they aren't from the Facebook page. These are unique. If we take that fact into account, then that means that Mario's placement in the picture is fake as well. So the entire picture would have needed to be fabricated.

The graphic clipping of Palutena and her staff are something that may or may not happen in game. I think you could theorize that the clipping would add to the legitimacy of the picture, because of the previous examples of Zelda in a pic of the day.

If it were a pre-existing model, then I highly doubt that the model would already be clipping. That doesn't sound right. If the game is in it's polishing stages, then this isn't anything to deem suspect.

I just keep thinking about this. Some of you will probably think I'm nuts. But hear me out. I think some of these things that are being used to falsify the leak are miniscule things that have logical explanations."

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

~No Cuts
~Return of Mewtwo

NEWCOMERS
-Rosalina
-K Rool
-Shulk
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Isaac
-Robin
-Takumaru
-Little Mac
-Mega Man
-Pac Man

It is perfect!

And I was bored, so I made a deconfirmed characters roster to waste 10 seconds of my life:

Deconfirmed Characters Roster.png

Skull Kid: deconfirmed 6th december 2013
Starfy: deconfirmed 25th december 2013
Ashley: deconfirmed 15th january 2014
Viridi: deconfirmed 23 january 2014

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
If we're talking about those pictures of Palutena, here's why I think they're fake:

1. I just don't believe leaks in general to save myself disappointment, and be even happier if it turns out to be true.

2. The blue orb on Palutena's staff is without an outline completely. Especially against the sky like that, it should be outlined.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Perhaps the outline indicates the hitboxes, so hitting the orb has no effect on Palutena.
I don't find that very likely. Hitting any of the other weapons shouldn't deal damage either, but some of them still have outlines, like the swords for example.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Right, that proves that not absolutely everything associated with the characters is outlined. The fact the orb isn't a projectile still brings it into question, though.
It doesn't really look like Pit's swords are properly outlined in that shot either, although it's hard to tell in action.

Also, one possibility is that they haven't finished the model entirely, and the outlines still need to be added.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Right, that proves that not absolutely everything associated with the characters is outlined. The fact the orb isn't a projectile still brings it into question, though.
I looked at pictures of Pit on the site. His weapon doesn't have the outline. So that checks out. Doesn't matter.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Like I said before, as well as the orb not having the outline, I simply don't believe the leak because it's a leak. I'll respect the people that do believe it, but I won't believe it myself until it actually is revealed by Sakurai himself.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Like I said before, as well as the orb not having the outline, I simply don't believe the leak because it's a leak. I'll respect the people that do believe it, but I won't believe it myself until it actually is revealed by Sakurai himself.
Fair enough! But I am too much of a Palutena fanboy not to support this.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
View attachment 7090

~No Cuts
~Return of Mewtwo

NEWCOMERS
-Rosalina
-K Rool
-Shulk
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Villager
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Isaac
-Robin
-Takumaru
-Little Mac
-Mega Man
-Pac Man

all this +1 Yoshi character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I agree with you there. Unless the screenshot is from an official Nintendo source, it can't really be taken seriously.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Yeah, same here. Rather than believing it because there's nothing definitive proving it fake, I'm going to assume it's fake because there's nothing definitive proving it real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom