• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

More a dream roster than a realistic one, especially since I doubt anyone on that bottom has a real shot with being in nor do I think the real roster would have more than 45 slots. That said, I think this would be quite to a perfect roster imo, one can only hope. Will put a another roster up when I got the time to look up better pics and decide on some replacements.
I see no problems, props for Chibi-Robo and Ray, two of my favorites. Pac-Man is a popular choice, though why I have no clue. Made by Namco? So was Mario Super Sluggers. Blaziken is a great choice, but only as a last-minute Falcon clone. Krystal and Dark Samus I don't have a problem with, despite other's opinions. Tingle and Bowser Jr. are two of my favorites, despite their unlikeliness, everyone knows of my "butthurt" over Palutena, and the only change I would make is add the Waddle Dee and cut Palutena.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

More a dream roster than a realistic one, especially since I doubt anyone on that bottom has a real shot with being in nor do I think the real roster would have more than 45 slots. That said, I think this would be quite to a perfect roster imo, one can only hope. Will put a another roster up when I got the time to look up better pics and decide on some replacements.
If you're looking for tips to make this realistic:
-4 Star Fox characters is pushing it, as is 6 Mario characters.Consider removing Krystal and/or Bowser Jr.
-Remove Blaziken. Sorry, but he just isn't happening.
-I'd remove Dark Samus as well. DS isn't as unlikely as some people might suggest(being the main antagonist of the Prime sub-series and being in as many games as MB), but s/he's still a somewhat out there choice. And of course, Ridley would come first.
-On the bottom row: Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, and Pac-man can stay. As for the others, remove all but one of Chibi-Robo, Wonder Red, Balloon Fighter, and Ray. Having any one of those characters probably wouldn't be such a big deal, but having all of them is pushing it. Dillon is plausible IMO, so it's up to you what to do with him.

Now as for who to consider adding:
-consider adding Takamaru.
....and that's it.

For a "Dream Roster", this actually isn't too far out there. Good first try.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Thoughts on Alph joining the brawl?
If he uses different Pikmin, then he could be a little interesting. Though I feel another Pikmin character isn't likely. Then again, he would only really have access to Flying and Rock Pikmin if the devs avoided all similarities Olimar. Maybe they could have a character that can also use Bulbmin Pikmin, but I don't see that happening.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Since everyone else is doing the roster thing(and since we have a bunch of new members since I posted my last roster), I have a new roster.

Old rosters here.

(I should mention that this is a prediction roster and not a personal/want/dream roster)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok. Here's a random topic, chose four series with only one character, and add one new playable character you'd want in Smash 4.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
If he uses different Pikmin, then he could be a little interesting. Though I feel another Pikmin character isn't likely. Then again, he would only really have access to Flying and Rock Pikmin if the devs avoided all similarities Olimar. Maybe they could have a character that can also use Bulbmin Pikmin, but I don't see that happening.
Id say it would be more efficent to just add flying and rock pikmin to olimars lineup, Id also like a random bulbin pikmin that is rare and powerful like peaches stitch face.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Here's a random topic, chose four series with only one character, and add one new playable character you'd want in Smash 4.
Sorry, let me see if I have this right. I choose four series that have only one rep currently, and then out of those four series, add one more character? Or add one more character/series?

I'll assume it's the first.

Sonic
F-Zero
Yoshi
Wario

I guess I'll add Dr. Eggman, 'cause I think he'd be a ton of fun, even if he's insanely unlikely. Smash is lacking in the mad science department right now after all.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Since everyone else is doing the roster thing(and since we have a bunch of new members since I posted my last roster), I have a new roster.

Old rosters here.

(I should mention that this is a prediction roster and not a personal/want/dream roster)
Has Samurai Goroh and Roy.

Not bad. I like it.

Blue might be right though. All the newcomers seem to be sword based aside from Smashboards Elite Four of Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac and Palutena. It's just too much swords for my taste, although I'd be satisfied with three swordsmen newcomers.

Whatever you do for gods sake DON'T add Chrom and Lucina. That's two additional swordsman newcomers over a singular returning sword veteran.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Id say it would be more efficent to just add flying and rock pikmin to olimars lineup, Id also like a random bulbin pikmin that is rare and powerful like peaches stitch face.
Having the Bulbin has a rare pickup would be sick beyond all belief. And I suppose that having the other Pikmin in Olimar's moveset could be a little awkward.
Sorry, let me see if I have this right. I choose four series that have only one rep currently, and then out of those four series, add one more character? Or add one more character/series?

I'll assume it's the first.

Sonic
F-Zero
Yoshi
Wario

I guess I'll add Dr. Eggman, 'cause I think he'd be a ton of fun, even if he's insanely unlikely. Smash is lacking in the mad science department right now after all.
Yes, I meant the first one. Sorry if I didn't work it out correctly.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Blue might be right though. All the newcomers seem to be sword based aside from Smashboards Elite Four of Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac and Palutena. It's just too much swords for my taste, although I'd be satisfied with three swordsmen newcomers.
I personally think that every swordsman on my roster could be made unique. Isaac and Shulk could mix their swordplay with magic(sorry, don't play GS so I'm not familiar with what the proper term would be) and Monado Arts. Takamaru could be a more traditional swordsman.

And Goroh could be Goroh.
He can't lose in his Fire Stingray. :p

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Let's see if I got this right. Pick four, but only pick one of the four to give a newcomer? Or one for each of the four?

If the former:

Yoshi
Metroid(if ZSS counts as part of Samus)
F-Zero
Kid Icarus

Samurai Goroh of F-Zero. By a considerable amount.

If the latter:

Still Samurai Goroh.

Then Kamek. Although think he'd be a better AT.

Ridley and Palutena can come too I guess. I guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let's see if I got this right. Pick four, but only pick one of the four to give a newcomer? Or one for each of the four?

If the former:

Yoshi
Metroid(if ZSS counts as part of Samus)
F-Zero
Kid Icarus

Samurai Goroh of F-Zero. By a considerable amount.

If the latter:

Still Samurai Goroh.

Then Kamek. Although think he'd be a better AT.

Ridley and Palutena can come too I guess. I guess.
Pick four, that's it. I really should try and word things better :laugh: Well good to see some more people want Samurai Goroh.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, I made a new roster. I'm not too sure about it though.
Empty Roster.png

I finally added Ridley, which most people can agree with. I also added Duck Hunt Dog as a retro rep. Any thoughts?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
View attachment 7085
I finally added Ridley, which most people can agree with. I also added Duck Hunt Dog as a retro rep. Any thoughts?
The more Ridley supporters, the better. I do hope he can be playable. You don't see much Duck Hunt Dog. So you get props for that. I think he could be at least a little cool to use. Or send flying across the screen.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The more Ridley supporters, the better. I do hope he can be playable. You don't see much Duck Hunt Dog. So you get props for that. I think he could be at least a little cool to use. Or send flying across the screen.
I figured DHD would be the best rep for a retro. I like him more than the others, actually.

KirbyKamikazi

Smash Cadet
View attachment 7085
It has Snake & Mewtwo. That's all I need.

On a more serious note, how would DHD play?

Ridley
Palutina
Big Boss
Black Shadow

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I favor an Awakening character more due to success and the installment being the savior of FE's death.
With so much promotion of Awakening characters now, I feel like that is likelier than a potential semi-clone. :p
And Chrom isn't a potential semi-clone?
anna.png

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
And Chrom wouldn't be a potential semi-clone?
View attachment 7087
I don't he'll be a semi-clone,it's hard to imagine him being a semi-clone of Marth or Ike if he was on his own. I simply think he'll just be a balance of Ike and Marth.
Just an average sword user, a boring kind of unique, which is why I recommend the Chrom/Lucina duo.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't he'll be a semi-clone,it's hard to imagine him being a semi-clone of Marth or Ike if he was on his own. I simply think he'll just be a balance of Ike and Marth.
....and explain to me how that's any better than being a semi-clone
Just an average sword user, a boring kind of unique, which is why I recommend the Chrom/Lucina duo.
Doesn't being boring defeat the whole purpose of being unique?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm sure he could potentially be fun, that's just my hypothetical point of view of what Chrom could play as if he was on his own.
....and explain to me how that's any better than being a semi-clone?
It's better than a semi-clone simply because it's better than being lazy and making him a semi-clone. Chrom just looks too different from Marth and Ike to be one.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's better than a semi-clone simply because it's better than being lazy and making him a semi-clone.
I honestly don't think Sakurai cares about clones as much as some people like think he does. If he did, Toon Link wouldn't be coming back.
Chrom just looks too different from Marth and Ike to be one.
:ganondorf:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm sure he could potentially be fun, that's just my hypothetical point of view of what Chrom could play as if he was on his own.

It's better than a semi-clone simply because it's better than being lazy and making him a semi-clone. Chrom just looks too different from Marth and Ike to be one.
Blue, I love you buddy, but what the hell are you talking about? He fights like a cross between the two, and uses Marth's sword.

Go back to Anna plz. You're scaring me.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace

Old rosters here.

That's my reasonable-dream roster with a few plus characters, I'm perfectly fine with this.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well Ike wouldn't have been a Marth clone in the first place because Ike fights in an unorthodox manner, while Marth is more elegant.

Chrom's position in Awakening IS like a cross of the two. But how that would translate to Smash Bros. is a mystery. I know there are a few movesets I can appreciate for him.

I personally think Roy's chances are overstated. But that's a whole other issue.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well Ike wouldn't have been a Marth clone in the first place because Ike fights in an unorthodox manner, while Marth is more elegant.

Chrom's position in Awakening IS like a cross of the two. But how that would translate to Smash Bros. is a mystery. I know there are a few movesets I can appreciate for him.

I personally think Roy's chances are overstated. But that's a whole other issue.
As long as Sakurai makes Chrom diverse enough I think he'd make a welcome addition. I still would want Robin more, but whatever. Sakurai do what he do.

I learned today that I can do a one-handed cartwheel, so that's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom