• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
No like....

Chrom isn't even playable at all. And neither is.... *gasp* roy.

That would solve alot of bickering, and.... nobody wins and we get lyn. It's the best outcome :awesome:
I'd actually rather have Lyn than Chrom. Or the avatar character.

No like....

Chrom isn't even playable at all. And neither is.... *gasp* roy.

That would solve alot of bickering, and.... nobody wins and we get lyn. It's the best outcome :awesome:
I'd actually rather have Lyn than Chrom. Or the avatar character.
Am I the only one who would be super hyped if Steve or Reggie got in?
Wait, Steve? Chuggaaconroy Steve?

Last edited by a moderator:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Am I the only one who would be super hyped if Steve or Reggie got in?
Steve from Minecraft?
Personally, I'd kind of want that game to be on a Nintendo console before that happened. That is, if I wanted it to happen.
Still waiting Mojang...
It's never gonna happen is it?

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Steve from Minecraft?
Personally, I'd kind of want that game to be on a Nintendo console before that happened. That is, if I wanted it to happen.
Still waiting Mojang...
It's never gonna happen is it?
You didn't hear? Wii U.

And I was referring to Chugga's Steve, Google it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
No they can't
Okay, apparently Sakurai is FORBIDDEN from adding Ike because he's not recent. Instead he HAS to have a clone of Marth. Where did you read this exactly? Because from what I recall, Ike is the second face of Fire Emblem. He appeared in 2 games unlike the rest of the cast and he is unique. Sakurai is not going to replace a unique character with a generic character for literally no other reason than that he's new. That's just stupid.

You think Ike got in because he was new? He had actual merits like the ones I stated. You can't claim a new character got in because they were new anymore than I can prove a red character got in because they were red.

Sakurai doesn't just go and say "Oh, this characters new! Slap that **** in." New characters like Lucas, Lucario, Toon Link, and Ike all earned it. And Roy was only in because he had fire, which was more unique than the alternative which was going to be Leif. so sayith Sakurai himself.

So you can't go around saying Ike can't get in when he's technically a shoe in. Not having Ike is almost as bad as not having Marth. There has never been a "recency replacement". in Super Smash Brothers. In fact Toon Link was the only character that ever replaced anyone and it's obvious why. Pichu was cut entirely while Roy, Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario still had data in Brawl. So never has recency put a character over another. Popularity, uniqueness, and importance however has.

And yes, I am a guy. I think you'll find a majority of males on the internet appreciate MLP. It's a good show. It was written by the same person who wrot Foster's Home Imaginary Friends.

Granted I don't actually WATCH it anymore. But, I'm a fan of it and have seen a lot of it. And it's cute or in other words:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269

hating on fanbases of any kind is something I really don't like. especially if im sorta a part of it.

alright back on topic.
See into my soul!
I'm not making hating, I'm teasing, and trying to playfully ruffle Saturn's feathers

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
That's why I said co-exist?
Okay, apparently Sakurai is FORBIDDEN from adding Ike because he's not recent. Instead he HAS to have a clone of Marth. Where did you read this exactly? Because from what I recall, Ike is the second face of Fire Emblem. He appeared in 2 games unlike the rest of the cast and he is unique. Sakurai is not going to replace a unique character with a generic character for literally no other reason than that he's new. That's just stupid.

You think Ike got in because he was new? He had actual merits like the ones I stated. You can't claim a new character got in because they were new anymore than I can prove a red character got in because they were red.

Sakurai doesn't just go and say "Oh, this characters new! Slap that **** in." New characters like Lucas, Lucario, Toon Link, and Ike all earned it. And Roy was only in because he had fire, which was more unique than the alternative which was going to be Leif. so sayith Sakurai himself.

So you can't go around saying Ike can't get in when he's technically a shoe in. Not having Ike is almost as bad as not having Marth. There has never been a "recency replacement". in Super Smash Brothers. In fact Toon Link was the only character that ever replaced anyone and it's obvious why. Pichu was cut entirely while Roy, Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario still had data in Brawl. So never has recency put a character over another. Popularity, uniqueness, and importance however has.
I don't. No one is worth adding. Unlike so many other series.

You must be new to the internet. If you're like me you avoid that show like the plague.
Nah bro, I have the cure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
But, you also blatantly said that Ike can NOT be in Super Smash Brothers.
I always wonder why people think that Ike wont return. I mean, they always cling to the "muh recency" argument desperately. However, once that perspective is completely and utterly refuted, they still assume that Ike is going to be cut. He is one of the only veterans that I believe will return with a 99% rating (along with the likes of Captain Falcon, Wario, Yoshi, etc.).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyway, it's been a while, so here's the latest version of my roster. I hate how I can't find a perfect way to arrange it, but eh, it doesn't really matter. Forty-six slots and fifty characters, which is the maximum I think we'll get.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I always wonder why people think that Ike wont return. I mean, they always cling to the "muh recency" argument desperately. However, once that perspective is completely and utterly refuted, they still assume that Ike is going to be cut. He is one of the only veterans that I believe will return with a 99% rating (along with the likes of Captain Falcon, Wario, Yoshi, etc.).
There literally exists no plausible reason to assume he won't return. There just seems to be some sort of stranger\ argument where you either have to have debuted on NES or debut in 2010+

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Four new characters for four solo repped series?

Yoshi: Birdo
Wario: Waluigi
Pikmin: Plasm Wraith
F-Zero: James McCloud

:troll:
Birdo is not a Yoshi character. Just because....she?......is dating Yoshi doesn't mean that......she?......is a Yoshi character. Birdo has not appeared in a single Yoshi game.

Edit:
That take that is way too big!!!!!

Morbi

Scavenger
Anyway, it's been a while, so here's the latest version of my roster. I hate how I can't find a perfect way to arrange it, but eh, it doesn't really matter. Forty-six slots and fifty characters, which is the maximum I think we'll get.

One of the safest rosters I have ever seen. Good job, I guess. It would have been nice to see something different. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom