• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Wasn't it something objectivism with anagrams of the name of some dude all over?
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to include a third KI rep...
Well Kid Icarus Uprising would be fresh in his mind,so it's possible.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
It could be argued that Genesect is now more of a villain while Mewtwo has become something of an anti-hero.
But, uhh... isn't "anti-hero" same as "villain"? (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm sure I know what you mean, though. Mewtwo is more of not caring which should he side with, he's not friendly to anybody and always hide in cave and soar over the city during night time.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I read your thoughts. I wrote a response though. I can find it again. Here... (it was post 8118 for context)

Actually it would be better to have his Awakened form as a Final Smash. I mean that is essentially how she uses in the movie as far as I am aware. That would be like only having Sheik because she is more powerful. Why can we even change back to Zelda? It isn't a relevant argument in my opinion. The point of bringing back the character is too PLEASE THE FANS. They aren't just putting him in because he is current. It is obviously a contributing factor of course. I think you are forgetting that Mewtwo is a Smash veteran. So completely replacing him would piss of more than the butt-hurt Gen 1 fans. It would also disappoint Smash fans. This is a smash game.

That would be like putting ssj3 Goku in the game without having Goku... it doesn't make sense.

Anyways. I thought you mean't Blue from the Manga. Not the game character. I guess in Murica she was renamed because of the game. I just stick with her original name though.
Oh right, there's Pokemon Adventures by Kusaka and the one by Anakubo. I bet there are some Clefairy fans out there that wish the anime had followed the Anakubo model (which it almost did).

I'm more concerned about the in game mechanics over the movie. From the trailer for the game, I just saw it attacking, no transformation. (This is all speculation), considering how the player fought him in red and blue and fire red and leaf green, I expect to catch it the same way. I can't imagine there being a move that Mewtwo uses to transform, because it would always have to have it, their are only four move slots, and it could not have it replaced. So in short, I expect to find it and battle it in awakened form exclusively in the X and Y. Should the game involve some transformation in battle, then I would complete be good with that in Smash. Should the transformation occur as part of the story, I would prefer that it remains in awakened form if you battle and catch it in awakened form.

I know everyone says Medusa. Once I actually watched Kid Icarus: Uprising I figured out that she wasn't nearly as likely as everyone was letting on. Viridi or Hades are WAY more likely. I actually became a huge Hades fan. His design is really unique too. So he has that going for him.
Medusa is much more classic to me. I remember reading about her in Nintendo Power back in the day. I could never get through KI as a kid at all, but she was so prominently remembered as the series villain. She and the eggplant wizard. I don't think Vridi is more likely since her ties to the original, but I can see Hades being more likely. She still figures very prominently in KI:U, so I don't think she's that much of a long shot. She is still the original final boss.

Hades would work better for me as a boss and a codec type of part for the KI stage.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It could be argued that Genesect is now more of a villain while Mewtwo has become something of an anti-hero.
Mewtwo has been an anti-hero for a long time. In fact, the only time he was an antagonist was in Mewtwo: Strikes Back, discounting the mirage Mewtwo.

Morbi

Scavenger
... *looks at avatar.... *looks at sig...

Really? People really want Genesect?! Really?! That is the first time I have seen that request. Props to you, props to you. Anyway, villain is easier to type than anti-hero. Most people label popular anti-heroes like Lobo or Deathstroke as villain or Catwoman as hero. It doesn't really make any sense to me. So I just threw him in the villain slot because I love talking about him.

Wasn't it something objectivism with anagrams of the name of some dude all over?
I wouldn't mind a third KI rep. Not at all.

Oh right, there's Pokemon Adventures by Kusaka and the one by Anakubo. I bet there are some Clefairy fans out there that wish the anime had followed the Anakubo model (which it almost did).

I'm more concerned about the in game mechanics over the movie. From the trailer for the game, I just saw it attacking, no transformation. (This is all speculation), considering how the player fought him in red and blue and fire red and leaf green, I expect to catch it the same way. I can't imagine there being a move that Mewtwo uses to transform, because it would always have to have it, their are only four move slots, and it could not have it replaced. So in short, I expect to find it and battle it in awakened form exclusively in the X and Y. Should the game involve some transformation in battle, then I would complete be good with that in Smash. Should the transformation occur as part of the story, I would prefer that it remains in awakened form if you battle and catch it in awakened form.

Medusa is much more classic to me. I remember reading about her in Nintendo Power back in the day. I could never get through KI as a kid at all, but she was so prominently remembered as the series villain. She and the eggplant wizard. I don't think Vridi is more likely since her ties to the original, but I can see Hades being more likely. She still figures very prominently in KI:U, so I don't think she's that much of a long shot. She is still the original final boss.

Hades would work better for me as a boss and a codec type of part for the KI stage.
Yeah. I guess I see your point. I would obviously just prefer Mewtwo in his original form.

As for Medusa... yeah. I kind of said that without knowing anything about classic Kid Icarus. I only have Uprising to work with. Now I see where people are going with that. Oops. :awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Give Kid Icarus three reps while only having famous series' like Metroid having only one and Donkey Kong possibly still being stuck with two? That's horrible representation.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I really wouldn't consider Mewtwo a villain. o.O But dangit I forgot Ridley. I didn't include Wolf in mine as he has already been in at least 1 Smash game. But yea I want him back to. lol
Like most villains in games, being popular turns him into an anti-hero. But in Melee he is considered a villain. He's a part of Event 51 "The Showdown" along with Ganondorf and Gigas Bowser. Until I see him in game become an anti-hero, he'll still be a full villain to me.

Villains:
Black Knight: Ike
Grima: Lucina or Chrom
Medusa: Pit
King Hippo or Bald Bull: Little Mac
Sturm: Sami

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
But, uhh... isn't "anti-hero" same as "villain"? (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm sure I know what you mean, though. Mewtwo is more of not caring which should he side with, he's not friendly to anybody and always hide in cave and soar over the city during night time.
Villains are evil or have evil ambition. Anti heroes go against the protagonist, but may not have evil intentions. Think Shadow the Hedgehog or even Bass.

Give Kid Icarus three reps while only having famous series' like Metroid having only one and Donkey Kong possibly still being stuck with two? That's horrible representation.
We got two more kirby reps and have yet to get another Metroid one, so its not that unlikely.

Morbi

Scavenger
Palutena, Hades, Ridley, and Dixie Kong should be an even steven to me. (ZSS counts as another Metroid character)
I never thought of Zero-suit as a different character. Especially because they are in the same slot and you cannot transform at will. You make a good point though.

As for Dixie over K. Rool? Maybe if they replace Diddy. I think she would make a better costume. She is pretty much Diddy with a pony-tail in terms of physical design. I am probably being hypocritical though. I want Dr. Mario...

Palutena and Hades in the game would make me so happy though.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Villains are evil or have evil ambition. Anti heroes go against the protagonist, but may not have evil intentions. Think Shadow the Hedgehog or even Bass.
Villains (or antagonists can be generally better for video games) are the individuals who go against or prevent the goals of the protagonists. And an anti-hero is a protagonist (or person on your side in a video game) who doesn't display the typical heroic qualities, and blurs the line between villain and hero.
Wario is great example of a villain turned anti-hero. Technically, if you first appear as a villain and then get your own game, you usually end up as an anti-hero/

Metroid doesn't have more reps because there aren't many other viable playable characters other than Samus, and for whatever reason they choose not to include its villains. Donkey Kong could also see another rep this game, so I don't think there would be anything wrong with KI getting three.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Villains (or antagonists can be generally better for video games) are the individuals who go against or prevent the goals of the protagonists. And an anti-hero is a protagonist (or person on your side in a video game) who doesn't display the typical heroic qualities, and blurs the line between villain and hero.
Wario is great example of a villain turned anti-hero. Technically, if you first appear as a villain and then get your own game, you usually end up as an anti-hero/

Metroid doesn't have more reps because there aren't many other viable playable characters other than Samus, and for whatever reason they choose not to include its villains. Donkey Kong could also see another rep this game, so I don't think there would be anything wrong with KI getting three.
This.

Except that I doubt we'll be seeing +2 reps from KI just for SSB4. That isn't normal increment...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After reading a lot of this...

I can honestly say that a good portion of you regardless of what side you are on, don't know what you are talking about.

It's not hilarious anymore. It's depressing.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Dixie is more likely at this point (Becuz TF, you heard it before), that's why it's Dixie Kong instead of K. Rool.
A recent appearance shouldn't mean anything. King K.Rool is still overall much more important to the DK franchise is much more deserving of a spot in the game rather than Diddy Kong dressing in drag.

Morbi

Scavenger

I can honestly say that a good portion of you regardless of what side you are on, don't know what you are talking about.

In terms of? You are going to need to elaborate or specify. We don't know what you are talking about if you just insert yourself in the conversation without any reference to what it is you are complaining about. Do you mean just in general people don't know who will be on the roster? That is given. Hence why it is a speculative thread.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If KI gets 3 reps it needs to be Pit, Palutena, and Magnes. Hades would be cool and all as a character, but he would be limited to taunts for his talking bits and I just don't like that. He would be better as a stage prop constantly talking during the battle on how bad you are fighting and bla bla while cau8sing havoc on the stage, same goes for Viridi dedpite my love for her I would rather have her as a stage prop with her god like (literally) dialoug constantly going off. It would just fit them so much better then having to be limited to taunts.......

Morbi

Scavenger
If KI gets 3 reps it needs to be Pit, Palutena, and Magnes. Hades would be cool and all as a character, but he would be limited to taunts for his talking bits and I just don't like that. He would be better as a stage prop constantly talking during the battle on how bad you are fighting and bla bla while cau8sing havoc on the stage, same goes for Viridi dedpite my love for her I would rather have her as a stage prop with her god like (literally) dialoug constantly going off. It would just fit them so much better then having to be limited to taunts.......
I see what you are saying. Personally I want them to bring back Codec calls but using Pit and the gods. It would be hilarious.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I would love to have Magnus in the game, but the problem is that no matter how cool he is, he's just another big guy with a big sword, and we've already got Fire Emblem characters who fit that role. Palutena is the most likely rep, but there's also Hades, Medusa, and Dark Pit to consider. Dark Pit I find the least likely because Pit can literally do everything he does, so he'll probably stay an alternate color.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Keep Dark Pit out of the roster but, for the love of Arceus, please include his theme:
Embarrass*Spanish guitars*

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Do you agree?
Tom Nook I'm not sure would work as a fighter, though it would be funny. I'd prefer Geno over Pac-Man, (here's hoping,) and I'm iffy about the Miis. But I'd definitely be fine having any of those characters in Smash, especially Starfy, Ridley, Little Mac, and Mewtwo.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Do you agree that these could be the newcomers?
I've already stated why I don't Hades as a playable character. It just wouldn't protray him good enough to me.

AC should only start with 1 rep I think.

No opinion on Starfy or Takamaru.

I honstly don't think bringing back already cut characters is that likely, but if Mewtwo does comeback it will be in his new form with new moves so he doesn't feel like a returning veteran.

Rest I can agree with.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
This.

Except that I doubt we'll be seeing +2 reps from KI just for SSB4. That isn't normal increment...
Right, that works against KI. But Kirby got two as well, so its not out of the realm of possibility.

No one knows what they are talking about except Sakurai.

These conversation seem to be a mix of prediction and ideal character discussion. Which honestly is more fun.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Keep Dark Pit out of the roster but, for the love of Arceus, please include his theme:
Embarrass*Spanish guitars*
It's okay...but to me...Magnus' theme dwarfs it.

It just feels more powerful, more moving, and is a good musical re-enactment of Magnus' character, willing to fight to the end no matter what comes his way, even if he's just a human. Not to mention the middle part with the chorus...beautiful.

Morbi

Scavenger
No... Tom Nook would be cool... but we got a murderous ax murderer instead.

Dixie... No... Diddy in drag isn't cool. Sakurai intended for her to be WITH Diddy. Not as a stand alone character. Not to mention a ton of people want K. Rool over her.

Palutena and Hades= Orgasm.

Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mewtwo seem pretty given too me.

The other ones are decent predictions. They don't necessarily hold much validity. However, they are likely potential characters.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Open your conscious:
Think of Brawl Ganondorf on his stand pose on any stage.
Then reimage him into Hades, and I see a really fun character to play as.
Hades is nothing like Ganondorf. .-.

Hades needs lots and lots of dialouge imo. Hades without his dialouge just isn't Hades to me. Which is why I would prefer him, and Viridi, as a stage prop so I can listen to the best commentary ever.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hades is nothing like Ganondorf. .-.

Hades needs lots and lots of dialouge imo. Hades without his dialouge just isn't Hades to me. Which is why I would prefer him, and Viridi, as a stage prop so I can listen to the best commentary ever.
Well make him really fun with his actions and moves like Toon Link. :p

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If that was the rest of our newcomers? I'd be happy. Though there's others I want... Isaac/K rool etc... I could live with this. Also Sakurai's strange enough to give us villager AND nook diddy AND dixie over K. rool, he's just odd like that sometimes. Personally though I'd drop Nook and Hades for other series getting reps but I wouldn't be mad at their inclusion.

Honestly I just need Mac, no really horrible cuts(sonic, snake, or pokemon trainer for example would be bad cuts out of the possible "cutable" characters in my opinion), and a decent variety of characters for the rest of the newcomers and I'm happy. All I want is the brawl roster I wished we got which imo just needed like 4-5 more characters: another 3rd party (megaman/geno), an animal crossing rep, little mac, and any combination of ridley/k. rool/waluigi/krystal/Isaac/saki and it would have been perfect... so that is all I am hoping for this time around.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well make him really fun with his actions and moves like Toon Link. :p
Again, you are comparing apples to oranges. Tonn Link, if I am not mistaken, never talks or rarely talks. Hades is nothing but Dialouge, he thrives on it. If you have Hades as a playable character and thus limiting him to taunts... It jsut doesn't show him off good.... Hades needs his dialouge. If it weren't for Hades dialouge he probably wouldn't be as liked as he is. Which is why he would do better as a stage prop with constant dialouge as it captures his essence better to me. But thats jsut how I feel about him. And Hades is my 2nd fave character from KIU but I just don't think him as a playable character in Smash would fit him...

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It's okay...but to me...Magnus' theme dwarfs it.

It just feels more powerful, more moving, and is a good musical re-enactment of Magnus' character, willing to fight to the end no matter what comes his way, even if he's just a human. Not to mention the middle part with the chorus...beautiful.
While we're listing great songs from Uprising to include in this game, why not throw in a couple more, hmm?

And... why not.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
While we're listing great songs from Uprising to include in this game, why not throw in a couple more, hmm?
You missed quite possibly the best song in the game:

It's so upbeat, so fast, perfect fighting music. And I'm not gonna lie...beating the living crap out of Pit with this music playing as Magnus was great. No seriously though, I love Pit, but he had some seriously spammable moves in Brawl, and what's better than getting him back by beating in his skull with a huge sword?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd like to go with no on this one.

Where are you basing all of these on anyway?
What's likely right now since recent announcements (Dixie Kong and Mewtwo)
What characters deserve to be in Smash after their popularity rose (Little Mac, Starfy)
Extreme popularity of a franchise (Tom Nook, Chrom, Palutena, Hades)
Most recommended characters for a certain category; could be based on many things (Takamaru, Ridley)

And the rest here are basically because:
Miis are most likely the customization here. If it they were not based on customization, their inclusion is (personally) useless.
Pac-Man is probably the most likely 3rd Party character after Megaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom