• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
SO Noah set him self up for a permaban? Not surprised.

Anyway, 5 is not an even number, Noah.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think Sakurai and company put fan rage over their artisitic version. I think the best argument for Mewtwo is in its increases relevance to the Pokemon company due to new its form, and for the Pokemon company to suggest it to Sakurai. Transforming back would not have a real difference, since they are both the same type and share the same moves. The new form is also probably more powerful, hence awakened. So it would not transform back into its less powerful version.

Easy way to placate fans: generation 1 form costume as DLC.
Actually it would be better to have his Awakened form as a Final Smash. I mean that is essentially how she uses in the movie as far as I am aware. That would be like only having Sheik because she is more powerful. Why can we even change back to Zelda? It isn't a relevant argument in my opinion. The point of bringing back the character is too PLEASE THE FANS. They aren't just putting him in because he is current. It is obviously a contributing factor of course. I think you are forgetting that Mewtwo is a Smash veteran. So completely replacing him would piss of more than the butt-hurt Gen 1 fans. It would also disappoint Smash fans. This is a smash game.

That would be like putting ssj3 Goku in the game without having Goku... it doesn't make sense.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Damn, this thread is making me puke my lunch and it's been 5 hours already!

Character resizing is NOT an issue. Olimar is minuscule, yet has an average size in Brawl.
Pikachu's canon size is 0.4 m / 1'04" tall, yet he's clearly much bigger than that in Brawl.
Then again as I've said before, resizing Olimar is not an issue due to the fact that his games' perspective is intended to make it feel as if Olimar is normal sized the world around him is big. So making him "bigger" is not an issue because to the player, visually, he was always that size. The same can't be said for Ridley.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Then again as I've said before, resizing Olimar is not an issue due to the fact that his games' perspective is intended to make it feel as if Olimar is normal sized the world around him is big. So making him "bigger" is not an issue because to the player, visually, he was always that size. The same can't be said for Ridley.
Explain Pikachu, Charizard and Bowser, then.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Except that once again, you find the head of a ROB, a battery, an orange, and other things in Pikmin 2, showing Olimar's canon size. Why must people ignore this?

Morbi

Scavenger
Actually it would be better to have his Awakened form as a Final Smash. I mean that is essentially how she uses in the movie as far as I am aware. That would be like only having Sheik because she is more powerful. Why can we even change back to Zelda? It isn't a relevant argument in my opinion. The point of bringing back the character is too PLEASE THE FANS. They aren't just putting him in because he is current. It is obviously a contributing factor of course. I think you are forgetting that Mewtwo is a Smash veteran. So completely replacing him would piss of more than the butt-hurt Gen 1 fans. It would also disappoint Smash fans. This is a smash game.

That would be like putting ssj3 Goku in the game without having Goku... it doesn't make sense.
But MorbidAltruism! Goku is pretty much confirmed! Don't you know that Majin Mewbuu is really the successful fusion of Frieza and Superbuu?! Gosh!

I would be beyond surprised if Goku (Lucario) didn't return. Pokemon is now repping DBZ and every other Anime!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yes, because while I know the world around Olimar is huge, since when were Bulborbs the size of buildings?

The last time I checked, Olimar's size comparison to a bulborb is NOT that drastic. That Bulborb dwarfs even Emperor Bulbax.

Not even the Titan Dweevil is that big!

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes, because while I know the world around Olimar is huge, since when were Bulborbs the size of buildings?

The last time I checked, Olimar's size comparison to a bulborb is NOT that drastic. That Bulborb dwarfs even Emperor Bulbax.

Not even the Titan Dweevil is that big!
Last time I checked? Both of these franchises were video games... Not attacking you or anything. I know you are cool Mewtwo buddy. I just don't know why everyone thinks this **** is serious business.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm not sure myself, but I think it has to do with ranting about incredibly uncared for and obscure characters or something like that. :ohwell:
Ugh, say no more. I mean, I enjoy obscure additions as much as anyone, but I wouldn't rub it in people's faces. You don't see me ranting on here about a Kingdom Hearts character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For the <insert absurdly huge number here>th time, size is NOT an issue. Get that on your heads.

Size means absolutely nothing. I've kicked the same dead horse for so long, I got my feet covered in rotting flesh and blood.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't think Roy is the most wanted FE character, as Ike outranks him in the most recent Shortie poll. Roy is smash veteran so I don't put him in the same category other FE newcomers.
They are in Awakening as DLC and optional downloadable characters, so that really wouldn't be representing the in game product. I think the fact that there is an Arena Ferox stage speaks in the characters favor of an Awakening based rep. I know its only been shown as a 3DS stage but its entirely possible that portable focused characters will get there stages in 3DS version, and console based characters get their stage in the console version (Like Ike). Those who exist in both get both (like Marth). I think this will apply to most series and characters. And only two of the possible FE lords fight in Arena Ferox.
Well I wasn't comparing him to the other Veterans.
To be fair, we've had stages before that didn't exactly favor a specific character from a franchise. I mean we had Delfino Plaza without Bowser Junior. Hanenbow, Smashville, Pictochat without a character from their respective franchises. We might not get a Nintendog now that we have a Nintendog stage. A stage doesn't confirm anything. The Spirit Train stage and Sakurai stating that no cuts have been made prove that.
I don't think Sakurai and company put fan rage over their artisitic version. I think the best argument for Mewtwo is in its increases relevance to the Pokemon company due to new its form, and for the Pokemon company to suggest it to Sakurai. Transforming back would not have a real difference, since they are both the same type and share the same moves. The new form is also probably more powerful, hence awakened. So it would not transform back into its less powerful version.
Easy way to placate fans: generation 1 form costume as DLC.
Well we don't know that yet, so it isn't safe to make assumptions just yet.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ugh, say no more. I mean, I enjoy obscure additions as much as anyone, but I wouldn't rub it in people's faces. You don't see me ranting on here about a Kingdom Hearts character.
I know we both took a lot of flak. Noah and I were debating the viability of Skull-Kid. People were getting infuriated for whatever reason.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Last time I checked? Both of these franchises were video games... Not attacking you or anything. I know you are cool Mewtwo buddy. I just don't know why everyone thinks this **** is serious business.
I know, it's just that it feels weird that people are saying Olimar is properly sized and Ridley is too big...yet they made the bulborb, your average goomba enemy, the size of a building. Logic does not make this it this is making language go fuzzy...it's just weird.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Except that once again, you find the head of a ROB, a battery, an orange, and other things in Pikmin 2, showing Olimar's canon size. Why must people ignore this?

I just assume its that some people haven't played Pikmin. Or they have some kind of blind hate for Ridley. Ignoring the size differences Bowser has in most games, is a different story though.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I was explaining why the newcomer got in sir. Not why a veteran got out prioritized.

Mewtwo's case is different. He would not have received the axe if given more time.
If the sole determining factors for Pokemon reps are popularity and relevance to the series in the long run, then there's no reason for Lucario to have been prioritized while Mewtwo was not. Hence, there were other factors at play as well.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So, how about we just steer away from all of this negative arguing? It doesn't look like Noah is on here right now. New topic before he gets back..

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
New topic...new topic...let's talk about someone fabulous!

I certainly wouldn't mind the inclusion of a character with more personality and character than most of the cast of the game put together. (minus Midna) Also, am I the only one who finds SS Zelda adorable?

Morbi

Scavenger
How does everyone feel about getting a new Dragon Ball Z character? Does Majin Mewbuu's (Newtwo) inclusion hurt Goku's (Lucario) chances? Or does it only imminently confirm that Goku will indeed be playable to face his greatest enemy?!

Background Story: In Hell Frieza and Superbuu schemed a plan to take out Goku. Superbuu... with his FABULOUS memory replicated the fusion dance. Together they danced like beautiful ballerinas until the fusion succeeded. The sheer power broke the barriers to Hell and Majin Mewbuu was on his way to defeat the master of aura.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Because it does not change the fact that the world is intended to look big visually. Honestly if you took a glance a Pikmin 1 you wouldn't even be able to tell. They put those collectibles to hint at that and be of a suprise to the player. Just because you see the object doesn't automatically alter your thinking due to what the game has already presented to you.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
New topic...new topic...let's talk about someone fabulous!

I certainly wouldn't mind the inclusion of a character with more personality and character than most of the cast of the game put together. (minus Midna) Also, am I the only one who finds SS Zelda adorable?
To be honest, predictions aside, I would LOVE for Ghirahim to be playable. He'd stick out his tongue and flick it when he taunts.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Why do you suppose Ridley was not playable in Brawl and what has changed since then besides a bit more fan support than he had for Brawl?

No matter how many fans want it, I'm not convinced Ridley will be playable.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I love you so much. You have Zelda redesigned. XoXoXo.

Maybe you added too many LoZ characters though. I mean with Toon Zelda/Tetra and Ghirihim.. without cutting Toon Link? It just seems a little crowded.

I am not a big fan of Shulk... so no comment.

Geno? Yeah. I have my doubts.

Gotta pick between Paper Mario, Waluigi or Baby/Bowser Jr. I doubt we will be getting all 3. Most people don't want another Mario rep in the first place. I think Paper Mario is a little lame personally. I mean I don't really want 3 Mario's in the roster if they decided to bring back the good doctor.
...God DAMN IT, stop speaking sense!

*sigh* Fine. Here's my "slightly more likely" roster.

Slightly More Likely Roster.png

The main differences with this one are I removed Waluigi, Toon Link, Toon Zelda + Shiek, Shulk, (I haven't played Xenoblade either, I just put him in because it seemed likely and lots of people want him,) and Snake, who I see likely as the 3rd party who will be removed. I'm sticking by Geno and Paper Mario though; Paper Mario definitely has enough diversity to be a FAR different character than regular Mario, (partners, Pixls, Hammer, ability to use paper transformations, paperize, etc.), and Geno I just really want in. Hey, he's at least had ONE cameo in Superstar Saga, he might come back. Also, Brawl has a full remixed version of "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" sitting unused in the coding, 100% completed and able to be listened to. Take of that what you will.

Why do you suppose Ridley was not playable in Brawl and what has changed since then besides a bit more fan support than he had for Brawl?

Charizard wasn't playable in Melee. Olimar is the size of a quarter, and Pikachu's a foot tall. Bing, bang, boom.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because it does not change the fact that the world is intended to look big visually. Honestly if you took a glance a Pikmin 1 you wouldn't even be able to tell. They put those collectibles to hint a that and be of a suprise to the player. Just because you see the object doesn't automatically alter your thinking due to what the game has already presented to you.

They tell you right in the damn manual that Olimar's only the size of a quarter...

Morbi

Scavenger
Also, am I the only one who finds SS Zelda adorable?
No. I am like her number one supporter. She is ALL I really care about. If she gets in the game I don't even care about Newcomers or who gets cut. I have actually taken a lot of **** for it too. Diddy Kong made everyone hate Impa. However, Impa is a practical addition if we were to get SS Zelda. I am actually more of a Sheik fan. I just think she would fit with SS Zelda a lot more. Anyways, SS Zelda is the first Zelda I have actually WANTED to save. So I really, really, really hope she gets her redesign.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

ENOUGH WITH THE RIDLEY CONVERSATIONS!

To be honest, predictions aside, I would LOVE for Ghirahim to be playable. He'd stick out his tongue and flick it when he taunts.
Same here. He's got something the characters of LoZ don't have...aside from a personality...he has the flare, the incredible likeability, and if we could get just one character to represent Skyward Sword...I'd love to play as Ghirahim.
Ghirahim really is just Skyward Sword's Zant though. He isn't really that important enough to add into the game.
And it's too bad...I loved Zant as a character, but Ghirahim just seems more special in my eye. I mean...he just has the sense of overall pride and flare that Zant lacked. Zant was just pretending to be something he wasn't...Ghirahim however...he's exactly as he's portrayed as. Content, looney, and of course...fabulous.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
They tell you right in the damn manual that Olimar's only the size of a quarter...
It's the presentation. The point it that he is the size of the quarter, the the game is trying to make the player feel small in a huge world giving them the feel that their size is normal in comparison. Ridley is just big for the sake of being big, no twists or gimmicks involved.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's the presentation. The point it that he is the size of the quarter, the the game is trying to make the player feel small in a huge world giving them the feel that their size is normal in comparison. Ridley is just big for the sake of being big, no twists or gimmicks involved.

And yet he's still canonically small. He was resized for Brawl. Ridley can be resized as well. Being large was never Ridley's defining characteristic. That would be Kraid.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
ENOUGH WITH THE RIDLEY CONVERSATIONS!

Same here. He's got something the characters of LoZ don't have...aside from a personality...he has the flare, the incredible likeability, and if we could get just one character to represent Skyward Sword...I'd love to play as Ghirahim.

And it's too bad...I loved Zant as a character, but Ghirahim just seems more special in my eye. I mean...he just has the sense of overall pride and flare that Zant lacked. Zant was just pretending to be something he wasn't...Ghirahim however...he's exactly as he's portrayed as. Content, looney, and of course...fabulous.
All of this. I don't find Ghirahim incredibly likely, but he would definitely be one of the more... unique. Besides, how funny would a battle between Ganondorf and the fabulously fabulous Ghirahim be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom