• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley could be downsized based on Melee's intro but now he's S.O.L. once he's oversized in SSE. It would be awkward to down-size Ridley and make him playable when he was a over-sized boss in SSB4's predecessor.
They did it just fine for Charizard.

He was a lot bigger as a pokeball pokemon. Having a character change size is not unheard of.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry I somehow remember him saying there WILL be cuts but maybe I remember wrong!

Ridley could be downsized based on Melee's intro but now he's S.O.L. once he's oversized in SSE. It would be awkward to down-size Ridley and make him playable when he was a over-sized boss in SSB4's predecessor.

Why is Ridley a Slice of Life again?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Sorry I somehow remember him saying there WILL be cuts but maybe I remember wrong!

Oh, you mean the Dyna Blade fight that featured a Ridley skin that couldn't even stay the same size between cutscenes? Oh yeah, totally, can't resize him at all.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Also here is my next in my series of super ultra smash brothers roster guessing yeeaaaaaaaaaah!!1!!1!

49 Characters in total.
Not what I'm hoping for, but what I find realistic. However Shulk can be swapped out for Lucario and Random can be replaced by Bowser Junior if we aren't getting any cuts, but in turn we lose Mewtwo's original forme.

54 Characters here and this, for the most part, is what I'm hoping for.
Dillon can be swapped with another unrepresented Nintendo franchise, perhaps Starfy or an Advance Wars character. Dillon is just my preference.
feelsignoredman

Do I sound less crazy if I mentioned that the 49 and 54 characters includes the transformations that are visible on the bottom of both rosters (meaning 44 characters in the smaller version and 49 in the bigger one)?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I knew it. A lot of objections going on here about Ridley being too big.

I'll list out reasons why him as playable isn't possible:
-Big, requires excessive down-sizing (srsly?)
-Was boss in SSE
-WTF fast moves when mashing buttons
-Gotta sit so he don't appear to fly (if he can fly continuously, he can fly up higher forever)
-I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
feelsignoredman

Do I sound less crazy if I mentioned that the 49 and 54 characters includes the transformations that are visible on the bottom of both rosters (meaning 44 characters in the smaller version and 49 in the bigger one)?
The only thing I have an issue with is no FE: Awakening character, that's my only pet peeve with that roster. Other than that, I think it's fine. Oh...wait...I think there are alot more important characters to be included over Dillon. Sorry. Also, adding Ghirahim to even out the LoZ slot could be good.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
feelsignoredman

I dont think Mewtwo will be listed in his new form and transforms back into his old one. Its either all new or old and transform into new.

about the same as my roster choices in the firstone, other than the third FE rep being in the realistic roster, and it being an awakening rep regardless. although i dont really see dillon unless the want to represent eshop games.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I knew it. A lot of objections going on here about Ridley being too big.

I'll list out reasons why him as playable isn't possible:
-Big, requires excessive down-sizing (srsly?)
-Was boss in SSE
-WTF fast moves when mashing buttons
-Gotta sit so he don't appear to fly (if he can fly continuously, he can fly up higher forever)
-I don't want to live on this planet anymore
-The same goes for Bowser...and the opposite for Olimar which was even more extreme
-He wasn't even the right proportionate size in either fight. That and he was just a Dyna Blade in a Ridley Skin that fought almost nothing like Ridley
- There are super-fast characters that have been toned down before...*Cough* Mewtwo *Cough*
-
- The next shuttle leaves in five minutes.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
On the topic of Ridley, I have a question for anybody:

IF Ridley does not make the cut again, will anyone pretty much give up on him? Personally, if we don't see him in this one, I feel like I'll stop supporting him for the next games.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

IF Ridley does not make the cut again, will anyone pretty much give up on him? Personally, if we don't see him in this one, I feel like I'll stop supporting him for the next games.

Honestly, in my opinion, it's now or never for Ridley, and a lot of other newcomers, as well. The pool of potential playables is pitiful. He has almost no other big (haha) names standing in his way. If Sakurai doesn't put him in now, I don't think he ever will, sadly. That being said, I think he's one of this game's most likely newcomers.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Oh no way, never gonna stop. Personally, I can easily see him being DLC if not part of the main roster. There's very little standing against Ridley to get in, especially since he's nowhere near as hard to implement as a character like Pokemon Trainer or Ice Climbers.

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
I agree with most of what you're saying, but wasn't one of the main reasons Lucario was chosen recency? It IS a factor when considering a character. Not the most important or the deciding one but still.

Absolutely NOT. Lucario was SO popular among Poke'mon fans. Heck he even had his own Movie

Not a lot to gripe with here. Other than the lack of King K. Rool, I'd be okay with this.

49 Characters in total.
Not what I'm hoping for, but what I find realistic. However Shulk can be swapped out for Lucario and Random can be replaced by Bowser Junior if we aren't getting any cuts, but in turn we lose Mewtwo's original forme.

54 Characters here and this, for the most part, is what I'm hoping for.
Dillon can be swapped with another unrepresented Nintendo franchise, perhaps Starfy or an Advance Wars character. Dillon is just my preference.
Okay, Dillon should already be replaced with Starfy. I know I'm not Sakurai, but I wouldn't even think twice when saying "Dillon will NOT be a playable character"

Also, there isn't going to be OOT Ganondorf, and there isn't going to be SS Zelda.

As for the alternate forms: I find it very likely that Dry Bowser will be an alternate form and that you should have him under your list like I did. Also Mewtwo transforming into Neomew. I have said this several times before:

What is the point in Mewtwo transforming into something that is

A: Similar in appearance AND attacks as well as power

or

B: More powerful (Meaning you'd NEVER want to play as the original Mewtwo.)

Mewtwo transforming is 100% Pointless.

Also if you have 49.............why not 50????

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Can we step away from the Ridley conversations? From what I've seen, they never go anywhere and always end up with someone yelling "He's too big!" which causes the masses to facepalm and prove said person wrong, yadda yadda yadda.

For something else...I think I should redesign this video with new choices...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The only thing I have an issue with is no FE: Awakening character, that's my only pet peeve with that roster. Other than that, I think it's fine. Oh...wait...I think there are alot more important characters to be included over Dillon. Sorry. Also, adding Ghirahim to even out the LoZ slot could be good.
- Despite it's success, a new game does not confirm a new character. That being said, I think Roy really is the most wanted FE Character, or at least a lot of things seem to point to that. Also all three of these Fire Emblem characters are in Awakening so it still does get represented, technically speaking.
- New LoZ character is unnecessary though, as stated before nobody needs to be added and I honestly don't think we'll see a new one.
- A lot more important characters? Would you mind elaborating some you would suggest?

Also don't take this personally but, do I sense some sort of hostility in that comment relating Dillon? It probably isn't, but it's hard to tell because of how you can't really tell the way people type things.
I dont think Mewtwo will be listed in his new form and transforms back into his old one. Its either all new or old and transform into new.

about the same as my roster choices in the firstone, other than the third FE rep being in the realistic roster, and it being an awakening rep regardless. although i dont really see dillon unless the want to represent eshop games.
- I think that large fan rage can and will occur if he is exclusively his "Awakened" forme. So allowing him to interchange would be best in general I think, but I do see the new forme taking priority.
- I've thought that representing downloadable Nintendo titles would be nice. Since they didn't really exist prior to Brawl.
- I mentioned my stance on Fire Emblem characters towards Hotfeet444.

Okay, Dillon should already be replaced with Starfy. I know I'm not Sakurai, but I wouldn't even think twice when saying "Dillon will NOT be a playable character"

Also, there isn't going to be OOT Ganondorf, and there isn't going to be SS Zelda.

As for the alternate forms: I find it very likely that Dry Bowser will be an alternate form and that you should have him under your list like I did. Also Mewtwo transforming into Neomew. I have said this several times before:

What is the point in Mewtwo transforming into something that is

A: Similar in appearance AND attacks as well as power

or

B: More powerful (Meaning you'd NEVER want to play as the original Mewtwo.)

Mewtwo transforming is 100% Pointless.

Also if you have 49.............why not 50????
- I already said, in that post you quoted, that Dillon is interchangeable with any other non represented Nintendo character, Dillon is my preference because I think representing the eShop would be cool.

- Noah, I don't know why I have to explain this to you, again.

It's

just

a

piece

of

artwork.

- Why would Dry Bowser be a transformable character. Costume would be okay but Sakurai said that he wasn't adding costumes.
- Do you even know what Newtwo is even capable of? We literally know practically nothing about it as of right now, unless you somehow work for the Pokemon Company which is something I highly doubt. I won't even comment about how you think appearance matters in this situation, which it does not. What even suggests that it's more powerful than Mewtwo's regular forme? Nothing can be truly confirmed until late October when we actually find out what abilities it actually has.
- Brawl had 34 characters, 38 if you count Sheik, ZSS, Ivysaur, and Charizard. It doesn't have to be a round number, because it hasn't been one before.

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
Actually the reason I think Ridley is a weird choice for a character is:

1. Downsizing him is NOT like downsizing Bowser. He is WAY bigger than that. It's like if you wanted to make Petey Piranha a playable character. Regardless of not being as big as some characters are suppose to be, him being that size just doesn't work.

2. Ridley being a boss in SSE would make it all the more awkward for him to be a playable character. It shows "his place" as an opponent. He's not on the same level as others.

3. Unlike Mewtwo, Ganondorf, or Bowser. Bowser & Ganondorf are in forms where they clearly you could be taken on by Link or Mario. As for Mewtwo, despite being so powerful, he is still somebody who can be taken on by other smash characters. (however we all found it awkward having a Pichu beat the crap out of him.) But, we all know there were mistakes made in the roster for SSBM. Ganondorf's 1st Boss Fight in OOT is not the form and power he has 24/7 where as Ridley is ALWAYS this way.

4.Having Samus grapple beaming Ridley and punching him and kicking him the way she would any Smash opponent is again awkward and does NOT represent Ridley the way he is in the game.

Having Olimar beat up Ganondorf DOES make more sense because we don't see how both characters are matched up in LOZ (because Olimar is not in it.) So there is no proof that Olimar couldn't take on Ganondorf (except of course SSB) But, the WAY Samus takes on Ridley is not the way she would a normal Smash rep.

You can still do things to Mewtwo and Ganondorf that you could do to other Smash reps, but not Ridley. That's why he was a boss and not a playable character.

I think Ridley being a Boss in SSE kind of makes it clear why Sakurai isn't going to make him a playable character. Should we just forget what it took for Pikachu and Samus to fight Ridley and just make him into something he's NOT. It's almost a disgrace to Ridley and again does not represent RIdley as he is in Metroid OR Super Smash Brothers at all.

Again having Ridley is sort of like having Andross or Petey Piranha. You can downsize anybody, but you are falsely representing the character.

In fact I think I might take Ridley off of my roster.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

1. Downsizing him is NOT like downsizing Bowser. He is WAY bigger than that. It's like if you wanted to make Petey Piranha a playable character. Regardless of not being as big as some characters are suppose to be, him being that size just doesn't work.

2. Ridley being a boss in SSE would make it all the more awkward for him to be a playable character. It shows "his place" as an opponent. He's not on the same level as others.

3. Unlike Mewtwo, Ganondorf, or Bowser. Bowser & Ganondorf are in forms where they clearly you could be taken on by Link or Mario. As for Mewtwo, despite being so powerful, he is still somebody who can be taken on by other smash characters. (however we all found it awkward having a Pichu beat the crap out of him.) But, we all know there were mistakes made in the roster for SSBM. Ganondorf's 1st Boss Fight in OOT is not the form and power he has 24/7 where as Ridley is ALWAYS this way.

4.Having Samus grapple beaming Ridley and punching him and kicking him the way she would any Smash opponent is again awkward and does NOT represent Ridley the way he is in the game.

Having Olimar beat up Ganondorf DOES make more sense because we don't see how both characters are matched up in LOZ (because Olimar is not in it.) So there is no proof that Olimar couldn't take on Ganondorf (except of course SSB) But, the WAY Samus takes on Ridley is not the way she would a normal Smash rep.

You can still do things to Mewtwo and Ganondorf that you could do to other Smash reps, but not Ridley. That's why he was a boss and not a playable character.

I think Ridley being a Boss in SSE kind of makes it clear why Sakurai isn't going to make him a playable character. Should we just forget what it took for Pikachu and Samus to fight Ridley and just make him into something he's NOT. It's almost a disgrace to Ridley and again does not represent RIdley as he is in Metroid OR Super Smash Brothers at all.

Again having Ridley is sort of like having Andross or Petey Piranha. You can downsize anybody, but you are falsely representing the character.

Are you even allowed to make an alt. here? Because you're clearly Noah.

1. You realize that Petey's been downsized, too, and turned out just fine? Look at the Mario Baseball games, Double Dash, Toadstool Tour, and Strikers Charged.

2. Just like Melee established Charizard's "place" as a Poke Ball?

3. And yet Ridley can still be taken down by literally everyone on the Brawl roster. What are you even trying to say here?

4. Because Link always grabs and pummels Ganondorf in Legend of Zelda. It's much less awkward than the fact that Link can beat up a younger version of himself in Melee. :rolleyes:

And as far as the Olimar bit, you know that he has a canonical size, right? The size of a US Quarter. Of course it would be absurd to have him beat up Ganondorf in canon. Don't kid yourself.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Is PlatinumGamer64 an alt of Noah? He sure acts like him...
Are you kidding me?
Who else would make a roster in the same style of his and add Baby Yoshi to it (Using the exact same artwork)?
If he was trying to be sneaky he screwed up on his 7th post.

And honestly, who else would critique a roster based on it's artwork choice of all things?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
A few thoughts on the IGN interview:
People keep leaving out the second part of the no cuts statement: "though no characters had been cut so far, and any determination to that effect is a ways away." No to mention it's not quoted, which indicates to me that either Sakurai didn't mean it be so definitive, or the writer of the article knew the statement wasn't important considering its second half.
The statement that comes before is this: "on the topic of balancing and roster alterations, Sakurai stressed that he wasn’t even at that point in development. “We’re not at a stage in development where we’re going through those fine sorts of adjustments,”' These statement make more sense in conjunction with each other, indicating that the game is still early in development being the reason neither of those types of decisions has been made.
The Pac-Man suggestion thing was brought up by same author almost a month ago.
The gameplay features and addition he mentions when prompted about what's new is all 3DS related, so any indication that the 3DS will be the lesser version is a contention Sakurai wouldn't agree with. If anything, its probably his preferred.
Sakurai: "a way to provide a more rewarding single-player experience in which players will be rewarded in different ways.” The single player experience will have some type of reward or reward system instead of being focused on movies. So that can mean, trophies, characters, stages, modes.
I think this is the most concerning statement from the article: "That feeling about the Smash Bros. games still being very early in development seeped into every aspect of my conversation. Sakurai addressed every topic only with theoretical ideas, and few specifics." It comes from the Rich (the writer and interviewer), indicating the tone he got from the conversation. Which means Smash 4 is still a ways away.

Morbi

Scavenger

I am not really in the mood to write another text wall. I will just give you some generic responses. Remember... these are all pretty subjective, just like your "evidence".
1. Downsizing him is more like up-scaling Olimar who is WAY smaller than that. Secondly, Ridley has no set size. He has appeared in multiple different sizes, just like Bowser.

2. We have had other bosses playable before. Giga Bowser being one of the bigger ones. There is no rational explanation to support why "his place" must be a boss.

3. I don't even know what you are getting at. So I will just say this... it is a video game...

4. That isn't really evidence. I could argue that Samus grapple beaming and punching Mewtwo doesn't make any sense. It is a video game. I could argue that Snake being in a Nintendo All-Star game and throwing grenades at little kids, women, and animals doesn't really represent him well.

5. Olimar beating Ganondorf makes sense?! What are you smoking?! The King of Evil vs a tiny space guy?! He could literally step on him and that would be the end of it!

6. Hypothetically speaking... Mewtwo is far more powerful than Ridley. His physic powers would make it almost impossible for someone like Captain Falcon to fight him. It is a video game though. It doesn't need to make sense. It doesn't need to represent the characters accurately.

7. I doubt the fans would view it as a disgrace. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon (aside from Gengar/Alakazam) and I didn't think it was a disgrace having him bottom tier. That is all a matter of perspective though. I was just grateful he was in the game.

8. Then they are falsely representing almost half the cast.

9. Good for you. You know how to convince yourself.

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
- Despite it's success, a new game does not confirm a new character. That being said, I think Roy really is the most wanted FE Character, or at least a lot of things seem to point to that. Also all three of these Fire Emblem characters are in Awakening so it still does get represented, technically speaking.
- New LoZ character is unnecessary though, as stated before nobody needs to be added and I honestly don't think we'll see a new one.
- A lot more important characters? Would you mind elaborating some you would suggest?

Also don't take this personally but, do I sense some sort of hostility in that comment relating Dillon? It probably isn't, but it's hard to tell because of how you can't really tell the way people type things.

- I think that large fan rage can and will occur if he is exclusively his "Awakened" forme. So allowing him to interchange would be best in general I think, but I do see the new forme taking priority.
- I've thought that representing downloadable Nintendo titles would be nice. Since they didn't really exist prior to Brawl.
- I mentioned my stance on Fire Emblem characters towards Hotfeet444.

- I already said, in that post you quoted, that Dillon is interchangeable with any other non represented Nintendo character, Dillon is my preference because I think representing the eShop would be cool.

- Noah, I don't know why I have to explain this to you, again.

It's
just
a
piece
of
artwork.

- Why would Dry Bowser be a transformable character. Costume would be okay but Sakurai said that he wasn't adding costumes.
- Do you even know what Newtwo is even capable of? We literally know practically nothing about it as of right now, unless you somehow work for the Pokemon Company which is something I highly doubt. I won't even comment about how you think appearance matters in this situation, which it does not. What even suggests that it's more powerful than Mewtwo's regular forme? Nothing can be truly confirmed until late October when we actually find out what abilities it actually has.
- Brawl had 34 characters, 38 if you count Sheik, ZSS, Ivysaur, and Charizard. It doesn't have to be a round number, because it hasn't been one before.
Sooooooo because your Roster is a "piece of artwork" we SHOULDN'T comment on it????????

Also you claimed Starfy was a NON represented Nintendo Character.

Regardless of how many characters are playable in the game as a total, every character roster was an even number: 12, 25, 35.
I'm confused what you are upset about. You posted a roster, a member commented on it with constructive criticism like any member, you seem to have a problem. What did I say?

Are you even allowed to make an alt. here? Because you're clearly Noah.

1. You realize that Petey's been downsized, too, and turned out just fine? Look at the Mario Baseball games, Double Dash, Toadstool Tour, and Strikers Charged.

2. Just like Melee established Charizard's "place" as a Poke Ball?

3. And yet Ridley can still be taken down by literally everyone on the Brawl roster. What are you even trying to say here?

4. Because Link always grabs and pummels Ganondorf in Legend of Zelda. It's much less awkward than the fact that Link can beat up a younger version of himself in Melee. :rolleyes:

And as far as the Olimar bit, you know that he has a canonical size, right? The size of a US Quarter. Of course it would be absurd to have him beat up Ganondorf in canon. Don't kid yourself.
Never said I wasn't. Also I believe the Pikmin size is a "Theory". You also said Ridley can be taken down by everyone on the Brawl Roster. That is true, but HOW they took him down was not the same way as fighting another opponent.

Also don't waste you're time comparing a boss to a Pok'eball/Assist Trophy. That didn't establish Charizard's place in capabilities at all.

Oh, and Young Link doesn't grab and pummel Skull Kid. That doesn't mean he CAN'T.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
-The same goes for Bowser...and the opposite for Olimar which was even more extreme
Bowser: He is not over-sized to begin with. You can find him as a big person (and not way over-sized) in many Mario games (like Mario Party, Kart, etc, he would appear to be slightly over-sized in Mario 64).
Olimar: He is small to the faraway planet from his own planet, he's seen small in SSE as well and guess what? Captain Falcon appears to be small as well! It's all to one gigantic R.O.B. in SSE.
They did it just fine for Charizard.
He was a lot bigger as a pokeball pokemon. Having a character change size is not unheard of.
Charizard: He's only 5'07" in PokeDex... >_>
-He wasn't even the right proportionate size in either fight. That and he was just a Dyna Blade in a Ridley Skin that fought almost nothing like Ridley
I wonder how Dyna Blade fight in SSB style?
- There are super-fast characters that have been toned down before...*Cough* Mewtwo *Cough*
That's what SSB mechanics does to every characters. balancing, fair fighting, etc... SSB doesn't have to follow other world's kind of powers and even Goku's homeworld!
Once one was under/over-sized in SSB series, it's pretty much S.O.L.
-
- The next shuttle leaves in five minutes.
Just watched the video, but still not convinced because of him being way over-sized, still.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I am not really in the mood to write another text wall. I will just give you some generic responses. Remember... these are all pretty subjective, just like your "evidence".
1. Downsizing him is more like up-scaling Olimar who is WAY smaller than that. Secondly, Ridley has no set size. He has appeared in multiple different sizes, just like Bowser.

2. We have had other bosses playable before. Giga Bowser being one of the bigger ones. There is no rational explanation to support why "his place" must be a boss.

3. I don't even know what you are getting at. So I will just say this... it is a video game...

4. That isn't really evidence. I could argue that Samus grapple beaming and punching Mewtwo doesn't make any sense. It is a video game. I could argue that Snake being in a Nintendo All-Star game and throwing grenades at little kids, women, and animals doesn't really represent him well.

5. Olimar beating Ganondorf makes sense?! What are you smoking?! The King of Evil vs a tiny space guy?! He could literally step on him and that would be the end of it!

6. Hypothetically speaking... Mewtwo is far more powerful than Ridley. His physic powers would make it almost impossible for someone like Captain Falcon to fight him. It is a video game though. It doesn't need to make sense. It doesn't need to represent the characters accurately.

7. I doubt the fans would view it as a disgrace. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon (aside from Gengar/Alakazam) and I didn't think it was a disgrace having him bottom tier. That is all a matter of perspective though. I was just grateful he was in the game.

8. Then they are falsely representing almost half the cast.

9. Good for you. You know how to convince yourself.
Since I don't feel like leaving a huge response....I'll just say "You're completely right". And also add in the fact that Mewtwo probably wouldn't let anyone hit him since he can predict their every move, and he's probably one of if not the most powerful character in Smash Bros so far. But yes, Mr. Alt Account is wrong, so have a cookie to celebrate. :150:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn, this thread is making me puke my lunch and it's been 5 hours already!

Character resizing is NOT an issue. Olimar is minuscule, yet has an average size in Brawl.
Pikachu's canon size is 0.4 m / 1'04" tall, yet he's clearly much bigger than that in Brawl.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Too Big, Too Big, Too Big
In response to everything...size...doesn't...matter. Now, are you going to give a good argument or are you going to continue wasting space and time with a dead one?

Edit: The Mario Spin-off games are not canon, so using those convince us that Bowser is different means nothing.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
In response to everything...size...doesn't...matter. Now, are you going to give a good argument or are you going to continue wasting space and time with a dead one?
You need to have common senses when it comes to up/downsize someone what was seen in SSB series. Ridley is still... too big. reggie_shrugs.jpg

I should stop arguing. I can live when Ridley was playable in SSB!

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
I didn't say Ridley had anything to do with size. I just doubt him because he was a boss and that's it. I honestly don't want to start a Ridley Riot.

"Size matters not."
- Yoda

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Alright, I'm a kidder. Here's my ACTUAL roster idea:
Ideal Roster.png

Looking at it now it's a tad optimistic of me, but it's my ideal, right? Geno I want as the final third party, and most people do too, so I hope Sakurai can get him in. I also added a few characters I wanted to see in as well as some that other people wanted in that seemed likely, like Chrom and Shulk. I'm a huge Starfy fan, so I want to see him in. The only removals were Lucario, Ike, and the random button, because F*CK the random button!!! In reality there will probably be more than 2 cuts, but whatever.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Are you kidding me?
Who else would make a roster in the same style of his and add Baby Yoshi to it (Using the exact same artwork)?

If he was trying to be sneaky he screwed up on his 7th post.

And honestly, who else would critique a roster based on it's artwork choice of all things?
Oh God. That was the first time I ever saw that roster. He has Waluigi in the Wario Franchise.... I''m going to explode.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai can simply resize him, is there a problem with size?
Ridley is too big. :troll:

I find this argument correlates with most religious arguments. It is essentially one opinion vs. another. Everyone thinks they have the right perspective and you can't convince the other side that they are wrong...

Anyways, I have been watching a Kid Icarus: Uprising Play-through. Man is that game funny. People tend to think Magnus or Medusa have a chance in the game. After actually watching it? I think that is crazy. Palutena and Hades are really the only characters with a chance. I mean Dark Pit (Pitoo) as well, I don't think Sakurai would really do that though. It has made me a huge Palutena fan. It is a little sad because I actually really like Magnus. I am hoping that the bring back Codec calls, but instead of Snake... they use Pit with the gods conversing. It would be funny to hear what Hades or Viridi has to say about Pit fighting someone like Ganondorf. Just my 2 cents.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Sooooooo because your Roster is a "piece of artwork" we SHOULDN'T comment on it????????
No, you misunderstood.
You shouldn't critique something as pointless as the way a character will appear based on the choice of artwork used for a character.
Also you claimed Starfy was a NON represented Nintendo Character.
He isn't represented in terms of being a playable character.
Regardless of how many characters are playable in the game as a total, every character roster was an even number: 12, 25, 35.
Well no, actually. You aren't counting the transformations, which Sakurai does count. There are 26 characters in Melee and 39 in Brawl. Also 5 is not considered an even number either. It's an odd number, much like your argument here.
I'm confused what you are upset about. You posted a roster, a member commented on it with constructive criticism like any member, you seem to have a problem. What did I say?
You upset me because of how ignorant you act and how high and mighty you consider yourself to be.
Also, your "Constructive" Criticism is more "Destructive" because all it does is add a pointless argument into what could just be stated as: "I don't think this is likely because so and so" not being: "That is 100% Pointless because of these facts I've made up".
You should have done some growing up before you decided to return and making an alt was a baaaaad mistake.
Terms of Service and Rules said:
7. No Alternate or Impersonator Accounts
Terms of Service and Rules said:
Individuals are prohibited from holding more than one account without express, advance permission from the staff. Alternate accounts may be banned without warning. Any infractions that are issued to alternate accounts may be reissued to the corresponding primary account, in addition to other punishments. Do not create a new account to get around a ban or other punishment; these punishments will simply be extended or made indefinite. Allowing a banned user to use your main account to evade a ban will result in both your account, as well as their main account, both receiving an infraction or an indefinite ban.
Accounts created to impersonate other individuals or entities are not permitted.
  • Ban Evasion - 2 Points, 14 Days
  • Alternate Account/Impersonation - Indefinite Ban
You've done this to yourself and you will have to face the consequence. You were banned for a reason and you should have waited until the time had ended before you decided to return.

Bye.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You need to have common senses when it comes to up/downsize someone what was seen in SSB series. Ridley is still... too big. reggie_shrugs.jpg
So you continue to waste time on a dead argument. Well if that's the case...they took Bowser...

Who in every canon appearance has been no shorter than 20 feet tall, and even ranging up to sizes somewhere around 300 feet tall or so (As seen in the picture above) and turned him into a normal fighter. The Mario spin-off titles are not canon so using Bowser's size from them means nothing, if not only support someone like Ridley even more.

Olimar...

Olimar is no bigger than inch tall, a single inch tall. And, as you can see, he's been put on par with Mario, whose actual size is 5'1", meaning that his size has been increased almost 50x or more to be made a serious fighter. that is a HUGE difference, nothing in the Smash series has had its size changed that much. So in short, if Ridley is too big to fight...than so is Bowser...and Olimar is too small. This argument is over.

Morbi

Scavenger
Alright, I'm a kidder. Here's my ACTUAL roster idea:
View attachment 1256

Looking at it now it's a tad optimistic of me, but it's my ideal, right? Geno I want as the final third party, and most people do too, so I hope Sakurai can get him in. I also added a few characters I wanted to see in as well as some that other people wanted in that seemed likely, like Chrom and Shulk. I'm a huge Starfy fan, so I want to see him in. The only removals were Lucario, Ike, and the random button, because F*CK the random button!!! In reality there will probably be more than 2 cuts, but whatever.
I love you so much. You have Zelda redesigned. XoXoXo.

Maybe you added too many LoZ characters though. I mean with Toon Zelda/Tetra and Ghirihim.. without cutting Toon Link? It just seems a little crowded.

I am not a big fan of Shulk... so no comment.

Geno? Yeah. I have my doubts.

Gotta pick between Paper Mario, Waluigi or Baby/Bowser Jr. I doubt we will be getting all 3. Most people don't want another Mario rep in the first place. I think Paper Mario is a little lame personally. I mean I don't really want 3 Mario's in the roster if they decided to bring back the good doctor.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't think Roy is the most wanted FE character, as Ike outranks him in the most recent Shortie poll. Roy is smash veteran so I don't put him in the same category other FE newcomers.
They are in Awakening as DLC and optional downloadable characters, so that really wouldn't be representing the in game product. I think the fact that there is an Arena Ferox stage speaks in the characters favor of an Awakening based rep. I know its only been shown as a 3DS stage but its entirely possible that portable focused characters will get there stages in 3DS version, and console based characters get their stage in the console version (Like Ike). Those who exist in both get both (like Marth). I think this will apply to most series and characters. And only two of the possible FE lords fight in Arena Ferox.

I don't think Sakurai and company put fan rage over their artisitic version. I think the best argument for Mewtwo is in its increases relevance to the Pokemon company due to new its form, and for the Pokemon company to suggest it to Sakurai. Transforming back would not have a real difference, since they are both the same type and share the same moves. The new form is also probably more powerful, hence awakened. So it would not transform back into its less powerful version.

Easy way to placate fans: generation 1 form costume as DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom