• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd like to go with no on this one.

Where are you basing all of these on anyway?
Well...
Mewtwo- He is already in Melee and he was planned for every other smash game. He has extremely high demand in Japan and America. He has his upcoming movie as well (this will make him relevant). He is also a perfect Pokemon to represent Gen 1 and Gen 6. Sakurai also asserted that they were thinking about developing him. Not only that but he asks the Pokemon company who they are pushing. Clearly they are pushing Mewtwo and Genesect. Most people also assume that Sakurai starts his roster from scratch. I believe he actually stated that he does. So Mewtwo would already be a likely candidate. This is also not to mention his immense popularity. He is definitely a top ten Pokemon.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
The two series got +3 reps for Melee and now there's only +2 from just Kirby series for Brawl. And now maybe +1 for SSB4 and afterwards.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Hades is nothing like Ganondorf. .-.

Hades needs lots and lots of dialouge imo. Hades without his dialouge just isn't Hades to me. Which is why I would prefer him, and Viridi, as a stage prop so I can listen to the best commentary ever.
Something I would love to see is a Kid Icarus stage, preferably something like the Underworld, where you can start codec conversations between the different gods about certain characters. You know, like a mix between Snake's and Fox's codecs.

"Palutena, who's this blue guy?"
"That's Mega Man, Pit! He's a robot that works hard to protect peace between other robots and humans. He'll never hurt a human, thankfully. That's the first rule of any robot."
"So the rule of not hurting humans couldn't have stretched into not hurting angels? Just this once?!"
"Doesn't look like it."
"Poor Pitty-Pat, having to fight a little man made of gears and lightbulbs. He seems to put up a good fight... Ah, if only I could steal his soul, but everyone knows the folks up at Capcom don't have a soul."

D

Deleted member

I knew it. A lot of objections going on here about Ridley being too big.

I'll list out reasons why him as playable isn't possible:
-Big, requires excessive down-sizing (srsly?)
Bowser. Don't pull the bull**** "magic *snort snort*" excuse. Also Olimar on the opposite end of the spectrum.
-Was boss in SSE
Role in previous Smash does not determine anything for the future. Charizard was just a summonable assist character prior to Brawl. Dedede was nothing but a stage cameo; same with Villager. Assist Trophies from Brawl aren't limited solely because they were Assist Trophies.
-WTF fast moves when mashing buttons
.....wut? No seriously, what is your point here?
-Gotta sit so he don't appear to fly (if he can fly continuously, he can fly up higher forever)
....have you been drinking before you posted this?
We have a bunch of characters known for infinite flight outside of Smash that are heavily restricted as playable characters. The Kirby trio, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Charizard all come to mind right away.
And if it's about some stupid "Ridley is always in the air" excuse, there had been multiple times throughout the Metroid series where Ridley fights on the ground.
-I don't want to live on this planet anymore
If the idea of Ridley being possible makes you not want to live on this planet anymore, then by all means move to Mars. Leaves more room on Earth for people that actually have decent arguments, as rare as they are.
Responses in red.

Getting really sick of downright asinine arguments from Ridley detractors.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I think Little Mac, Ridley, PAC-MAN, Palutena, King K. Rool,Mii and Mewtwo all have a good chance. The only character i'd be okay if they cut would be Ice Climbers, R.O.B and Jiggypuff. Geno would be awesome,but I doubt it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think Little Mac, Ridley, PAC-MAN, Palutena, King K. Rool,Mii and Mewtwo all have a good chance. The only character i'd be okay if they cut would be Ice Climbers, R.O.B and Jiggypuff. Geno would be awesome,but I doubt it.
The only character I want cut is PKMN Trainer. I would much rather have 3 (arguably 4) unique characters than one glorified reference to Gen 1. That is just me though.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Something I would love to see is a Kid Icarus stage, preferably something like the Underworld, where you can start codec conversations between the different gods about certain characters. You know, like a mix between Snake's and Fox's codecs.

"Palutena, who's this blue guy?"
"That's Mega Man, Pit! He's a robot that works hard to protect peace between other robots and humans. He'll never hurt a human, thankfully. That's the first rule of any robot."
"So the rule of not hurting humans couldn't have stretched into not hurting angels? Just this once?!"
"Doesn't look like it."
"Poor Pitty-Pat, having to fight a little man made of gears and lightbulbs. He seems to put up a good fight... Ah, if only I could steal his soul, but everyone knows the folks up at Capcom don't have a soul."
I do like that idea. But I would rather have a 2 KIU stages or a KIU stage that has 2 transformations. One would be Underworld based with Hades and his minions (Madeusa, Thanatos, Pandoras, ect...) with them having constant dialouge with the progression of the battle and causeing havoc while the other one would be Overworld based with the same idea but with Viridi and her minions. But that just seems like its just me. .-.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Responses in red.

Getting really sick of downright asinine arguments from Ridley detractors.
I was joking on the last part and you took it too seriously. Nice going! I already said I can live with it when Ridley was in.

I was trying to do common senses to what Sakurai MIGHT think when it comes to Ridley.

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
SO Noah set him self up for a permaban? Not surprised.

Anyway, 5 is not an even number, Noah.
If there are 25 apples and 4 get 5 . In a wat that's even.

Also getting banned from another person's account is fine if that's the rules.

What am I gonna miss out on? Dark Pit discussions? Or going in circles of the same discussion? All I'm missing out on is reality, the world outside this forum that's made me lazier than ever. Heck, I got so entranced in such unimportant discussions even I started taking things too seriously.

Anyway if I get banned from my brother's account. It'll be for the best so I can finish up more important things in the real world.

This is just an account I use occasionally. Almost to a point where it wouldn't matter weather it exists or not.

Alas, no biggie.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
No...No cutting Jigglypuff...or R.O.B....and we already know that Sakurai has been designing Ice Climbers thanks to the recent interviews. ....I love using Jigglypuff and I like R.O.B....sue me.

I was trying to do common senses to what Sakurai MIGHT think when it comes to Ridley.
You honestly thought what you were thinking was common sense? Really? Habanero! Where are you?! WE NEED YOUR SIGNATURE AGAIN!

Edit: Sorry for the double post. If I could delete this comment, I would. :ohwell:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Maybe we should institute a tax on the word "Ridley" from now on... or at least on sentences that use "Ridley and "big" simultaneously...

D

Deleted member

>Common sense
>to what Sakurai thinks

Good luck with that.

(On another note, it's rather sad that searching for "Wii Fit Trainer" on Google Images results in alarming amounts of explicit images right away.)

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna leave this here...

Trust the internet to turn the main character of one of Nintendo's most relaxing and calming games into a murderer and a woman who wears yoga pants into, shall we say, 'an object of a gentleman's desire'.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The internet is too predictable. Cute things are psychos, monsters are the biggest saps, and anything beautiful will get drenched in semen.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Trust the internet to turn the main character of one of Nintendo's most relaxing and calming games into a murderer and a woman who wears yoga pants into, shall we say, 'an object of a gentleman's desire'.
Oh God...wait until Palutena gets in...or possibly even Krystal...*Shudders* Hey, I'd know, my favorite videogame character has had her image torn apart by fangirls and an over-abundance of disgusting fan-art. (Points to Signature)

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
In attempt to stop anymore of these disturbing images from entering my mind, I'd like to change topic by sharing my "realistic" roster predictions.

Thoughts?

RODO

Smash Ace
Here's a roster me and some friends threw together.
smash roster wii u.jpg

Right now it's at 35 characters but I want it to at least be 40-45. Some other characters I'd like to see are Shulk, Bowser Jr. , Lloyd Irving, Ike, Lyn, Ghirihim, another Kid Icarus rep, and plenty more. It's hard trying to decide who will come back and who will leave. I'm pretty certain that anyone who has been in 2 or more games will be a safe bet though.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
"If only a beast like me could make people happy, if only a beast like me could make someone smile..."
I'd come around and I'd see... the neighbors, they're looking at me, and I'd say "Hey, why don't you... haaang awhile?"

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
In attempt to stop anymore of these disturbing images from entering my mind, I'd like to change topic by sharing my "realistic" roster predictions.

Thoughts?
Not bad at all. It's similar to my most recent roster, for the most part.
RealisticRoster.png

Credit to AEM for making those icons in the first place.

The differences I see between rosters:
  • Bowser Jr. / Paper Mario
  • Dixie Kong / King K. Rool
  • Ghirahim / Toon Link
  • Zoroark / Lucario
  • Pac-Man / Snake
  • Mii / Little Mac, Starfy, Takamaru, and Andy
I think most of those are a matter of difference in taste, but otherwise both seem very feasible. If I'm not mistaken, you're following the idea that Sakurai will cut several veterans in place of more unique/relevant characters. I myself went for the idea that Sakurai really will pull through in having no veterans cut, as well as that new series will get a significant amount of attention this time compared to existing series additions.

In either case, I'd be satisfied with SSB4's roster.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm going to bring up my roster once more if we've decided we're going to be talking about what this thread is for again:

Slightly More Likely Roster.png

It's a combination of what I personally want and what I find likely. The characters cut from SSBB are Toon Link, Lucario, Snake, and Ike, solely because they seem likely to go, but I've added quite a bit. As you can also see, I styled it up to be like Brawl's roster, where character groups descend in columns. The ones I put in there who I want to be in the most are Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Ridley, Palutena, Mewtwo, Little Mac, Starfy, and Geno, and I wouldn't mind as much if Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Chrom, and Isaac didn't make the cut. This is only 47 character slots with a random... but it's 52 with dual characters. Seems a bit higher than Sakurai would want for the new game, but who knows. Your guys' thoughts?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Not bad at all. It's similar to my most recent roster, for the most part.
View attachment 1263
Credit to AEM for making those icons in the first place.

The differences I see between rosters:
  • Bowser Jr. / Paper Mario
  • Dixie Kong / King K. Rool
  • Ghirahim / Toon Link
  • Zoroark / Lucario
  • Pac-Man / Snake
  • Mii / Little Mac, Starfy, Takamaru, and Andy
I think most of those are a matter of difference in taste, but otherwise both seem very feasible. If I'm not mistaken, you're following the idea that Sakurai will cut several veterans in place of more unique/relevant characters. I myself went for the idea that Sakurai really will pull through in having no veterans cut, as well as that new series will get a significant amount of attention this time compared to existing series additions.

In either case, I'd be satisfied with SSB4's roster.
Pardon me asking, but is there a special program used for this style roster? I mean, I've seen it around, and it's not the SSB Roster Maker program so...what is it exactly?

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to add Ninten, Little Mac, Starfy and possibly K.Rool, but I kept the roster small (46 including transformations) The cuts were mostly for that reason though,
Pardon me asking, but is there a special program used for this style roster? I mean, I've seen it around, and it's not the SSB Roster Maker program so...what is it exactly?
Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/iiau3bbucu3eyxe/SSB_Roster_Maker-v.6.1.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom