• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
King K. Rool and Ridley? I support them as an obligatory thing. I want a Zelda newcomer so, so, so, so bad. Tetra and Tingle are most likely, but Tetra is too obvious and God I hate Tingle so much. Also, yeah, I don't know, Skull Kid getting the AT treatment worries me too..
Ridley is more the obligatory one for me, simply because Metroid is so under-repped that it isn't funny. King K. Rool is the one I want to see the most though, I loved the old DKC games and his character, plus the fact that Rare made him. Actually, the major reason I'd like to see Krystal is because Rare made her. I guess I'm just clinging to what little that's left of them...

Tingle is probably the most likely Zelda rep, and I'd welcome him with open arms. I think he'd be really fun and quirky, I don't really get his hate. It's not like he's annoying like a certain fairy or koopa. Though I'd welcome just about any character.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Vaati gets all the ladies. :cool:
I always thought that Vaati is a reincarnation of Ghirahim.
Along with Aghanim and Zant.
So that means if Ganondorf stays, then Vaati will automatically out prioritize Ghirahim.

Though if Demise replaces Ganondorf, then Ghirahim is likelier than Vaati.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ridley is more the obligatory one for me, simply because Metroid is so under-repped that it isn't funny. King K. Rool is the one I want to see the most though, I loved the old DKC games and his character, plus the fact that Rare made him. Actually, the major reason I'd like to see Krystal is because Rare made her. I guess I'm just clinging to what little that's left of them...

Tingle is probably the most likely Zelda rep, and I'd welcome him with open arms. I think he'd be really fun and quirky, I don't really get his hate. It's not like he's annoying like a certain fairy or koopa. Though I'd welcome just about any character.
So how about that Debbie. :troll:

Also, what fairy or koopa are you talking about?
Also, I didn't consider K. Rool and Krystal were Rare. That makes them cooler.

I always thought that Vaati is a reincarnation of Ghirahim.
Along with Aghanim and Zant.
So that means if Ganondorf stays, then Vaati will automatically out prioritize Ghirahim.

Though if Demise replaces Ganondorf, then Ghirahim is likelier than Vaati.
If we actually lose Ganondorf for Demise, and then not get Ghirahim too, I would be...pissed. More than pissed actually.
Furious_outraged_sick_with_anger.gif

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah, but, he's a guy. ;)

Anyway, changing the subject, what do you guys think of people being cut?
Sheik is Zelda dressing up as a boyZ
This has been confirmed several times by Miyamoto.
Sheik has a full female anatomy and is simply disguised as a man.

End of story.
Just saying.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
I don't especially want cuts and I'm not especially expecting any. At least, not for any characters in particular. One or two cuts wouldn't surprise me, but there's no characters I'd consider to be definite cuts, or even likely cuts. Just a handful that may be lower priority.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I suppose that is true. But I feel that unlike Pokémon, Mario already dominates the majority of the roster anyways.
While they may not be considered Mario franchises in Smash Brothers: Yoshi, Wario, and arguably Donkey Kong are subsidaries of the Mario franchise and are generally seen as Mario characters. Not counting Donkey Kong, the general Mario franchise will have a total of 7 characters in Smash For (including the practically guaranteed characters Yoshi and Wario). If we did include Donkey Kong, Diddy, and the requested 3rd character into the mix, we'd have potentially 10 characters from the Mario universe in a suspected 45-50 character roster. This isn't even considering any other potential Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, or Wario characters that could show up by chance.

I just feel that the over saturation of characters from a shared universe would preferably be avoided if possible so the game seems more like a Nintendo crossover rather than a Mario crossover, you know?
You may have a point there. I guess I just think differently with when a franchise's character amount is becoming overkill. And it's not like the Mario Universe characters are taking up half the roster, as 12/45 is only around 27% of the roster maximum, and that's not even taking into account the transformations.

Once you include Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Mega Mewtwo Y, and the other two Pokemon in the Pokemon Trainer's party, that adds up to 50 characters; 12/50 = 24%.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If we actually lose Ganondorf for Demise, and then not get Ghirahim too, I would be...pissed. More than pissed actually.
View attachment 6404
Fun Bidoof Fact: One time girl was being a b**** and told me I was weird, and I went into a long exasperated rant about what society seems "weird" and "immature" and that being "normal" apparently requires you to be stripped of all your creativity. And at the end I did that Ghirahim "furious, outraged, SICK WITH ANGER!" thing.
Long story short, I am now known as weirder.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So how about that Debbie. :troll:

Also, what fairy or koopa are you talking about?
Also, I didn't consider K. Rool and Krystal were Rare. That makes them cooler.
Fairy was an obvious reference to Navi, koopa being a reference to Bowser Jr, who I previously stated my dislike of.

Yeah, but, he's a guy. ;)

If Sheik is a guy, then I must be bi. Sheik is definitely not male.

I want absolutely no cuts, as Mr. President said. I'm actually banking on no cuts because of Toon Link.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice

No cuts except for Pichu, Young Link, and Dr.Mario as I really hate cuts and the subject itself makes me very depress :crying: after all the Brawl roster is fine the way it is, just add a few more characters such as Bandana Dee, Mewtwo, Mega Man and I might be satisfied.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You have only been on the Boards for a few days, and I have only known you for a few minutes.
Yet I somehow already like you.
Yeah, he's cool. Inexperienced with the way of the Smash, but he seems adaptable.

I don't especially want cuts and I'm not especially expecting any. At least, not for any characters in particular. One or two cuts wouldn't surprise me, but there's no characters I'd consider to be definite cuts, or even likely cuts. Just a handful that may be lower priority.
I agree. No cuts! At the very least the roster formula should be Brawl + 10 Newcomers + Mewtwo = Yes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's why he added 2 Kirby characters in Brawl, right?
Yeah.

That is why he added two characters in Brawl. Because after planning one twice only to be omitted both times and holding off on the other to instead give attention to characters from titles he didn't make, he added the two Kirby characters once they had both peaked in popularity, with each being one of the most popular Smash requests in general, and with popularity given as the reason for consideration in the first place. He didn't add them any earlier than an unbiased developer looking purely at demand would've, he added them once everyone wanted them.

So yeah, that is why they were added in Brawl, and not earlier.

The recent games says other thing.
No, not really. He's had like what, one playable appearance? How many appearances has he had in general? It's got to be less than a half dozen. And how many of them were actually notable, not just something minor or background?

I mean yeah, he's probably the most likely Kirby character of what's left... but that doesn't mean he's anywhere close to what's already been included, nor does it make him a main character in his series.

His recent game is like the only reason people even consider him, but for a series like Kirby's it's not exactly enough to be on par with what's generally included in Smash.

And people expecting K.Rool,Ridley,Shulk ,etc....It's Sakurai.
And what? They're going to be disappointed too? Yeah maybe, but even though "it's Sakurai", even though he's unpredictable, those characters all still have significantly better chances than Bandana Dee.

People will be disappointed those characters didn't make it because they were relatively widely expected for good reason. They have quite a bit more in their favour, the resulting level of expectation makes sense. People seem to think Bandana Dee is in a better place than he really is, and he's mostly just suggested for the purpose of giving Kirby another rep. Kirby doesn't need another rep. Unlike DK, Kirby has its main cast already included. Unlike Metroid, Kirby has a perfectly decent amount of characters already. Unlike Starfox, all it's characters and potential characters are unique, original, and more time-consuming; Bandana Dee probably wouldn't be "semi-clone padding", which might've been his best shot. Unlike Kid Icarus, the next addition in line isn't extremely popular. Unlike Mario, the series isn't big or prominent enough that it will take from the B-tier, at least not at this point.

Bandana Dee has a shot, yeah... but tbh it's not a great one.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Fun Bidoof Fact: One time girl was being a b**** and told me I was weird, and I went into a long exasperated rant about what society seems "weird" and "immature" and that being "normal" apparently requires you to be stripped of all your creativity. And at the end I did that Ghirahim "furious, outraged, SICK WITH ANGER!" thing.
Talks about being creative, does something someone else does.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You sound alot like me at school. Are you sure you're not my long lost brother or something?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Talks about being creative, does something someone else does.
Not really creative but more unique.
And that is unique compared to everyone else I know.

But who cares, they are stupid typical 13 year olds.
Running around thinking they are the kings of the world because they are technically teenagers.
While in reality they can't socialize with anyone who doesn't go on Instagram 24/7.

While I am here, somewhat intelligently discussing my favorite hobby, with people older than me.
Intelligence.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You sound like my kind of peer.

And that is unique compared to everyone else I know.
But who cares, they are stupid typical 13 year olds.
While I am here, somewhat intelligently discussing my favorite hobby, with people older than me.
Intelligence.
Well, I'm 17, so I'm pretty much on the same level as everyone else.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yay I'm all caught up!

Hey guys what if that leak was real? That would suck, but at least I think Issac was on it

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well, I am going to pack it in for the night.
I hopefully see you on the morrow, right after I endure a lovely day in the world of casuals, dudebros, beliebers, and all other sorts of morons! Or as a lesser-mind would say, go to school.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I am going to pack it in for the night.
I hopefully see you on the morrow, right after I endure a lovely day in the world of casuals, dudebros, beliebers, and all other sorts of morons! Or as a lesser-mind would say, go to school.
Yeah I have dudebro friends.

So does anyone want to talk about something other than school? I'm kind of here to escape that.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
NEW TOPIC TIME WOO

Hmmm. This has probably been discussed before, but has anyone considered the possibility of a Smash Bros. character? I kinda thought it'd be interesting, though the only potential characters are Sandbag, Primid, and a mini Master hand or something. Sandbag would be nigh impossible to make a moveset for, but I could see Primid and the mini Master Hand working.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You may have a point there. I guess I just think differently with when a franchise's character amount is becoming overkill. And it's not like the Mario Universe characters are taking up half the roster, as 12/45 is only around 27% of the roster maximum, and that's not even taking into account the transformations.

Once you include Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Mega Mewtwo Y, and the other two Pokemon in the Pokemon Trainer's party, that adds up to 50 characters; 12/50 = 24%.
Well yeah, I suppose we both have our own points. I just think you should probably slow down a bit when one universe takes up roughly 1/5th of your entire roster is all. But no big deal if you keep Junior, only change I'd really like to see in your roster is the return of Lucas. Not much else really strikes me as a necessary change.

I'm a teacher now. I get to go to school for the rest of my life.
What do you teach? Smash Ed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom