• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Is he really? I keep hearing this yet I'm entirely unconvinced. Maybe in Melee, but in Brawl, Kirby is the star series.

This, I can agree with. Probably the fanbase that is setting itself up for the biggest meltdown. It's pretty hard to watch.
I can see that coming.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Serious support =/= a fun pastime.
If you think Debbie really has a shot, you're gonna have a bad time. Meanwhile, the Mask Salesman has absolutely no chance and I know that. :troll:
It is not serious support. It is wishful thinking. I happen to like TLoZ alot. The point is, you set yourself up for that one by calling me out for liking Ghirahim.

Besides, I mostly support Ghirahim here to troll people.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It does, thank you.
Bwads is iffy for me. On one hand I find him likely, on another I don't. I'm on and off really.
Lyn is just a character that I really want for the sake of a FE character that is not Chrom or Roy.
Krystal, yeah.
Diskun for all the people who say that Wii Fit Trainer is NOT the WTF, even though I believe that she is.
Glad to help!
Yeah I know the feeling, happens to me a lot too. I play around with my thoughts on Palutena and Isaac a lot.
I understand where your coming from with Lyn, so I suppose there's no harm done if you decided to keep her. I mean she isn't a priority character, and I feel that this is where she belongs in the end.
Happy with the lack of crystal blue vixons.
Again, if they're not on the priority list it's fine with me.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It is not serious support. It is wishful thinking. I happen to like TLoZ alot. The point is, you set yourself up for that one by calling me out for liking Ghirahim.

Besides, I mostly support Ghirahim here to troll people.
I'm merely pointing out the irony of people who support one-off/minor characters calling out others who support one-off/minor characters by doing so myself.

Luckily, all of the characters I actually support are big names. :troll: We're still cool right? Debbie would be a neat addition. Side note: Bandanna Goomba Waddle Dee is cool too.

branden4030

Smash Cadet
I have my life to get back to... just remeber i tried to give you all the full roster before the game came out and this is how you treated me. Peace

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Smash bros roster leaked! Hate it or love it its here to stay... check it out!

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Rosalina & Luna
Link
Zelda/sheik
Toon link
Ganondorf
Toon zelda
Pikachu
Jiggly puff
Pokemon trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pit
Medusa
Kirby
King dedede
Meta knight
Pikmin & olimar
Samus/ zero suit
Donkey kong
Diddy kong
Dixie kong
Fox
Falco
Marth
Ike
Villager
Mega man
Wii fit trainer
Sonic
Captin falcon
Ice climbers
Game & watch
Yoshi
Wario
Isaac
Pacman
Ness
Ray
I would not be satisfied with this roster. It seems very "meh".

Not enough uniqueness, which Sakurai has shown is his primary goal for newcomers for this game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm merely pointing out the irony of people who support one-off/minor characters calling out others who support one-off/minor characters by doing so myself.
Luckily, all of the characters I actually support are big names. :troll: We're still cool right? Debbie would be a neat addition. Side note: Bandanna Goomba Waddle Dee is cool too.
My biggest complaint regarding them is that everyone assuming that one-offs are impossible because Brawl didn't feature Midna. I think Sakurai could see someone in Ghirahim, or maybe even Midna. But people are so dismissive of characters they don't support.

Also, who do you support? Cause if Debbie is deconfirmed, then Tetra is the next best thing.
Yeah, we cool. I don't dislike anybody here. You probably interpreted me as more irked than I actually am. I responded to you because I love situational irony so much.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I think people are stretching the "modesty" thing a bit.
First, SSB64. Dedede was intended to be playable, but was dropped because of time.
Then, SSBM. (Don't quote me on this part, merely a rumor I heard) Dedede was the back up plan for if IS didn't allow Marth.
And, Brawl. Two new characters, plus all three were given large roles in SSE, and Kirby had THE lead role.
He's not as modest as people set him out to be.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have my life to get back to... just remeber i tried to give you all the full roster before the game came out and this is how you treated me. Peace
And if you'll excuse me, I have fun and socializing with other people to get back to, even if it is through the internet.

And are you honestly attempting to convince us you know the roster and are telling us it? Because I am pretty sure no one in his/her right mind would believe you.
I know I wouldn't, due to my statements about Sakurai's aim and who he is looking for in newcomers, and that he probably won't pick Toon Zelda, and if he does, it will probably have Tetra as the "main" character you start out as.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And if you'll excuse me, I have fun and socializing with other people to get back to, even if it is through the internet.

And are you honestly attempting to convince us you know the roster and are telling us it? Because I am pretty sure no one in his/her right mind would believe you.
I know I wouldn't, due to my statements about Sakurai's aim and who he is looking for in newcomers, and that he probably won't pick Toon Zelda, and if he does, it will probably have Tetra as the "main" character you start out as.
YAY MEGA BIDOOF! We missed you. Here. Have Bidoof's Mega form.
tumblr_inline_mfz8nze7g01qeuj47.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I can't think of any topics. Should we go back to talking about Fire Emblem and Impa? That way everyone gets mad.

I think people are stretching the "modesty" thing a bit.
First, SSB64. Dedede was intended to be playable, but was dropped because of time.
Then, SSBM. (Don't quote me on this part, merely a rumor I heard) Dedede was the back up plan for if IS didn't allow Marth.
And, Brawl. Two new characters, plus all three were given large roles in SSE, and Kirby had THE lead role.
He's not as modest as people set him out to be.
That's likely the case. But I would still have reasonable doubt for another Kirby character. We do have all of the important characters present. But I suppose that it isn't impossible. Look at Rosalina.

View attachment 6402
I think he had that as an Avatar for a while. @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof should have it in his sig though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You will all look like fools for not believing me on july of this year... which is when the game is coming out!
Actually, you will be the one who looks like a fool when the game comes out, and we will all remember this and remind you about it when your "leak" is proven false.
No Nintendo worker who cares about his/her job and the money he/she gets would go and leak the whole roster on SmashBpards.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My biggest complaint regarding them is that everyone assuming that one-offs are impossible because Brawl didn't feature Midna. I think Sakurai could see someone in Ghirahim, or maybe even Midna. But people are so dismissive of characters they don't support.

Also, who do you support? Cause if Debbie is deconfirmed, then Tetra is the next best thing.
Yeah, we cool. I don't dislike anybody here. You probably interpreted me as more irked than I actually am. I responded to you because I love situational irony so much.
I don't think one-offs are impossible because of Midna not showing in Brawl, I think they're extremely unlikely because the most supported one got the AT treatment (RIP Skull Kid). I'm generally not dismissive of any characters (except Bowser Jr, the little ****), but I'm still iffy on characters who aren't part of the main cast.

My support? I've been waiting for King K. Rool and Ridley since Melee, it's a bit **** that DK and Metroid keep getting the shaft. I've also got lesser support for Krystal, but nothing really big. I'm actually quite content with Brawl's roster, as long as everyone returns (particularly Snake) I'll be happy. As far as Zelda goes, I think it's fine with the four it has. Though I thought the same with Mario and then Rosalina happened...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
View attachment 6402
This was actually my original avatar before I started to use avatars of my other favorite game characters or Wanted Newcomers, like the one I have now of Masked Dedede!
And by "we missed you" I think you mean "I missed you."
I don't think everyone here is glad of my return, and some may be crying of my return as we speak...erm... As we type.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You can't really make everyone happy. I actually did ditch Black Shadow on an earlier update, seeing as R.O.B. is quite important to Nintendo's history.
Well I'm glad you made that change. I don't understand why people would cut R.O.B. if Game & Watch returned in Brawl.
Anyway, in terms of the six Mario reps, Brawl did get away with having six playable Pokemon, even though the Pokemon Trainer owned three of them. But I guess the fact that you actually have to alternate the Pokemon may make you think otherwise.
I suppose that is true. But I feel that unlike Pokémon, Mario already dominates the majority of the roster anyways.
While they may not be considered Mario franchises in Smash Brothers: Yoshi, Wario, and arguably Donkey Kong are subsidaries of the Mario franchise and are generally seen as Mario characters. Not counting Donkey Kong, the general Mario franchise will have a total of 7 characters in Smash For (including the practically guaranteed characters Yoshi and Wario). If we did include Donkey Kong, Diddy, and the requested 3rd character into the mix, we'd have potentially 10 characters from the Mario universe in a suspected 45-50 character roster. This isn't even considering any other potential Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, or Wario characters that could show up by chance.

I just feel that the over saturation of characters from a shared universe would preferably be avoided if possible so the game seems more like a Nintendo crossover rather than a Mario crossover, you know?

Last edited:

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599

Also, Sheik kinda has his own moveset for a fifth character. If you don't consider Sheik a fifth character though that's ok. Zelda could have a fifth character but I think Sheik kinda takes care of that. If you really do think there will be a fifth Tetra fits in well. If you think it's necessary that is. Yeah, I know the Pokemon trainer also kinda has 3 different characters in it. But yeah, there's 718 Pokemon now. There's going to be a lot of important Pokemon in that large number.

View attachment 6402
So that's what they look like. Never found the stone.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Love how people are trying to act all serious when responding to branden.
I can be very serious when someone is being truly stupid.
But when someone is being moderately stupid, I am fine with it.

But when someone is truly stupid, and using stupidness in its purist form, I get this overwhelming feeling, like I want to facepalm myself 1,000,000 times everywhere on my head. And then I become serious.

And when someone honestly thinks he/she can convince us that they leaked the actually roster, that is pure stupidity.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, Sheik kinda has his own moveset for a fifth character. If you don't consider Sheik a fifth character though that's ok. Zelda could have a fifth character but I think Sheik kinda takes care of that. If you really do think there will be a fifth Tetra fits in well. If you think it's necessary that is. Yeah, I know the Pokemon trainer also kinda has 3 different characters in it. But yeah, there's 718 Pokemon now. There's going to be a lot of important Pokemon in that large number.

Weird seeing someone mention Sheik as a male. Haven't seen that much.

Smash Etiquette? I dunno.
I thought we just ignore and laugh at people who make these leaks. Mostly ignore though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think one-offs are impossible because of Midna not showing in Brawl, I think they're extremely unlikely because the most supported one got the AT treatment (RIP Skull Kid). I'm generally not dismissive of any characters (except Bowser Jr, the little ****), but I'm still iffy on characters who aren't part of the main cast.

My support? I've been waiting for King K. Rool and Ridley since Melee, it's a bit **** that DK and Metroid keep getting the shaft. I've also got lesser support for Krystal, but nothing really big. I'm actually quite content with Brawl's roster, as long as everyone returns (particularly Snake) I'll be happy. As far as Zelda goes, I think it's fine with the four it has. Though I thought the same with Mario and then Rosalina happened...
King K. Rool and Ridley? I support them as an obligatory thing. I want a Zelda newcomer so, so, so, so bad. Tetra and Tingle are most likely, but Tetra is too obvious and God I hate Tingle so much. Also, yeah, I don't know, Skull Kid getting the AT treatment worries me too.

This was actually my original avatar before I started to use avatars of my other favorite game characters or Wanted Newcomers, like the one I have now of Masked Dedede!
And by "we missed you" I think you mean "I missed you."
I don't think everyone here is glad of my return, and some may be crying of my return as we speak...erm... As we type.
Don't be like that. I'm the resident pessimistic guy here, and I am absolutely jolly here.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

I think with Sakurai, when balancing out the different series', it is the slots that matter, and not the characters themselves, since transformations function and serve as one playable entity.
If we did get a 5th Zelda slot, I would expect it to be Tingle, since he is very unique, has a recurring role in the series, and would be really fun to play as!
Thought Tetra would be my second prediction.

My most wanted, however, is Masked Link.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Smash Etiquette? I dunno.

I can be very serious when someone is being truly stupid.
But when someone is being moderately stupid, I am fine with it.

But when someone is truly stupid, and using stupidness in its purist form, I get this overwhelming feeling, like I want to facepalm myself 1,000,000 times everywhere on my head. And then I become serious.

And when someone honestly thinks he/she can convince us that they leaked the actually roster, that is pure stupidity.

A picture is worth 1,000 words.

Just quoting this for no particular reason.
Just because............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom