• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think DK as well.
DK arguably the franchise responsible for Nintendo's gaming success, with the arcade machine back in '81.
After that it continued to be a popular franchise with arcade sequels and a platforming spin-off series.
It took a break, and now it's back full storm.
As much as Kirby and DK BOTH deserve it, DK deserves it more by far.
The question is if it's going to get it.

Reznor

work in progress
Nobody likes my Palutena moveset? Oh okay. :c

*Goes and Watches Game Grumps*
I just assume all your move sets are good and don't need me to comment on them :drfacepalm:

P.S
Game Grumps was better with Jon it seems like Dan doesn't even like games some times :cry:

Reznor

work in progress
okay my thoughts on the Kirby/DK 4 rep thing I would pick Kirby
I think it would make sense if both franchises both got 1 new character for Smash 4 so every one is a winner

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Boy has this thread gone weird.

Anyway, I did go back to my roster input, and rearranged the icons more. That way, the roster display formatting would be more acceptable.

[collapse=Starting Roster]
[/collapse]

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh okay...let me put on my Melodramatic face:

I just assume all your move sets are good and don't need me to comment on them :drfacepalm:

P.S
Game Grumps was better with Jon it seems like Dan doesn't even like games some times :cry:
Wow, that's awfully kind of you. :) And yes, I feel the same. Maybe it's because Dan's best comic bits comes from almost nothing relating to the game they're playing, or it's because the clashing of personalities/preferences that Jon and Arin had is gone, which made up a good chunk of the show's comedy.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Toon Zelda is deserving enough for 2 incarnations in one IP? Also Yarn Yoshi IS Yoshi. Is he deserving too? :p
Tetra is a fan favorite Major character that's in a few of the main series games with a major role in a spin-off.

"The" Yarn Yoshi is in one game that has had nothing outside of screenshots and a 20 second trailer mentioned of it since it's announcement in a year ago next thursday. With the game not being released or not even having a formal trailer yet, I believe you aren't giving Tetra enough credit if you're comparing her to this.
And that seems kind of weird that one incarnation of Link holds the identity of Link, but the Zelda incarnation doesn't and isn't a clone.
Is it any less weird that people may actually want a character that is popular and relevant in his / her franchise? I mean in the end as Kenith touched on earlier, her being Zelda sorta killed her character a little bit. You yourself mentioned how Tetra went from being a really great character to being forced to take on the role of a princess and no longer be of any help on a Miiverse post by yourself. Why would anybody want Zelda to hold her back again? Tetra is better by herself anyways, and she's been better without the Princess persona that was forced onto her.
Actually, Tetra is pretty much her own character, but they had to incorporate pretty princess misogynistic Zelda into the story somehow. Moreso than Sheik at least.

I think she can exist without Zelda. She's done it before.
I agree (if my previous comment didn't make that obvious). Next to Groose and Linebeck, I can easily say that Tetra is my most wanted Zelda newcomer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know who wouldn't be too bad? Chibi Robo. I think he could make for a solid character choice. Anyone else feel like discussing the character for a while. He has a 3DS game. Though I can't remember if it came out yet. Maybe it did in Japan or something.

And hey, you don't get to beat people with a toothbrush often.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Anyway, I did go back to my roster input, and rearranged the icons more. That way, the roster display formatting would be more acceptable.

[/collapse]
Whoa! Dude, this is like WAY better than your other

*sees Chrom without Ike and Bowser Jr over Snake and Lucas*

And shouldn't Palutena be a starter and Wii Fit Trainer an unlockable?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know who wouldn't be too bad? Chibi Robo. I think he could make for a solid character choice. Anyone else feel like discussing the character for a while. He has a 3DS game. Though I can't remember if it came out yet. Maybe it did in Japan or something.
I would be thrilled for Chibi-Robo. Sadly, I can see him being an AT moreso than a playable character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well I'm done analyzing Shortie's new poll, thanks to Saturn for showing it to me.
Notes (Mostly by series):

- Mewtwo is still the Pokemon Champion. King K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, and Roy
take up the Top Tier. So the Smashboards Elite Four is mostly intact, save for
Palutena, who's second in Mid Tier, just below Krystal (annoying, right?).

- YEAH! GHIRAHIM IS HIGHEST VOTED ZELDA CHARACTER!!! At least, in this one poll...No other Zelda character even
makes it to the tiers. Midna is close to getting up there, while Vaati and Tetra are much lower. Tingle is below Toon Ganon.
And Groose is way below that.

- Chrom is surprisingly high, in the mid tier. Lyn and Lucina are in the Bottom Tier. No other FE characters make the tiers.

- Pacman is TOO HIGH. 2nd Sonic character is WAY TOO HIGH. Banjo is higher though, so it evens out. Bomberman and
Rayman and Sora make it to the Low and Bottom tiers, respectively.

- Bowser Jr. is right behind Pale tuna in the Mid Tier, and Dixie Kong is at it's bottom. Waluigi and Paper Mario top the Low
Tier.

- The only Pokemon voted, both in the bottom tier, are 6th gen Pokemon and Zoroark. Zoroark is expected, and
(SPOILER ALERT: 6th Gen = Hawlucha)

- Issac (Mid) has a over 100 more votes than Shulk (Low). So he is still higher voted. Takamaru doesn't make it to a tier. :(

That's everything of interest, really.

Skull Kid is one higher than Ghirahim but he's disconfirmed so he don't count ;)

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052

[/collapse]
My only complaint with this roster is the lack of Lucas. Other than that, it's the best, most realistic roster we can hope for.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 6391
Alright, here's a new roster.
Not too many changes, but a list of characters I'm considering is on the bottom.

Also, if you ever have Lip over Takamaru I'd go ahead and add Subaru Garoo. Or just put him over Waddle Dee as he'd be sort of a Katana/Fist oriented character. (and come on, dude. You don't need to put Muddy Mole and Krystal on your consideration list.):lick:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Well I'm done analyzing Shortie's new poll, thanks to Saturn for showing it to me.
Notes (Mostly by series):

- YEAH! GHIRAHIM IS HIGHEST VOTED ZELDA CHARACTER!!! At least, in this one poll...No other Zelda character even
makes it to the tiers. Midna is close to getting up there, while Vaati and Tetra are much lower. Tingle is below Toon Ganon.
And Groose is way below that.

Skull Kid is one higher than Ghirahim but he's disconfirmed so he don't count ;)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seriously guys. Krystal above Palutena? Really? Also we need to make Hawlucha the next Lucario. That magnificent ******* really deserves it.

branden4030

Smash Cadet
Smash bros roster leaked! Hate it or love it its here to stay... check it out!

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Rosalina & Luna
Link
Zelda/sheik
Toon link
Ganondorf
Toon zelda
Pikachu
Jiggly puff
Pokemon trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pit
Medusa
Kirby
King dedede
Meta knight
Pikmin & olimar
Samus/ zero suit
Donkey kong
Diddy kong
Dixie kong
Fox
Falco
Marth
Ike
Villager
Mega man
Wii fit trainer
Sonic
Captin falcon
Ice climbers
Game & watch
Yoshi
Wario
Isaac
Pacman
Ness
Ray

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Also, if you ever have Lip over Takamaru I'd go ahead and add Subaru Garoo. Or just put him over Waddle Dee as he'd be sort of a Katana/Fist oriented character. (and come on, dude. You don't need to put Muddy Mole and Krystal on your consideration list.):lick:
Subaru Garoo. Lol
I really like the idea of Muddy Mole and a digging moveset. It's a new and fresh style of fighting we haven't seen yet.
And Krystal is in case Sakurai decides to add another Star Fox character as is "tradition". Also females.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom