• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Implying "scaling him down" is just as degrading as making him a clone of Luigi.

EDIT: I'd expect being a semi-clone of Bowser or Charizard before Luigi.

Morbi

Scavenger
In terms of Smash Bros, Snake detractors should at least appreciate the fact that Kojima had genuine reasons to want Snake in Smash.

Money was an after thought. I'm sure he would be grateful for his character to come back.

I'm all the more confident in Snake now. Seriously.
You are so confident that it is making me confident in Snake. I just hope we get Big Boss, Solid Snake is meh.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I remember that my nephews, who I taught how to play Smash (they love it), grew interested in Snake because he was "cool". This was back in 2009, when they were both younger than 10. They also ask me a bunch of questions about him that I have to look up to answer. :laugh:

Would I let them play a Metal Gear game today? ...Probably not. They have both seen worse through movies, but the older one, who is IMO old enough to at least test it out, is very analytical about things and psychologically serious to the point that I fear it may bother him on an emotional level.
The younger one, I feel would have a blast, but not quite sure I would feel comfortable with him playing it just yet.
Nice story. That reminds me of when me and my cousin played smash 64. I was 8, he was 5, and we had this crzy idea about taunts. We thought that if u taunted a lot in a row, your next attack would be stronger. We actually believed this, as we didn't know that you got knocked back farther when you had more damage. We thought it was the taunting that was increasing knockback.
Good times. (Also, we just spammed pikachu a b and down b, and called the final cutter the HIYA)

D

Deleted member

Really, what's the difference between Solid Snake and Big Boss during his period as Naked Snake?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
(Also, we just spammed pikachu a b and down b, and called the final cutter the HIYA)
Everybody has had to have called the Final Cutter "HIYA" at some point in their life. Kirby's taunt in Melee is also called "A-a-aiiii".

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Implying "scaling him down" is just as degrading as making him a clone of Luigi.

PICTURE IT. RIDLEY DOING LUIGI TORNADO.

Or maybe the Luigi version of Super Jump Punch :awesome:

OR BETTER YET. THE LUIGI DASH ATTACK!!!

D

Deleted member

I remember when a friend of mine in middle school referred to Falcon's 64 forward smash attack as the "milk" since it sounded like he was saying "milk".

....Before you get the wrong idea, he knew that's not what Falcon was saying. It's like the whole "Show me your moobs"/"Show me a moose" humor.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Ridley Movelist:
B: FlameThrower Clone
B->: Flying Press Clone
B^: Fire Spin Clone
BDown: Luigi Tornado Clone
FS: Giga Ridley

Last post till 1000...woop!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Snake should just get an Alt of Big Boss. Get the best of both.

Not that I really care. I just want Snake. (don't you dare make a dirty joke)

D

Deleted member

So, best of both worlds is that Snake is both Solid and Naked? :awesome:

....yeah, I dared to make a dirty joke. Wat u goin' do about it?

Morbi

Scavenger
Lol, but seriously.

What is the actual difference between the two to where Solid is meh while Naked is not?
I'm asking a serious question; I'm not keen on the Metal Gear lore.
I don't actually know. I am not the biggest Metal Gear Solid fan out there, I just tried them as a result of Smash. I just like Big Boss a lot more, he is more aesthetically pleasing and I interpret Solid Snake as a cheap knock-off (as he is essentially a clone).

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I remember when a friend of mine in middle school referred to Falcon's 64 forward smash attack as the "milk" since it sounded like he was saying "milk".

....Before you get the wrong idea, he knew that's not what Falcon was saying. It's like the whole "Show me your moobs"/"Show me a moose" humor.
Lolz.
My cousin used to be super scarred of sector z. Whenever he was playing story mode in 64, he would hog it all to himself. However, when he reached sector z vs samus, he would yet for me to do it for him, as he was scared of "the rising peee".
I also remember when we were once doing versus, we chose random on stage, and got sector z, he just started crying.
Good goood times.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure that 95% of all Fire Emblem players found out about the franchise due to Smash, or have at least played Smash. Thus, having Marth as the starter makes sense.
Meaning that the 95% that found about Fire Emblem through Smash recognize Ike more than Marth as he's both in Smash AND international in 2 games. So Marth as a starter does NOT make sense. :shades:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So, best of both worlds is that Snake is both Solid and Naked? :awesome:

....yeah, I dared to make a dirty joke. Wat u goin' do about it?
I meant moreso the idea that I want A Snake. I'm just used to people being like, "Oh, you want a SNAKE do you? " :troll:

I did that to my friend once. He picked Dedede and said that he liked the heavy guys in Smash. So I followed up with, "You like heavy guys eh?" :awesome:

D

Deleted member

I don't actually know. I am not the biggest Metal Gear Solid fan out there, I just tried them as a result of Smash. I just like Big Boss a lot more, he is more aesthetically pleasing and I view Solid Snake as a cheap knock-off (as he is essentially a clone).
From what I understand, through character development, Snake and Big Boss differ quite a bit, and Snake essentially forms his own identity.
But I think in Big Boss' time as Naked Snake, he was quite similar.

I wouldn't call Snake a knock-off though, since the similarities were shown only when MGS3 came out.

Morbi

Scavenger
I meant moreso the idea that I want A Snake. I'm just used to people being like, "Oh, you want a SNAKE do you? " :troll:

I did that to my friend once. He picked Dedede and said that he liked the heavy guys in Smash. So I followed up with, "You like heavy guys eh?" :awesome:
I also like big guys. :awesome:

Anyways, that is the wonder of alternative costumes, we can have both. I will just never touch the Solid Snake costume. I will be beyond pissed if Old Snake is the costume though, I will literally throw my shoe at the screen when that times comes, not really though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I also like big guys. :awesome:

Anyways, that is the wonder of alternative costumes, we can have both. I will just never touch the Solid Snake costume. I will be beyond pissed if Old Snake is the costume though, I will literally throw my shoe at the screen when that times comes, not really though.
Old Snake is best Snake.. Just imagine it. He can do his dash attack and hurt his back. If you do it too much, he'll vomit :awesome:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
From what I understand, through character development, Snake and Big Boss differ quite a bit, and Snake essentially forms his own identity.
But I think in Big Boss' time as Naked Snake, he was quite similar.

I wouldn't call Snake a knock-off though, since the similarities were shown only when MGS3 came out.
By orders of appearance, wouldn't Naked Snake be a knockoff? Snake was first shown way before Naked was.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I don't really care what the costumes are, but HAVING a costume is better than none at all.

D

Deleted member

By orders of appearance, wouldn't Naked Snake be a knockoff? Snake was first shown way before Naked was.
Snake and Big Boss debuted in the same game. Metal Gear.

It wasn't until MGS3 that we saw the younger Big Boss.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
[/collapse]

[/collapse]
Comparing Naked Snake during MGS3 to Solid during Blawl/MGS2, They are quite similar. The thing they were trying to show is before Big Boss' change in character, he was exactly like Solid. Since Solid did come from his dominant genes. It's supposed to show how much a complete identical figure, would change in different situations.

Morbi

Scavenger
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
Comparing Naked Snake during MGS3 to Solid during Blawl/MGS2, They are quite similar. The thing they were trying to show is before Big Boss' change in character, he was exactly like Solid. Since Solid did come from his dominant genes. It's supposed to show how much a complete identical figure, would change in different situations.
Too bad Big Boss was much more interesting. :awesome:

Edit: Also, you put the pictures inside of the collapse tags. The first collapse tag doesn't need the / in front of collapse, you use that in the second bracket. Think of it as /(end)collapse.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Brawl Snake is a sort of hybrid between Solid Snake and Big Boss while being specifically Solid.

So I could just be basing my views on the two on that and be horribly misinformed.

EDIT: But with that in mind, having both (one being a costume) would be perfect IMO.

If we're going with the recent Metal Gear on a Nintendo system, then the default appearance might be this:

And the Brawl appearance could be an alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom