• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Starting rosters eh?

I decided to hell with it and made Ness and the Captain starters again, I also put Marth there since he was actually revealed before any other FE characters, new or old. I figure Villager would be a starter while Miss Fit would be the unlockable, I also think Rosalina would be unlockable. Takamaru is there since he's my guess at the retro, and both Pit and Ice Climbers were starters in both Brawl and Melee.

And then here's my newest full roster, I decided to add Lip back instead of a fifth Zelda character. The rest of my choices are the same as usual.
Seeing that they added a fifth Mario character, the chances of other games having more characters to represent is pretty high. I don't really have any problems with this roaster. Although I think Little Mac should be in there. Why? Mr. Game and Watch and Ice Climbers. Punch-out does not have anything to represent it yet.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Seeing that they added a fifth Mario character, the chances of other games having more characters to represent is pretty high. I don't really have any problems with this roaster. Although I think Little Mac should be in there. Why? Mr. Game and Watch and Ice Climbers. Punch-out does not have anything to represent it yet.
Wait, what does Punch-Out have to do with Ice Climber or Game & Watch? I mostly didn't put Little Mac because I think that "leak" was a load of BS and I'm apparently the only person who doesn't have a hard on for Punch-Out. I don't really care if he gets in, but I don't want him in either.

I figure Mario and Pokemon might be the only two with five reps, they both were the only ones with two reps in the first game and they are the biggest series.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Wait, what does Punch-Out have to do with Ice Climber or Game & Watch? I mostly didn't put Little Mac because I think that "leak" was a load of BS and I'm apparently the only person who doesn't have a hard on for Punch-Out. I don't really care if he gets in, but I don't want him in either.

I figure Mario and Pokemon might be the only two with five reps, they both were the only ones with two reps in the first game and they are the biggest series.
Both are old series like punch-out. I'd think Punch-out has a better reputation than Ice-Climbers.

JPW

Smash Ace
Blame Capcom.
Miiverse is at fault for a lot of things, but this one is the problem of the company not using their Blue Bomber enough.

They kept him out of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and even when they do use him in games they treat him like a joke:

Nevermind what's wrong with the Miiverse or anyone who hasn't played Megaman, what the **** is wrong with Capcom?

Duck Hunt Dog, Dillon, Isaac, Shulk, Andy, Lip, Prince Sable, Ray Mk II/III, Daitoryo, Tempo, Mallo, Nikki from Swapnote.
I thought the backlash was too harsh. I actually cracked up with this Megaman. I lol'd. Especially at all the butthurt fanboys. And I actually couldn't wait to try him out. And he's not that bad. He's quite comical.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I thought the backlash was too harsh. I actually cracked up with this Megaman. I lol'd. Especially at all the butthurt fanboys. And I actually couldn't wait to try him out. And he's not that bad. He's quite comical.
That just simply a case of bad timing.

Bad Box Art Mega Man was revealed a few months after the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3, so naturally people were very bitter over the whole thing.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
He kind of has a spot because he was in Brawl, plus Sakurai made Uprising afterwards. Not to mention he was one of the first confirmed.
Good point. But that stage though. Do you think that's just a brawl stage like Final Destination or Battlefield?

Also, I don't really see any reason why he wouldn't be in there, just as I see no reason they would cut anyone.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm a bit late, but. . .
No secret/unlockable characters argument in a nutshell: INSTANT GRATIFICATION AKA UNREFINED HEDONISM.
Dumb, in my opinion. I, for one, will not spoil myself, and I will reap the rewards in far greater quantities at a later time.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Good point. But that stage though. Do you think that's just a brawl stage like Final Destination or Battlefield?

Also, I don't really see any reason why he wouldn't be in there, just as I see no reason they would cut anyone.
The boxing ring? Yeah, that's obviously a Punch-Out stage. Remember when we had Villager in Brawl alongside Smashville too? ...Wait a second.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
The boxing ring? Yeah, that's obviously a Punch-Out stage. Remember when we had Villager in Brawl alongside Smashville too? ...Wait a second.
There wasn't a Kid Icarus stage in melee, first one was in Brawl. What's the chances of Little Mac not being in there? Do you think that will happen again?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There wasn't a Kid Icarus stage in melee, first one was in Brawl. What's the chances of Little Mac not being in there? Do you think that will happen again?
...What? What does Kid Icarus or Melee have to do with it? You've completely lost me there. I just alluded to the fact that a franchise can have a stage but not have a character, as there was an Animal Crossing stage in Brawl, yet we didn't have an animal Crossing character. It's completely plausible that we now have a Punch-Out stage and no Little Mac to go with it. I really don't get what you're on about with Kid Icarus or whatever not happening again.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
...What? What does Kid Icarus or Melee have to do with it? You've completely lost me there. I just alluded to the fact that a franchise can have a stage but not have a character, as there was an Animal Crossing stage in Brawl, yet we didn't have an animal Crossing character. It's completely plausible that we now have a Punch-Out stage and no Little Mac to go with it. I really don't get what you're on about with Kid Icarus or whatever not happening again.
I'm trying to say that Kid Icarus got its stage in Brawl as well as a character, unlike how Animal crossing got a stage but didn't get a character. This also goes with Snake and Sonic having a stage and character, if you want to count those.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm trying to say that Kid Icarus got its stage in Brawl as well as a character, unlike how Animal crossing got a stage but didn't get a character. This also goes with Snake and Sonic, if you want to count those.
Well obviously, most new characters get a stage, R.O.B. was the only character that didn't get a stage in Brawl. You're doing this backwards, Pit didn't become playable because there was a stage, there was a stage because he was playable. But there doesn't have to be a playable character for a stage, see: Smashville, Hanenbow, Pictochat. Hence my belief in a Punch-Out stage with no Little Mac. I still don't understand what you're trying to get at.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why would there be a stage for a good fighting character, then not include the character?

Seems stupid to me.

I see Lil Mac as a lock.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Why would there be a stage for a good fighting character, then not include the character?

Seems stupid to me.

I see Lil Mac as a lock.
Why have an Animal Crossing stage but not include the character? I'm not saying Little Mac isn't likely, I'm saying that I sure don't see him as a lock.
Hell, do you think there's going to be a character from Pilotwings too? What about the Nintendogs stage?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There is the possibility that Sakurai doesn't see anything besides punching in Little Mac.

He's iconic, an able fighter. He fits the style...but all he does are variations of punches. You never know. Sakurai may not care much for that.

inb4allMarthdoesisswinghissword

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Why have an Animal Crossing stage but not include the character? I'm not saying Little Mac isn't likely, I'm saying that I sure don't see him as a lock.
Hell, do you think there's going to be a character from Pilotwings too?
Keep in mind this was just one time. Like 95% of the time there's a stage that corresponds with the character, with exceptions like the one you said.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Keep in mind this was just one time.
The AC stage was just a one time thing? You ignoring Hanenbow, Pictochat, Nintendogs, and Pilotwings now?

There is the possibility that Sakurai doesn't see anything besides punching in Little Mac.

He's iconic, an able fighter. He fits the style...but all he does are variations of punches. You never know. Sakurai may not care much for that.
Sakurai might not even like Little Mac for all we know. Hell, I'd think we would get both Saki and Isaac before Little Mac. Isaac due to fan demand and Saki because of how fleshed out he was as an assist in Brawl, and because of how Sakurai seems to like him.

Because said character wouldn't fit in with Brawl's environment.

There's no excuse this time. Flame me all you want my opinion is not changing.
So he magically fits in now? You're missing my point entirely, I'm pointing out that we've had characterless stages, and it's completely possible for Punch-Out too.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Tingle Tuner can let Link run in the air and gives him a force field. Along with this he uses special mine-bombs. Applying these to Tingle wouldn't be any less strange than refining Link's Magic and giving it to Zelda.
Hmm...Didn't know the Tingle Tuner did that in Wind Waker.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
I'm extremely neutral on Little Mac. He seems like a good choice, I guess. I wouldn't call him a lock, but I see no real reason not to have him playable.

Now that I think about it: a moveset based solely on punching/boxing moves could be really unique and innovative, but on the other hand it could also be extremely bland. Seems kinda hit or miss, depending on whether or not Sakurai sees potential there. Then again, he may even think Little Mac works better as an assist trophy and leave it at that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom