• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So, while on the topic of nothing, how do you guys like my newest roster?
  • Cranky Kong has to go.
  • I fail to see Saki's priority.
  • Doubt Shulk is getting in.
  • Waddle Dee is perfectly fine as a move
  • Props on Vasoli-I mean Vaati.
  • Surprisingly good roster otherwise! Yay verily!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
  • Cranky Kong has to go.
>Dislikes Saki

>Props for Vaati

I can't even tho.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
  • Cranky Kong has to go.
Cranky, I have because I see him being more unique than Dixie
Saki is more or less bias at the moment and moveset potential
I actually find shulk pretty likely
I don't have Waddle Dee, I have Bandanna Dee :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Having a stick is as unique as having long hair.

Oh, wait, this isn't the unpopular opinions thread. My bad.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I notice there is rarely any change at all in the pokemon section of peoples rosters, other than the re adding of mewtwo. Not that i think any wild pokemon choice is possible, but id like to think that gamefreak would at least try to get a new one in there that isnt a mega form.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sticks and long hair are just as unique as cannon guns.
Nope. Sticks and hair are generic disjointed hitboxes with a single hover/bounce attack attached. Blunderbusses shoot cannonballs of normal and spiked varieties in various trajectories as either projectiles or stage traps, along with three variations of clouds, barrels, and a sliding dash, in addition to being a generic disjointed hitbox.

Also, why are members of the thread getting their jimmies rustled by Cranky on a fan roster when they're also so quick to bemoan how "boring and predictable" the rosters without characters like him are?

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I notice there is rarely any change at all in the pokemon section of peoples rosters, other than the re adding of mewtwo. Not that i think any wild pokemon choice is possible, but id like to think that gamefreak would at least try to get a new one in there that isnt a mega form.
Only other really deserving character I can think of i Meowth, who I would have in my roster, but don't really have enough room for without people getting mad at me for replacing Jigglypuff

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I do think that GameFreak will suggest Genesect and that Sakurai might oblige just so we have a Pokemon newcomer. But, then we'd miss out on Mewtwo again. I don't know if Sakurai would do that...though he did seem unsure about reviving Mewtwo.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I would agree to an extent, there's just not a huge amount of starpower for a whole new Pokemon character. Brawl+Mewtwo is the best we can have for Pokemon.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, why are members of the thread getting their jimmies rustled by Cranky on a fan roster when they're also so quick to bemoan how "boring and predictable" the rosters without characters like him are?
Because nobody can be happy no matter what happens.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I actually used to have Tingle in my roster before, but that was before I was introduced to Vaati.
That so? I do prefer Vaati myself. But if I did throw in another Zelda character, I'd still put Tingle over him. He seems like the most plausible choice, given his amount of appearances, and that he's the only Zelda character other than Link to get his own games. But it's your roster not mine, so of course you can do whatever you wish.

Actually, I'm not sure if I would put any Zelda characters after Link, Zelda, Ganon and Toon Link. Not that I'm against it, just that I don't see it happening.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I would agree to an extent, there's just not a huge amount of starpower for a whole new Pokemon character. Brawl+Mewtwo is the best we can have for Pokemon.
True, but we all know the moment that pokemon (or any character really) got in they would be a star. Thats the power smash bros has and it can do wonders for almost any character and their popularity, enough to where if they had none before it would be a complete turnaround.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's obvious Tingle is more merited. But, Sakurai doesn't blindly add characters because they are deserving. Vaati is the only viable Zelda character with an actual move set.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
True, but we all know the moment that pokemon (or any character really) got in they would be a star. Thats the power smash bros has and it can do wonders for almost any character and their popularity, enough to where if they had none before it would be a complete turnaround.
Expect Silver the Hedgehog, Sheep Man, Adam from Metroid and Lakitu. **** those guys. And **** everything they stand for. No one likes them.

It's obvious Tingle is more merited. But, Sakurai doesn't blindly add characters because they are deserving. Vaati is the only viable Zelda character with an actual move set.
Eh, I would agree that Vaati has the most potential to make something interesting. But by no means do the other contenders have nothing to offer. Especially in Tingle's case. This is coming from someone who does dislike Tingle. Since I found him rather annoying in Wind Waker.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I would agree that Vaati has the most potential to make something interesting. But by no means do the other contenders have nothing to offer. Especially in Tingle's case. This is coming from someone who does dislike Tingle. Since I found him rather annoying in Wind Waker.
What does Tingle have to offer? And what does Tetra offer that warrants Toon Zelda?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Expect Silver the Hedgehog, Sheep Man, Adam from Metroid and Lakitu. **** those guys. And **** everything they stand for. No one likes them.
I didnt actually mean that every bizarro reject would have a chance, but just that any serious character they take into consideration will gain a much more of a following, just look at all the artwork wii fit trainer has spawned (dont look too hard, for your own safety). Never did i mean for that to be taken as characters people dislike have a chance or would be popular after, its gotta be within in reasonability at least since we know they wouldnt make horrid choices.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didnt actually mean that every bizarro reject would have a chance, but just that any serious character they take into consideration will gain a much more of a following, just look at all the artwork wii fit trainer has spawned (dont look too hard, for your own safety). Never did i mean for that to be taken as characters people dislike have a chance or would be popular after, its gotta be within in reasonability at least since we know they wouldnt make horrid choices.
I know. I was simply joking around. But I do hate Lakitu with the intensity of 1,000 suns. :p

What does Tingle have to offer? And what does Tetra offer that warrants Toon Zelda?
Someone suggested the idea of him being an aerial fighter with his Balloons. I've also heard of him having body guards help him out. And using certain powers that the Tingle Tuner from Wind Waker has. I stand by my sentiment that he has something to pull from. Just not as much as Vaati.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Someone suggested the idea of him being an aerial fighter with his Balloons. I've also heard of him having body guards help him out. And using certain powers that the Tingle Tuner from Wind Waker has.
  1. Villager/Balloon Fight
  2. Bodyguards? From what?
  3. Tingle Tuner has what powers?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
  1. Villager/Balloon Fight
  2. Bodyguards? From what?
  3. Tingle Tuner has what powers?
I'm not entirely sure where the Bodyguards came from. All I know is that they originate from one of Tingle's Spin-offs. I figured the concept was interesting enough.

Tingle Tuner can let Link run in the air and gives him a force field. Along with this he uses special mine-bombs. Applying these to Tingle wouldn't be any less strange than refining Link's Magic and giving it to Zelda.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I agree because:
Ninjas > Pirates :troll:
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

b yhnub yhnub yhnutvgf yhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjyhnjm

that was my face on my keyboard if you wanted to know

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How can Tetra work out and her cutlass would be considered in appropriate like how Sakurai had viewed Snake's pistols? :troll:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Everyone in Smash has a sword. I don't think a cutlass would be any different.

That said, **** Tetra. She's cool in the game she's in, but I don't want to play as her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom