• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero
Because in video games, everything must serve a purpose in order to be enjoyable. Why don't we just have ONE character in every Mario Kart, but give him different physics to select from that change nothing aesthetically. Because you know, having different characters that don't do anything different is a pointless waste of time.

Let's not have music either. It's not like it changes the game play. Get rid of that too, it's a pointless waste of time. And those unlockables? Don't get me started! What kind of game requires you to accomplish tasks and be rewarded for it? Ugh!

You know what I can't stand? TOON LINK! That little ******* has to be in Smash just because he's one of the most popular and beloved Zelda characters and incarnations of Link. I don't want to play as loveable characters in Smash! I want to play as their move set! You wasted all that time implementing Marth's model into the game when you could have just let as play as his sword!? Jeez, Sakurai! What's wrong with you?

It's not like the concept of Super Smash Brothers was to fight as your favorite Nintendo characters!
I think someone needs a ginger ale and a beanbag...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The reason why we will always get unlockable content in Smash and most fighting video games is that the idea of it encourages people to play the game more than once. To "beat" the game. It has little to do with the overall surprise effect.

Also, there's nothing that confirms that the starting roster won't be the characters revealed pre-release. It's entirely plausible that we won't know any unlockable character beforehand, safe for the third parties.
To further add to this, Rosalina was confirmed to be playable in 3D World, even before its release, and yet you still had to unlock her. Mario Kart 8 has also revealed a good number of characters, but odds are, portions of the roster won't be available to use immediately either.

Simply put, even though we're getting character confirmations right now, some of the confirmed characters may have to be unlocked first.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have no clue as to why she was playable. I want Geno in Mario Kart 8 now if we can have random characters like that. :<
Mario RPG series characters generally don't get much, if any respect in the spin-off titles. Honey Queen is not an RPG-exclusive character, hence why she was in Mario Kart 7.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I think someone needs to a pull a thorn out of their ***.
I think someone needs to take a nappy wappy.

Mario RPG series characters generally don't get much, if any respect in the spin-off titles. Honey Queen is not an RPG-exclusive character, hence why she was in Mario Kart 7.
The one one that I know of is Baby Peach. (Partners in Time)

----

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If we get 2 characters per month and SSB4 comes out in December, with 2 characters already shown for december, we would have 43 characters shown. That still leaves some room for unlockables, so we'll probably see unlockables in the game.
I see it as one character no more this month, 7 months with only 1 character, 2 months with 2 characters, and e3, where I'm guessing 3-5. Overall, I see the revealed roster to be at 32-35 by the release, leaving room for over a dozen unlockables.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have no clue as to why she was playable. I want Geno in Mario Kart 8 now if we can have random characters like that. :<
Random, you say? I could probably see the following as playable kart drivers in Mario Kart 8...

Luma (Super Mario Galaxy series, Mario Tennis Open, SSB4)
Nabbit (New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U)
Pauline (Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, featured in "Nintendo Starlets" StreetPass Mii Plaza puzzle)
Sprixie Princess (Super Mario 3D World, because I have no clue why!!!!)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The website seems to be malfunctioning now for me.
Random, you say? I could probably see the following as playable kart drivers in Mario Kart 8...

Luma (Super Mario Galaxy series, Mario Tennis Open, SSB4)
Nabbit (New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U)
Pauline (Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, featured in "Nintendo Starlets" StreetPass Mii Plaza puzzle)
Sprixie Princess (Super Mario 3D World, because I have no clue why!!!!)
Plessie for Mario Kart 8 please!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Why is Geno cool again?
Because he's mysterious and aloof. Broken attacks in SMRPG too.

No personality though. Mallow kicks his ass at being an actual character, considering he actually got a character arc. Said character arc was questionable, but at least he had growth.

Anyway, forget Geno for Mario Kart 8, if you want some random characters from past Mario related games why not some Wario Ware employees(Mona even already has her own bike) or Paper Mario partners?

Not to mention Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Dry Bones, all the babies--. You know, Mario Kart 7's roster was just all kinds of ****ed up.
As much as I enjoyed the chance to play as a Lakitu for once, the fact he, Wiggler, Metal Mario and Honey Queen were in over Waluigi, Jr and Diddy...eesh.

Also if we're adding babies can we please get Baby DK already?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So, while on the topic of nothing, how do you guys like my newest roster?
I don't think Cranky has a good chance of getting in since the Donkey Series still needs all of it's other important characters to get in, first, so I expect to have Dixie, before him.
I can see the bias in Vaati so I rather not argue
8/10

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hmm....
Vaati is your bias cannon. No point in arguing against that.
Cranky Kong + K Rool. While you got Cranky, you got K Rool. Pretty snazzy.
Saki VS Issac? Ehh.
No Cuts, I approve!
Otherwise I mostly like the choices here. 9/10.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't think Cranky has a good chance of getting in since the Donkey Series still needs all of it's other important characters to get in, first, so I expect to have Dixie, before him.
I can see the bias in Vaati so I rather not argue
8/10
I mostly have Cranky as I think he would make a more unique moveset than Dixie would.
With Vaati, bias isn't my only reason for having him, otherwise I'd have alot of other characters in this roster.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would personally prefer Issac to Saki and Dixie to Cranky. Even with that said, nothing is overtly bad about this roster. I liked that you added Robin instead of Roy/Chrom. I guess Vaati isn't all that likely, but still is above characters with only one major appearance. Perhaps you should consider Tingle, I know he's at least popular in Japan. Along with those spin-offs of his.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I would personally prefer Issac to Saki and Dixie to Cranky. Even with that said, nothing is overtly bad about this roster. I liked that you added Robin instead of Roy/Chrom. I guess Vaati isn't all that likely, but still is above characters with only one major appearance. Perhaps you should consider Tingle, I know he's at least popular in Japan. Along with those spin-offs of his.
I actually used to have Tingle in my roster before, but that was before I was introduced to Vaati.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We will: Keep Lucario, Get Miis

Me may: Get Ridley, Get Shulk

We won't: Get K. Rool, Not have Pac Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom